Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump Enters 2016 Presidential Race

aztek

All distortions and uses of stereotypes are by definition not true. Those who accept them have to my mind a streak of prejudice or racism or something like that in them.

I will remind you of this in the future. You will indubitably use the phrase "Americans are.........." many more times.

• Like 2

An ace over the skies of Vietnam who bagged five MiGs might be such an example. McCain didn't shoot down five enemy planes, he crashed five of his own planes. And for the record, McCain didn't finish last in his class or 2nd from last in his class, it was 5th from last in his class.

Well, flying Skyhawks he wouldn't be in much position to, and that was one of the most hazardous jobs going, flying bombing missions over N. Vietnam, which he did complete 22 of, according to the wiki pedia, which is not to be sneezed at.

Well, flying Skyhawks he wouldn't be in much position to, and that was one of the most hazardous jobs going, flying bombing missions over N. Vietnam, which he did complete 22 of, according to the wiki pedia, which is not to be sneezed at.

Since you've been here since 2005, is this what you were saying about him in 2008 when he was running for President? Or is it just safe now?

And what's your point? That he IS a hero because he dropped a lot of bombs? Is that the case you're now making? Or is it really that he's a hero because he got captured?

As long as Trump doesn't backtrack and try to say he feels differently about many different things in the future, I'd still vote for him over any of the other candidates. Damaging to his character or not, at least he's being honest with his view on things.

As long as Trump doesn't backtrack and try to say he feels differently about many different things in the future, I'd still vote for him over any of the other candidates. Damaging to his character or not, at least he's being honest with his view on things.

Seriously?

• Like 1

Since you've been here since 2005, is this what you were saying about him in 2008 when he was running for President? Or is it just safe now?

And what's your point? That he IS a hero because he dropped a lot of bombs? Is that the case you're now making? Or is it really that he's a hero because he got captured?

What was I saying about him? have you been searching the records that diligently? I think the main thing I was saying was that his running mate at the time was as scary a prospect as H. Clinton, mainly. Though since then, he has been one of the most belligerent of the blustering warmongers, please don't get me wrong. However, none of that means that his record in 'Nam shouldn't be treated with respect. "Dropping a load of bombs" when it meant flying from a carrier and getting down low into the teeth of enemy fire wasn't the thing to do if you wanted to keep out of harm's way (like the way certain would-be Presidential candidates and certain former Presidents managed to do).

What was I saying about him? have you been searching the records that diligently?

I didn't spend one second searching for anything. I'm just asking you, was he a Hero in 2008 too?

I think the main thing I was saying was that his running mate at the time was as scary a prospect as H. Clinton, mainly. Though since then, he has been one of the most belligerent of the blustering warmongers, please don't get me wrong. However, none of that means that his record in 'Nam shouldn't be treated with respect. "Dropping a load of bombs" when it meant flying from a carrier and getting down low into the teeth of enemy fire wasn't the thing to do if you wanted to keep out of harm's way (like the way certain would-be Presidential candidates and certain former Presidents managed to do).

Is John McCain more courageous than Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama? Well yeah, he probably is. He courageously bombed the enemy again and again and again and again, that is true. If that's what makes him a Hero, then so were the Ju-87 pilots in WW2. So no, that is not a valid rationale for determining a Hero either.

Seriously?

Given the choice of bad candidates, I'd pick the guy who appears the most honest and I at least somewhat agree with some of his stances.

Given the choice of bad candidates, I'd pick the guy who appears the most honest and I at least somewhat agree with some of his stances.

He's a man full of idiotic statements. So far, these are the first few. There will many more to follow, I assure you. But, just because he's not bright enough to backtrack (or "clarify") his original statement, he may appear to some, honest (in that believing in what he says), but what he says is largely idiotic.

Wickian, I'm curious as to what stances of his you agree with.

Edited by Likely Guy

I am waiting for the 'scandals' and proverbial sacrosanct skeletons in Donald's closets comes a marching out ...

~

"Donald Trump reaches ‘new low in American politics'"

Paul Koring - Globe & Mail

"Smearing Mexicans as rapists wasn’t sufficient for Donald Trump, the billionaire property magnate who covets the Oval Office.

Unrivalled for his outrageousness, with an outsized ego and a wallet to match, Mr. Trump rides atop Republican polls – a reflection mostly of name recognition at this still-early stage of the race – but his vicious slurs have roiled the GOP while delighting Democrats."

Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/donald-trump-reaches-new-low-in-american-politics/article25588662/?cmpid=rss1&google_editors_picks=true

I read an article today about the politically correct press just can't understand why Donald Trump can make so many insensitive, non-PC statements without losing points with the public. I think the real reason is that we know Trump is a cartoon character of a candidate that has never seriously thrown his hat in the ring and just uses the run every four years to help grow his celebrity.

• Like 2

Donald Trump is the man! Straight to it, not afraid to speak his mind and knows exactly what he wants for the country. He raised money for John McCain, its not like hes on a racist tirade or calling the people to arms for a book burning. Hes telling it how it is, it's refreshing to hear a candidate speak without a ridiculous filter on his wordplay to appeal to a secular audience.

John McCain served his country, but I wouldn't call him a hero. I would call him something along the lines of idk.... Veteran?

Edited by MeOnlyMe

Donald Trump is the man! Straight to it, not afraid to speak his mind and knows exactly what he wants for the country. He raised money for John McCain, its not like hes on a racist tirade or calling the people to arms for a book burning. Hes telling it how it is, it's refreshing to hear a candidate speak without a ridiculous filter on his wordplay to appeal to a secular audience.

