Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump Enters 2016 Presidential Race

aztek

The only reason the United States is even on the map is because of its business, you realize that the entirety of our assets and investment are on our own soil?

You absolutely sure about that statement?

• Like 1

Yamato why don't you be gracious and consistent and admit that you agree with Trump about immigration and the border. You know you do.

I agree with Ron Paul on immigration and the border and I don't think I've been inconsistent with that.

"If you subsidize something, you get more of it. We subsidize illegal immigration, we reward it by easy citizenship, either birthright or amnesty. But we force our states and our local communities to pay for the health care and pay for the education. Why wouldn’t they bring their families? And because of our economic conditions, we do need workers. But if we had a truly free market economy, the illegal immigrants would not be the scapegoat. We would probably need them and they would be acceptable."

You absolutely sure about that statement?

Its a little broad, but im interested to hear what you have to say about it. :)

Its a little broad, but im interested to hear what you have to say about it. :)

American citizens invest more directly into foreign enterprises abroad than foreigners do into the United States.

Mr. Trumps' economic policy, to "bring back jobs to America", of imposing high tariffs on foreign made imports would immediately raise the costs of the finished products. Who burdens the higher cost? The consumer in America does. Now will the higher costs on goods translate to american citizens manufacturing the same goods on american soil? I believe the answer lies with why the investors choose to manufacture these goods off american soil in the first place.

• Like 2

If it's Toyota and Honda, it's because the cars are far superior to their American counterparts dollar for dollar. I can see how raising the prices of imports punitively and immediately would make domestics more competitive in the short run. But what is an "American car" anymore? I don't even know what that means when Toyotas are built here while Fords are made in Mexico. Surely Trump's punishments will account for all these anomalies in the marketplace correctly. He sounds like he'd rather (and quite emotionally) punish foreigners and hurt the consumer than help American business.

• Like 1

American citizens invest more directly into foreign enterprises abroad than foreigners do into the United States.

Mr. Trumps' economic policy, to "bring back jobs to America", of imposing high tariffs on foreign made imports would immediately raise the costs of the finished products. Who burdens the higher cost? The consumer in America does. Now will the higher costs on goods translate to american citizens manufacturing the same goods on american soil? I believe the answer lies with why the investors choose to manufacture these goods off american soil in the first place.

To be fair I was talking about American Government, investing in American Business, American oil being an example. Companies that would be important to our countries economic infastructure, I recall reading somewhere that a lot of Private' Government Intelligence Agencies contract for big time Companies in order to steal information on competitors in order to protect our assets and future trade deals.

The Tariff thing is out of my league, im not educated enough to estimate the repercussions and effect it would have internationally but from the sounds of things, its a political move against china to ratify America's position in the market.

Investors can support child labor and an 70 Hour Workforce if they would like, but everyone knows that consistency and equal opportunity employment are foundations of professionalism. I would rather buy Gucci, than a fake knockoff in the alley that was imported from an illegal sweatshop in some communist ghetto even if it was worth twice the price at half the cost.

Like I mentioned before, im highly Un-educated on socioeconomics and international trade, but I can imagine the reason Mexico and china are kicking our ass is because we dont have a very large financial workforce on American Soil. We got jobs and independant businesses that are thriving but Nothing Like Hon Hai Precision or China post..... Except Wal-Mart, which is interesting; why would America, a once VERY great country, have the largest workforce in.... Retail Storefront Development and Operation? Something that is entirely Dependant on External Revenue and merchandise that pays damn near, minimum wage.

America can make money, but only like... 1% of America is making American money....

Donald Trump is our man.

Edited by MeOnlyMe

come on everyone knows he is not going to be president no matter what he says, i wonder if he himself believes that he has actually a chance -.-, or there is maybe a ulterior motive for this farce who knows.

Donald Trump will destroy the country the way many Americans want to

After being fired by all TV stations and the Latinos really p***ed at him he will get nowhere. The only beneficiary of his popularity will be Hillary Clinton.

After being fired by all TV stations and the Latinos really p***ed at him he will get nowhere. The only beneficiary of his popularity will be Hillary Clinton.

So is it a good thing or a bad thing he's in the race?

So is it a good thing or a bad thing he's in the race?

Guess that depends, now, if you don't want Clinton to win it is certainly bad.

• Like 1

Don't fall for the NBC/Univision - Donald Trump fiasco.... it's all part of the Presidential Reality Show. He's registered to be in the R's primary nomination. His job is to stir the pot and make everybody appear lunatic.... especially the guy the media will do their best to ignore... Ron Paul's son Rand Paul. Also he's there to make sure Hillary Clinton's talking points are boosted in popularity... he's already called her "a very smart woman" and "tough to beat" last week on FOX's Sean Hannitys' program.

