Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Using toys to draw child spirits.

Cobaltglass

We know that often putting out toys will help us attract child spirits. Sometimes too,I have seen investigators promise that they will give candy as a reward to child spirits for co-operating.

My question is,shouldn't we always be ready to actually leave the children the toys, and should we promise anything,if we are not prepared to actually keep the promise?

I have decided to choose toys That are safe,of course,but affordable to leave behind, and to actually have candy to leave also.

You say this as if it's common knowledge.

None the less, i'd say...

If you believe that you've drawn a spirit out with a toy, then i think it's rather rude to take said toy away.

Welcome to UM, too!

• Like 3

Maybe others might have had luck with trigger objects but in the decade I've been investigating, that hasn't worked for me whatsoever. Importantly we need to remember, if there is an other side, we need to remain diligently respectful. I find taunting a deplorable way to coax action.

Edited by evp

We know that often putting out toys will help us attract child spirits.

We do? news to me, can you explain how this little wonder works?

• Like 2

Wow! Only my first post,and 3 replies and all rather hostile! I'm out!

i am confused.....your name is not the same as the Op`s.

I am still waiting for Cobaltglass to reply. :whistle:

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Shucks! I had a ghost story to share too, concerning my Aunt and an old schoolhouse she partially restored!

• Like 1

Wow! Only my first post,and 3 replies and all rather hostile! I'm out!

asking how and when using toys to draw child ghosts became common knowledge is hostile?

• Like 1

We know that often putting out toys will help us attract child spirits. Sometimes too,I have seen investigators promise that they will give candy as a reward to child spirits for co-operating.

My question is,shouldn't we always be ready to actually leave the children the toys, and should we promise anything,if we are not prepared to actually keep the promise?

I have decided to choose toys That are safe,of course,but affordable to leave behind, and to actually have candy to leave also.

Who knows this? I don't know this. It sounds like nobody else knows this. How do you know this?

• Like 2

Who knows this? I don't know this. It sounds like nobody else knows this. How do you know this?

Stop asking questions, its hostile. :cry:

• Like 3

Stop asking questions, its hostile. :cry:

I'm a scary question-askin' type. I like to push the envelop. Maybe I should add a trigger warning? :passifier:

• Like 2

i am confused.....your name is not the same as the Op`s.

I am still waiting for Cobaltglass to reply. :whistle:

Yes, I only joined today,and it looked like my registration went through o.k., but then when I went to post,it came up with a screen saying I had to do it over again on several lines,so I did,and since they said my user name was already taken,as it was me,I just went ahead with doing it the way they requested, and then I was going to find a way to go back and let the moderator know,so, that's what's up.

Anyway, I have read several books about investigations,and seen some shows where toys were used to help make child spirits feel more comfortable communicating. Smetimes it would be a ball,and the investigator would say,if you are here,please make the ball move,just like when we ask any spirit to give us a sign. If people really read my post,I was not talking about luring children,or trying to harm them in any way. Read it everybody!,I was on the children's side! That's what offended me.

These forums can be much more enjoyable if people are not always on the attack. I had looked this one over,and thought it wasn't negative,and I was disappointed to find my very first experience was. I don't go into these things to have to answer to people on the attack. I genuinely want to discuss the paranormal with other people who are interested in doing that,and not turning everything into a debate. There's plenty of that out there from people who only desire to make us sound ridiculous.

To the member who wants to tell me a story,If there is a "personal message section on here,I would be very interested in hearing your story,and I will reply personally. So sorry I wasn't there.

Edited by autumnite

Shucks! I had a ghost story to share too, concerning my Aunt and an old schoolhouse she partially restored!

removed. op is back.

Please hang around autumnite, we do not bite, we are only curious. :tu:

Edited by freetoroam

Yes, I only joined today,and it looked like my registration went through o.k., but then when I went to post,it came up with a screen saying I had to do it over again on several lines,so I did,and since they said my user name was already taken,as it was me,I just went ahead with doing it the way they requested, and then I was going to find a way to go back and let the moderator know,so, that's what's up.

Anyway, I have read several books about investigations,and seen some shows where toys were used to help make child spirits feel more comfortable communicating. Smetimes it would be a ball,and the investigator would say,if you are here,please make the ball move,just like when we ask any spirit to give us a sign. If people really read my post,I was not talking about luring children,or trying to harm them in any way. Read it everybody!,I was on the children's side! That's what offended me.

These forums can be much more enjoyable if people are not always on the attack. I had looked this one over,and thought it wasn't negative,and I was disappointed to find my very first experience was. I don't go into these things to have to answer to people on the attack. I genuinely want to discuss the paranormal with other people who are interested in doing that,and not turning everything into a debate. There's plenty of that out there from people who only desire to make us sound ridiculous.

To the member who wants to tell me a story,If there is a "personal message section on here,I would be very interested in hearing your story,and I will reply personally. So sorry I wasn't there.

most of us are interesting in these claims too. There is no negativity intended.

I would be interested if you could show some links to these shows.....us skeptics can be quite persistent sometimes, never get offended by it, we just like to know what the crack is.

Welcome to the site and do try and hang about. Could you bare in mind though that on these forum sites you will get debates, thats all part and parcel of the discussions.

