Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Things that make you go grrrr ( Part 2 )

Auntyseptic

TV adverts which scaremonger you with worries about gum disease and missing teeth.  In alot of such cases its the toothbrush itself which is at fault.  It may be a hard toothbrush that your using that in turn causes bleeding.  Or it can be a case of an old toothbrush that you need to replace.

• Like 3

I've just watched a 15-minute report about the problems caused by intensive Crypto-currency mining. Not once did they say what Crypto-currency mining is!  Like we all know.

Grrr at the BBC!

• Like 3

People who roam around in labeled jogging gear & trainers, but clearly never use it to do any exercise...GRRR

• Like 2

Grrr at online song lyrics!  The major websites 'borrow' each other's lyrics, so incorrect ones spread like wildfire and become gospel.

I first noticed this phenomenon many years ago on the Queen song 'Mad The Swine'.  Hollywood Records had obviously Googled the lyrics and printed them in the CD booklet.

Official lyric videos on YouTube (posted by the record companies!) are littered with errors too.

Edited by acute
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, acute said:

Grrr at online song lyrics!  The major websites 'borrow' each other's lyrics, so incorrect ones spread like wildfire and become gospel.

I first noticed this phenomenon many years ago on the Queen song 'Mad The Swine'.  Hollywood Records had obviously Googled the lyrics and printed them in the CD booklet.

Official lyric videos on YouTube (posted by the record companies!) are littered with errors.

Here is another commonly misheard Queen-lyric :D

Queen – We Will Rock You

xLvKOjW.jpg

Actual lyrics is: "Kicking your can all over the place."

PS: I'm a cat-lover, but I cant resist a LOL :lol:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Now that everyone can find the real lyrics online, we'll miss beauties like that. 

• Like 2

Judas H. ******* Priest on a bike :angry:

Grrrrrrrr!!!!

Prom dress prompts 'cultural appropriation' row

Would all the numbskulls on the planet please get a grip, and stop with all this 'cultural appropriation' crap!

Should we, for example, stop anyone of African decent from wearing tailored suits as it isn't traditional African garb?

Or should we perhaps, oh I don't know... let people wear whatever the **** they like without some halfwitted snowflake wailing on social media!?

I know...

But... grrrr... :no:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

When her indoors has decided we are going to watch a repeat of Lewis on the TV[yawn].  And then she spends most of that hour on her mobile chatting to Jenny about a new flipping cooker....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Welsh sign posts and their unpronounceable words. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQyIlKpg0ywi-xdCKSx89

Wales is well overdue another wise bloke like Merlin - who introduces a new and highly potent magick called vowels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 5/1/2018 at 3:41 AM, Mark One said:

Welsh sign posts and their unpronounceable words. 

Wales is well overdue another wise bloke like Merlin - who introduces a new and highly potent magick called vowels.

That’s the sign for the wee hamlet of Mark One dontcha know?

people who think that soccer isn’t real football. A game you play.... well you know, with your feet and kicking a ball around.

Edited by newbloodmoon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, newbloodmoon said:

That’s the sign for the wee hamlet of Mark One dontcha know?

Dunno how you came to that conclusion.  If you're referring to the location where the G & D resides (Weevleton) - its spelt with one capital and includes several vowels.  Sure, its very close Wales but we do like keep our boundaries up and defenses ready.

• Haha 3

The biggest GRRR!! ever at the bl**dy BBC for replacing 'Gardener's World' with snooker this week :angry:. A couple of weeks ago it was replaced by women's football!!

Image result for grrSTOP IT!! JUST STOP IT!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Grrr at the nob-end in the Crucible audience who has obviously placed a substantial bet on Barry Hawkins!

Every time Mark Williams is about to hit the cue ball, he coughs and makes him miss.

• Sad 1

On 01/05/2018 at 11:41 AM, Mark One said:

Y and W are vowels in Welsh!

There's lovely, isn't it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Grrr at British upper class twits who say "medson" and "systim" instead of medicine and system.

Edited by acute
  • Like 1

Grrr at 'juice drinks'. Basically, flavoured sugar-water! 

The manufacturers use every trick to sell them as healthy options, such as "High in Vitamin C".  Why is it high in Vitamin C? Because Vitamin C is an added ingredient.

• Like 1

Grrr at Music Search apps!

One of my favourite all-time favourite tunes of all time cannot be identified by Shazam, AudioTag, or SoundHound.

• Sad 1

A big grrr to that Cancer Research UK advert.  Sure, my heart does indeed go out to those two real life examples depicted in the advert but...when youve seen the same advert about 88 times it does start to grate on you and become annoying.

• Like 2

What makes me go grrrrrr is the fact that some people have absolutely no regard for basic parental thoughts. They just let their child run around outside with no supervision, NERF-darting anyone he pleases and racing his bike up and down the sidewalk heedless to other people. <_<

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Grrr at people who spell 'Laser' as 'Lazer'.

It stands for "light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation" not "ztimulated"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

People who judge a book or a person by their cover.

Darth flipping Maul back from the dead in that latest Star Wars money pit...GRRR  Whats next then - Snoke returns (& hopefully Luke)

• Like 1

"Roman Abramovich faces delays in renewing his UK visa."

Seriously? Is this news?

• Like 1