Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Things that make you go grrrr ( Part 2 )

Auntyseptic

When Mr Fish leaves the loo seat up in the UM washroom...grrrrr

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Grrr at news items on healthy eating. They always show the most gorgeous-looking burger and fries as an example of what not to eat.

• Like 1

eehehehee thanks for the like! and I have to fly grrrrrr

maxresdefault.jpg

th?id=OIP.p4SA03HkSBvjeesdnuDGhQHaEK%26p

Edited by MWoo7

Oh its me 

again

I was just noticing the other day , had some me time and anyway there are tons of news sites and nice somewhat science articles here and there HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!  this is kind of close to something I was going to post at a couple sites :
" Hey hey I would click a LIKE!!!! and maybe even add a comment but FACEBOOK wanted my soul and Google just needed to know if I was in the bathroom or on vacation.        Again! "

Am I the only one that avoids that tripe, if not -- and there are other's like me, well, then 90 percent of the communication in the net THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN is just gone now, thanks facehook/facebucks!   There is no talking about a news piece or anything anymore without oohP! give us your instagram or google account tie in for our dossier on you ...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Grrr at people who can't work out when they are in the shade! They look at the sun instead of their shadow.

I feel that or .. ah ? maybe its HE WAS LIKE! oh feel me or ya feel me.  Interesting sayings or wordings used all the time or too much grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Latest grrrr: Some of my recently purchased books have the wrong or misspelled words like brake instead of break, like for example " oh yes do, lets BRAKE for lunch."' Might be proof reading but not by
first language English writing aides/students.
Why are there still improper usages, or none at all (to be safe I guess) of the apostrophe in all forms of media?, for one example: Veterans Day which I thought was Veterans' Day, oh well.
After obtaining their writing degrees and journalism awards, one would assume that grammar would attach itself to their repertoire of communication skills. Hopefully they got it right on their protesting posters.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Thanks 1

Grrrr 22b

Google knows nothing, I tell it about religion and certain books and the titles are the opposite, just useless drivel.

… I inquire with these key sets: DAO tao to pacify vedas for peace calm appeasing calming hordes
See what it won’t tell you (and this is just one example) is once upon a time on one side of a wall there was a filthy rich family and it dawned on them how to save their hide. Hey I didn't make this up.

Okay holding hands and spelling it out [ to calm the masses to keep the natives calm,
otherwise their filthy rich riches in life and style would come to an abrupt quick and ugly end.]  Bhagavad Gita is just one example.
In fact its kind of surprising some of them spelled it out so clearly.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Buying Easter eggs before the big day.  Wait until the day after, you morons.  They'll be knocked down in price!...grrr

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

******** equity release ads. It's the new ---------- PPI. You can't move on newspaper websites for 'em. :angry: 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 15/04/2019 at 9:27 PM, MWoo7 said:

Latest grrrr: Some of my recently purchased books have the wrong or misspelled words like brake instead of break, like for example " oh yes do, lets BRAKE for lunch."' Might be proof reading but not by
first language English writing aides/students.
Why are there still improper usages, or none at all (to be safe I guess) of the apostrophe in all forms of media?, for one example: Veterans Day which I thought was Veterans' Day, oh well.
After obtaining their writing degrees and journalism awards, one would assume that grammar would attach itself to their repertoire of communication skills. Hopefully they got it right on their protesting posters.

That's spell checkers there. They run it past the spellchecker, but it doesn't pick up on words that are rightly spelled but not the right one for the situation. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

equity release ads.

As Punt & Dennis called it many years ago:  'Prey On Pensioners Direct'.

• Haha 1

I will also have a quick Grrr at spellcheckers!

I used to have 100% confidence in my spelling, but now I often doubt myself because of the spellchecker changing it to something similar.

:angry:

• Confused 1

I totally ignore spellchecker because it is American. For gawd's sake! it underlines in red if I type realise or programme or colour!!!!!!

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Morrisons tinned baked beans & sausages.  Those tiny bangers inside that tin taste like a herb overdose that's been out in the sun too long.  A big yucky grrr.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

I totally ignore spellchecker because it is American. For gawd's sake! it underlines in red if I type realise or programme or colour!!!!!!

And Google's spellcheeker doesn't recognise* any place names that aren't Merican. There was one once that didn't even recognise* Moscow, and suggested Moocow :unsure: 

* hah!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

UM's spellchecker is definitely British. It tries to correct my occasional (preferred) US spellings.

5 minutes ago, acute said:

UM's spellchecker is definitely British. It tries to correct my occasional (preferred) US spellings.

it must be the browser. Somewhat curiously mine flags up flavour, but not colour. Go, as the Americans say, figure. :hmm: 

Edited by Vlad the Mighty
  • Haha 2

favourite? Yes, that as well 

Simon Cowells new face...grrr.  he looks like he's had CGI done around his eyes which results in a sickly sweet, creepy, half done face job.

• Haha 2

People who say "Like if you agree". T*ts. 

• Haha 1

Bob Dylan.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, toast said:

Bob Dylan.

What is it about him that makes you GRR!?