Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump Enters 2016 Presidential Race

aztek

I, for one will be watching him very closely!

• Like 4

At least now the Republican field has someone in it who will talk to Republicans how they deserve to be talked to. Of course American people are way too locked down politically to find a meaningful alternative any further away than the other party, and as a result here's a palpable agent provocateur for the Hillary Clinton campaign.

Really? Care to give him some pointers? So 4 enterprises of how many? The guy probably has dozens, if not more, ventures going on.

Well, here are 11 failed enterprises, and that does not even take into account the 4 currently under Chapter 11 Protection: http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-businesses-that-no-longer-exist-2014-10?op=1&IR=T

• Like 3

At least now the Republican field has someone in it who will talk to Republicans how they deserve to be talked to. Of course American people are way too locked down politically to find a meaningful alternative any further away than the other party, and as a result here's a palpable agent provocateur for the Hillary Clinton campaign.

It's not just about the support, a lot of it is about the money. The party electoral system is designed to be prohibitively expensive so only the 2 main parties can keep "competing". Anyone who thinks both Dems and Repubs aren't keeping it that way on purpose is fooling themselves. It's hard to get corporate campaign money when you talk about liberty and free speech...

• Like 2

It's not just about the support, a lot of it is about the money. The party electoral system is designed to be prohibitively expensive so only the 2 main parties can keep "competing". Anyone who thinks both Dems and Repubs aren't keeping it that way on purpose is fooling themselves. It's hard to get corporate campaign money when you talk about liberty and free speech...

Agreed, with one caveat. It's hard to get corporate campaign money when you talk do something about liberty and free speech, because that's not the variable that differentiates them... they all talk a good line of **** about it.

• Like 2

lmoa, so his vodka did not sell,. his video game did not make much, his brand of stakes did not go well, his magazine did not get many subcribers, most of his failed edvantures were of that kind, so what?

bringing that up is like grasping for straws, nothing more, he succeded in a lot more than he did not.

• Like 6

Well, here are 11 failed enterprises, and that does not even take into account the 4 currently under Chapter 11 Protection: http://www.businessi...14-10?op=1&IR=T

Trump Mortgage: Closed down after the housing market crashed. Keithisco, a smart person with other options wouldn't think twice about dumping a business in a doomed market that he doesn't really need anyways. Smart move IMO.

Trump Steaks: They licensed his name for it. He probably made a ton of contracted money and made out no matter how the actual product made out. Besides, it's Sharper Image. All they sell is expensive novelties that never last.

Trump Vodka: Same as above.

Trump the Game: This is starting to look repetitive. Do you really think the last three things were supposed to define him? He's making money by licensing his fame.

Trump Ice: He's good at making money. So far I haven't seen how he lost any. He did nothing but sign a dotted line and cashed a big check, four in a row now.

GoTrump.com: This may have been more hands on but I'm sure this is what you would do to you have that much f u money lying around. This targets a very small demographic and Travelocity probably ended up paying him. With Trumps kind of money he can afford to venture off into pet projects. They may or may not work out but they won't interfere with his main game and he won't go hungry if they flop. Let's just hope he doesn't have the same attitude with our money.

Trump magazine: Repeat. As it stands so far, I'm not seeing any concerning failures. Most of these things are still being supplied to his namesake properties. They must be valuable in some way.

New Jersey Generals: "Without me, the USFL would have been dead immediately. It was a league that was failing badly ... I did something I rarely do with the USFL. I went into something that was not good, not established. And it was failing. I knew that but I also went in for cheap. I bought something for peanuts."

Again, f u money.

Trump Airlines: "It worked out well for me ... I ran an airline for a couple of years and made a couple of bucks. The airline business is a tough business, [but] I did great with it."

Sounds like a success.

Trump Tower Tampa: More licensing with nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Trump U: Ok, I don't know about this one. To big of an ego and too big of a scheme. This could be one for his enemies to focus on.

