Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump Enters 2016 Presidential Race

aztek

Uhhh...are you serious? Being a politician is most assuredly about how people see you, and your relationship with fellow politicans, donors, lobbyists, etc.

Its not his job to be someones friend, its his job to keep public image and shake hands with a smile. Barrack and Michelle probably talk **** on every lobbyist and politician in the world before they go to bed.

He constantly puts his foot in his mouth, and is indeed a bigot. Living and working around many people of Mexican decent, they certainly aren't happy about his statements. I surmise that all of you who defend him regarding his thoughts about Mexicans must be like-minded, or unable to bring yourselves to believe such an awful "rumor" that he himself started. Dude, he apologized and specified that he was talking about illegals, this isn't a race issue; this is a migration issue.. I have worked in the fields, believe me that my opinion of Mexicans are held in very high regard. Thats to go without mention of the many Latino friends I have had. He's just a complete joke, I mean...really? Again, Donald Trump has ZERO experience in representational government. He would have an entire cabinet to do everything for him, all he would do is make money and smile for the camera which is pretty much the exact thing that he is doing already.. Most of the people in this country, and many around the world just can't stand him. He flat refuses to debate anyone because he knows he'd get destroyed by anyone with half a brain. Save it for the debates if he makes it. He knows how to make money; I always hate it when people talk badly about Donald Trumps business ethics as if he isn't one of the most successful businessmen on the planet. He knows what hes doing, give him a little bit more power and watch him work magic. It won't matter anyway, as once he sees he's getting trounced in the polls, he'll drop out the way he always does. Which is fine and would be the right decision, but until then he has my full support and I would be glad to see him in office. Commander and Chief may be a little strong for him, but to be honest our countries economy needs a trump card.

And to be frank, I would not trust this man to make military and take decisioned socio-political actions. But if America were to empower its economy, we would be one of the biggest empires the world has ever seen in the history of mankind, our military is the strongest; we have virtually no revolutionaries in our borders and no internal threat. No country can scathe our defense without a thermonuclear war.

The only threat to America is it's Revenue.

Edited by MeOnlyMe
  • Like 3

I'd trust him to make sound decisions based on what his military commanders suggest rather than flat out ignore them in pursuit of a political agenda. I'm giving him till the debates to see what he's really made of. As for the Mexico comments, the detraction is all emotional and flippant. You're hopeless if you can't read between the lines and just shoot for the race card. That's old and boring and so is its root cause, political correctness.

• Like 4

Uhhh...are you serious? Being a politician is most assuredly about how people see you, and your relationship with fellow politicans, donors, lobbyists, etc. He constantly puts his foot in his mouth, and is indeed a bigot. Living and working around many people of Mexican decent, they certainly aren't happy about his statements. I surmise that all of you who defend him regarding his thoughts about Mexicans must be like-minded, or unable to bring yourselves to believe such an awful "rumor" that he himself started. He's just a complete joke, I mean...really? Again, Donald Trump has ZERO experience in representational government. Most of the people in this country, and many around the world just can't stand him. He flat refuses to debate anyone because he knows he'd get destroyed by anyone with half a brain. It won't matter anyway, as once he sees he's getting trounced in the polls, he'll drop out the way he always does.

He is not getting "trounced" in the polls at the moment now is he?

trump-on-fire-dominating-headlines-rocketing-up-in-polls.jpg

• Like 3

Does anybody know when the debates start btw?

August 6, 2015

9pm ET - Republican Primary Debate

Aired On: Fox News Channel

Sponsors: Fox News, facebook

Moderators: Bret Baier, Megyn Kelly and Chris Wallace

Rules: Top 10 candidates in an average of 5 national polls

Candidates: To be determined

Notes: Fox News has added a candidate forum at 1pm ET the same day for candidates who don't make the debate cut

Read more at http://www.uspresidentialelectionnews.com/2016-debate-schedule/2016-republican-primary-debate-schedule/#RTZ0W6DeSGABGQ8v.99

• Like 3

I'd trust him to make sound decisions based on what his military commanders suggest rather than flat out ignore them in pursuit of a political agenda. I'm giving him till the debates to see what he's really made of. As for the Mexico comments, the detraction is all emotional and flippant. You're hopeless if you can't read between the lines and just shoot for the race card. That's old and boring and so is its root cause, political correctness.

