Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

looking for ark of the covenant picture

pokingjoker

So the ark of the covenant has always intrigued me. And I was thinking about it today. Now I'm not a real religious person. So after a bit of consulting the mighty Google, refreshed my memory a bit about it. Then got thinking there is many different visual depictions of it. I spent a bit of time trying to figure out what the oldest painting of it may have looked like with no results. Any one able to help me, and have some of if not the earliest painting or images of it. Thanks

I can show you a photo of it:

SpielbergBezalel.jpg

• Like 6

What gets me thinking is the many ways the 2 angels are positioned, because the story says good spoke from in between the angels. Again must idle curiosity. As for me simply using Google I tried, couldn't figure out what could be the earliest depiction of it. Thanks everyone

Since there is no evidence of a Moses or an Exodus, there wouldn't be any reason to think the Ark exists.

• Like 3

Since there is no evidence of a Moses or an Exodus, there wouldn't be any reason to think the Ark exists.

It could have been a real object for ritual purposes. either adopted as part of the legend or made because of it.
  • Like 1

The ark of the covenant

I don’t have any photo of the ark, but in this article I will give you an introduction to everything I have learned about it. Hopefully it might interest some of you.

Firstly. There were actually two ark’s. They were both made by the Jews on instructions by a group of aliens who considered themselves their ‘creators’ and their allied. Even though there were two such arks, later ancient texts constantly mix them (and their purpose), and thus consequently refer to them both as ‘The ark of covenant’. Thus most people assume there was only one ark.

The ark that actually was the real ark of the covenant , seems to have been made in the image of ‘the celestial throne’ in the heavenly temple aboard one of their spaceships. The heavenly tempel was located in the ‘seventh heaven’. This ark was (as the name indicates) made in honor and remembrance of the everlasting covenant between the Jews and their alien forefathers, which they both bound themselves by in those days.

Even though most ancient texts describe the contents in this ark a little differently, it is perhaps safe to say that it probably contained the original Torah as written (“by the finger of God’) . It possibly also contained the two tablets on which the ten commandments were written on. Some texts also claims that the ark contained the rod of Aaron as well as a vessel with manna. Besides this, this ark had no practical use.

From the legends of the jews we can get the following description of the ark of the covenant:

“The Ark consisted of three caskets, a gold one, the length of then spans and a fractional part; within this a wooden one, nine spans long, and within this wooden one, one of gold, eight spans long, so that within and without the wooden was overlaid with the golden caskets. The Ark contained the two tables of the Ten Commandments as well as the Ineffable Name, and all His other epithets. The Ark was an image of the celestial Throne, and was therefore the most essential part of the Tabernacle, so that even during the march it was spread over with a cloth wholly of blue, because this color is similar to the color of the celestial Throne. "

So what on earth was this other ark all about then? This “second” ark was actually a portable communication device. It allowed the Jew’s to communicate with their alien guardians (and vice versa). This way the Jews could contact the aliens whenever they needed advice or military support, or whenever the aliens needed to give the Jews new instructions . The Jews carried this ark with them whenever they went to war.

This ark has (over time) been surrounded by several strange myths. One of them claiming the ark to be a manna machine , others claiming it to be some sort of weapon. Both of these claims are imv. wrong.

The communication device in this ark must however been powered by some strange and powerful energy source though, because those who touched the ark by mistake or did not follow the security protocols while handling it, died instantly ,struck by some sort of electric shocks. Thus the only ones that was allowed to carry and move this device was the Levites , who had been instructed in how to handle and carry it by the aliens themselves.

Biblical texts describes that Moses, Aaron and Miriam was the only ones that was allowed to receive “Divine revelations” through this device in the period when the Jews were preparing for war in the Sinai desert. The Jews kept the communication device in a separate tent at some distance from the main camp. The tent where they kept it was referred to as the tent of congregations (or The Sanctuary). The other ark was located in the tabernacle.

