Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Things that make you go grrrr ( Part 2 )

Auntyseptic

when the toaster breaks and i really wanted toast.... :(

That's almost as bad as when your kettle breaks when you really need a cup of tea!

• Like 5

I've had a morning of grrrr. Let's start by getting woke up at 8:30 in the morning, on a Saturday by one of the neighbors who just happens to rev his harley and then runs down the road about 5 times. Then I take one of my kids to her grandparents for her b-day thing. Started to take my youngest to her friends house and got lost because my gps is mental. Then my van dies. It was old anyway but dang. It was a rough morning for me. Grrrrr!!!!!

• Like 4

The guy who asked me for ID tonight at the shop, It wasn't the fact he asked me for ID, it was the way he went about it in front of a queue of other customers, First he barked the word "ID" at me, To which i replied "are you asking me for ID?" he then proceeded to try and guess my age whilst I got my ID out before exclaiming "no way"

the customers in the queue behind me were laughing and I just wanted to smash the bottle of wine I was buying over his stupid big doo doo head, hehe.

Seriously though it wasn't very tactful, I do suffer with anxiety and it was the last thing I needed.

Edited by Cat_From_Hell
  • Like 4

It's so stupid I can't even get in to It cause it's so stupid makes me go GRRR... I.m not a fan of stupid people..

• Like 3

The guy who asked me for ID tonight at the shop, It wasn't the fact he asked me for ID, it was the way he went about it in front of a queue of other customers, First he barked the word "ID" at me, To which i replied "are you asking me for ID?" he then proceeded to try and guess my age whilst I got my ID out before exclaiming "no way"

the customers in the queue behind me were laughing and I just wanted to smash the bottle of wine I was buying over his stupid big doo doo head, hehe.

Seriously though it wasn't very tactful, I do suffer with anxiety and it was the last thing I needed.

Surely that's a compliment.
  • Like 1

physical and emotional exhaustion.

also slugs in the garden, eating my cabbage.

• Like 4

actually where I work if you look under 40, I have to card you.....

• Like 3

I just think things are getting silly now, I've heard of pensioners being asked for ID fgs, How ridiculous, Probably quite flattering for said pensioner but still, Totally unnecessary.

• Like 2

actually where I work if you look under 40, I have to card you.....

that kind of a rule here too but most don't bother with the 40 thing if you look over 20 that's good enough unless you got a debbie downer behind the counter, and being closer to 30 now it's more of an annoyance these days being asked to prove my age, should just grow my beard out and keep it nobody ever questions my age when im a mountain man.

• Like 3

that kind of a rule here too but most don't bother with the 40 thing if you look over 20 that's good enough unless you got a debbie downer behind the counter, and being closer to 30 now it's more of an annoyance these days being asked to prove my age, should just grow my beard out and keep it nobody ever questions my age when im a mountain man.

Count your blessings young man.

I haven't been carded in 30 years. :cry:

• Like 2

If we get caught not carding and they are under 40 we get reprimanded, 2nd time we get wrote up. My boss REALLY don't want a fine for underage alcohol...

and if you have you friend/date whatever with you and they touch the alcohol I have to card them too. People get really upset when I have to refuse the sale because their 19 year old girlfriend put the beer on the counter........

Edited by OneWanderingSoul
  • Like 3

I understand the need to ask people for ID,I've worked in shops before and I didn't want a fine for selling booze to a minor, There are just ways to go about this kind of thing.

• Like 4

I just think things are getting silly now, I've heard of pensioners being asked for ID fgs, How ridiculous, Probably quite flattering for said pensioner but still, Totally unnecessary.