Alright Trump. That's the most you'll get from me for a while.

• Like 6

But... he is a rubbish businessman - 4 companies in Chapter 11 protection - he cant run his own businesses, how can he run a Country?

Donald Trump is ONLY a businessman. Donald Trump is also worth $4 billion. To say he is a "rubbish businessman" makes no sense at all. Him filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcies is like a millionaire letting his house get foreclosed on when the value plummets. It's not that he can't afford to pay the debts of the businesses...he is manipulating the system that is in place. It might not be the most ethical thing in the world, but it is smart, business wise.

• Like 3

Donald Trump is ONLY a businessman. Donald Trump is also worth $4 billion. To say he is a "rubbish businessman" makes no sense at all. Him filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcies is like a millionaire letting his house get foreclosed on when the value plummets. It's not that he can't afford to pay the debts of the businesses...he is manipulating the system that is in place. It might not be the most ethical thing in the world, but it is smart, business wise.

I should have just said that. My other post took forever.

• Like 1

...He may have the mother of all comb-overs but he is a larger than life figure.

I heard a rumor that his hair hangs down to his knees in the shower - just a rumor though. :whistle:

• Like 2

Not a snowball's chance in hell of getting the nomination let alone elected as the president. He's trying for a cabinet job.

The Democratic National Committee have thrown in a contender for the most sarcastic press release of the year:

"Today, Donald Trump became the second major Republican candidate to announce for president in two days. He adds some much-needed seriousness that has previously been lacking from the G.O.P. field, and we look forward to hearing more about his ideas for the nation.”

Source: New York Times

• Like 1

Im not sure if it was a publicity stunt, if it was at least he got up there to prove a point and take an hour to ramble on about how crappy the direction of this country is going. He basically said exactly how he feels about whats going on in this country in an hour. He for sure has the money to back it, maybe his approach was a good one and were all just used to seeing politicians speak their praise. He did make some very good points though. How Ford was building a massive industrial shop in Mexico so they could ship their parts here for free. If he was president he would charge Ford Motors 35 percent taxes. How he said he is close with the CEO of Ford (which im sure he is)... I liked how he said he found find a Douglas MacArthur to push back Isis, how he would dismantle Iran... And how he would bring back the American Dream... No one with as much money single handedly has pitched a speak like that before. So No One really knows how itd go down. He has enough money to get things moving, there is no doubt about that. If he did become president he would run this country from a completely different light then what has happened in the past. Even though he rambled on, he covered some good points.

If Hillary wins I know this country is ruled by Illuminati or some secret dark agency hahahah. From Obama to Hillary.. Know theres a good idea. SAID NO ONE EVER =)

• Like 4

If Hillary wins I know this country is ruled by Illuminati or some secret dark agency hahahah. From Obama to Hillary.. Know theres a good idea. SAID NO ONE EVER =)

Electing the Hildabeast would be the worst decision the voters (and illegals, and the dead--if you're a Democrat) could do to this country.

• Like 6

The more I think about it, the more interested I am in seeing someone in office who owes allegiance to no one. Has there ever been a candidate before that financed their own campaign? (I'm not well versed in that part of American history...)

The thing I like about Trump is his real-ness. He says exactly how and what he feels and most of all he is not politically correct in any way. We must be discerning about what policies he has to offer and try to see through the entertainment factor he presents. The way he talks is exactly the way most people, I'd bet, want someone to talk. It's refreshing to not hear a robotic politician picking and choosing his words carefully. I heard many callers on the radio this morning sharing those sentiments and already willing to cast their vote, though I'd urge them to wait a while before being so certain. No it wasn't a right wing politics show. It's an entertainment show with an unbiased politics segment but people like him for sure. As for foreign policy I would guess that Trump being no expert would smartly rely heavily on his advisors for guidance but I could see him acting as secretary of state. Negotiating is his primary skill. I could also see him drawing hard lines and sticking to them. I think many of US are very tired of the pussyfooting M.O. of this administration. No that doesn't mean bombs away but it does mean keeping your chin up and being serious. I am excited to see how he pans out and I wouldn't discount him so fast. He's really going to make a lot of other candidates look very boring during the debates.

