Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump Enters 2016 Presidential Race

aztek

Which one of Trump's fabulous messages is resonating with voters?

Immigration, which is his one real message. I heard on last night's news that Trump is the #1 candidate in a PPP poll in North Carolina. Mainly because NC has so many conservatives that agree with his message on immigration.

Nonsense. If that was the metric that mattered (and to you and Trump it apparently does) then the govt would be the best business of all. No wonder the govt fixes so many problems and Trump is running for President too.

The government doesn't "make" money. It takes the money we have made, then mishandles, misuses, and flat out wastes it. Is the US Post Office making money or always raising prices while threatening to cut services? Was the Obamacare website a model of efficient use of money or a desperate failure of a money pit with a gazillion glitches?

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." LOL.

• Like 4

"come to my seminar" ----[Vote for Donald Trump campaign]

Edited by acidhead

The government doesn't "make" money. It takes the money we have made, then mishandles, misuses, and flat out wastes it. Is the US Post Office making money or always raising prices while threatening to cut services? Was the Obamacare website a model of efficient use of money or a desperate failure of a money pit with a gazillion glitches?

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help." LOL.

Every time we imagine how good or bad Presidential candidate Donald Trump is, what do you think you're doing? You're entertaining someone from the government here to help.

The govt makes money for all of its contractors. And we just let those earnings slip right into the GDP of this nation without question and without reservation. So you can have rhetorical replies to me like this, but you'd have to revise how the numbers get crunched if you really believed it.

Why do you feel everyone besides you is so dense? We think that maybe if Donald or whoever we choose makes it that they'll be from the government and here to facilitate and manage the nations needs properly. Trump won't be giving US jobs but he might be able to make America more business friendly once again. You think everyone is a stupid lapdog looking for a treat.

Late edit: jibs becomes jobs

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 2

Imagine this, but with only one person:

sheeple.png

• Like 3

I don't mind Donald Trump and I understand why he is putting his name out there in the presidential campaign. His role in his business empire is that of figure head or "brand name" after all. What confounds me is the number of supporters he is getting with what seems to me to be pretty blatant signs that he isn't serious.

He talks hard line immigration, but he hasn't done anything to identify or get rid of illegals in his own business: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/they-say-they-arrived-in-the-us-illegally-now-theyre-working-on-trumps-dc-hotel/2015/07/06/9a785116-20ec-11e5-84d5-eb37ee8eaa61_story.html

He rails against out-sourcing but out-sources: http://qz.com/443184/guess-where-mexico-bashing-donald-trump-makes-his-suits/

He has the "My way or the highway", or the "You're fired!" attitude but when it comes to getting things done he usually resorts to the greasing of the palms method: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-donation-history-shows-democratic-favoritism/2011/04/25/AFDUddtE_story.html

Which also ironically shows that he favors Democrats and establishment Republicans when it comes to donations over Tea Party candidates which would be more in-line with his speeches.

Practically everything he does in real-life is the opposite of his television persona. I do have to hand it to him though. He is one heck of a salesman. Ice to an Eskimo, that one.

• Like 1

Gromdor, you're right. He's a showman in the best P.T. Barnum tradition.

Why do you feel everyone besides you is so dense? We think that maybe if Donald or whoever we choose makes it that they'll be from the government and here to facilitate and manage the nations needs properly. Trump won't be giving US jobs but he might be able to make America more business friendly once again. You think everyone is a stupid lapdog looking for a treat.

Late edit: jibs becomes jobs

Well in this case, just listen to him! It's not that hard man. This one's a breeze.

What plan from the government that's here to help facilitate and manage the country's needs are you referring to?

I'm just referring to doing their general duties responsibly. As for Trump, you're probably right but he's been talking a big game for so long it's time for him to put up or shut up and I want to see what happens. He never actually joined the race before. So now he's in it. I'm curious to see if he's made of anything more than being the Donald.

• Like 1

General duties from the govt and here to help too. The duties and responsibilities relevant to this would be the President's duties and responsibilities. Which ones are you referring to?

Do we need another market maker in the White House? Instead of Solyndra and Govt Motors it'll be what, Trump brand real estate in NYC? Oh boy, I can't wait to dole out my money for that!

I can't wait to pay more for oil for whatever the reason. If it's President Donald Trump souring our relationship with our oil lords of the Middle East, so be it. He'll just go over there and sell them a bill of goods and we'll keep buying their oil like we always do, they'll keep cutting their womens' heads off for practicing something slightly different than Sharia Law, and Trump will shut up about it and move on to other government projects.

In an age of Presidents entitled to spend gigantic piles of money on whatever narrow minded crap they want, electing Donald Trump is the last thing we should do. It's great for Donald Trump though, if that's what we care about. We've got to stop acting like our Presidents have king-like powers they do not, but it's the perfectly ripe time in history for this cult of personality Donald Trump to throw his hat in the ring. If the people want a real leader to lead them, they're going to get one.

