Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sun halo sparks fear and intrigue in Mexico

UM-Bot

An impressive optical phenomenon created something of a social media frenzy in Mexico City this week.

When the rainbow-like circle appeared around the sun above the capital on Thursday awestruck holidaymakers where left grasping for their cameras and cellphones in an effort to photograph the spectacle and upload it on to their social media accounts.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/281800/sun-halo-sparks-fear-and-intrigue-in-mexico

• Like 1

This is not that rare an occurrence, it's hard to believe people panic over it. It's much more common around a full or nearly full moon and it usually means rain is on the way.

I think many people are totally disconnected from the natural world, perhaps due to urban life or just never being exposed to it. That's a pity because it can be quite interesting if one only looks around.

• Like 4

It amazes me how stupid ass people have the ability to survive without forgetting to breath.

Dumbass people.

• Like 2

believing it instead to be a sign that something terrible was about to happen.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/281800/sun-halo-sparks-fear-and-intrigue-in-mexico

Yep, the local shop has run out of tortillas and papa Jose has lost his sombrero, the apocalypse is descending and they nothing to eat and nothing to wear on their head.

How can people blind themselves from nature and replace it with religion and superstition in todays world?

believing it instead to be a sign that something terrible was about to happen.

http://www.unexplain...rigue-in-mexico

Yep, the local shop has run out of tortillas and papa Jose has lost his sombrero, the apocalypse is descending and they nothing to eat and nothing to wear on their head.

How can people blind themselves from nature and replace it with religion and superstition in todays world?

Today's world ?

What does that mean ?

229512-3x2-940x627.jpg

• Like 1

Today's world ?

What does that mean ?

229512-3x2-940x627.jpg

Nature can be explained, those things (not the guys with the ties on) are just pure fantasy......looks like a bit of a fetish with that lot. :cry:

Intrigue i can understand, nature is very intriguing, but the superstitious fear things? the apocalypse? today...really?

Edited by freetoroam

I saw something similar in my country (Mauritius) a few years back and it sure raised a lot of questions among the population.

These types of claims remind of me of how people once believed or still believe that when a Full Moon happens people will go insane. It seems a lot of superstition is rooted in natural phenomenon.

Nature can be explained, those things (not the guys with the ties on) are just pure fantasy......looks like a bit of a fetish with that lot. :cry:

Intrigue i can understand, nature is very intriguing, but the superstitious fear things? the apocalypse? today...really?

Of course the ties win, hands down, without considering why at all. Go tie ! .... they just 'look right' eh ?

• Like 1

Of course the ties win, hands down, without considering why at all. Go tie ! .... they just 'look right' eh ?

it was never the men in black we had to watch out for, it was the "men in ties" :cry::w00t:

Too much religion/sci fi, not enough science class. They shouldn't come to Florida I see those sun halos a lot during the rainy season.

When I read stories like this one, it makes me wonder why people become so superstitious. It's a fairly common occurrence and they'd know this if they would only look up more.

• Like 1

It amazes me how stupid ass people have the ability to survive without forgetting to breath.

Dumbass people.

Breathing is a partially-involuntary body system, so that doesn't confuse me. I get confused as to how they find their way home at night, though!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dumbass people.

Because all superstitions are easy. Just shut up and believe on command while reading and learning can be difficult as it may compel you to relinquish your death-grip on said superstitions.