According to the Yahoo News, he's made up of a good bit of hypocrisy.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-hotel-accused-using-illegal-hispanic-construction-172910259.html

Donald Trump has been railing against violent Mexican illegal immigrants for weeks, but he reportedly has undocumented workers on his payroll.

The Washington Post reported that Trump may be relying on illegal employees to finish his Washington D.C. property, which sits five blocks from the White House.

According to roughly 15 laborers interviewed by the Post, the $200 million Trump International Hotel employs workers who illegally entered the U.S. before settling in the Washington area.

To be fair, I don't expect Trumpsky to know who's on his payroll, and where they came from. That's not his job. But....if he's going to cry about immigration, he should be able to trust those he put in charge to follow his dictum, and not hire undocumented workers, right? Because no matter what, this looks bad for him.

It's the same as if a cabinet member of the President (whomever is in office at the time), did something lowdown, shady, or outright illegal, people would be blaming the President.

• Like 1

According to the Yahoo News, he's made up of a good bit of hypocrisy.

https://celebrity.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-hotel-accused-using-illegal-hispanic-construction-172910259.html

To be fair, I don't expect Trumpsky to know who's on his payroll, and where they came from. That's not his job. But....if he's going to cry about immigration, he should be able to trust those he put in charge to follow his dictum, and not hire undocumented workers, right? Because no matter what, this looks bad for him.

It's the same as if a cabinet member of the President (whomever is in office at the time), did something lowdown, shady, or outright illegal, people would be blaming the President.

I agree with that. Of course he is likely clueless about anyone less than upper management and really can't control who his building contractors hire but he should be more vigilant about those things ATM.

As a side note, Yahoo news? I don't mean to berate the source but you can't get on me about the blaze if you are using celebrity.yahoo for source material. :/

• Like 2

I agree with that. Of course he is likely clueless about anyone less than upper management and really can't control who his building contractors hire but he should be more vigilant about those things ATM.

As a side note, Yahoo news? I don't mean to berate the source but you can't get on me about the blaze if you are using celebrity.yahoo for source material. :/

I don't go to Yahoo News, and frankly, I feel the same way about it, but I went to one of my regular news sites, and the Yahoo link was there. Besides, in the link I posted, it had a link to the Washington Post. To be honest, I didn't click that link (I usually try to get as close to the original source as possible), but the bottom line in this is it's not really definite. The story said he "may" have undocumented workers on his payroll. Right now, it seems to be an accusation. We'll see if this story goes anywhere. In the meantime, he doesn't need outside bad PR. He's able to do that all by himself.

ETA: added "not" before definite. That changes the meaning.

Edited by Leo Krupe

I'm going to enjoy watching Trump's surge just to p*** some people off.

• Like 2

And theblaze is usually a copy and paste from the AP or other local sources. Anyhow... I'm glad you note that you don't post flimsy hit pieces as defacto statements.

But here's a better source, and it's still about the Trumpster, but a different subject. It turns out he's cheap to his employees.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trumps-workers-may-face-a-less-than-golden-retirement/

That's because the 401(k) offered to the employees at Trump's 35 entities -- from Trump Model Management to Trump Sales & Leasing Chicago -- is what Bloomberg calls a "stingy" plan. It scored only 30 points out of a possible 100 on the news organization's ratings system for 401(k) plans.

In the case of Trump's plan, employees can't even join until they've worked for at least one year, an unusually long period given that the majority of plans now offer instant eligibility.

While Trump has a matching contribution, employees face yet another catch. The organization contributes only at the end of the calendar year. That means any workers who leave midyear will end up missing out on the employer match.

I never go to the Blaze, but if it's an aggregate like a lot of sites are, then that's not so bad. I'd still check a reputable site (BBC, Reuters, AP, etc) to make sure the story's on the up and up.

Donald Trump's primary focus is real estate development not HR and background checks for smalltime earners.

