Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump Enters 2016 Presidential Race

aztek

NEW YORK—New York real-estate developer and television personality Donald Trumpannounced he is running for president in 2016, a move that threatens to upend the already crowded Republican primary field.

After publicly toying with a presidential bid five times since 1988, Mr. Trump formally declared his candidacy for the first time at a skyscraper named for himself.

Mr. Trump has built a larger-than-life profile as a reality-television personality and real-estate developer. Now he hopes to parlay his fame into a spot on the Republican presidential stage.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I am officially running for president of the United States, and we are going to make our country great again,” he said.

Campaign officials said they would release details on Mr. Trump’s finances after the event. The developer has never filed a personal financial statement during his past flirtations with a run.

Mr. Trump is said to have real estate, golfing properties and other assets worth in the billions, though he also is expected to have substantial debts.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-to-unveil-plans-for-2016-presidential-race-1434448982?mod=e2fb

he has my vote whatever it worth. one thing i like about him, he is not a politician, he is "get sht done now" guy

• Like 8

Hurrah! What politics needs is more people with idiosyncratic hair. I see him as the American equivalent of Boris Johnson..

Trumpo

donald-trump_zpsohmgftyj.jpg

Boris

BorisJohnson_zpsc2zvtm6l.jpg

• Like 4

I'd be a little (okay, a LOT) queasy with knowing he had a finger on THE button but it would be a joy to have someone in that office who would refrain - loudly - from apologizing for America all the time. Can you imagine the negotiations with China? :w00t:

• Like 9

and just what are his Policies, and where is his connection with the average citizen of the USA? Has he really had to suffer any of the privations that lead from unemployment or minimum wage income?

He is also a very poor businessman, having filed for Chapter 11 protection for at least 4 of his companies - would you really trust this man to run the economy of the USA?

• Like 3

Great another business mogul. What does Trump know about Foreign Policy or the Drug War? If he gets in to office, expect to see an oligarchy on steroids. I'm sure there are some big CEO's waiting with their fingers crossed

• Like 2

I do not like Trump and doubt he would be a good leader but he is a great **** stirrer. I listened to his speech this morning and I have to agree with him on many of the things he said.

I don't see any difference in having a billionaire in office than having politicians there controlled by them because they need their money.

• Like 7

Pity Warren Buffet wasn't thinking of running. He speaks quite a lot of sense if you ask me. Though I suppose at 84 he'd be a bit past it even by Grand Old Party standards.

Edited by Norbert the Incredible

Donald Trump may be a good businessman but he's a lousey politician. I think he'd make a very poor President.

• Like 4

As for what he could do for the country, Trump said he would be the 'greatest jobs president God ever created.'

He then added; 'The fact is, the American Dream is dead - but if I win, I will bring it back bigger and better and stronger than ever before.'

As for Obamacare, Trump called the program a 'disaster' and a 'big lie.'

'ObamaCare must be repealed and replaced with something far superior and at far less cost,' he said in his remarks.

Trump also put much of the focus of his speech on the issue of immigration.

'It is way past time to build a massive wall to secure our southern border - and nobody can build a bigger and better wall than Donald Trump,' said Trump.

http://www.dailymail...s-problems.html

In case anyone else is like me and can't access WSJ. You can read everything he said during his presidential candidate announcement and there's a video.

Edited by Ashotep
  • Like 2

What does Trump know about Foreign Policy or the Drug War?

i hope not a damn thing, because people that you think should know fail at it miserably.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 8

i hope not a damn thing, because peopel that you think shoudl know fail at it miserably.

yes, any of the other likely candidates (including Clinton H) (particularly Clinton H) seem to know bugger all about it ...
  • Like 3

David Letterman must be kicking himself for retiring when he did ... this election would have given him enough top rate show material for another two years at least ...

• Like 7

I'm willing to hear him out. He knows how to get things done. I haven't really heard or read anything about this yet except for one soundbite today which I liked. When he said he doesn't need lobbyists or donors. He'll use his own money and reiterated that he's very rich, in his Trump way.

I see an upside to self financing a campaign. Less influence. Whether we like what he says or not at least it'll be his words and not whomever is paying for him.

But... he is a rubbish businessman - 4 companies in Chapter 11 protection - he cant run his own businesses, how can he run a Country?

• Like 4

But... he is a rubbish businessman - 4 companies in Chapter 11 protection - he cant run his own businesses, how can he run a Country?

Well, given the state of the treasury a chapter 11 expert might be helpful....

• Like 8

Really? Care to give him some pointers? So 4 enterprises of how many? The guy probably has dozens, if not more, ventures going on.

• Like 6

i sure would love to hear him say "you are fired" very often, if he becomes potus. few hundred times at least, he knows how to do that, and we have plenty of people in gvmnt, that need to be told that

Edited by aztek
  • Like 8

Donald Trump is definitely what our economy needs; he will never be elected however, and knows this.

Just a publicity stunt unfortunately.

• Like 1

At least maybe he will wake the other candidates up and get them to discuss issues they seem to avoid even if he isn't elected president. No one but him is really saying much about border security or our illegal immigrant problem. I think it would be a great idea to build a wall across that border. I think we are being fed a crock about most illegals being good hardworking people, more like some.

He wants to do away with Obamacare and replace it with something better which I agree with. Obamacare isn't good but we do need something and other republicans want to do away with anything that helps the poor and democrats just want to keep things like they are. Its just its all coming from Trump and I really don't like him.

• Like 2

Funny how when a former President ordered Mr. Gorbachev to "tear down that wall", he was applauded, and now they're recommending building a gigantic wall to protect America from the foreigners. Would they go the whole hog with watchtowers and minefields too?

Should be a very entertaining campaign at least this time round. He may have the mother of all comb-overs but he is a larger than life figure.

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 4