Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Plasma tubes floating above earth

Ozfactor

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/aussie-student-proves-existence-of-plasma-tubes-floating-above-earth/story-fnjwlcze-1227379756018

AN AUSTRALIAN scientist has discovered that giant, invisible, moving plasma tubes fill the skies above Earth.

It’s a finding that was initially met with a considerable degree of scepticism within the field of astrophysics, but a University of Sydney undergraduate student Cleo Loi, 23, has proven that the phenomenon exists.

By using a radio telescope in the West Australian outback to see space in 3D, Ms Loi has proven that the Earth’s atmosphere is embedded with these strangely shaped, tubular plasma structures. The complex, multilayered ducts are created by the atmosphere being ionised by sunlight.

• Like 8

That is pretty wild science and amazing that a young undergrad designed the experiment and then proved its results when everyone was so negative about her initial findings. I wonder how these tubes affect radio astronomy and other EM energy that interacts with the upper atmosphere?

• Like 3

Good job and for her being an undergrad, that's fantastic!

What an extraordinary young lady. She has a bright future :)

• Like 1

What an extraordinary young lady. She has a bright future :)

Agreed. I read the article in a few other places and it looks like she dreamed up the idea of splitting the array into two parts thereby turning the output into a 3D like image. I wonder how many other things will be observed by using radio telescope arrays in this way? Can they use larger arrays with far more powerful antennas?

Can we plug in to that energy?

I think that would be difficult, even if there was energy there collect, because these tubes move with the Earth's magnetic field

Edited by Merc14

Just goes to show that just because the experts scoff, doesn't always mean they are correct.

• Like 4

well yeah. this is what i keep saying. you don't need to be big to become bigger. renowned scientists are getting so complacent in their actual positions not bringing anything new other than relatively little farthings.

• Like 1

well yeah. this is what i keep saying. you don't need to be big to become bigger. renowned scientists are getting so complacent in their actual positions not bringing anything new other than relatively little farthings.

Tune in qx, science is changing faster right now, arguably, than in any other time in man's history. Hell, just meander over to the science section of this forum and there is a new discovery posted nearly every day. The fact that you don't know this is more a you thing than a science thing. Just ask!

• Like 1

Palsma tubes - This could solve 90% of ufo cases

merc14 they already use radio telescopes this way.

That is pretty wild science and amazing that a young undergrad designed the experiment and then proved its results when everyone was so negative about her initial findings. I wonder how these tubes affect radio astronomy and other EM energy that interacts with the upper atmosphere?

Apparently, she was keenly aware of the subtle distinction between healthy skepticism and empty-minded belittling, and persevered
  • Like 1

merc14 they already use radio telescopes this way.

Ok thanks! That was a question I had but couldn't find an answer. Not sure if you can answer this or not but what did she do differently that enabled her to see these tubes while others didn't?

Tune in qx, science is changing faster right now, arguably, than in any other time in man's history. Hell, just meander over to the science section of this forum and there is a new discovery posted nearly every day. The fact that you don't know this is more a you thing than a science thing. Just ask!

True I saw a few in here where science has moved really fast. like explaining what is causing holes in the swiss cheese. that was a break through discovery modern science made, argued by all the cheese makers around the world...

of course who cares ?

Edited by qxcontinuum

True I saw a few in here where science has moved really fast. like explaining what is causing holes in the swiss cheese. that was a break through discovery modern science made, argued by all the cheese makers around the world...

of course who cares ?

I would guess cheese lovers the world over. Apparently you missed the rest but I gave up on informing you a short while ago.

Just goes to show that just because the experts scoff, doesn't always mean they are correct.

Yep, a long as you have good evidence and research you can overthrow any bit of science.

of course who cares ?

You really should check any cosmology, biology, or just generl science feed. New stuff comes out weekly, or almost daily.
  • Like 1

Ahhh yes.... the rising star of plasma physics is shifting the paradigm of fuzzy fysics.

Ok thanks! That was a question I had but couldn't find an answer. Not sure if you can answer this or not but what did she do differently that enabled her to see these tubes while others didn't?

is this it Merc? From the article:

The breakthrough came when Ms Loi used the remote telescope, the Murchison Widefield Array (MWA), to map large patches of the sky in a new way.

By separating the signals from tiles in the east from the ones in the west, the astronomers gave the MWA — a set of 128 antenna tiles spread over 9sq km in the desert — the power to see in 3D.

“This is like turning the telescope into a pair of eyes, and by that we were able to probe the 3D nature of these structures and watch them move around,” Ms Loi said.

“We were able to measure the spacing between them, their height above the ground and their steep inclination. This has never been possible before and is a very exciting new technique.”

is this it Merc? From the article:

The breakthrough came when Ms Loi used the remote telescope, the Murchison Widefield Array (MWA), to map large patches of the sky in a new way.

By separating the signals from tiles in the east from the ones in the west, the astronomers gave the MWA — a set of 128 antenna tiles spread over 9sq km in the desert — the power to see in 3D.

“This is like turning the telescope into a pair of eyes, and by that we were able to probe the 3D nature of these structures and watch them move around,” Ms Loi said.

“We were able to measure the spacing between them, their height above the ground and their steep inclination. This has never been possible before and is a very exciting new technique.”

Thanks but pbarosso said that this was a common practice. I don't know what she did differently to make those images.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

of course who cares ?

i'm always amazed that you consider yourself qualified to criticize science when so many of your posts here celebrate ignorance.

Edited by seaturtlehorsesnake
  • Like 3