Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Things that make you go grrrr ( Part 2 )

Auntyseptic

The Met Office Weater Forecast. It's so vague and general as to be pretty much useless. Can you make any sense of this?> "Rather cloudy, mainly dry with some bright spells through the weekend, windy with rain in the west on Saturday. Strong winds and heavy rain followed by blustery showers on Monday." 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

The Met Office Weater Forecast. It's so vague and general as to be pretty much useless. Can you make any sense of this?> "Rather cloudy, mainly dry with some bright spells through the weekend, windy with rain in the west on Saturday. Strong winds and heavy rain followed by blustery showers on Monday." 

It means 'Poker Night'

~

• Like 2

Restaurants who charge you a weeks wages for an meager sized meal.  Talk about fleecing the romance trade, they're all modern day crooks! GRRR

• Like 3

Jawas. Untrustworthy. <_<

Edited by Vlad the Mighty
  • Like 1

Sawdust in my peanut butter. 

• Like 2

Fake thumbnails :angry: 

• Like 1

Movie remakes

• Like 3

JJ Abrams .... :whistle:  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acute said:

Grrr at the "bonnet" of a car. It sounds ridiculous!  What's wrong with "hood" FFS.

Because calling it 'hood' could easily lead to confusion with the collapsible roof of a convertible, couldn't it. 

• Like 1

Would you prefer, in your campaign to have American become the official language of the Uk, petrol to be renamed "gas" while we're at it? 

• Like 1

For the last three days I have been driven to the very edge of insanity by a beeping sound,at first I couldn't locate the source of it and I thought it was coming from somewhere in my house, then I realised it was my neighbours smoke alarm battery getting low. They appear to be on holiday. At first the "beep,beep, beep, beep. beep's" seemed to be once every 15 minutes or so but they now seem to have increased to once every 30 bloody seconds. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Cat_From_Hell said:

Seriously considering putting dog crap through my neighbours letterbox.

No, no! It would be much more appropriate to burn their house down!! :w00t:

On a serious note, it might be worth contacting the police or the fire brigade on their non-emergency number.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Would you prefer, in your campaign to have American become the official language of the Uk, petrol to be renamed "gas" while we're at it? 

So what do you call boots as in foot wear? Do you call them hoods?

And how can anyone confuse hood with roof? A roof and a hood are not the same. A hood covers something (like an engine or someone's head from rain) so it makes perfect sense. A roof is always on the top of homes, buildings, garages and yes cars. Now a bonnet? Come on now, just silly. Sounds like a clothing item.

And why the left side of the road? That's just daft. Only three countries drive on the left. Tops. Perhaps four but I'm fairly sure it's three.

As for gas it is derived from gasoline so it does make sense. We Americans just shortened it from gasoline to gas to get the point across faster. That's all. 

:huh:

Edited by Sooth Sayer

3 hours ago, Sooth Sayer said:

And how can anyone confuse hood with roof?

No, a hood is the folding roof as on a convertible. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

No, a hood is the folding roof as on a convertible. 

You called it a roof!  Ha! :w00t:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, acute said:

You called it a roof!  Ha! :w00t:

If I'd said "a hood is a folding hood" it would have sounded silly. 

1 minute ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

If I'd said "a hood is a folding hood" it would have sounded silly. 

Since when has anyone in 'Fun & Games' worried about sounding silly?! :rofl:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Since when has anyone in 'Fun & Games' worried about sounding silly?! :rofl:

Since when has anyone in ANY section of our forums worried about sounding silly!? :unsure2:

• Like 3