Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Things that make you go grrrr ( Part 2 )

Auntyseptic

There seems to be a rather strange thing going on in Hollywood, maybe part of the 'gender fluid' trend.

Studios often cast ambiguous-looking early teens in their movies, and give them names like Alex, Robin/Robyn, Chris, George, or some other unisex name.

Is guessing the gender of the character supposed to be part of the fun?  I just find it confusing!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, acute said:

There seems to be a rather strange thing going on in Hollywood

Is there anything going on in Hollywood that isn't strange?

Apparently, even Star Wars' Lando Calrissian can't escape the madness these days... :rolleyes:

'Lando is pansexual': LGBT characters that are all talk

After Sulu coming out of the closet in the last Star Trek movie, I'd fully expect Wolverine to have his hair braided into pigtails, donning a fetching pink onesie in any further escapades...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

well i'm mildly grring at straight people now, so there.

nah, you're all right.

maybe

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, seaturtlehorsesnake said:

well i'm mildly grring at straight people now, so there.

nah, you're all right.

maybe

A person's sexuality doesn't bother me in the slightest. Who we are attracted to doesn't come with an A or B checkbox.

Social engineering though, and especially retroactive social engineering... sorry, but grrrr

I was watching a quiz show the other day, and a middle-aged woman was saying how she liked watching football, so she could enjoy the young men running around in tight shorts.

Normal reaction; have a chuckle about it.

2018 reaction; think to myself "Could you imagine the uproar if a middle-aged man had said that about a young women's sports team?"

I hate the way social engineering is creeping into every aspect of daily life, and changing even laid back folk into paranoid neurotics :no:

• Like 4

Once again it's a traffic based Grrr...London today went to chelsea but when I think of it I guess i suppose I was part of other people's grrr's if that make sense

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Grrr at so-called 'Scottish Independence'.  The SNP wants to break away from the UK, but keep the monarchy, the BBC, free movement, the Pound, and probably the Crown Jewels!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Grrr at Brits devoid of imagination, who spend their Bank Holidays vacuuming the house, or walking around DFS.

Have a healthy yomp up a local hill, wade through a flash flood, go to the pub for 17 pints of Strongbow. Anything! Just enjoy yourself, FFS.

• Haha 2

Selfish Harry Hairpieces and Shopping Sallies who cough and sneeze their way around Great Britain.  Haven't they heard about the war on disease?  Start using a tissue, better still - stay indoors until the duration of your illness is over...grrrrrr

• Like 3

In response to Eldorado's status update:

You ever wish that the radio DJs, who can come as a double-act these days, would just shut up and play some music?  Grr.

I haven't listened to the radio for many years, but when I hear it at my sister's, I can't believe that they no longer tell you what the song is!  Why not?!?

Grrr!

1 hour ago, acute said:

I haven't listened to the radio for many years, but when I hear it at my sister's, I can't believe that they no longer tell you what the song is!  Why not?!?

If it's Radio 1, it's probably because the chart songs are so bland and unimaginative that they don't think you want to know :lol:

• Like 1

On 25/05/2018 at 1:16 PM, acute said:

Grrr at so-called 'Scottish Independence'.  The SNP wants to break away from the UK, but keep the monarchy, the BBC, free movement, the Pound, and probably the Crown Jewels!

They can gladly take the BBC along with the license fee, independent or not :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When its raining outdoors and you suddenly realize that your sons electric powered quad bike is outside!...GRRRR

• Sad 1

So James Martin got fed up with the BBC saturday morning cooking show.  So James Martin decided to join ITV and present the same show again...big yawn GRRRR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 25/05/2018 at 1:16 PM, acute said:

I'm sure Brussels would treat them with the benign concern for their economic welfare they've shown towards Greece, Spain, Italy ... :whistle: 

• Like 2

GRRR! at neighbours who tell you that your boundary hedge is an embarrassment!!!! I am apoplectic with rage!

Image result for rage emoji

• Sad 1

Lawks! Two GRRs in one day. Grr at workmen who take a three & a half hour lunch break!!!! I know it's Sunday but I didn't ask him to come today. He said he'd be away for an hour and a half.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Lawks! Two GRRs in one day. Grr at workmen who take a three & a half hour lunch break!!!! I know it's Sunday but I didn't ask him to come today. He said he'd be away for an hour and a half.  

You should have made them a good brew, with a few biscuits.  Work men look down on punters who fail to offer it.

• Like 1

Change in the route!,
10:46,
Reason: Technical failure on another train :angry: 

• Like 1

Grr because I don’t have any cookies! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Grrr at everyone (including the voice-over bloke on Come Dine With Me) who says "choreetzo".

• Confused 2

Grrr at ******* Microsoft!!!

Windows 10 is the biggest pile of crap ever invented!  And, don't start me on the Microsoft Edge browser. It makes me want to throw the laptop from the top floor!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Grrr at feminists! They demand the right to play their totally boring football matches, but they are happy to be first in the queue for the lifeboats.

Can you imagine a female Captain going down with her ship? I rest my case.

:whistle:

• Haha 2