Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump Enters 2016 Presidential Race

aztek

I agree a businessman can make a great president but not a self promoting, pathological liar that's always shown no one matters but big number 1.

The sad truth is good people don't want this job any more. I'd take a Warren Buffet 10 years younger but these days its pretty much turd sandwich vs. douchbag no matter how you pair them up. Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders both sound good for their respective parties but I suspect congress would be more hostile to their populist ideas than any Prez ever. We're doomed. Again.

• Like 2

what virtue do you see in others that makes them any better???

Medical doctors like Rand Paul and Ben Carson for two examples were motivated by a lot of work helping others more than themselves. If we're going to start floating businessman as the new role model for the Presidency, how about a record of successful businesses and charitable leadership instead of Donald Trump?

btw, how did a comunity organiser as a prez work out for us?

It worked the son of a drug lord's policies for us overtime.

Trump is a joke, and will bow out of the race before long. And what's wrong with a businessman being president? For one thing, government isn't a business, and cannot be run like one.

But I think it's great that Trump is in, at least until the new TV season starts, and he goes back to his reality show, because he's showing what the GOP is really made of. A bunch of clowns.

ETA: "You'll never believe what my detectives uncovered in Hawaii!" said Trump, about Obama's birth certificate. That went nowhere. Anyone who takes Trump seriously deserves to be mocked mercilessly and incessantly.

Edited by Leo Krupe
  • Like 3

Hmmm.... the sole position of GOV is to protect liberty. Gov has absolutely no business interfering in private business. This also should absolutely be the position of the POTUS. As mentioned.. the GOV is not a business and never should or remotely thought as run like a business. The whole reason most everybody complains today is because GOV is running the nation like a damn business. The fact is everybody on the planet is trying to pusue their own personal interest. The sole role of GOV in a free society is to protect their individual pusuit as long as it doesn't interfer with the private property if another individual. Mr. Trump is a business man apparently. I don't know much about the guy other than I hear he's into real estate(private property) and he's been on network television famously letting loose with the "You're fired!" line. Yesterday and today I listened to his interview with FOX's Sean Hannity. He's an individual pursuing his own personal interest and a businessman. He'll tell ya everything about how successful in business he's become... you need not ask him either... he says it over and over... so much it's getting boring. For instance on the Jobs question by Hannity he goes off saying he'd bring jobs back from Mexico and China by renogotiating trade deals because as he says "he knows people". It's not the role of GOV to negotiate trade deals for everybody else. The only trade deal needed is any GOV international trade deals scrapped and nullified immediately. The GOV should never stand inbetween individuals pursuing private contracts with whomever they choose. The GOV simply needs to get out of the way. This absolutely includes any interference from this businessman Mr. Trump.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 2

George W. Bush was a businessman. Pillaged his failing businesses to enrich himself like Trump does, but a businessman nevertheless. And like George W. Bush, Trump was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. He became a carbon copy of daddy so it's not like he invented the wheel here regarding his success in his core business.

• Like 1

Yeah Yamato is probably right but... Sure most of things Trump said were unclear like bringing back jobs from China, but then after that saying he likes buying stuff from China, or bringing back the army - what did he think when he said that? Some things Trump said were right like putting taxes on imported cars and Obama care is faulty. Americans already pay lots of taxes and should get medicare out of money they already pay - of course Trump would probably abolish Obamacare and not allow "free" medicare.

And some of the things Trump said were bordering on insanity like all Mexican immigrants being crooks - I always thought it was the other way around watching all those movies where criminals from US escape to Mexico.

Anyway promises, promises. I mean look at the Obama he was supposed to be a "Good guy" with a right background and right education, who understands the people and yet he's horrible president who doesn't care about anything but getting rich and yet he should supposedly know more and have stronger integrity. Look just at that horrible TPP he's trying to push or how he said he'll protect environment and yet he allowed drilling in the Arctic where if the spilling happens will be almost impossible to stop because of the icebergs.

Sadly no matter who wins it's just going to be the clone of past presidents who were all pretty much the same, with same agendas. Maybe presidential position should be abolished and just let Senate and Congress rule, because what's the point if these people just say one thing and do the other.

OR maybe there should be also voting of people after the presidential mandate where they vote if they were satisfied how president worked and if they are not satisfied and totally let down then the president in question should be punished by immediate death sentence. It would give the people final word and made sure president keeps in mind his/her priorities.

Edited by promKing

OR maybe there should be also voting of people after the presidential mandate where they vote if they were satisfied how president worked and if they are not satisfied and totally let down then the president in question should be punished by immediate death sentence. It would give the people final word and made sure president keeps in mind his/her priorities.

Like with Mussolini, Saddam Hussein and Gaddafi, then? If the People aren't satisfied that they've fulfilled their promises, they can string 'em up from the nearest lamp post? excellent idea, I'd be all for that.

Hell yeah. Anything different would be good. My eye gloss over with the current choices, but who knows, a wild card might be just what this country needs. I keep waiting for that Magic chrasmatic balanced leader to show up and save us, maybe trump is not it, but at least he will stir the pot a bit. Something we despretly need.

• Like 3

If Ron Paul could have shown the two latter attributes instead of being meek and whiny he probably could have done much better.

If the media hadn't misrepresented his vote count (he had/has a lot more support then Fox News would have you believe,) and he was backed by several multi-national corporations, than yeah he could have done much better. Unfortunately talking about liberty and constitutional rights isn't the business model that gets you big fat donations.

• Like 2

Here's a very simple and effective way to better inform voters about the candidates: all MSM coverage should show a list of each candidates donors next to a picture of the candidate. Just bullet point lists of company names and they amount they contributed. It will say so much without having to say a lot.

