Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump Enters 2016 Presidential Race

aztek

Are you talking about something other than those pet projects like the Trump board game or Trump water?

I can't speak for Leonardo, but this Leo says "Yes" in answer to your question. Here's an example of Trump's failures and hypocrisies (specifically about China).

http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,2068227,00.html

I can't speak for Leonardo, but this Leo says "Yes" in answer to your question. Here's an example of Trump's failures and hypocrisies (specifically about China).

http://content.time....2068227,00.html

Salon, which reported this intriguing, head-scratching fact, notes that some of his apparel is from Mexico and Bangladesh. :D

Actually, he is a "rubbish businessman" because he doesn't build businesses with the aim of them becoming long-standing services in the community. He builds businesses to quickly make a buck for Donald Trump and then leaves them to rot.

That isn't being a "businessman" unless you are an ultra-capitalist fundamentalist.

You may have a point here:

http://fortune.com/2015/07/06/failed-trump-businesses/

Salon, which reported this intriguing, head-scratching fact, notes that some of his apparel is from Mexico and Bangladesh. :D

That's the part about China I was referring to.:)

But, Trump loves Latinos, and they love him!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-i-will-win-the-latino-vote/

"If I get the nomination, I'll win the Latino vote. I will win it. Because I'm going to create jobs," Trump said in an interview with NBC News. "I will create jobs and the Latinos will have jobs that they don't have right now. And I will win that vote."

"I have many people working for me -- you can look at the job in Washington -- I have many legal immigrants working with me," he continued. "Many of them come from Mexico. They love me. I love them."

• Like 1

Leo K, and original Leo,

We've already covered these "failures" some time ago.

Trump Mortgage: Closed down after the housing market crashed. Keithisco, a smart person with other options wouldn't think twice about dumping a business in a doomed market that he doesn't really need anyways. Smart move IMO.

Trump Steaks: They licensed his name for it. He probably made a ton of contracted money and made out no matter how the actual product made out. Besides, it's Sharper Image. All they sell is expensive novelties that never last.

Trump Vodka: Same as above.

Trump the Game: This is starting to look repetitive. Do you really think the last three things were supposed to define him? He's making money by licensing his fame.

Trump Ice: He's good at making money. So far I haven't seen how he lost any. He did nothing but sign a dotted line and cashed a big check, four in a row now.

GoTrump.com: This may have been more hands on but I'm sure this is what you would do to you have that much f u money lying around. This targets a very small demographic and Travelocity probably ended up paying him. With Trumps kind of money he can afford to venture off into pet projects. They may or may not work out but they won't interfere with his main game and he won't go hungry if they flop. Let's just hope he doesn't have the same attitude with our money.

Trump magazine: Repeat. As it stands so far, I'm not seeing any concerning failures. Most of these things are still being supplied to his namesake properties. They must be valuable in some way.

New Jersey Generals: "Without me, the USFL would have been dead immediately. It was a league that was failing badly ... I did something I rarely do with the USFL. I went into something that was not good, not established. And it was failing. I knew that but I also went in for cheap. I bought something for peanuts."

Again, f u money.

Trump Airlines: "It worked out well for me ... I ran an airline for a couple of years and made a couple of bucks. The airline business is a tough business, [but] I did great with it."

Sounds like a success.

Trump Tower Tampa: More licensing with nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Trump U: Ok, I don't know about this one. To big of an ego and too big of a scheme. This could be one for his enemies to focus on.

Alright Trump. That's the most you'll get from me for a while.

As for China, Trump addressed that recently but it's the same reasons everyone else ships manufacturing overseas. Though he will have to prove his integrity about bringing it back to the US if he gets elected.

• Like 1

Trump Airlines: "It worked out well for me ... I ran an airline for a couple of years and made a couple of bucks. The airline business is a tough business, [but] I did great with it."

Sounds like a success.

Sounds like, from the article, he misjudged the market badly. Did he sell it at a profit? Even if he did, isn't that rather Leo's point about his way of doing business being to squeeze whatever he can out of it and then sell it on, the classic asset stripper approach? Does that really sound a good example for someone wanting to be entrusted to running (what once was) the wealthiest nation on earth?

