Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cameron going full Nazi

preacherman76

“For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens ‘as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone.'” It’s not enough for British subjects merely to “obey the law”; they must refrain from believing in or expressing ideas which Her Majesty’s Government dislikes.

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/05/13/greatest-threat-free-speech-comes-terrorism-claiming-fight/

That is scary.

• Like 8

Someone put that quote in Doctor Doom's mouth .... It fitted perfectly.

• Like 2

Anticipating Prime Minister Cameron’s new “anti-extremist” bill (to be unveiled in the “Queen’s Speech”), University of Bath Professor Bill Durodié said that “the window for free speech has now been firmly shut just a few months after so many political leaders walked in supposed solidarity for murdered cartoonists in France.” Actually, there has long been a broad, sustained assault in the West on core political liberties — specifically due process, free speech and free assembly — perpetrated not by “radical Muslims,” but by those who endlessly claim to fight them. Sadly, and tellingly, none of that has triggered parades or marches or widespread condemnation by Western journalists and pundits. But for those who truly believe in principles of free expression — as opposed to pretending to when it allows one to bash the Other Tribe — these are the assaults that need marches and protests.

same link

• Like 1

That's the thinking that gives us Servelan.

• Like 3

from the OP link -

It will also contain new powers to close premises including mosques where extremists seek to influence others. The powers of the Charity Commission to root out charities that misappropriate funds towards extremism and terrorism will also be strengthened.

I think it's a good idea to close Mosques if extremists operate in them - at least temporarily -

that would soon sharpen up the Self Policing within mosques -

and stop muslims, living in Britain from turning a blind eye to what's going on within their organization -

sometimes under their noses - in the privacy of mosques -

I appreciate the dangers of this kind of legislation - but - that's what happens when groups of people with

links to international terrorism abuse the freedoms they have here - we all suffer -

• Like 2

England doesn't already have anti terrorism laws?

from the OP link -

I think it's a good idea to close Mosques if extremists operate in them - at least temporarily -

that would soon sharpen up the Self Policing within mosques -

and stop muslims, living in Britain from turning a blind eye to what's going on within their organization -

sometimes under their noses - in the privacy of mosques -

I appreciate the dangers of this kind of legislation - but - that's what happens when groups of people with

links to international terrorism abuse the freedoms they have here - we all suffer -

I seriously doubt this has much to do with muslims at all.

If all that sounds menacing, tyrannical and even fascist to you — and really, how could it not? “extremism disruption orders” — you should really watch this video of Tory Home Secretary Theresa May trying to justify the bill in an interview on BBC this morning. When pressed on what “extremism” means — specifically, when something crosses the line from legitimate disagreement into criminal “extremism” — she evades the question completely, repeatedly invoking creepy slogans about the need to stop those who seek to “undermine Our British Values” and, instead, ensure “we are together as one society, One Nation” (I personally believe this was all more lyrical in its original German). Click here to watch the video and see the face of Western authoritarianism, advocating powers in the name of Freedom that are its very antithesis.

• Like 1

England doesn't already have anti terrorism laws?

I seriously doubt this has much to do with muslims at all.

underlined -

you're having a laugh aren't you - :unsure2:

of course it has -

• Like 1

No, Im afraid I don't find it in the least bit funny. These people are saying its no longer acceptable to just be law abiding. That somehow there is a new class of extremism that isn't already covered by the many laws already put in place.

• Like 2

No, Im afraid I don't find it in the least bit funny. These people are saying its no longer acceptable to just be law abiding. That somehow there is a new class of extremism that isn't already covered by the many laws already put in place.

Are you not over reacting? -The Government isn't out to get us. As an alternative to the link you posted and the view of the editor/author being taken on face value - you could instead go to the UK Government website and read in detail exactly what's what, and after reading it form an opinion.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/counter-extremism-bill-national-security-council-meeting

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/6/contents/enacted/data.htm

As the dynamics of terrorism changes so does our response and that means Government creating and amending Laws. the whole point is having the legislation on the books in the first place, - its no point waiting till after the event and then having some human rights lawyer getting their client off on a technicality or loop-hole.

