Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Humans will become God-like cyborgs

DieChecker

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/hay-festival/11627386/Humans-will-become-God-like-cyborgs-within-200-years.html

Wealthy humans are likely become cyborgs within 200 years as they gradually merge with technology like computers and smart phones, a historian has claimed.

I think strictly speaking many of us are already cyborgs. I have a tooth implant for instance. I suspect though that the author means significant body part replacement and technology implants.

• Like 3

So our abilities will finally match our ego? Neat!

• Like 3

damn ... how am i going to stretch another 200 years out of my body to get on the cyborg train. sign me up!

Borg1.jpg

• Like 1

damn ... how am i going to stretch another 200 years out of my body to get on the cyborg train. sign me up!

Borg1.jpg

I'm sure your uniqueness will be added to the collective. :tu:

• Like 2

Or you're going to end up being like this.

robocop_disassembled_472.jpg

The very basic organics attached to a mechanical body. Well at least I know that machinist, electricians, and programmers have a future.

• Like 3

http://www.telegraph...-200-years.html

I think strictly speaking many of us are already cyborgs. I have a tooth implant for instance. I suspect though that the author means significant body part replacement and technology implants.

I blame the public school system for the lack of individuality and for the rote behavior of this society.

• Like 4

I don't want to be a toaster. I 'd rather move on to the next step and become a human-like Cylon.

Humans have already guaranteed their inevitable progression into cyborgs from the moment technology reached the digital age.

• Like 1

I wonder what the impact of social media would have on cyborgs.

If like, we would all have telecommunication networking or just like... Facebook.

Freaky

I blame the public school system for the lack of individuality and for the rote behavior of this society.

We are the Borg of Education. Resistance is unadvised.

• Like 3

Damn, Bill Gates and Warren Buffett were born 200 years too early!

The big question is, will our E.T. overlords who have dominated us for millions of years and directed our evolution all that time allow this to happen?

Edited by Infernal Gnu

I don't think humans will have to worry about becoming cyborgs. We are building better robots all the time and they will eventually wipe us out.

• Like 1

So... what about those of us already there?

• Like 1

that Bryan Fury guy

• Like 1

So... what about those of us already there?

:D

• Like 1

I'd rather be a Mentat.

Harte

• Like 1

I like how he thinks us "poor" will just die young. Like there won't be any fight . I've seen the movie Time...

those liars , they have made promises before and get us to sign up and then sell us to the highest bidder. the last one was when we all helped them do stars wars got us all in debt and what we got was a bunch of morons screaming "global warming" at us. and telling us we can't have a car " ride the bus " ... where is my Jet pack!

Edited by Allesehir

those liars , they have made promises before and get us to sign up and then sell us to the highest bidder. the last one was when we all helped them do stars wars got us all in debt and what we got was a bunch of morons screaming "global warming" at us. and telling us we can't have a car " ride the bus " ... where is my Jet pack!

Who is they?

Some of the comments on the article is sad, invoking superstitious beliefs, or some even wishing for the professor's death because he offended their beliefs.

Edited by Rlyeh
  • Like 1

I don't believe in that people will want to have non-biological implants just as "enhancements", at least I wouldn't want that. There are always risks involved with operations and the body wanting to reject foreign objects etc. Implants made for medical purposes are another matter though, such as artificial legs/arms. Those will continue to improve and eventually people will be able to control them as if they were their own limbs. Btw, I wonder where the border goes for what can be called a cyborg. I have an insulin pump for example, wonder if that makes me a cyborg.

• Like 1

Real-life hover-boards.

The prospect of being immortal through technology.

Just need a flying car and all my dreams as a kid will come true!