Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump Enters 2016 Presidential Race

aztek

They have already. June 16, the comment about Mexicans being rapists. The comment about McCain.

Oh, you mean hidden in the past? That's where he's unconventional, see, because he brings them out himself. While that may be refreshing on one level, I don't want a president who does nothing but insult everyone around him. Holy cow, that'd be like electing Don Rickles. Although everyone, Rickles included, knew that was just an act. Trump's the only one not in on his own joke.

If Rickles was running I'd sneak across the border disguised as a tortilla and vote for him.

• Like 2

Like it or not, I think Trump is rising in the polls because he is the voice of the Silent Majority. His comments sound outrageous in the context of the evening news and alongside mealy mouthed politicians that try to please everybody. But they're actually mild compared to the outrage I see in the comments section of every online news story. He's the only one running, or in the public eye in any capacity, that is speaking for the common man. In the anonymity of the internet, or in living rooms and backyards around the country you will hear the same comments and worse. He's not the first to feel overwhelmed by the influx of immigrants nor the first to want a wall, he's just the first with any name recognition to say these things publicly. The poll numbers are simply a sterile reflection of millions of frustrated Americans saying "You tell 'em, Trump."

It's too early in the game to say whether he's just a flash in the pan or the real deal but he's onto something and I'm pretty sure he knows it.

Very Well put! :tu:

• Like 1

Comparing past polling and election results like we used to do doesn't really apply now with Trump.

He is breaking new ground with his comedy and frankness.

Who cares what happened in 2008 and 2012?

It's a little late now huh?

• Like 1

Comparing past polling and election results like we used to do doesn't really apply now with Trump.

He is breaking new ground with his comedy and frankness.

Who cares what happened in 2008 and 2012?

It's a little late now huh?

You really think he can get his way and actually win? I won't be presumptuous and say you do, so I'll leave that thought there.

What's he doing that's so groundbreaking? So new? He's not the first non-politician to have run for president. He's not the first to say outrageous things.

As for who cares what happened before, learn from history. It can teach valuable lessons. For one thing, poll numbers aren't votes.

You really think he can get his way and actually win? I won't be presumptuous and say you do, so I'll leave that thought there.

That remains to be seen, I wouldn't rule it out.

What's he doing that's so groundbreaking? So new? He's not the first non-politician to have run for president. He's not the first to say outrageous things.

No, he is not the first, but how many others don't hide behind a prepared speech and a teleprompter? Your lovely Hillary? Compared to the others he is a real "groundhog".

As for who cares what happened before, learn from history. It can teach valuable lessons.

"Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it."

Yeah, I've heard that.

He might be the exception to the rule. Is that possible?

For one thing, poll numbers aren't votes.

Gee, do you think?

I'll tell you what...after the first debate we will further discuss the obvious divides we have.

• Like 1

Fine with me. After the first debate then.

• Like 1

I'm curious to see if Trump will backtrack or apologize for saying something that isn't politically correct any time in the future. If he does, he'll lose any appeal he might have to a lot of people.

I just a read a story the other day where a Democrat made the "mistake" of saying "All Lives Matter" in a speech when he was being heckled with the "Black Lives Matter" group. He promptly apologized for saying that all lives matter.

I'm curious to see if Trump will backtrack or apologize for saying something that isn't politically correct any time in the future. If he does, he'll lose any appeal he might have to a lot of people.

I just a read a story the other day where a Democrat made the "mistake" of saying "All Lives Matter" in a speech when he was being heckled with the "Black Lives Matter" group. He promptly apologized for saying that all lives matter.

Do you consider the McCain thing something that isn't politically correct?

Like a chode, he certainly did. That's the stuff of real leaders right? I thought it was pretty pathetic. The same thing happened to Hillary a few weeks ago. She said all lives matter and caught heat for it. How pathetic is that too (Not Hillary)? I can't help but see that "movement" as anything but self centered and racist. Instead of apologizing that guy should have just shot back what, you disagree? just to hear them reveal their ignorance.