• Like 2

tumblr_lq6ukz6PTh1qkkg54o1_500.jpg

~ When I grow up I'm gonna be Darth Vader ~

~

• Like 1

Are you not over reacting? -The Government isn't out to get us. As an alternative to the link you posted and the view of the editor/author being taken on face value - you could instead go to the UK Government website and read in detail exactly what's what, and after reading it form an opinion.

https://www.gov.uk/g...council-meeting

http://www.legislati...nacted/data.htm

As the dynamics of terrorism changes so does our response and that means Government creating and amending Laws. the whole point is having the legislation on the books in the first place, - its no point waiting till after the event and then having some human rights lawyer getting their client off on a technicality or loop-hole.

Over reaction? I don't think so. Terrorism is illegal. What they are trying to do is make something illegal, that right now is totally legal. Listen to what he said. It is no longer enough to simply stay within the confines of law. They want to make expressing view points counter to what government feels is "British values" as a arrest able offense. This is straight outta Hitler's playbook.

Did you listen to the interview I posted?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02r8z20

• Like 2

I dont see anything wrong, the queen wont reject it and I dony hear anyone protesting

This, at least in part, is about targeting people who would lawfully remove those in power by exposing them for what they are. With public opinion slowly but steadily moving towards freedom minded officials, this is a act of desperation to hold on to power, by making expressing any idea they consider "extremist" illegal.

I dont see anything wrong, the queen wont reject it and I dony hear anyone protesting

Of course people aren't protesting, it's illegal to protest under the new laws because you're expressing ideas the government doesn't like!

• Like 3

Cameron and the Queen (sold us out to the Pope) are both traitor's to the English people. It makes me ill to know they are not only alive, but also in a position of power.

A real english person would support the Queen. Not protest about human rights

Over reaction? I don't think so. Terrorism is illegal. What they are trying to do is make something illegal, that right now is totally legal. Listen to what he said. It is no longer enough to simply stay within the confines of law. They want to make expressing view points counter to what government feels is "British values" as a arrest able offense. This is straight outta Hitler's playbook.

Did you listen to the interview I posted?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p02r8z20

I read it and listened to the BBC radio interview with the home sec. That's how i know its a load of rubbish and your over reacting, not just a little but alot You seemed to have formed your opinion on what the author of the piece has told you to think from the link you posted, in your first post. - Did you read the two links i posted? which details exactly what's set out. If you have read them, you'd see your accusation of the government going "full nazi" and "pulling it from the pages of Hitlers playbook" is so far off the mark it makes me wonder if you understand what your talking about and the what the governments policy is.

The author in your link as misconstrued the governments policy and decided to write a piece which is read by people like yourself, which unfortunately is then repeated resulting in fears circulating that the policy will be somehow twisted to restrict freedom of speech and be used against anybody with any opinion that could be considered politically incorrect or anti-government. If anyone believes the Governments policy could be used in such a way, - They simply don't understand the British judicial system.

So the government wants through this bill: -

-Banning orders for extremist organisations who use hate speech in public places.

-New Extremism Disruption Orders to restrict people who seek to radicalise young people.

-Powers to close premises where extremists seek to influence others.

-Strengthening the powers of the Charity Commission to root out charities who misappropriate funds towards extremism and terrorism.

-Further immigration restrictions on extremists.

-Strengthened role for Ofcom to take action against channels which broadcast extremist content.

Detailed in my previous post via links.

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 2

Ok now define "extremism" according to what the government believes it to be.

• Like 4

it is only a matter of time until laws made, supposedly for extremists, and terrorists will be applied to "questionable" citizens. and used broadly. we already see it happen in usa, Sarbanes-Oxley Act,

• Like 3

Preacherman I watched that video of Theresa May and she doesn't come across well, and she completely ignores the questions. It seems that British subjects are already enslaved by accepting what their masters want them.

• Like 3

Cameron and the Queen (sold us out to the Pope) are both traitor's to the English people. It makes me ill to know they are not only alive, but also in a position of power.