The communication device that Moses was given at mount Horeb by the aliens, was a rather big upgrade of the way communication between those parts used to be, because, before the ark was made, Moses communicated with the colonists by a handheld communication device with ear plugs in his ears. We can read about the huge upgrade of communication devices in the legends of the Jews thus:

“This day marks an important change in the intercourse between God and Moses. Before this, the voice of God would strike Moses' ear as if conducted through a tube, and on such an occasion the outer would recognized only through Moses' reddened face that he was receiving a revelation; now, at the consecration of the sanctuary, this was changed. For when, on this day, he entered the sanctuary, a sweet, pleasant and lovely voice rang out toward him, whereupon he said: "I will hear what God the Lord will speak."

Also (from the legends of the jews). We can read a report on how Moses (being in Midian and on his way to Egypt) communicated with his alien allies . Notice how Aaron (being in Egypt at the time) was able to receive the same communication as Moses simultaneously. This text passage which I refer to goes like this:

“The Divine voice heard by Moses in Midian telling him to return to his brethren in Egypt fell at the same time upon the ear of Aaron, dwelling in Egypt, and it bade him "go into the wilderness to meet Moses." God speaketh marvellously with His voice, and therefore the same revelation could be understood one way in Midian and another way in Egypt.”

Perhaps this is how the myth, that describes God as omnipotent was born?

But. Let us now take a closer look at this communication device itself. It is described in great details in the legends of the jews thus:

“Apart from this Ark, which was kept in the Tabernacle, they had another ark which they carried with them whenever they went to war. On the Ark were the Cherubim with their faces of boys and their wings. The face of each Cherub measured one span, and the wings extended each ten spans, making twenty-two spans in all. It was "from between the two Cherubim" that God communed with Moses, for the Shekinah never wholly descended to earth any more than any mortal ever quite mounted into the heaven , even Moses and Elijah stood a slight distance from heaven; for, "The heaven, even the heavens, are the Lord's: but the earth hath He given to the children of men." Therefore God chose the Cherubim that were ten spans above the earth as the place where the Shekinah betook itself to commune with Moses. The heads of the Cherubim were slightly turned back, like that of a scholar bidding his master farewell; but as a token of God's delight in His people Israel, the faces of the Cherubim, by a miracle, "looked one to another" whenever Israel were devoted to their Lord, yea, even clasped one another like a loving couple. During the festivals of the pilgrimage the priest used to raise the curtain from the Holy of Holies to show the pilgrims how much their God loved them as they could see in the embrace of the two Cherubim.The voice that called Moses came from heaven in the form of a tube of fire and rested over the two Cherubim, whence Moses perceived its sound. This voice was a powerful as at the revelation at Sinai when the souls of all Israel escaped in terror, still it was audible to none but Moses. Not even the angels heard it, for the words of God were destined exclusively for Moses. Aaron, too, with the exception of three cases in which God revealed Himself to him, never received His commands except through the communications of Moses. God would call Moses twice caressingly words by name, and when he had answered, "Here am I," God's words were revealed to him, and every commandment as a special revelation.”

The word Shekinah was the name the Jewish commonly used on the alien spaceship(s). They also used the name Merkabah (the heavenly chariot). I will probably try to return with a post describing this spaceship in details later on. There was several alien spaceships that followed Moses and the Jews through the desert while they went to war to capture the promised land. We can read in the legends of the Jews that the aliens quarreled with Moses regarding the war tactics. Moses wanted the aliens to fight with them on the ground, but the aliens refused this and only agreed to give the aerial support. They coordinated their attacks and strategies through the communication device, (the ark).

When Solomon eventually installed the arks of the covenant in the first temple. We can read that the Ark (The communication device) had not been in use for 480 years. This probably means that there was nobody to communicate with anymore. This probably also mean that this was the time when the aliens eventually left earth or when the so called ‘vanishing ‘ took place. According to my own timeline this happened some 11000 years ago.

The group of aliens that was the Jew’s forefathers, their allies and their guardians, kept according to my findings two Earthly bases. One of those bases was located at mount Horeb in the Sinai desert (Today’s Jordan.Probably close to today’s Petra), and the other one was located at Mount Moriah (in Jerusalem). The latter base was constructed after the great flood and the first before the great flood (unharmed by the flood).

Edited by gla55
  • Like 1

Well, the exodus could be up for debate, but 8.5 billion adherents of the Abrahamic religions would disagree about no proof of Moses' existence... but who's counting?

8.5 is the entire human population, plus a billion. So that's wrong.