No one is attacking you on here, we tend to find the posters who attack are the ones who do not get the answers they require....on this site you get a variety of replies, which is what makes it so interesting. :tu:

Which post made you feel like we thought you are trying to harm the children ghost, because I don't see any?

These forums can be much more enjoyable if people are not always on the attack. I had looked this one over,and thought it wasn't negative,and I was disappointed to find my very first experience was. I don't go into these things to have to answer to people on the attack.

Nobody's on the attack here, just calm down, it's a bit like if I said, "We know that Santa claus hates air conditioning so should I keep my air conditioner turned off on christmas so my imaginary friend can get his presents", it makes no sense. I'm sure ghosts are real to you, but that doesn't mean it is to everyone.

I genuinely want to discuss the paranormal with other people who are interested in doing that,and not turning everything into a debate. There's plenty of that out there from people who only desire to make us sound ridiculous.

Ok, so you basically want people to tell you "Yes, toys do attract children, and you should totally leave toys and candy when you go, because kids like candy"?

• Like 1

Thanks for the encouragement Kari W. I will try. I really appreciate it. O.K., will you post your story?,as now I have to hear it!

• Like 1

Thanks for the encouragement Kari W. I will try. I really appreciate it. O.K., will you post your story?,as now I have to hear it!

Which post made you feel like we thought you are trying to harm the children ghost, because I don't see any?

Nobody's on the attack here, just calm down, it's a bit like if I said, "We know that Santa claus hates air conditioning so should I keep my air conditioner turned off on christmas so my imaginary friend can get his presents", it makes no sense. I'm sure ghosts are real to you, but that doesn't mean it is to everyone.

Ok, so you basically want people to tell you "Yes, toys do attract children, and you should totally leave toys and candy when you go, because kids like candy"?

No, my whole point of my original post was to say that I don't feel we should promise things to child spirits and then not follow through,just as we should not promise things to living children, if we don't mean it.

No, my whole point of my original post was to say that I don't feel we should promise things to child spirits and then not follow through,just as we should not promise things to living children, if we don't mean it.

Hi, I believe we understand this, but the living children bit is a no brainer, of course we should not do that. Its the childrens spirit being attracted to man made, solid toys which I am questioning. Do you have any links to "spirits" touching or taking these toys?

Have you experienced someone promising a "child spirit" a toy, not following it through and having repercussions because of it?

• Like 1

Dinosaur Jr., you asked me which post made me feel like you thought I wanted to harm child spirits. Go back to E.V.P.'s statement.

Hi, I believe we understand this, but the living children bit is a no brainer, of course we should not do that. Its the childrens spirit being attracted to man made, solid toys which I am questioning. Do you have any links to "spirits" touching or taking these toys?

Have you experienced someone promising a "child spirit" a toy, not following it through and having repercussions because of it?

yeah, that's a good question.

how about adult ghosts? I've heard some pretty out there stuff like how ghosts are attracted to... attractive women...... so I guess children like toys....

• Like 1

Dinosaur Jr., you asked me which post made me feel like you thought I wanted to harm child spirits. Go back to E.V.P.'s statement.

My bad, I just don't understand 'ghost talk' very well

I thought what EVP meant was to follow through with your promises to ghosts and be respectful, but I don't know for sure.

yeah, that's a good question.

how about adult ghosts? I've heard some pretty out there stuff like how ghosts are attracted to... attractive women...... so I guess children like toys....

Wow! That is a sterling observation,Lol. I think that now I will hang around just for fun. You know,a lot of these replies really have been funny,and I should have just enjoyed them. Sorry I got so defensive. Keep em coming please,lol.

I thought what EVP meant was to follow through with your promises to ghosts and be respectful, but I don't know for sure.

No, I think E.V.P. Was saying that after I stated that I intended to always bring safe toys that were inexpensive,so that I could leave them,and sometimes candy,as I have seen investigators promise that on Ghost Hunters,but did not see any candy,that the whole Idea was deplorable,even though as was talking about being kind,and that it was disrespectful,even though respecting spirits is one of my constant rules. My thought was that it would show a child spirit that I am not someone to be afraid of,as no way would I want to frighten any I encountered. But wait a minute here,E.V.P. Is entitled to individual opinion,and as I stated before,I have been over reacting. I think it's more like "my bad." As far as understanding "ghost talk," I think you do just fine. You may know more than you give yourself credit for.

My point of curiosity is, why do you think ghosts are even real? Have you seen them? Have you spoken to them? I can't really answer the question because a question about "child ghosts" carries the implication that ghosts in general are real, which we really don't have any reason to believe is true. Unless you have some amazing story to tell...?

No,none of that. I just always try to put myself in the spirit's place. There are some I can find,but they are from episodes of paranormal t.v. Shows,and it may take me a while to remember the episodes. You don't see the kids,but you do see the toys,usually

Balls rolling,and they have checked for breezes,etc., that could have been doing it. I'm remember too, on a DVD, I have an episode of Ghost Hunters where a small toy buggy rolls a little. I'm not concerned a child spirit would bring on repercussions from anger,I'm conerned it would be hurtful to not follow through. When I can dig these on,I will add them to this topic.