• Like 1

Trump is recognizable , and although the McCain comment was base, he is saying a few other things that resonate with parts of the masses?

His being a creature of business instead of politics is boosting his temporary popularity and making him seem as if he might be more genuine?

it will be interesting to see how many would vote for him by election time... but he might still be big enough to blow the chances for the GOP.

.. think about that.

• Like 3

Given that I'm in my truck a lot I listen to talk radio most of the time while driving on work days and there is no shortage of callers chiming in about how much they're liking Donald. And no the show hosts aren't always agreeing. Morning show is part entertainment and part politics but the host is unbiased and always has on a republican and democrat representative (Dave Castle D. and Shane Thompsan R.) for all sides of the issues. Anyhow, host isn't a Donald fan but every caller seems to be. Glenn Beck and crew hate Trump but read the Trump articles on the blaze. Their audience mostly loves him. I don't listen enough lately to hear many callers on that show. Rush I haven't heard for a while but today Hannity had a couple callers call in in the few minutes I heard and give Hannity the third degree on his sort of negative trump comments from apparently the day before.

• Like 1

Trump has expressed the most outrageous comments of a potential Presidential candidate I have ever heard.

His problem? Extreme narcissism.

Point-blank.

• Like 1

I think the view a lot of folks have on Donald is simply why the hell not? That's what a few decades of unscrupulous politicians will do. The real politicians are almost always and as a rule just plain fake and untrustworthy. With Donald it seems to be all out in the open and at least you know who he is and what to judge him on. Perhaps we won't have to wonder what the 'true' intentions of a Trump administration are. A Trump presidency would not reflect well for Obamas legacy. He'd be seen as so bad that people said screw it all and elected Trump which I admit would be the laughable and logical first step towards the world of Idiocracy and President Hector Camacho. That doesn't neccesarily mean Trump would be terrible but it is funny to think about.

I think the view a lot of folks have on Donald is simply why the hell not? That's what a few decades of unscrupulous politicians will do. The real politicians are almost always and as a rule just plain fake and untrustworthy. With Donald it seems to be all out in the open and at least you know who he is and what to judge him on. Perhaps we won't have to wonder what the 'true' intentions of a Trump administration are. A Trump presidency would not reflect well for Obamas legacy. He'd be seen as so bad that people said screw it all and elected Trump which I admit would be the laughable and logical first step towards the world of Idiocracy and President Hector Camacho. That doesn't neccesarily mean Trump would be terrible but it is funny to think about.

Well, in my opinion, a Trump presidency would be a complete political disaster, both domestically and internationally.

Donald Trump speaks for the common man? The Donald Trump who boasts he's worth $10 BILLION? The Donald Trump who doesn't like losers? That Donald Trump?

Guess what? We've seen high poll numbers before. And then what happened?

http://www.nbcnews.c...leads-gop-pack/

http://www.cbsnews.c...t-cbs-nyt-poll/

http://www.csmonitor...ise-even-higher

I've always been amused by people who disparage the rich when any one of us would be glad to be one of them. We celebrate winners and turn away from losers. Just look at the millions of sports fans in this country. I wouldn't want to be going after the votes of the ones who like losers. In fact, I think part of Trump's appeal is because he is a winner. Ever since he began to rise in the polls all I've heard about him from the opposition is that he filed bankruptcy 4 times. But a brief look at his bio in Wikipedia lists enough accomplishments to make three men proud. Who would have guessed that he has a star on the Hollywood walk of Fame? Or a daily radio show? I've never paid him much attention other than being unable to avoid knowledge of him in a general way. I've never seen his TV show. But what I'm learning about him reveals a man who seems to succeed in many different areas. He's running against a field of rivals whose total accomplishments may not equal his. I wouldn't count him out just yet.

That doesn't neccesarily mean Trump would be terrible

Forget the voters for a second. Politicians have to work together (okay, forget the McConnell-Boehner congress and Obama, I'm talking as government entities they have to work together). Congress passes bills to create laws, the President signs those bills executing them, and the Supreme Court interprets those laws. That's how our government fundamentally works.