And many are not adherents to the Abrahamic religions.

And even among those that are religious don't take Exodus as a literal account.

• Like 3

If the Ark existed, it was almost certainly a stylized cult object designed to resemble a war chariot or throne for the deity: as was a near-universal concept in the Ancient Near East. Even if it didn't exist, the concept certainly seems to follow these same patterns. Or perhaps if it did exist, it was originally a venerated sort of sedia gestatoria for some unknown early Hebrew ruler; or possibly a chariot of similar type. It also seems quite similar to the Anubis Shrine found among the grave goods of Tutankhamun; this possibly indicates that if the Ark existed, it was a sort of ceremonial device originally used in royal funerary processions, and probably intended to either represent a god's carriage on the throne, or the dead king's soul (the fact that the word used for "ark", 'rwn, means "coffin" or "sarcophagus" could be indicative of a funerary fuction). One thing that seems quite clear though is that it may not have had anything inside it: or if it did it may have been simple grave treasures similar to the jewelry and other artifacts inside of the Anubis Shrine. Certainly there were no relics of Moses inside it, that much is abundantly clear.

frontcherubimmattfeld.jpgcherubimthronemegiddo.jpgmvc202.jpg

Edited by Jeanne dArc

Well, the exodus could be up for debate, but 8.5 billion adherents of the Abrahamic religions would disagree about no proof of Moses' existence... but who's counting?

An argumentum ad populum doesn't bolster your case, hon. It was once common knowledge that the earth was a flat disk of land with a solid dome of sky over it: the amount of people who believed it didn't make it any more true.

The Exodus as described in the Bible has absolutely no evidence for it, and in fact a great deal of evidence that makes it appear totally impossible. Now, is there some grain of truth to it? Perhaps. Canaan was once ruled by Egypt, and perhaps the first seed of the Exodus myth sprang from this. Other than that it has nothing going for it though. And Moses even less.

8.5 is the entire human population, plus a billion. So that's wrong.

And many are not adherents to the Abrahamic religions.

And even among those that are religious don't take Exodus as a literal account.

You are correct, ShadowSot. I gave somebody 3 zeroes too many. Let me try that again.

Jews = 14,000,000

Christians = 2,000,000,000

Islam = 1,570,000,000

Babi/Baha'i = 6,000,000

Grand total Abrahamic adherents (sorry left out the Zoroastrians... nevermind...) = 3,590,000,000

Thanks for catching that, ShadowSot. I looked them up, added them up incorrectly, and carelessly posted. :blush:

And OMG I might have the total wrong again. Check behind me....

Yeah, now find out what percentage take the Exodus account seriously.

Many if the articles I have read on the actual evidence take it to be mythical.

You will have a decent number, but as mentioned above, popularity doesn't make it true.

An argumentum ad populum doesn't bolster your case, hon. It was once common knowledge that the earth was a flat disk of land with a solid dome of sky over it: the amount of people who believed it didn't make it any more true.

The Exodus as described in the Bible has absolutely no evidence for it, and in fact a great deal of evidence that makes it appear totally impossible. Now, is there some grain of truth to it? Perhaps. Canaan was once ruled by Egypt, and perhaps the first seed of the Exodus myth sprang from this. Other than that it has nothing going for it though. And Moses even less.

My dear, Jeanne dArc, I said the exodus is up for debate. I don't believe it happened that way myself. I don't believe the plagues and the Red Sea's parting stories are true. A lot of stories in the Bible are not true.... But I do believe that Moses existed.

My dear, Jeanne dArc, I said the exodus is up for debate. I don't believe it happened that way myself. I don't believe the plagues and the Red Sea's parting stories are true. A lot of stories in the Bible are not true.... But I do believe that Moses existed.

I'm aware of what you said. I was just giving my own overview, essentially. I'd be interested to know why you think Moses existed.

Yeah, now find out what percentage take the Exodus account seriously.

Many if the articles I have read on the actual evidence take it to be mythical.

You will have a decent number, but as mentioned above, popularity doesn't make it true.

No, popularity doesn't make it true. My response was directed more at ChaosRose's saying, "...there is no evidence of a Moses..." I think the majority of those 3.59 billion would disagree with that.

