Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'African American residents' to lower 'volume

questionmark

Have no fear, police are investigating this as a possible "hate incident". Once again disproving this legal mythology that "people have a right to be an ass".

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-police-investigate-flier-20150529-story.html

The company is denying they had anything to do with the flyer and I find that easy to believe. But their logo was in the bottom corner of the flyer, so...durr...looks like another successful college prank to me, and the raging blacks on social media crying racism are who wind up looking intelligent over it.

Really? The police need to be involved with this? You really think there's an in depth investigation going on here? I'm sure they have their top gumshoes on the case. The only thing that separates this incident from the cartoon incidents is that it involves a business. Free speech doesn't apply to interactions between businesses and customers and that's exactly why this doesn't disprove people's right to be an ass.

• Like 1

That is indeed true, but there's no harm in calling out those who are responsible. I don't believe he was being racist personally. When people refer to the British as such, nobody cries racism. Probably because we're not surrounded by negative truths and stereotypes.

Seems like just another case of African American's crying racism.

Brits are white, so that's an apples to oranges thing.

I'll continue going w/ this being legit, its probably not, but for the sake of a race conversation, it's best to go forward as it is.

The fact it says specifically a race, means they have a specific idea of who's doing it, if you have a specific idea, you go to them, you talk to them, you make it about a person making a choice and dealing with that person.

Saying "all african americans need to be quiet"- not a direct quote admittedly

is the same as saying "dogs need to not poop in the halls"

You take away a persons individual ability to make their decision and reduce them to the race as tho that's the problem, and the individual isn't capable of being wrong themselves.

• Like 1

Really? The police need to be involved with this? You really think there's an in depth investigation going on here? I'm sure they have their top gumshoes on the case. The only thing that separates this incident from the cartoon incidents is that it involves a business. Free speech doesn't apply to interactions between businesses and customers and that's exactly why this doesn't disprove people's right to be an ass.

"Nobody in this company had anything to do with this" and yet someone made a flyer putting the company's logo in the bottom corner. And now they're getting complaints, probably threats, and there's more unrest in their property than ever.

Nothing to see here? Move along? You can't put company logos on your own work when the company had nothing to do with it. Surely you know this is illegal and surely you know cops investigate crimes. Your "right to be an ass" still doesn't exist. But in that dogged imagination perhaps.

I have to agree that the poster is totally inappropriate in a racial sense. They should have addressed everyone, and left race out of the equation.

My guess is that the flyers were put up by another tenant.

My guess is that the flyers were put up by another tenant.

One that didn't want to say, "Loqueesha... SHUT THE HELL UP!"

• Like 1

One that didn't want to say, "Loqueesha... SHUT THE HELL UP!"

Pretty much. I do know that most white folks are intimidated by black people. Who's going to go up to their apartment and ask them to be quiet?

• Like 1

Pretty much. I do know that most white folks are intimidated by black people. Who's going to go up to their apartment and ask them to be quiet?

you do not go to any appt and tell anyone to shut the **** up, be it black, white or asian, you call cops or security, because if you do they will call cops and you will be in troubble, because you came to them, you are the agressor, wheater they were loud or not wont matter.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

That's what it comes to these days.... Call the cops.

It used to be that you could go over and politely ask the neighbor to keep it down, but that is offensive now, I guess.

Today, when you call the cops, they usually ask, "What is the name of the person causing the noise?", and the complaintent will say, "I don't know." And the cops will say, "How long has this person lived next to your?". And the complaintent will say, "About ten years".

Strawman, I know, but it is true also. We don't know our neighbors like we used to. And we don't have relationships with them like we used to decades ago. And so we have to resort to calling the cops for every little thing, because today that guy living 25 feet from us is a complete stranger.

I'm so glad I moved to the country. The nearest neighbor is barely withing screaming range. And that is if you are outside.

• Like 2

That's what it comes to these days.... Call the cops.

wasn't always like that i remember banging on peoples apartment doors and screaming at them at 3 in the morning to shut their *** music up nobody called the cops on me but they were more than welcome to i have a job if others are interfering with my schedule and it's well past a certain time i will take matters into my own hands, someone doesn't like it, grow a pair, or don't and cry to the cops.

• Like 2