John McCain served his country, but I wouldn't call him a hero. I would call him something along the lines of idk.... Veteran?

Songbird

"Donald Trump reaches ‘new low in American politics'"

Paul Koring - Globe & Mail

"Smearing Mexicans as rapists wasn’t sufficient for Donald Trump, the billionaire property magnate who covets the Oval Office.

Unrivalled for his outrageousness, with an outsized ego and a wallet to match, Mr. Trump rides atop Republican polls – a reflection mostly of name recognition at this still-early stage of the race – but his vicious slurs have roiled the GOP while delighting Democrats."

Source: http://www.theglobea...tors_picks=true

thanks to them for reminding people of the "birther" nuttiness. That's something that people have been anxious not to mention when endeavouring to big him up.
  • Like 1

I didn't spend one second searching for anything. I'm just asking you, was he a Hero in 2008 too?

Is John McCain more courageous than Bill Clinton, George W. Bush and Barack Obama? Well yeah, he probably is. He courageously bombed the enemy again and again and again and again, that is true. If that's what makes him a Hero, then so were the Ju-87 pilots in WW2. So no, that is not a valid rationale for determining a Hero either.

So, and I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, do you consider any form of active military service as being grounds for respect, or is it the form that that service took? Some forms were cushier than others? Or is it that you think he probably just murdered civilians by dropping napalm on them in an Apocalypse Now kind of way?

I am waiting for the 'scandals' and proverbial sacrosanct skeletons in Donald's closets comes a marching out ...

~

They have already. June 16, the comment about Mexicans being rapists. The comment about McCain.

Oh, you mean hidden in the past? That's where he's unconventional, see, because he brings them out himself. While that may be refreshing on one level, I don't want a president who does nothing but insult everyone around him. Holy cow, that'd be like electing Don Rickles. Although everyone, Rickles included, knew that was just an act. Trump's the only one not in on his own joke.

• Like 3

you would think Mexicans, and McCain comments would hurt, but they only help him, he is at 18% now, and gaining momentum.

I doubt you'll find anything hidden, his dirty laundry is out in the open all the time, whatever he has, we already know about it.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

Like it or not, I think Trump is rising in the polls because he is the voice of the Silent Majority. His comments sound outrageous in the context of the evening news and alongside mealy mouthed politicians that try to please everybody. But they're actually mild compared to the outrage I see in the comments section of every online news story. He's the only one running, or in the public eye in any capacity, that is speaking for the common man. In the anonymity of the internet, or in living rooms and backyards around the country you will hear the same comments and worse. He's not the first to feel overwhelmed by the influx of immigrants nor the first to want a wall, he's just the first with any name recognition to say these things publicly. The poll numbers are simply a sterile reflection of millions of frustrated Americans saying "You tell 'em, Trump."

It's too early in the game to say whether he's just a flash in the pan or the real deal but he's onto something and I'm pretty sure he knows it.

• Like 6

What a joke. I turn on the news this morning and this is all they talk about, as if Trump is a genuine candidate. He does this every four years and then drops out of the race well before the nomination (which btw, is quite a ways off).

HELLO PEOPLE, TRUMP IS NOT A SERIOUS CANDIDATE, STOP TREATING HIM LIKE HE IS.

• Like 2

What a joke. I turn on the news this morning and this is all they talk about, as if Trump is a genuine candidate. He does this every four years and then drops out of the race well before the nomination (which btw, is quite a ways off).

HELLO PEOPLE, TRUMP IS NOT A SERIOUS CANDIDATE, STOP TREATING HIM LIKE HE IS.

Guess what, he is leading the polls among the Rep hopefuls, if that is not a serious candidate I don't know what is. Now, if this trend continues the Dems can put up the guy who got jailed for stealing old lady's handbags (as Blagejovich will be a guest of the State for quite a while yet)... and still win.

Edited by questionmark

Like it or not, I think Trump is rising in the polls because he is the voice of the Silent Majority. His comments sound outrageous in the context of the evening news and alongside mealy mouthed politicians that try to please everybody. But they're actually mild compared to the outrage I see in the comments section of every online news story. He's the only one running, or in the public eye in any capacity, that is speaking for the common man. In the anonymity of the internet, or in living rooms and backyards around the country you will hear the same comments and worse. He's not the first to feel overwhelmed by the influx of immigrants nor the first to want a wall, he's just the first with any name recognition to say these things publicly. The poll numbers are simply a sterile reflection of millions of frustrated Americans saying "You tell 'em, Trump."

It's too early in the game to say whether he's just a flash in the pan or the real deal but he's onto something and I'm pretty sure he knows it.

Donald Trump speaks for the common man? The Donald Trump who boasts he's worth $10 BILLION? The Donald Trump who doesn't like losers? That Donald Trump?

Guess what? We've seen high poll numbers before. And then what happened?

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/44881446/ns/politics-decision_2012/t/nbcwsj-poll-cain-now-leads-gop-pack/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/herman-cain-tops-mitt-romney-in-latest-cbs-nyt-poll/

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/The-Vote/2011/1011/Why-Herman-Cain-s-poll-numbers-might-rise-even-higher

You know I have this troubling suspicion that many is secretly wishing he will win ~

• Like 3

Guess what, he is leading the polls among the Rep hopefuls, if that is not a serious candidate I don't know what is.

Yeah, talk to me in a year.