As for Moses and the exodus story, I would think most of the Jews and Moslems would believe Moses existed and that the exodus happened. Those 2 religions don't usually pick and choose what they believe and don't believe in their religions...

I don't believe the exodus story of the plagues and the Red Sea's parting happened. And perhaps Moses was known by a different name. I have heard it said that Moses is an Egyptian name meaning "son of." And that he was named Tut-Moses (Son of Thoth). I have no idea whether that is true or not. I've never researched it. Could be interesting though...

ShadowSot, you know about Egyptian history. Was there a Moses, son of Thoth, in Egypt around 1400 BC?

I'm aware of what you said. I was just giving my own overview, essentially. I'd be interested to know why you think Moses existed.

Jews of the High Priest Kohen lineage can trace their DNA back to Aaron, the brother of Moses. If Aaron existed, there's a good chance that Moses existed too... and Genesis Book of Begats is accurate.

"... Based on the DNA of today's Kohanim, the geneticists have dated their "Most Common Recent Ancestor" to 106 generations ago, approximately 3,300 years before the present. This is in agreement with the Torah's written and oral tradition of the lifetime of Aaron, the original High Priest and founder of the Kohen lineage. Further genetic studies have found that the CMH-the Cohen Modal Haplotype-a haplotype of the MED (J) haplogroup-is not exclusive to Kohanim, and not unique to Jews. It is also found in significant percentages among other Middle Eastern populations, and to a lesser extent, among southern Mediterranean groups. A haplotype is a group of distinct DNA markers -- neutral nucleotide mutations, which when found together indicate a lineage. These particular markers were discovered on the Y-Chromosome, which is passed from father to son, without change, thus establishing a paternal lineage pattern." http://www.aish.com/ci/sam/48944786.html

As for me personally, I believe that Moses existed as a matter of faith.

There were a few, but none that would fit the narrative.

As the Tutmoses, if I remember right that comes from an attempt to make the story fit.

But you still end with simply no evidence for any of it occurring.

Abd Judaism would not be the first religion to declare a mythic figure as direct ancestry.

• Like 2

i can show you the link:

http://www.dailymail...ian-chapel.html

Ha! I hope their version is better than the ritual tools that are used for the offerings in the temple, that the Jews also stole along with the ark and smuggled to Ethiopia ... I say them on TV last night, a different 'temple' 100 times more ramshackle, a chest, metallic, 'under ephod ' thing and a large flat metallic round tray ... that looked awfully 'contemptorary' with primitive Ethiopian metalwork ;)

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

What gets me thinking is the many ways the 2 angels are positioned, because the story says good spoke from in between the angels. Again must idle curiosity. As for me simply using Google I tried, couldn't figure out what could be the earliest depiction of it. Thanks everyone

They wingtips were in the air above the mercy seat ... doesnt sound too comfy to sit on :unsure2:

Maybe someone sat on the seat under the wings and 'prophesised; ... some type of temple priestess ? ... ???? .... :innocent:

spoilsport :P

No, popularity doesn't make it true. My response was directed more at ChaosRose's saying, "...there is no evidence of a Moses..." I think the majority of those 3.59 billion would disagree with that.

And I would disagree with that suggestion. I think the majority realize that there isn't evidence. The few who do are crackpots who either believe in forged evidence, or who have simply been misled into thinking there's evidence when there isn't.

As for Moses and the exodus story, I would think most of the Jews and Moslems would believe Moses existed and that the exodus happened. Those 2 religions don't usually pick and choose what they believe and don't believe in their religions...

You're kidding, right? The vast majority of Jews and Muslims are extremely selective when it comes to what they follow: not nearly so much as Christians, but still. The majority of Jews seem more scientifically literate, and thus acknowledge that there isn't any evidence of Moses or the Exodus. I know plenty of Muslims who acknowledge the same.

I don't believe the exodus story of the plagues and the Red Sea's parting happened. And perhaps Moses was known by a different name. I have heard it said that Moses is an Egyptian name meaning "son of." And that he was named Tut-Moses (Son of Thoth). I have no idea whether that is true or not. I've never researched it. Could be interesting though...

