Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious hands appear in Mt Kinabalu photo

Still Waters

A pair of dark disembodied hands, similar to that of "The Thing" from the Addams Family, made a spooky appearance in two photos taken at Mount Kinabalu shortly after the 5.9 magnitude earthquake which hit Sabah.

Persatuan Komuniti Bugis Sabah (PKBS) vice-president Samasuddin Yusop, who is part of a group of donors pictured with the mysterious limbs, said neither images, taken at the base of Mount Kinabalu, were altered.

http://www.thestar.c...mount-kinabalu/

I'm officially creeped out on this one. Is there any precedent for "strange apparitions" appearing after natural disasters like earthquakes in the Malay culture? If not then why would anyone even bother such a hoax? Yep...creepy...

Strange but nothing definitive there. Photos could have been faked or the hands could have belonged to a living person. Surprised the guy didn't feel hands that close to his junk.

• Like 1

Two cameras caught a same image ... that's gonna take some explaining ...

• Like 1

Two cameras caught a same image ... that's gonna take some explaining ...

That certainly does lend it some credence.

• Like 2

Well, whatever it is (the guy on the right) it's not a human hand. Just try and replicate the placement of the fingers, unless your middle and index fingers happen to be broken or are disclocated. I think that it's a combination of what's behind on the big map, his fingers and whatever he might of forgot what he was holding in his hand.

On the left, it's so blurry I claim pareidolia.

• Like 1

Looks normal to me, the guy on the far right has one hand in his pocket to his left....his right hand is tucked a bit into his right pocket

The guy in the middle simply has his right arm behind his back...with his fingers protruding where the guy on right has his hands in his pocket, if you put your hand behind your own back...notice how your thumb naturally points toward your head

There are NO extra hands anywhere

misteri2.img_assist_custom-512x358.jpg

solved.gif

Edited by seeder
  • Like 9

I think its one of these photos where you believe you see something that is not really as it appears. I think it is partly the mans hand resting with a finger or thumb hooked into his pocket and maybe something in the background or on the other guy that is blending in and giving the fake impression that it is actually a hand.

I will give you a good example of what I mean about something looking like something completely different in a photo here:

http://yamadonkey.com/2015/05/29/misplaced-thumb-looks-bad/

• Like 1

Looks normal to me, the guy on the far right has one hand in his pocket to his left....his right hand is tucked a bit into his right pocket

The guy in the middle simply has his right arm behind his back...with his fingers protruding where the guy on right has his hands in his pocket, if you put your hand behind your own back...notice how your thumb naturally points toward your head

There a NO extra hands anywhere

solved.gif

Excuse me, but I see the other guy's hand clearly in the pic. He is not holding his hand on his back.

• Like 1

Excuse me, but I see the other guy's hand clearly in the pic. He is not holding his hand on his back.

You only 'think' you see his right hand, which just happens to be the same color as the background board...as said, put your hand behind your back and the thumb is uppermost...so look at the 'mystery hands'.. and the top hand you see clearly shows a fatter upside down thumb.

• Like 3

You only 'think' you see his right hand, which just happens to be the same color as the background board...as said, put your hand behind your back and the thumb is uppermost...so look at the 'mystery hands'.. and the top hand you see clearly shows a fatter upside down thumb.

Not accurate, his hand is at his sides, anatomically the thumb could just as well as be a right thumb behind the back or just a right thumb held to front. Hardly conclusive

~

~

A pair of dark disembodied hands, similar to that of "The Thing" from the Addams Family, made a spooky appearance in two photos taken at Mount Kinabalu shortly after the 5.9 magnitude earthquake which hit Sabah.

Persatuan Komuniti Bugis Sabah (PKBS) vice-president Samasuddin Yusop, who is part of a group of donors pictured with the mysterious limbs, said neither images, taken at the base of Mount Kinabalu, were altered.

http://www.thestar.c...mount-kinabalu/

I think the extra hand is the guy to the left of the extra hand. Note how his shoulder is angled backward. It is probably him putting his hand on the back at the waistline. The background is close to flesh color, where they SAY his hand really is (I disbelieve this). I believe that the background wall is encircled as a substitute for the hand that is on the back and between the two fellas.

It is possible that the hand is maimed in someway. If this is so, then the fella would be used to keeping it at the back, to obscure the disability, which would make his shoulder muscles a bit more limber to the back (supraspinatus and the glenoid process issues). Or he could have had a past shoulder surg. where PT sought to keep the shoulder flexible. My left arm, ex-dislocation, is far more limber than my non-surg shoulder. If the hand is discolored, there are also natural process to explain that. Doesn't look dead to me. Looks injured, bruised. 5.9 earthquake is not alarming but it still could have caused some injuries.

If the hand is behind the back, the thumb would naturally be up and superior. It would be difficult to do it any other way. The thumb would be up, superior.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1

Hmm... might be a kid behind the chap on the right, trying to pick his pocket?

Or we have what may be a ghost, trying to cop a feel....

Not accurate, his hand is at his sides, anatomically the thumb could just as well as be a right thumb behind the back or just a right thumb held to front. Hardly conclusive

~

~

I dont see a hand at his side, only the shadow from them standing in front of the sign

• Like 1

I dont see a hand at his side, only the shadow from them standing in front of the sign

The sign is too far back not to mention the low ambient lighting condition. THere are two images from two cameras. Well one camera and one phone cam to be specific.

Interesting. Could be anything. What's more odd to me is that everyone is touching. Look at them. Shoulder to shoulder. Personally, I've been in many pics like this and never 'tightened up' like this. Just as weird as the hands to me.

There are NO extra hands anywhere

solved.gif

I looked at the picture and thought about it before even reading the thread. And I came to the same conclusion. Of the two hands in question, one is the guy on the right putting his hand at his waist and the other is from the guy placing his arm behind his back.

EDIT: I think what looks like the middle guy's hand on his right side is actually a case. Maybe a phone case, clipped to his pocket. If it was clipped on a belt it would sit higher, but if it was clipped to a pocket, it'd hang lower.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1