Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Things that make you go grrrr ( Part 2 )

Auntyseptic

Dear GRR! Thread,

I am so grateful to you for being here for me every day ..... allowing me to rant and rave and vent and pour out my heart to you. Without you, I would have been taken away by men in white coats long ago! :cry: 

Take this morning for instance(pleeease take this morning. Take it far, far away so that I can erase it from my mind and pretend it never happened). The postie arrived with a little parcel for me, replacement earrings for ones I had ordered(£35s worth), which had arrived with large, black marker pen marks on the back. I eagerly opened the parcel to discover ........ firstly that they were the wrong colour, and secondly, that they too had large black crosses on the back!!!!!! What is the matter with people?! This is bad enough, but add it to the fact that the previous order I placed with them(PIA. Avoid them!), they sent me totally the wrong item. GRRRRRRRR!!!!

Thank you for being so understanding.

Yours,

Weej x                                                                       

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Let's have the Royal Mail story, while you're on a roll.

(Please spice it up a bit if the truth is too boring)

4 minutes ago, acute said:

If you insist, but it will be later on as I have to go now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Dear GRR! Thread,

I am so grateful to you for being here for me every day ..... allowing me to rant and rave and vent and pour out my heart to you. Without you, I would have been taken away by men in white coats long ago! :cry: 

Take this morning for instance(pleeease take this morning. Take it far, far away so that I can erase it from my mind and pretend it never happened). The postie arrived with a little parcel for me, replacement earrings for ones I had ordered(£35s worth), which had arrived with large, black marker pen marks on the back. I eagerly opened the parcel to discover ........ firstly that they were the wrong colour, and secondly, that they too had large black crosses on the back!!!!!! What is the matter with people?! This is bad enough, but add it to the fact that the previous order I placed with them(PIA. Avoid them!), they sent me totally the wrong item. GRRRRRRRR!!!!

Thank you for being so understanding.

Yours,

Weej x                                                                                    

Sympathies, Ouijaouija. That kind of incompetence is infuriating.

• Thanks 1

People who shout in capitals. 

• Thanks 1

There seems to be a current trend of so-called "posh totty" pundits on political programmes and news channels. It definitely deserves a Grrr!

I can't take a teenager seriously when she's talking about (eg) John Major's EU struggles if she wasn't even born in the 20th century.

• Like 1

Those ITV 9pm dramas.  Isn't it about the that they put something on which is more light hearted and/or amusing

• Thanks 1

Anyone who uses the phrase 'retail therapy'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/14/2019 at 1:20 PM, acute said:

See, I didn't forget :D. Absolutely no need to 'spice it up'. At times I did laugh with the absurdity of it all(but mostly I was crying tears of frustration). You might want to make yourself a plate of sammiches and gather a crate of Scrumpy Jack to the side of your comfiest chair. Off we go then:

The first grrr! is directed at the person who started the whole sorry saga off: the ebay seller who 'misdescribed' the elephant-shaped tea cosy I bought from her as 'suitable for all sizes of tea pot'. Worra larf! NOT. It had to be wrestled onto my tiny tea pot; the lid came off and much tea was spilled in the process. I had bought the cosy for someone who I knew had a biggish tea pot so it was obviously no use. I contacted the seller and asked for a refund. Oh, at this point I might as well mention that when the cosy arrived, it was so badly packaged that nearly all its wrapping had torn off, there was really just the address label taped on. :hmm: The seller was reluctant to have me return the cosy and words ensued. First, she said 'take the padded lining out', which I did. Let me describe the cosy to you: it's about a foot high although the opening at the bottom is narrow. As I've mentioned, it's in the shape of an elephant and the trunk runs for the height of the cosy and is very firmly stuffed. So, when the padded lining is removed and I put the cosy on my tea pot ....... the cosy simply toppled over and off the pot because of the weight of the trunk! :lol: It was agreed I could return the cosy and get a refund.

At that time my printer wasn't working so I was unable to print off a free returns label from ebay. I used the sender's address that was on the package when it arrived and posted it off to Edinburgh. A week later and I had not received my refund so I contacted the seller who said she hadn't received the parcel. She tracked the parcel and discovered that Royal Mail had had two goes at delivering, with no success. Then she asked me 'why did you send the parcel to Edinburgh?' !!!! WHAT?! Apparently, between posting the package to me and me returning it she had moved further north to Inverness!!!! Unbelievable. Inverness is almost as far away from where I live as it is possible to get without falling off the edge of Britain. I take a deep breath and phone Royal Mail, explain the situation and ask them to forward the parcel to the new address. * sharp intake of breath from their end * 'Oh no, we can't do that! We have to hold the package for 18 DAYS and then return to sender'. Nobody is being charged for the parcel to be returned so I beg them to please, send it 156 miles north rather than 534 miles south where I would immediately send it on a 690 mile return journey. But no, he would not budge beyond returning it to me after 18 days.

The cosy was eventually returned, and as my printer was now working I printed a free (correct address!) label off ebay and sent it off again(most travelled tea cosy in the world?!). Of course I kept an eye on the Royal Mail tracking service and this told me that the parcel took three days to reach the Truro depot ..... Truro is less than an hour's drive from here! :hmm:  Eventually, it arrived in Inverness and was to be 'delivered today'(Friday). By Tuesday the parcel had still not been delivered so I looked at 'tracking' again ............... to discover it was in Edinburgh!!! Wiping away my tears, I phoned Royal Mail again. I waited in a queue for 30mns before I spoke to anyone. The person I spoke to was absolutely useless and I'm not ashamed to say there was swearing on my part. I then looked online for the number for the depot in Inverness and spoke to a lovely man with a wonderful Scottish accent who tried very hard to be helpful but in the end couldn't give me a reason why the parcel had left his depot without being successfully delivered. :cry: I looked at 'tracking' again and discovered that the package was already at my nearest depot! At that point I gave up for the day.