Well, as best you shouldn't: they evidently didn't. Worse yet, the original story wasn't even about the Red Sea, but the ym-swp: sea of reeds/sedge. This is not only not a sea (it's a marshland), but neither is it even a geographical location: the sea of reeds was an Egyptian mythological concept understood as a location in the afterworld, Duat (or Amenti). Aaru (the Egyptian form of the sea of reeds) was generally believed to be the "heaven" or "promised land" of the virtuous dead, the paradisiacal realm of Osiris. Perhaps the Hebraized version shown in Exodus is meant to invert this: have the realm of Osiris by split in half by Yahweh, only to have the Israelites wander in the desert for 40 years, in reversal of the wandering of the soul in the desert of Amenti (in Egyptian mythology the wandering in the desert of the afterlife happens first, on the path to Aaru; in the Hebrew version Aaru is left behind, the desert is in the middle, and the final destination is Canaan). Interestingly, Canaan in the text appears to be a Hebraized form of Aaru (the Promised Land, the final destination for the righteous, guided by their patron god; gods are guiding figures in the Egyptian version as well), though it implies that the ancients may have thought there were multiple underworlds: that the Israelites escaped from the Egyptians' netherworld and instead made their way to the Canaanite paradise.

Jews of the High Priest Kohen lineage can trace their DNA back to Aaron, the brother of Moses. If Aaron existed, there's a good chance that Moses existed too... and Genesis Book of Begats is accurate.

"... Based on the DNA of today's Kohanim, the geneticists have dated their "Most Common Recent Ancestor" to 106 generations ago, approximately 3,300 years before the present. This is in agreement with the Torah's written and oral tradition of the lifetime of Aaron, the original High Priest and founder of the Kohen lineage. Further genetic studies have found that the CMH-the Cohen Modal Haplotype-a haplotype of the MED (J) haplogroup-is not exclusive to Kohanim, and not unique to Jews. It is also found in significant percentages among other Middle Eastern populations, and to a lesser extent, among southern Mediterranean groups. A haplotype is a group of distinct DNA markers -- neutral nucleotide mutations, which when found together indicate a lineage. These particular markers were discovered on the Y-Chromosome, which is passed from father to son, without change, thus establishing a paternal lineage pattern." http://www.aish.com/...m/48944786.html

As for me personally, I believe that Moses existed as a matter of faith.

We've discussed this before: Y-chromosomal Aaron was not Aaron. Not only wasn't it a single person, but a group, and that group lived tens of the thousands of years ago. There was no Aaron, and there was no Moses. And no amount of faith will ever count as evidence.

If the Ark existed, it was almost certainly a stylized cult object designed to resemble a war chariot or throne for the deity: as was a near-universal concept in the Ancient Near East. Even if it didn't exist, the concept certainly seems to follow these same patterns. Or perhaps if it did exist, it was originally a venerated sort of sedia gestatoria for some unknown early Hebrew ruler; or possibly a chariot of similar type. It also seems quite similar to the Anubis Shrine found among the grave goods of Tutankhamun; this possibly indicates that if the Ark existed, it was a sort of ceremonial device originally used in royal funerary processions, and probably intended to either represent a god's carriage on the throne, or the dead king's soul (the fact that the word used for "ark", 'rwn, means "coffin" or "sarcophagus" could be indicative of a funerary fuction). One thing that seems quite clear though is that it may not have had anything inside it: or if it did it may have been simple grave treasures similar to the jewelry and other artifacts inside of the Anubis Shrine. Certainly there were no relics of Moses inside it, that much is abundantly clear.

frontcherubimmattfeld.jpgcherubimthronemegiddo.jpgmvc202.jpg

The doco I saw showed these as examples of 'private arks'

1201318.jpg

That they kept 'things' in. I thought they made a reasonable assumption that in such a religion, the only thing of historical, proved and allowed 'veneration' or 'idolatry' was the ark ! That was even the reason for building the first temple, to make a home for God and the ark ... they took it 'everywhere' with them, venerated it, ( just as an ancient Egyptian would a 'portable shrine' to a 'false god' ;

IMG_0774.jpg

) in processions, before them in war ... they were mad about it !

Then, they stopped mentioning it it just sort of fades away .... and it just vanishes from the record. Then after that was the sacking of the Temple. most assume it got carted off as spoils of war.

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1