Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump Enters 2016 Presidential Race

aztek

What amazes me is the stock index was rated too high before the housing bubble collapsed. But we go right back to needing the index back to pre crash levels and the same unrealistic growth expectations less than a decade later. Perhaps some of the intellectual elite we rely on as experts need to ask for refunds on their higher education degrees. At the very least we should slow down our blind faith in what they yammer on about.

Take the auto bailout, not only did we sign over large welfare checks to the companies, we also instituted a "cash for clunkers" program that removed so many used vehicles from the market it priced the remaining ones out of reach for many of those who can least afford an automobile. No doubt the program was well intentioned to help keep domestic production afloat during recovery but it did not take an economic genius to figure out the repercussions on our poorest communities would be to pile a larger mountain of debt on top of them as they were forced to take out larger loans in order to have an automobile.

The whole bailout concept is another great example of the fact our government is increasingly governing in favor of big business, and not her constituants. I wouldnt be too quick in branding the mentioned behaviour as hailing from incompetence.. Its a possibility, sure, incompetence abound when dealing with our lovely species, but I wouldnt count out another scenario.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 1

The whole bailout concept is another great example of the fact our government is increasingly governing in favor of big business, and not her constituants. I wouldnt be too quick in branding the mentioned behaviour as hailing from incompetence.. Its a possibility, sure, incompetence abound when dealing with our lovely species, but I wouldnt count out another scenario.

Great point. I think as long as there is a two party system people will continue to fall for the incompetence argument. The people running our nation at any given time (all jokes aside) are literal geniuses, or at least borderline. They are generally speaking top of the class, business moguls, the cream rises to the top and all of that. Yet when they get into office they magically become bumbling morons??? Why is that easier to believe than the concept that these intelligent human beings have created an agenda which involves giving exactly zero shites about the will of the populace?

Great point. I think as long as there is a two party system people will continue to fall for the incompetence argument. The people running our nation at any given time (all jokes aside) are literal geniuses, or at least borderline. They are generally speaking top of the class, business moguls, the cream rises to the top and all of that. Yet when they get into office they magically become bumbling morons??? Why is that easier to believe than the concept that these intelligent human beings have created an agenda which involves giving exactly zero shites about the will of the populace?

Especially, especially given the construct of the political system. In that perspective, the incompetence variant would be the more far fetched scenario for all Im concerned. Although in all honesty, looking at my own government; theyre morons, straightup. That doesnt mean they dont have access to people who erm.. arent.

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 1

Especially, especially given the construct of the political system. In that perspective, the incompetence variant would be the more far fetched scenario for all Im concerned. Although in all honesty, looking at my own government; theyre morons, straightup. That doesnt mean they dont have access to people who erm.. arent.

Oh yeah , when discussing a politician it should be assumed that at least 1/3 of the conversation is really about the people they surround themselves with and listen to.

• Like 1

"A hundred round drum" and "catch these hollows" makes the allusion a lot more obvious.

Both songs are currently #1 and #2 on the Top 40 Hitlist

• Like 1

Oh yeah , when discussing a politician it should be assumed that at least 1/3 of the conversation is really about the people they surround themselves with and listen to.

Not with an egomaniac like Donald Trump though. It'd be like 1/6th with him.

What amazes me is the stock index was rated too high before the housing bubble collapsed. But we go right back to needing the index back to pre crash levels and the same unrealistic growth expectations less than a decade later. Perhaps some of the intellectual elite we rely on as experts need to ask for refunds on their higher education degrees. At the very least we should slow down our blind faith in what they yammer on about.

I wonder why the financial news networks are talking about the Fedarule Rezurve, BOJ or ECB every single hour of the day.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-fed-caused-93--of-the-entire-stock-market-s-move-since-2008--analysis-194426366.html#

Incompetence may not have been correct to describe it but I try to be optimistic. Avoiding the job losses that would have occured with those big businesses shuttering was the primary concern. It would have been painful for the economy short term but longer term would have led to a more stable market. Perhaps some of the "to big to fail" businesses need to have antitrust laws applied to them and split back down to smaller companies competing against each other.

Where I think you err is saying government is for big business not it's constituents. I think big business is a politician's actual constituency and the public campaigning to the masses is just the means they use to get elected. Look at the revolving door between any industry and the regulatory agency supposed to police it. It does not take someone with years working in a certain industry to look at a regulation and know if Company X is complying with those regulations. I also don't think having the person who spent years trying to maximize a profit margin to complete a certain task is the best person to make safety or environmental regulations about the process. Or a person working for a company developing products be on a committee to mandate that type of product in some uniform code.

