Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Things that make you go grrrr ( Part 2 )

Auntyseptic

grrr... people whose opinions are a mile wide and an inch deep... if a centimeter...

Grrr at people who (IMHO) don't pronounce "trolling" correctly.

It's... rolling, trolling,

not... lolling, trolling.

:angry:

2 hours ago, acute said:

Surely 'rolling, trolling' is faux posh? You've got ideas above your station, laddy! :P

• Haha 2

The ones that really annoy me rhyme 'troll' with 'pole', but rhyme 'trolling' with 'lolling'.

Let's have some consistency here!

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, acute said:

So "troll" is pronounced as in "roll" or "poll"? I really don't think so. Do you have a respected authority to back you up? One thing that does annoy me about the word "trolling" is that people often confuse it with "trawling", and they say things like "the Democratic party are trolling for votes", when, unless they do mean that they're making nuisances of themselves on Social media (which they often do, to be fair), they probably mean "Trawling" for votes. 

Edited by Vlad the Mighty
  • Haha 3

Anyway, what was I going to say? I can't remember now. I'll come back if I do remember. :mellow:

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

So "troll" is pronounced as in "roll" or "poll"? I really don't think so. Do you have a respected authority to back you up? One thing that does annoy me about the word "trolling" is that people often confuse it with "trawling", and they say things like "the Democratic party are trolling for votes", when, unless they do mean that they're making nuisances of themselves on Social media (which they often do, to be fair), they probably mean "Trawling" for votes. 

Of course, they might also be thinking of the homosexual slang Polari, where one might go trolling the dilly for some bona omis, something which, even if the Democratic party might not do very much, undoubtedly is a popular activity among backbench Tory MPs. :yes: 

• Thanks 1

im suffering from false bulimia i eat like hell but i dont throw up.

• Haha 1

Impedancer  quote:::::: " suffering from false bulimia i eat like hell but i dont throw up " Part of the family and/or friends that eat anything or whatever maybe even cake and STILL! even years later look like a Spartan NO FAIR ! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

they say things like "the Democratic party are trolling for votes", when, unless they do mean that they're making nuisances of themselves on Social media (which they often do, to be fair), they probably mean "Trawling" for votes. 

Not to try to show off or anything, but in that sense (the fishing analogy) they both work (or, at least , the DNC sure as heck hopes so) since "trolling" describes dragging a lure (or several, as in a "gang troll",  which, funnily enough, describes the NYT or WaPo comments section) around  a body of water, behind a boat, in the hopes of hooking a gamefish (or two), and "trawling" which has roughly the same goal but with a big dragnet...  hence "trollers" & "trawlers".....  either way, if the legitimate leader of the country exposes the massive, ongoing Dem  "Russian Collusion/Obstruction" FRAUD, by declassifying the FISA warrants used to illegally spy on an Am. citizen (&  pres. candidate AND sitting president), by FBI muckymucks, AND proceeding to investigate Clinton's private server and her destruction of evidence AND the 49,000 classified emails found only last week to have been in the possession of the former (Dem) pres. (who claimed he didn't know anything about them), then they (the Dems) will be lucky to receive, rather than a win in 2020, the odd sardine dinner in Guantanamo Bay! ... what was i talking about again? right... fly fishing...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 28.4.2019 at 10:14 PM, ouija ouija said:

What is it about him that makes you GRR!?

The voice and the music.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, toast said:

The voice and the music.

You don't even like this? A little bit?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, toast said:

The voice and the music.

ah did you ever consider that the artist (who has sold over 100 Million records, won a Nobel Prize for Literature, and is considered by many to be the greatest songwriter like ever) deliberately intended both (the voice and the music) to be rather secondary to the feelings and emotions conveyed by his words, and that when you critique the man's work strictly on those two elements you've missed the entire point?

"How does it feel?" 

btw I'm sure I've read that Dylan was aware from the start that his voice didn't quite make the grade, but chose to simply be himself! and belt it out anyway! and isn't there something in that you can appreciate?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, purrrpetrator said:

ah did you ever consider that the artist (who has sold over 100 Million records, won a Nobel Prize for Literature, and is considered by many to be the greatest songwriter like ever) deliberately intended both (the voice and the music) to be rather secondary to the feelings and emotions conveyed by his words, and that when you critique the man's work strictly on those two elements you've missed the entire point?

Thanks, known already because  I`m also well educated in trivial things. I dont care about his 100M records and the Nobel prize because this guy simply just drive me nuts. He is on my top 5 list for my fastest radio/TV turn offs (1 to 5: D. Trump, J. Bieber, T. Turner, B. Spears, B. Dylan)

• Like 1

Those bike riders doing the tour de Yorkshire.  Isn't it about time that they all have a Aldi carrier bag attached to their handle bars?  Because then they could fill that with empty bottle and goodybar rappers instead of littering our green and please try land.  Grrr!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

While we're on two wheels, GRrrr at lane-splitting motor bikers/bikettes who are obviously too freakin' superior to have their pocket-rocket's momentum interrupted by the reality of lesser beings... now legal in California! (as is equally unbelievable 2020 pres. hopeful K. Harris (D), who apparently lane-split her way to the top!)

Profanity/Supreme Arrogance warning!

Edited by purrrpetrator
  • Like 1

That Belgian super slueth known in middle/upper class circles as Hurcule Poirot often leaves me gritting my teeth.

You see, there he is walking around like a penguin whilst exposing some rotten apple or bad egg who has brutally murdered a lady Percival Rothschild, etc.

Now you never see him practicing what he preaches with the lower classes.  He'd never dare step into some backwater slum to solve the disappearance of some farmers haystack.  And he would definitely turn up his nose to the horrendous murders of several ladies of the night, not far from a cotton mill.  Grrrrrr

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

grrrr ppl who take fiction to be representative of fact... 

• "Ah, but life is like that!"

Hercule Poirot

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Grrr at bagels!

What the firkin hell is the point of any sandwich with a hole in the middle?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Grrr at upper-class twits who adopt the árse-lickingly-correct affectation of saying:  "If and when the Queen dies....."

Spoiler alert:  SHE IS GOING TO DIE!  whether you receive your title in the Honours List or not!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Grrr at East Anglia.  It's totally flat!

How are you supposed to admire the view, cycle no-handed downhill, or throw a dead body into a ravine? :blink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, acute said:

How are you supposed to admire the view, cycle no-handed downhill, or throw a dead body into a ravine:blink:

Is there something you'd like to get off your chest? :unsure2:

• Haha 2

£1.50 it now costs for a bar of Bourneville dark chocolate.  Grr.  Or I can get five little Mars bars for only a £1.

But I want the Bourneville.  Grr.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Grrr at people who spell Bournville wrong. And... a bigger grrr at the Incredible Shrinking Chocolate Bars since Cadbury's was bought up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, ouija ouija said:
12 hours ago, acute said:

How are you supposed to admire the view, cycle no-handed downhill, or throw a dead body into a ravine:blink:

Is there something you'd like to get off your chest? :unsure2:

Sorry, I mis-spoke. :hmm:

• Haha 2