Next day, a fresh-faced young postie who looked about 13, attempted to deliver the parcel to me but I refused to accept it. I gave him the gist of what had gone on and he said he would ask his supervisor what should be done. Next day he brought the parcel back and said Inverness Royal Mail had attempted to deliver but no one was in. I took the parcel simply because I was just worn out by that point. Obviously there had been no attempt to deliver but I was now past caring(as I'm sure you are! :lol:). 

So there we are. I still have the useless cosy, but I also have a refund. * sighs *

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Inane jabber 

58 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Inane jabber 

* raises an eyebrow * I hope you are not referring to my intriguing, nay, gripping post # 4659? :angry:

• Haha 3

[N.B. the above does not refer to any preceding posts that may be above it. I was referring primarily to local radio Dee Jays. And the interminable ads that intersperse their jabberings. ] :yes: 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

* raises an eyebrow * I hope you are not referring to my intriguing, nay, gripping post # 4659? :angry:

I love these insights we get into your world. I imagine you in your cottage clinging to the hillside in a picturesque cove, with fishing boats bobbing on the water below (or depending on the weather, being dashed on the rocks in the cove below :hmm: ), while you knit costumes for your family of gnomes and arrange your collection of tea pots, each with their own custom made tea cozy. :yes: 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

I love these insights we get into your world. I imagine you in your cottage clinging to the hillside in a picturesque cove, with fishing boats bobbing on the water below (or depending on the weather, being dashed on the rocks in the cove below :hmm: ), while you knit costumes for your family of gnomes and arrange your collection of tea pots, each with their own custom made tea cozy. :yes: 

AHA!! So it was you peeping over the hedge, and then later, through a window!

• Confused 1

@ouija ouija

Thank you for that story. It had everything! Mystery, suspense, elephants, tea-cozy-related fraud, incompetence, confusion, child labour, even Loch Ness! (ish)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Excess wind. :angry: 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Excess wind. :angry: 

SHOCKER !  sconfused_100-150.gif?w=25&h=25&zoom=2

Sometimes however its just funny ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE A GROUP OF KIDS. (((  over at Grandma's house)

My grrr, completely totally rip roaring torn up drunks, even worse, ON A PLANE passengers completely ripped.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Haha 1

The fact that people have the world's information at their fingertips on the internet...and managed to actually get dumber.

• Like 1

Well unless your trying to get some type of help, then amazingly all kinds of things A LONG LIST (they say) of minor disqualifications or why you don't get that programme or good rate of medical on the tele et cetera.  Lovely world.

On the third or fifth person they forwarded you off to

" No, again mam/mum across the pond)/ma'am what is you're phone number?""", [  maybe the one that's on your screen and what I called with a minute ago eh!??!?! you think that might be possible? hmmmmm?]

WHAT'S REALLY BAD IS ITS JUST DOWN THE STREET, its not like they don't know who the loud mouth is.[me:D]

NOPE one has to go through all the questions and AGAIN state your inquiry at least 6 times to 3 different people, if you're lucky HA! yes technology is *!#(*$&)(* unbelievable.

Edited by MWoo7

The way the world is right now and how people behave towards each other and The way my life is i think i've lost my rudder something broken thats for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

When still nothing comes out, no matter how hard you squeeze :( 

• Haha 1

Just now, Vlad the Mighty said:

When still nothing comes out, no matter how hard you squeeze :( 

and even if you turn it upside down and bang the bottom :angry: 

• Haha 3

FRUSTRATING well at least you weren't cooking oatmeal today and happened to notice something moved in the box then... I carefully kind of peek into the pot

I almost jumped out the window.

My grr and isn't this the best thread EVER ! ?  lmaosmiley.gif

Minor grr : Why are slackers so lazy and never fix the annoying constant forum topic displaying in the reverse order WHEN CLICKED!   Everyone new is like oh no I don't want the OLDEST POST , thinking are these jerkyboys today braindead or what! No just lazy obviously because no matter how many times the loud mouth of the world complains about it it never gets fixed. 

Major grrrr : 
  .... trying to use search engine but it tossed a captcha at me so I quickly type in the letters/word et cetera.

" Passed captcha, congratulations. Passing the captcha increases your odds of getting unbanned."

Oh, can't use search engines if they can't tell if I'm in the bathroom or where I've been lately. )(#@)(*data <snips>resssss!

I mean grrr.  Now- as a reminder, that bookmark in my safety browser says: Dogpile ban, if system fortress secure can't use.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

Sites that when a person wants to comment, they LOGIN,

or simply edit 

typo you know , nope because you login or click to edit BAM! off landing someplace different ! you know

it takes you to AFRICA ... might as well be MARS!  

why can't <snip> fix their <snip>  

!  <snip> ing SLA<SNIP>SSSSSS  stick one of the interns on it.   ALL THE FORUMS OF SITES DO THAT! oh and click on the link at it goes to the exact OPPOSITE of the list not the latest posting, IF most people have a bad connection then they can not use the site. You'd think.... eeee grrrr oh enough I don't want to be banned for eternity.  Its not only this one but a lot of forums are just never fixed then a good percentage because of net lag can't even or WON'T! even attempt using it after a couple tries.  !!!!*echo echo* you and a few on the net scream and holler at the geeks for years and years and does it ever get fixed?  Not even attempted.  Laterzzzz enough blowing wind around.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My mouse keeps falling off the table :( 

• Sad 1