• Like 3

Trump Mortgage: Closed down after the housing market crashed. Keithisco, a smart person with other options wouldn't think twice about dumping a business in a doomed market that he doesn't really need anyways. Smart move IMO.

Trump Steaks: They licensed his name for it. He probably made a ton of contracted money and made out no matter how the actual product made out. Besides, it's Sharper Image. All they sell is expensive novelties that never last.

Trump Vodka: Same as above.

Trump the Game: This is starting to look repetitive. Do you really think the last three things were supposed to define him? He's making money by licensing his fame.

Trump Ice: He's good at making money. So far I haven't seen how he lost any. He did nothing but sign a dotted line and cashed a big check, four in a row now.

GoTrump.com: This may have been more hands on but I'm sure this is what you would do to you have that much f u money lying around. This targets a very small demographic and Travelocity probably ended up paying him. With Trumps kind of money he can afford to venture off into pet projects. They may or may not work out but they won't interfere with his main game and he won't go hungry if they flop. Let's just hope he doesn't have the same attitude with our money.

Trump magazine: Repeat. As it stands so far, I'm not seeing any concerning failures. Most of these things are still being supplied to his namesake properties. They must be valuable in some way.

New Jersey Generals: "Without me, the USFL would have been dead immediately. It was a league that was failing badly ... I did something I rarely do with the USFL. I went into something that was not good, not established. And it was failing. I knew that but I also went in for cheap. I bought something for peanuts."

Again, f u money.

Trump Airlines: "It worked out well for me ... I ran an airline for a couple of years and made a couple of bucks. The airline business is a tough business, [but] I did great with it."

Sounds like a success.

Trump Tower Tampa: More licensing with nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Trump U: Ok, I don't know about this one. To big of an ego and too big of a scheme. This could be one for his enemies to focus on.

Alright Trump. That's the most you'll get from me for a while.

So he's good at bilking his companies and personally enriching himself before they go under. Yep, sounds qualified.

I do think there's a lot to be said for business experience being a qualification to run for political office. The trouble with most of the crowd in the current administration (and this applies to other countries as well, certainly the UK) is that they're all career politicians, they've nearly all spent their entire careers in the small and self-centered world of politics, and they have no idea about managing businesses, budgets or large numbers of people. Really I think that some kind of business experience ought to be a qualification.

I hate to say it, but maybe we need businessmen in charge of politics - others make the policies after all, others enact the policies after all, you need someone who can SELL the policies, and short of sacking every single (dunno what the American terms are) permanent secretary, under-secretary, office boy, policy adviser etc who was there under the last administration (and the one before that, and the one before that) there'll be no changes at all anyway, so we might as well have a showman with some pizazz fronting the band for once.

• Like 5

A Real Estate Tycoon for President, Norbert? So because he's rich for building an empire of personal gain, he's qualified to be President? Is that the virtue we're looking for in the most powerful man in the world?

It's not the policies themselves but someone who can sell them, Sir Hats?

• Like 2

The virtue is in his ability to succeed, lead and take no shlt attitude. If Ron Paul could have shown the two latter attributes instead of being meek and whiny he probably could have done much better.

• Like 5

A Real Estate Tycoon for President

because he's rich for building an empire of personal gain, he's qualified to be President?

Is that the virtue we're looking for in the most powerful man in the world?

yes, we had an actor president, why not Real Estate Tycoon

he is no less quilified than corrupt politicians, even more i'd say, simply because he is not one of them,

what virtue do you see in others that makes them any better???

btw, how did a comunity organiser as a prez work out for us?

Edited by aztek
  • Like 6