In Tennessee they have to card everyone. No, it isn't flattering to pensioners. It ceased to be a compliment when they made it a requirement. They find it stupid and annoying. If someone's own grandmother came in they would still have to card them every time they made a purchase.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

im just glad legal age here for drinks and smokes is 18... not that i smoke anymore but still lol

• Like 3

I understand the need to ask people for ID,I've worked in shops before and I didn't want a fine for selling booze to a minor, There are just ways to go about this kind of thing.

agreed

• Like 4

the us section... it's probably the angriest and most emotional area of the forum... i don't know how for the few that do try to discuss without getting too emotionally caught up in the subject are able to do so or have been able to put up with it for so long but theres a level of respect there towards the handful of you even if we dont agree on some issues. i have to dust my hands at times though and just not look or post at all and just try to like the singular posts from people who are not just angrily smashing their keyboard.

edit: while we can disagree fundamentally and morally on things once it gets to the point of calling other people monsters and things like that ehhhh doesn't do much for either side. especially on suuuper hot issues. wouldn't be such a bad idea for some threads to be moderated, but thats a whole other issue.

Edited by Iron_Lotus
  • Like 7

the us section... it's probably the angriest and most emotional area of the forum... i don't know how for the few that do try to discuss without getting too emotionally caught up in the subject are able to do so or have been able to put up with it for so long but theres a level of respect there towards the handful of you even if we dont agree on some issues. i have to dust my hands at times though and just not look or post at all and just try to like the singular posts from people who are not just angrily smashing their keyboard.

edit: while we can disagree fundamentally and morally on things once it gets to the point of calling other people monsters and things like that ehhhh doesn't do much for either side. especially on suuuper hot issues. wouldn't be such a bad idea for some threads to be moderated, but thats a whole other issue.

Funny you should mention that.

I was thinking the same thing pretty much, but sometimes I can't help myself when I read some of that crap.

• Like 5

Agreed lotus :tu:

Sometimes i just take long breaks from that section,even if i dont agree with some there i dont want to just argue with them constantly...Though 2 or 3 i will take jabs at whenever the situation presents itself :devil:

7 straight days of 100 + degree weather has had me going grrrrr the gym has felt like a damn furnace!

• Like 5

I'm just as guilty and I'm sure i have helped cause a few people heres threads to go south and i have also joined in on arguments that actually made me emotionally upset, but it's hard not too when others say some of the crap they do say. agreed zz sometimes i cannot help myself either. theres an obvious divide on a few issues right now, and even people who are on the same side as me are saying some things that make me go heyyyy ohhhh i'm not with that guy lol

im just going to go back to trying to have fun in the general section, it's nicer here and people generally treat each other better.

• Like 6

I'm just as guilty and I'm sure i have helped cause a few people heres threads to go south and i have also joined in on arguments that actually made me emotionally upset, but it's hard not too when others say some of the crap they do say. agreed zz sometimes i cannot help myself either. theres an obvious divide on a few issues right now, and even people who are on the same side as me are saying some things that make me go heyyyy ohhhh i'm not with that guy lol

im just going to go back to trying to have fun in the general section, it's nicer here and people generally treat each other better.

Like today, somebody I had on ignore (I made a mistake and too him off) REALLY p***ed me off. I'm thinking about shooting both barrels at him. The problem is if I was to type what I'm thinking it would be against forum rules big time.

During breakfast that jerk was all I could think about. Now, is he worth getting banned over?

No.

He thinks he "got in the last word" and I'm so sure he is proud of himself.

Me to myself: "Just settle down man, get over it big boy".

Edited by ZZ430
  • Like 5

lol pretty much what happened to me too but now i went back and seen that the thread was cleaned out and my reporting of certain posts worked so i had a bit of a laugh with crimson in the thread. i could have easily have stayed up and raged and continued posting especially after being called a parasite among other things, but i put some music on hit my vape HEAVILY and went to bed and let the situation take care of itself.

nobody is worth being banned over you have to work it so they get themselves banned :P

let them have "the last word" if that makes them feel better whatever maybe in a month when emotions settle people can discuss amongst each other with a little less vitriol because i think the main thread were all on the same page about right now is a discussion we should all have... without god, without shaming, and without hate. one day i hope anyways.

anyways onto one thing that makes me go grrrr when you take care of an itchy eye and end up with 4 or 5 eyelashes savagely scrapping away at my eyeball. DAMN YOU LONG EYELASHES

• Like 4

People who don't indicate before they pull out.

Edited by Norbert the Incredible
  • Like 2