Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA debunks September doomsday claims

UM-Bot

uhhhhmmmm oh oh never a straight answer??? no thats not it... never landed on the moon... nope no thats not it either OH aliens on mars that nasa communicates with!!... no thats just stupid oh oh OHHH nasa owns space and has a lock down on ufo reports ahhh geez that's just really dumb actually... hmmmmm ya know i just have no idea anymore.

we did land on the moon. Even tge Japanese took inages of the landing site.

Mars is uninhabited.

NASA doesn't own space. Seceral countries happen to have their own space agencies.

• Like 1

we did land on the moon. Even tge Japanese took inages of the landing site.

Mars is uninhabited.

NASA doesn't own space. Seceral countries happen to have their own space agencies.

..yes i know.

things are rarely 100% when you are dealing with a vast universe

Theres a percentage given on how likely the sun will rise tomorrow

Theres a percentage given on how likely the sun will rise tomorrow

really!? i thought it was 37

• Like 1

Frankly wat happens when an asteroid really hits earth?

Even though another Doomsday whatever, NASA themselves seems, by not ruling it 100% out - stating the probability is small - cover themselves should such event transpire.

If an event like this ever happens, I'm pretty sure no one is going to care whether NASA (or anyone else for that matter) predicted it, didn't predict it, or semi-agreed with a group of lunatics to "cover their ass". What you wrote makes me giggle.

Would you care to tell us what that is supposed to mean ?

It means,

Laugh out loud National Aeronautics and Space Administration...

It means,

Laugh out loud National Aeronautics and Space Administration...

sooo absolutely nothing of any importance or insight at all then. noted.

Depends on where it hits. Could be really bad or super bad.

or so bad we dont even have a chance to question how bad it was :)

• Like 1

sooo absolutely nothing of any importance or insight at all then. noted.

I'd like to know things about Ceres even though there isn't anything being posted about it, since the probe has been in orbit around it since mid March and then they fob us off with an animated video of the surface of Ceres without explaining properly what those bright reflective spots where..

http://www.cbsnews.c...f-planet-ceres/

This is all we are allowed to see. http://i2.wp.com/www...ge-May-11.jpg.. and ... then nothing from NASA on Ceres for quite a while now.

I've noticed most things that NASA have produced have been doctored.

So as far as I'm concerned, NASA hasn't given me good enough evidence to believe anything they do is real.

Edited by Teh Beast

The explanation for tge light spots on Ceres is: we don't know what they are yet.

Not surprising because they have just been noticed. As the probe sends more data we will get an idea of what they are and how tgey were formed.

All NASa, ESA, JAXA, and so on photos are compiled from a series of images that are spliced together.

Many also include spit if missibg data or damage to the image from radiation as they are captured or as they are sent back.

And lots of their data is confirmed theough other space agencies, NASA is not the only one, especially now that private ibdustry has gotten involved.

All images, especially the raw data, is rekeased roughly a month after or immediately depending on who has been promised access to the data first.

And a quick Google search pulked up a catalogue of phitis from the mission to Ceres.

Stuart Robbins, an astronomer who works on Mars research has an excellent podcast where he explains how photography and development of pictures works.

• Like 1

So as far as I'm concerned, NASA hasn't given me good enough evidence to believe anything they do is real.

this is exactly how i feel about people with this belief now...

5482e8f21df50_-_i-dont-caaaaaare.gif

I'm convinced I'm invincible... you guys know how many times I've survived the end of the world?

• Like 1

I'm convinced I'm invincible... you guys know how many times I've survived the end of the world?

The reason why the Earth keeps surviving all those doomsday predictions is because we have a protector.

Versions_of_the_Doctor.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

It's Asteroid Day 2015, and experts and space agencies around the world want to raise awareness of potentially hazardous objects. NASA has a Near-Earth Object (NEO) Program which tracks asteroids and comets using its Sentry collision monitoring system. With all the chatter about "doomsday" asteroids that could end life as we know it, what are the real odds of such an event?

The easy answer is slim-to-none. There were reports floating around that an asteroid that would hit Earth in September, but said asteroid doesn't exist and NASA has repeatedly debunked those claims. NASA and the European Space Agency have NEO tracking programs that are capable of detecting any threat. Additionally, NASA launched its Grand Asteroid Challenge to discover any possible threats, and there are even private organizations, such as the B612 Foundation, that are hunting these objects. End of quote.

Now let's get back to work. Be your own Boss today visit:

http://www.solavei.com/jeanmichelo

• Like 1

Looks like I'll have to be the calm astronomer to come around and explain why NASA is right, how I know, and that people need to SHUT THE HELL UP!

How'd I find this? Well, it was an average Monday morning and the kids just left from school. I was looking through my email to see if NASA needed me for training, and, yes, I found this thread:

, URGENT! DOOMSDAY ASTEROID TO HIT SEPTEMBER 24, 2015!! YOU CANT HIDE ANYMORE! NASA HAS CONFIRMED IT!!"

Reluctantly, I opened the email. What did I find? I fake article in which Nasa confirmed it. "We are on high alert for this coming impact. It's going to hit, and there's nothing we can do about it. This is the end of our race."

As always, I browse Youtube to, not suprised, find many videos on this topic already. I find that this has been a topic since Feburary. I closed my laptop, and decided to walk my dog.

The next day I got an email from NASA saying that we had a meeting today. I went in in my outfit, and asked the question, "I've been hearing rumors on the internet that says a september doomsday asteroid had been confirmed by us, and that it would hit this year on the 24th. Is this true?" I knew the answer to this. The head replied, "We got a few questions about this. No, it's not true, and the only time something this catastrophic where to happen, would be in the next several hundred years. We've got nothing to worry about,"

As a NASA official I had to answer to emails from young teens and children saying they'd hit depression, and suicide was in their mind. I had to reply, with tears in my eyes that 10 year olds, 7 year olds were thinking of this. That's how far it's gone. I saw it in the press I picked up outside that it was coming. It was upsetting.

People, stop spreading rumors like this..it's not going to happen.