Edited by Yamato

So far, and we're just at the beginning, I can see Trump having a chance at winning the same way that Obama did. We tend to pick our Presidents the way we pick our next lover. We go for opposites. The reason Obama got elected, in spite of having no experience in any category that's important on a President's resume, was because of his golden tongue. After 8 years of Bush, who could barely fashion a coherent sentence, it was a joy and a relief to hear someone so eloquent. It provoked a reaction in many that said "I don't care what he's saying, I just love to hear him say it." As we all know now, that original infatuation has worn thin. Once we got used to what was such a drastic change we looked for substance and found him lacking. We realized it had been all talk and very little action, all promise and no substance. So now along comes Trump and the reaction is the same. "By God, finally someone who shoots from the hip, tells it like it is. How refreshing." I think there are many Americans who secretly feel what Trump is putting into words. That's the reason for his surge in the polls. We like people who aren't afraid to speak their mind even if it shocks us. Even if we're afraid to say it ourselves. He's being trounced by the media and other politicians because their world is ruled by political correctness. They parse every sentence, analyze every word, trying to match it to some group that should be offended. But the average American, while aware of the "rules", doesn't think like that. They think more like Donald Trump, whether they admit it or not. But in the voting booth they're free to be themselves for a minute and I believe that's where his edge lies.

• Like 5

Well, if you're a citizen of some Middle Eastern or North African country that Mr. O has delivered "Freedom" to with the aid of one of his drone strikes, I daresay you'd be wishing he'd taken a bit less action.

Edited by Norbert the Incredible

Obama's been very little action?! Just what ginormous action are we missing here?

I'm sorry. I should have said "effective action" or perhaps "positive action". Feel free to provide your own adjective. From my perspective there has been very little action that is consistent with his rhetoric. There seems to have been more effort in covering up scandals than in providing "the most transparent administration ever". The was a lot of action spent on assuring people "that if you like your plan you can keep your plan" but very little action toward making it be true. But the topic here is Trump so I don't want to stray any further in defense of one word.
  • Like 2

Norbert, don't dare it, just say it. I'm wishing for a bit lot less action. No unexplained mystery there. Not a single other poster here yet wanting less action from their President. If they favor Obama, they favor Obama doing it. If they hate Obama and consequently prefer one of the R's they're enjoying the beginnings of perhaps the greatest clown show the US has ever seen.

Big Jim, more action consistent with his rhetoric would be "effective action"? That would be "positive action"? What actions are we even talking about? And putting Obama aside, what White House actions are we wishing for here? Was it contained in something Trump said?

How many times must it be said Y? The border. We want it secured and respected and dang it I want to know if he can actually put forward a legitimate plan. That's my sole interest at the moment far as Trump is concerned.

• Like 3

How many times must it be said Y? The border. We want it secured and respected and dang it I want to know if he can actually put forward a legitimate plan. That's my sole interest at the moment far as Trump is concerned.

What, build a great big wall? Fortress America? So never mind the economy, how many more foreign countries he can antagonise, just as long as America is safe behind its Great Wall then it's safe from all external threats?

Why don't you take our 13 million illegal aliens Norbet if it's such a petty thing. Please, take them.

• Like 2

For that matter, screw Mexico if they consider us stopping their problems from becoming ours as anatgonizing. Why don't we cut foreign aid out for one year, save a couple hundred billion and build a literal Great Wall with a 60' deep solid concrete footer and while we are at it you can still take all the illegals here and house them in your country while we build the fortress.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 3

Problem with the wall idea is that 33%-50% of illegal immigrants are visa over stayers who just fly in on airplanes. Then there are those who abuse the Border Crossing Card system. All a wall does is give more taxpayer money to states like Texas who already get way more than what they pay back.

And we really can't p*** off Mexico for that matter either because we moved a good chunk of our manufacturing there. It's all this business and trade that is making the border porous in the first place.

If someone really wanted to solve the immigration problem, we would have to change the constitution to get rid of anchor babies, change how we do our work visas ( or do away with them), and actually punish businesses and owners that hire them (like Donald Trump). If there is nothing for them to come to, they will not come.

And will this wall let Americans out as well as keep the "illegals" as you call them out of the country? Will we need papers to travel from one state to another to make sure them "illegals" ain't doin' nothin' to try an' harm the U.S. of A.?

ETA: Will this wall have guard towers manned by people who are trained to shoot to kill? Could we call it the Berlin Memorial Wall?

Edited by Leo Krupe
  • Like 3

For that matter, screw Mexico if they consider us stopping their problems from becoming ours as anatgonizing. Why don't we cut foreign aid out for one year, save a couple hundred billion and build a literal Great Wall with a 60' deep solid concrete footer and while we are at it you can still take all the illegals here and house them in your country while we build the fortress.

And i suppose meanwhile he'll pull all American forces out from every base in the Middle East and find a way to finally eliminate Isis, Al Q and everyone else, and put relations with Russia on some kind of rational footing, and find a way to eliminate cyber attacks from China, or do none of these things matter just as long as the real menace, the Illegals from Mexico, is stopped? is that the only important thing where America's security is concerned?
  • Like 1

And will this wall let Americans out as well as keep the "illegals" as you call them out of the country? Will we need papers to travel from one state to another to make sure them "illegals" ain't doin' nothin' to try an' harm the U.S. of A.?

ETA: Will this wall have guard towers manned by people who are trained to shoot to kill? Could we call it the Berlin Memorial Wall?

oh im sure some people here would be perfectly ok with this giant wall, needing papers to go from state to state, and machine gun turrets on their gaurd posts to cut down anybody trying to get over the murrcan wall. freedoms be damned, illegals be damned, foreigners be damned, your own citizens be damned.