One other thing... in order to avoid a conflict of interest Trump NEEDED to stage a fallout with the tv networks he's associated with .... this obviously includes direct ties to the media who host the political reality debate fiascos... NBC will be hosting two Republican primary debates as well as a main presidential debate. He cannot be employed by them and then appear in the debates. I also dug up and noticed Univision has ties to ABC news who will also hold a Republican debate in the primaries.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 6

Don't fall for the NBC/Univision - Donald Trump fiasco.... it's all part of the Presidential Reality Show. He's registered to be in the R's primary nomination. His job is to stir the pot and make everybody appear lunatic.... especially the guy the media will do their best to ignore... Ron Paul's son Rand Paul. Also he's there to make sure Hillary Clinton's talking points are boosted in popularity... he's already called her "a very smart woman" and "tough to beat" last week on FOX's Sean Hannitys' program.

One other thing... in order to avoid a conflict of interest Trump NEEDED to stage a fallout with the tv networks he's associated with .... this obviously includes direct ties to the media who host the political reality debate fiascos... NBC will be hosting two Republican primary debates as well as a main presidential debate. He cannot be employed by them and then appear in the debates. I also dug up and noticed Univision has ties to ABC news who will also hold a Republican debate in the primaries.

So it's a conspiracy! Ha! I knew it!

If Rand Paul, or Jeb Bush or any other republican needs Trump to make them look like the sane ones, they need more help in being elected than anyone thought possible.

Really? Relying on Donald Trump to help them? That's [expletive deleted] nuts!

• Like 1

So it's a conspiracy! Ha! I knew it!

If Rand Paul, or Jeb Bush or any other republican needs Trump to make them look like the sane ones, they need more help in being elected than anyone thought possible.

Really? Relying on Donald Trump to help them? That's [expletive deleted] nuts!

Trump will hand the crown to our new Queen by opening his mouth, spending money, bullying Rand Paul, etc. Ultimately the most battle-ready R's will do whatever Adelson&Adelson tells them to. Of any candidate so far, Rand Paul would be the one who wouldn't govern by Adelson's wishes. So Rand Paul's not getting the Big war chest. Unless the upcoming primary battle is some kind of colossal 50/50 showdown between Rand Paul and some other R, this election is going to be D-n-R pointless once again.

• Like 2

But above all these arguments is the simple fact that, in English English, his name is another word for "fart". How could anyone possibly resist! :D

Donald Trump? .. seriously?

i Can't fathom WHY he is running. I keep thinking *** as a spoiler? *** but a spoiler of or for which party? It's a Mystery .

Why he is running is easy enough to see -- he likes to see himself on TV and likes how he looks and sounds. Interesting that after all the garbage he has mouthed he is now second in the Republican field.

Mexican immigrants contribute more to America than Americans are willing to credit. His blindness on this is obviously widespread.

It looks like Mrs. Clinton or Jeb Bush, neither, to my mind, all that bad, although Clinton has a lot of explaining to do.

• Like 1

I don't thing politicians are smart enough -- especially Trump -- to concoct such an elaborate scheme. They are just doing what comes naturally and appealing to the baser instincts of the voters.
  • Like 1

Guess that depends, now, if you don't want Clinton to win it is certainly bad.

I have to say Clinton, who now seems the most likely next president, worries me. Benghazi and her emails make we wonder about her soundness of judgment.
  • Like 3

Once again, Trump shows just how stinkin' clueless he really is:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-i-didnt-expect-business-backlash-to-be-quite-this-severe/

On the heels of several major corporations distancing themselves from Donald Trump's various business interests, the Republican presidential candidate admitted Saturday that he didn't think the corporate backlash to his inflammatory comments about Mexican immigrants would be "quite this severe."

If I punch you in the mouth, I shouldn't be surprised if you get mad. Apparently, Trump gets surprised. And he's a successful businessman? I know, he's declared bankruptcy several times, which proves my point.

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best," the Republican presidential candidate said in June. "They're sending people that have lots of problems ... they're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people." Donald Trump

What parts of his statement are not true?

• Like 4

He does like to put his name on things, so If Donald Trump becomes president, you guys better get used to The Trump House, Trump Force One and Hail to the Trump. :innocent:

• Like 1

Once again, Trump shows just how stinkin' clueless he really is:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-i-didnt-expect-business-backlash-to-be-quite-this-severe/

If I punch you in the mouth, I shouldn't be surprised if you get mad. Apparently, Trump gets surprised. And he's a successful businessman? I know, he's declared bankruptcy several times, which proves my point.

If you're buying into this bs you're being played like a trump-et.

• Like 1

What parts of his statement are not true?

It's a rank racist distortion. The drug lords are not immigrants; the immigrants are only trying to improve their lives by going where there is work. Some will be criminals; always was that way (including the Italians and Irish when they were the immigrant group).
  • Like 1

It's a rank racist distortion. The drug lords are not immigrants; the immigrants are only trying to improve their lives by going where there is work. Some will be criminals; always was that way (including the Italians and Irish when they were the immigrant group).

The incentive is not soley a low paying job but for the free State and Federal benefits.