He runs a multi billion dollar international business. Not a Mcdonalds.

Edited by MeOnlyMe

Ya know I can't really comment as to how a billionaire should run his businesses perks but I see the good and bad of it, though it's subjective to a few different angles. The bad is that hurts employees leaving mid-year. The good is that it's the calendar year instead of the fiscal so that it's not confusing. The bad is that you'd technicality have to work for two full consecutive years before truly having a 401k. Is that a bad thing though? I guess it depends on the employee's motives, needs and/or desires. The good is that it deters those who aren't likely to make it two years anyways and requiring one year puts the onus on employees to prove themselves and isn't such a bad deal.

The mid-year thing might get cut some slack now and then. Of course they don't want to advertise it but I'm sure on occasion extended benefits and good will severance are granted to some who ask and some who don't. Tenure helps there. This is Bloomberg though. More billionaire pssing contests. It doesn't sound like the worst deal though.

• Like 1

We'll be trying to keep them in, if economic conditions between Mexico and the US changed to make Mexico's job market more appealing. Then nobody would be there "to do the jobs that no American wants to do". They're just scapegoats, Gummug.

The difference between who's going which way is largely because of governments, not the human characteristics of the people on the other side of the wall.

I agree completely with the bolded part. That is kinda my point! :yes:

• Like 1

Well, naturally. Lesson #1 of politics: arouse fear of Foreigners. Nothing like it for rallying support for you.

Try going into any country except the US of A illegally and see what happens.

• Like 3

Sorry Mr. Trump. Not scared of Iran. Not scared of Mexico either.

Not scared of Iran? Imo if they get nukes you should be, you really should be!

• Like 1

Why, because they slipped some arms through Syria to Hezbollah? Therefore they're an aggressive terrorist state! It's Endless Oops when our govt gives arms to terrorists. I guess Iran must be a lot smarter about who they arm than we are, clearly their govt doesn't make mistakes. Seriously?

Sorry Gummug, I'm a lot more afraid of the bs coming from my own govt and that of my "allies" than Iran getting a nuke. I also agree with the assessment that attacking Iran would turn on a real nuke program in Iran as opposed to the imaginary one you're frightened of, and if the attacks are brazen and brutal and illegal enough, perhaps even arm Iran with nukes that it didn't even have to make itself. Iran would become a testbed for the most advanced Russian radars and missiles. They might even fly down their own pilots as they're known to do in the past and use them as squadron/wing commanders with the best Iranian pilots learning from the best. Russia already sells radars to just about anyone who can afford them they'll be giving them to Iran for free. The IAF would get mauled. So the fear of Iranian nukes narrative, pining for an attack on Iran, would be one of the dumbest foreign policy decisions and the blowback would be immense.

• Like 2

Who, Mexico? And why should, even if Iran does get this mythical Nuke that Bibi Netanyahu has been confidently predicting (with the aid of his little diagram) for at least twenty years, do you really imaghine they'd be derangedly suicidal enough to attack the US? Or even Israel?

Donald Trump is ONLY a businessman. Donald Trump is also worth $4 billion. To say he is a "rubbish businessman" makes no sense at all. Him filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcies is like a millionaire letting his house get foreclosed on when the value plummets. It's not that he can't afford to pay the debts of the businesses...he is manipulating the system that is in place. It might not be the most ethical thing in the world, but it is smart, business wise.

Actually, he is a "rubbish businessman" because he doesn't build businesses with the aim of them becoming long-standing services in the community. He builds businesses to quickly make a buck for Donald Trump and then leaves them to rot.

That isn't being a "businessman" unless you are an ultra-capitalist fundamentalist.

• Like 2

Are you talking about something other than those pet projects like the Trump board game or Trump water?

• Like 2

Lol at notion of Trump water. I'd stock up on that to beat the rush.

Actually, he is a "rubbish businessman" because he doesn't build businesses with the aim of them becoming long-standing services in the community. He builds businesses to quickly make a buck for Donald Trump and then leaves them to rot.

That isn't being a "businessman" unless you are an ultra-capitalist fundamentalist.

isn't that what business is all about?