What the hell has the pope got to do with this?

• Like 3

Ok now define "extremism" according to what the government believes it to be.

This is where your making the mistake, Its not what the British government believes it to be Its the British judicial system which interprets and applies the law. The definition of "Extremism" in its simplistic complexity, which is being used as a tool to trip up the Home Sec in the interview and wrongly interpreted by yourself and others is laid out in detail in the legislation.

The facts are the British judicial system is robust and proven and puts an end to the conspiracy your trying to peddle. The Police, Security service or Government still have to approach the courts to attain any banning order. Its the courts which grant or over turn it, not the Government. a panel of judges of the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom. If the legislation is wrongly applied by the government the courts will overturn the order, If you still think this approach can not be entrusted we might as well give up now and all go home.

preacherman sleep easy in your bed. their not out to get you or anyone else who's law abiding.

This is where your making the mistake, Its not what the British government believes it to be Its the British judicial system which interprets and applies the law. The definition of "Extremism" in its simplistic complexity, which is being used as a tool to trip up the Home Sec in the interview and wrongly interpreted by yourself and others is laid out in detail in the legislation.

The facts are the British judicial system is robust and proven and puts an end to the conspiracy your trying to peddle. The Police, Security service or Government still have to approach the courts to attain any banning order. Its the courts which grant or over turn it, not the Government. a panel of judges of the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom. If the legislation is wrongly applied by the government the courts will overturn the order, If you still think this approach can not be entrusted we might as well give up now and all go home.

preacherman sleep easy in your bed. their not out to get you or anyone else who's law abiding.

The why did he directly say they are?

“For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens ‘as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone.'”

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 2

The why did he directly say they are?

“For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens ‘as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone.'”

in order to understand it you have to view it in the context in which it was said; I've added that, including your quote (bold)

Plans for a new Counter-Extremism Bill will be top of the agenda today at the first meeting of the new National Security Council (NSC), chaired by the Prime Minister in Downing Street.

The Prime Minister will say to the NSC:

Putting British values at the heart of the new government’s approach to tackling extremism, the PM will set out his intention to prioritise new legislation to make it much harder for people to promote dangerous extremist views in our communities. The legislative measures are part of a wider package, announced by the Home Secretary in March, which will be the foundation of this government’s new partnership approach – bringing communities together to defeat extremism and create a better, more secure future for the whole country.

For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens: as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone
. It’s often meant we have stood neutral between different values. And that’s helped foster a narrative of extremism and grievance. This government will conclusively turn the page on this failed approach. As the party of one nation, we will govern as one nation, and bring our country together. That means actively promoting certain values.

Freedom of speech. Freedom of worship. Democracy. The rule of law. Equal rights regardless of race, gender or sexuality.

We must say to our citizens: this is what defines us as a society. To belong here is to believe in these things. And it means confronting head-on the poisonous Islamist extremist ideology. Whether they are violent in their means or not, we must make it impossible for the extremists to succeed.

Home Secretary Theresa May will say:

The twisted narrative of extremism cannot be ignored or wished away. This government will challenge those who seek to spread hatred and intolerance by forming a new partnership of every single person and organisation in this country who wants to defeat the extremists.

We will introduce legislation to combat groups and individuals who reject our values and promote messages of hate. We will empower institutions to stand up against the extremists and challenge bigotry and ignorance. And we will support those who are fighting back against extremism online. United by our values and the basic principles of our society we are determined to defeat extremism in all its forms.

Its about bloody time the government done something. But when they do they get attacked by bleeding heart liberals.

To prove a point, two videos. Both of protests one outside the Danish Embassy in London, first one is of a protest note the language used, the placards and extremism spouted. nothing in this video was breaking the law. so nothing was done.The second video is of similar protest, where the would-be murderer Michael Adebolajo is in the crowd and would later go on to kill Lee Rigby (the soldier who go his head cut off on the streets of London)

Its this to which the government is saying “For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens ‘as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone.' - well we left these protesters alone because they wasn't breaking the law, and one of them went on to behead the Lee Rigby.

Edited by stevewinn