Edited by Jarocal

Incompetence may not have been correct to describe it but I try to be optimistic. Avoiding the job losses that would have occured with those big businesses shuttering was the primary concern. It would have been painful for the economy short term but longer term would have led to a more stable market. Perhaps some of the "to big to fail" businesses need to have antitrust laws applied to them and split back down to smaller companies competing against each other.

Where I think you err is saying government is for big business not it's constituents. I think big business is a politician's actual constituency and the public campaigning to the masses is just the means they use to get elected. Look at the revolving door between any industry and the regulatory agency supposed to police it. It does not take someone with years working in a certain industry to look at a regulation and know if Company X is complying with those regulations. I also don't think having the person who spent years trying to maximize a profit margin to complete a certain task is the best person to make safety or environmental regulations about the process. Or a person working for a company developing products be on a committee to mandate that type of product in some uniform code.

Agreed, and if voters want govt to carry the mantle of "creating jobs" then it will have to remain so. Employment shouldn't come from Washington DC. Something a Clinton or Trump voter probably doesn't understand. But if govt is going to manage our employment for us too, then yes, that's the front door to Corporatism.

Great point. I think as long as there is a two party system people will continue to fall for the incompetence argument. The people running our nation at any given time (all jokes aside) are literal geniuses, or at least borderline. They are generally speaking top of the class, business moguls, the cream rises to the top and all of that.

No, the problem is that they're none of those things, or they very rarely are, they're career politicians whose entire lives since the Ivy League college they went to that was paid for by their wealthy parents have been dedicated to ambition and getting power, they're members of dynasties that have been in power for decades and therefore feel that they're automatically entitled to. There have been one or two exceptions, some (Ron) surprisingly successful, some (Barack O) complete failures. Really there've been very few who have been genuises and business moguls and so on. (Having an Expensive Education certainly doesn't necessarily mean that you're a Genius.)
  • Like 1

No, the problem is that they're none of those things, or they very rarely are, they're career politicians whose entire lives since the Ivy League college they went to that was paid for by their wealthy parents have been dedicated to ambition and getting power, they're members of dynasties that have been in power for decades and therefore feel that they're automatically entitled to. There have been one or two exceptions, some (Ron) surprisingly successful, some (Barack O) complete failures. Really there've been very few who have been genuises and business moguls and so on. (Having an Expensive Education certainly doesn't necessarily mean that you're a Genius.)

The electoral process pretty well guarantees that we do not get the best people. Anybody with any sense or class or better options would not submit themselves to the dog fight of a campaign. What's left is the power hungry, neurotic, highly flawed individuals that we see shredded before us every few years. The bright, capable, honest individuals that we all desire to see run are smart enough not to enter the race.
  • Like 3

The electoral process pretty well guarantees that we do not get the best people. Anybody with any sense or class or better options would not submit themselves to the dog fight of a campaign. What's left is the power hungry, neurotic, highly flawed individuals that we see shredded before us every few years. The bright, capable, honest individuals that we all desire to see run are smart enough not to enter the race.

I think both of you guys have nailed it. The problem is made up by parts of both your arguments IMO. Term limits, which I have been against but am now a fan of, would solve much of Otto's issue but I am not sure how to fix Jim's recognized issue. Maybe legal action against networks that show massive bias? That is very difficult to prove, especially when the judges vote the same as the defendants. I think the internet is taking much of the network's punch away anyways.

Edited by Merc14

Agreed, let me rephrase that; government is governing for big business, not the general public. The game is rigged, table slanted. A government not by the people, and not for the people.

• 2 weeks later...

Trump was declared the winner in New York as soon as the polls closed. The Empire State Building is lit in Crimson Red.

• Like 1

Damn Trump is a scumbag. The following video is really eye opening regarding Trump and his actions and behavior surrounding a scottland land deal where he was trying to build a golf course.

https://www.facebook.com/realsports/videos/1321308544565583/

• Like 1

i

Damn Trump is a scumbag. The following video is really eye opening regarding Trump and his actions and behavior surrounding a scottland land deal where he was trying to build a golf course.

https://www.facebook...21308544565583/

nothing stops a Trump supporter, for the average person his claim to built a wall would be enough to dismiss him as a clown(does he intend to built a wall in the bend national park in Texas, that act alone would kill thousands of animals and would cost some billion dollars)