That sounds like a business man making the right moves when necessary.

lol, i wonder what those that call him a bad buissnesman worth themselves, trump worth at least 4 billions now, what do you worth, Leo?

trump proved many times he is a great buissnes man, he "fell down, and got up" multiple times, many buissnesman do not get over after first fail. good portion of nyc was build by trump, at one time or another, his towers rise on upper west side, right now. he invented a concept where building is still being build on upper floors, yet lower floors already rented out and operational. that pretty much shows that he is a great buissnes man. yes some of his endevors did not turn out great, but so what, only those that do not do anything do not make mistakes.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

That sounds like a business man making the right moves when necessary.

What, the "flog it off as soon as you think you might make a quick buck" as opposed to, for example, the Bill Gates/Larry Page approach? I think I know which approach I'd prefer as a safe pair of hands for running an economy. What'll Don do, I wonder, if he does manage to turn the economy round? Sell it off to China as soon as he thinks he might make a profit out of it?
  • Like 1

lol, i wonder what those that call him a bad buissnesman worth themselves, trump worth at least 4 billions now, what do you worth, Leo?

trump proved many times he is a great buissnes man, he "fell down, and got up" multiple times, many buissnesman do not get over after first fail. good portion of nyc was build by trump, at one time or another, his towers rise on upper west side, right now. he invented a concept where building is still being build on upper floors, yet lower floors already rented out and operational. that pretty much shows that he is a great buissnes man. yes some of his endevors did not turn out great, but so what, only those that do not do anything do not make mistakes.

The number of times he fell down might suggest something about his judgement at knowing how to pick a winner.

What, the "flog it off as soon as you think you might make a quick buck" as opposed to, for example, the Bill Gates/Larry Page approach? I think I know which approach I'd prefer as a safe pair of hands for running an economy. What'll Don do, I wonder, if he does manage to turn the economy round? Sell it off to China as soon as he thinks he might make a profit out of it?

Whoa hold up. There are different approaches to business but comparing anyone to bill gates is almost always apples and oranges. Gates invented something which created his business that is so so different from typical business ventures. I don't even know how to begin or why I would even have to compare typical entrepreneurship to the invention of Microsoft.

The number of times he fell down might suggest something about his judgement at knowing how to pick a winner.

Do you run a business or are you a career entrepreneur?

Point being is that no matter how many winners and losers you've handled, if you've got several billion dollars you made all the right moves.

• Like 2

He's a lousy businessman who was born in the silver lap of his daddy, the privileged boy.

He doesn't care about providing a product or service that helps other people (that continues to serve others), he cares about enriching himself as the measure of a man. It's obvious in every speech he makes.

The saddest thing of all here is that Trump will do this just for the publicity. It's the Donald Trump Show, and it's laughable how much some people are buying it. He'll be a household name if he does this for another year straight, and serves the Republicans enough spankings. Then after Hillary is President, he can go down to Mexico on a charm offensive and sell all the apartments he wants to the good Mexicans.

Nonsense. If that was the metric that mattered (and to you and Trump it apparently does) then the govt would be the best business of all. No wonder the govt fixes so many problems and Trump is running for President too.

Lousy businessmen don't make billions.

No, they make their billions the old fashioned way--they inherit it.

It doesn't mean they have to be run the or that I don't know the difference. I'm just saying, good decisions have been made. That's a good enough qualification to start with.

No, they make their billions the old fashioned way--they inherit it.

Perhaps but they don't hang onto it by being reckless.

No one is electing anybody just yet. I just see a few postitives and would like to see how it unfolds. Good or bad.

• Like 2

Trump will decide for us alright, all the way to Hell.

Trump is a birther for Gods sakes, and every speech he's made so far that I've seen has been embarrassing.

Well then don't pay attention to him. That'll solve a lot of your problems for a while.

• Like 2

This is just my personal opinion...

The man is a human cartoon. If he's serious about what he says, I'm embarassed for him. If he's not serious, he's lying.

Why on god's green earth would he ever get the GOP nomination? He's a non-issue because... (this is my prediction) he'll say something so stupidly outrageous that the Republican party will pull the rug out from under him.

Or should that be, "pull the 'rug' out from above him?" (poor play on words intended).

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 3

All this Trumps rhetoric "Im rich!".... "Im a billionaire!".... "people like me" is like one big political info commercial........ LOL

Reminds me of Tom Vu in the late 80's and his "Want to be like me?.... You want a mansion, a yacht and beautiful women?... Come to my seminar!"

• Like 1

Wait...wait....I thought the almighty power of the market is supposed to be our guiding light for every single decision?

The market has spoken, and anointed the Donald as the candidate who has most successfully propitiated it. Or is "listen to the market" only a mantra that's convenient for dismissing government action in any capacity?