Also, IMPLEMENT ONLINE VOTING. It's silly that I can do banking on my phone but to vote I still have to drive to a voting office and write stuff on slips of paper. IMO they are all dragging their feet on this because online voting would mean a hell of a lot more votes compared to the turnout we have now. We can't b**** and moan about things always staying the same when the democratic process isn't even being used to it's full potential.

• Like 3

More from the interview with FOX's Sean Hannity. On the issue of ISIS Mr. Trump says the solution is to bomb all the oil fields and villages.. destroy everything.... (kill everybody)... take their source of income. (I suppose no ME nations are providing a source of income to ISIS in Mr. Trumps opinion) He says Iraq isnt even a country anymore so the oil companies like Mobile could use american boots on the ground after everything is bombed and "take it". Mr. Trump, America isn't an oil company. Oil companies are private business. Using the GOV military for personal private interest is a violation if individual liberty nation wide.

If this is his opinion of individual's in another country its also a very clear indication of how he truly feels about the individual back home.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 3

but that is what we are doing now anyway. we just deny it, and find fancy words for it. our current gvmnt's opinion of individual's in another country may sound different , but we still bomb the sht ot of them with drones, remove their gvmnt and stir revolutions....... he just says it like it is. it is known that america is a huge corparation ,and it is an oligarchy.

• Like 1

Here's a very simple and effective way to better inform voters about the candidates: all MSM coverage should show a list of each candidates donors next to a picture of the candidate. Just bullet point lists of company names and they amount they contributed. It will say so much without having to say a lot.

Also, IMPLEMENT ONLINE VOTING. It's silly that I can do banking on my phone but to vote I still have to drive to a voting office and write stuff on slips of paper. IMO they are all dragging their feet on this because online voting would mean a hell of a lot more votes compared to the turnout we have now. We can't b**** and moan about things always staying the same when the democratic process isn't even being used to it's full potential.

This is really true. Also making it mandatory for everyone who is allowed to vote actually vote would in my opinion be the tipping point to actually having more than just two parties whose candidates' only differences are often pathetic wedge issues.

Edited by Varelse

American politics seems to have a more cartoonish quality than in most countries.

• Like 4

American politics seems to have a more cartoonish quality than in most countries.

Wow, predictably more America bashing by Mr.Merton. How about the countries who's elected bodies get in fist fights and throw chairs at each other, or in Vietnam where you can go to prison for criticizing the government on social media. But then again that's more insecure police state than cartoon. I try to be tolerant of you Frank but you're just out to lunch lately.
  • Like 7

Wow, predictably more America bashing by Mr.Merton. How about the countries who's elected bodies get in fist fights and throw chairs at each other, lately.

Don't worry, i'm sure that'll be first on Mr. T's agenda. I'd certainly welcome it, be nice to have a bit more honesty in politics.
  • Like 1

Let's talk about cartoons Merton.

Let me see, you live under COMMUNIST RULE.

Now that is what's funny when you bash the USA.

Just what is your problem anyway?

• Like 4

I don't know what his problem is but I know what it's not. If we had stayed the course and kept measuring success by how many Viet Cong we killed per month, Vietnam and people claiming to hail from Ho Chi Minh City would be awash in the bloodshed and wouldn't have much by way of internet access either yet not even Frank Merton can figure it out. It "seems cartoonish". If the bodies were still piling up it'd seem less cartoonish. He's now free to snipe about America and Arabs and whatever else he likes from his Communist safe zone, however, can't put it all together to make a strategic policy decision for the life of him. Maybe if the Middle East was Communist he could figure it out? That it's from a Vietnamese citizen of all things makes it even more remarkable. The convenience of America not destroying you because they don't like your government is taken for granted when it's off destroying someone else for not liking theirs.

• Like 2

Let's talk about cartoons Merton.

Let me see, you live under COMMUNIST RULE.

Now that is what's funny when you bash the USA.

Just what is your problem anyway?

Remember that sometimes Envy & Jealousy is masked by hatred and animosity for certain things.

• Like 3

After watching Donald's speech, I am confident and glad he will never be in politics...

"they're not sending the best. They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists and some, I assume, are good people" -Remarks on Mexico

It's unfortunate though that someone experienced as Donald Trump wont be able to at least moderate a little of America's economy.

I cant imagine what he would be capable of if we gave him 1 Trillion dollars.

Edited by MeOnlyMe
  • Like 2

I'm afraid I do have to say that frank does have a point. I really don't see how the absurd world of "Libs vs. Patriotic Americans" can possibly be taken seriously any more.

Edited by Norbert the Incredible
  • Like 1

I can't really comment upon this, not being an American so have no real say in who runs for your leadership, but....

On this announcement from the shy, restrained, almost mouse like man, I have one question:

Since he made such a song and dance over your current incumbent in DC, has Trump presented his birth certificate in order to prove he is eligible to run for your highest office? After all, it's one thing to get up on a stage in front of what I understand was an invited audience of actors and paid hand clappers, and read out what his bank balance, give rather vague ideas on what he'd do to solve various issues, but can he can he prove beyond doubt that himself and his hair is fully American?!

• Like 2

It's not so much needing a birth certificate to run for the highest office, it's just finding sickly excuses to dig into someone's personal life/records ("if they don't have anything to hide...")

Being an American, I can tell you that the major accomplishment of this generation of Americans is killing our rights. Not even knowing what their rights are, not exercising their rights, nor refraining from begging them to be violated (e.g. challenging the darky to show his papers).

I'm afraid I do have to say that frank does have a point. I really don't see how the absurd world of "Libs vs. Patriotic Americans" can possibly be taken seriously any more.

If Libs are Democrats and Patriotic Americans are Republicans then it doesn't matter, because the long term results are the same either way.

On the narrower issue of whether US politicians will continue to telegraph their Patriotism and get Americans to take it seriously, the answers are yes and yes.