Turniphead is insulting everyone he'd have to work with, from members of his own party to foreign dignitaries. As much fun as it might be to verbally punch out a Congressman or Senator, guess what? You, as president, have to rely on those same people to get things done. If the president (any president, regardless of party) wants something passed through Congress, do you really think it's a good idea to poke people in the eye before wanting them to do what you'd like?

Turniphead can't just say, "Mr. Speaker....YOU'RE FIRED!" at the State of the Union address. It might work that way on his TV show, but try doing that in the real world of politics, and I guarantee the battle between McConnell/Boehner and Obama would look like a game of hopscotch by comparison.

• Like 1

I've always been amused by people who disparage the rich when any one of us would be glad to be one of them. We celebrate winners and turn away from losers. Just look at the millions of sports fans in this country. I wouldn't want to be going after the votes of the ones who like losers. In fact, I think part of Trump's appeal is because he is a winner. Ever since he began to rise in the polls all I've heard about him from the opposition is that he filed bankruptcy 4 times. But a brief look at his bio in Wikipedia lists enough accomplishments to make three men proud. Who would have guessed that he has a star on the Hollywood walk of Fame? Or a daily radio show? I've never paid him much attention other than being unable to avoid knowledge of him in a general way. I've never seen his TV show. But what I'm learning about him reveals a man who seems to succeed in many different areas. He's running against a field of rivals whose total accomplishments may not equal his. I wouldn't count him out just yet.

Americans also traditionally root for the underdog. That's not Turniphead Trump. A star on the H'wood Walk of Fame impressed me once upon a time. But those are bought and paid for through the Chamber of Commerce. People don't get them because they deserve them. Someone (usually a group) petitions the CofC, puts up $X, and agrees to shine and maintain the star. That's pretty much it.

Trump never declared personal bankruptcy, but that's because his businesses did it for him. He's on the wrong side of so many issues, it's hard to keep track. The wind farm in Scotland that would impede the view of his golf course? He lost. He had an airline that went belly up. A bike race (Tour de Trump) that didn't last.

Do you consider the McCain thing something that isn't politically correct?

Politics didn't have much to do with that statement of his I don't think, I view it more as a personal opinion that people will either hold against him or just not care about.

Forget the voters for a second. Politicians have to work together (okay, forget the McConnell-Boehner congress and Obama, I'm talking as government entities they have to work together). Congress passes bills to create laws, the President signs those bills executing them, and the Supreme Court interprets those laws. That's how our government fundamentally works.

Turniphead is insulting everyone he'd have to work with, from members of his own party to foreign dignitaries. As much fun as it might be to verbally punch out a Congressman or Senator, guess what? You, as president, have to rely on those same people to get things done. If the president (any president, regardless of party) wants something passed through Congress, do you really think it's a good idea to poke people in the eye before wanting them to do what you'd like?

Turniphead can't just say, "Mr. Speaker....YOU'RE FIRED!" at the State of the Union address. It might work that way on his TV show, but try doing that in the real world of politics, and I guarantee the battle between McConnell/Boehner and Obama would look like a game of hopscotch by comparison.

Leo the similarities between you and Trump in this post are strikingly similar to the very thing you're moaning about. Turniphead. Granted, you're not running for president but you share a similar personality trait, apparently.

More on topic though, there could be a silver lining to Trump's brash ways especially if he continues to gain steam. It may very well illustrate the boring, spineless, robotically manufactured ways of these typical lifelong politicians who will also have their own jobs on the line in 2016. Trump gaining steam could bring about a rash of anti-politicians with big personalities and straight shooting tactics gunning for senate seats. I can see it happening if it looks like Trumps ways become more popular. Basically, it could inspire many to aspire to places they've long been taught are not for them to aspire to and believe me when I say that the more upset and outspoken guys like you become about Trump the more fans you will bring about for Trump and similar personalities. It's folks like you that give him the most attention and headlines.

• Like 2

He does fight dirty though. Trump releases Lindsay Grahams personal phone number after Graham calls him a jackass. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/07/21/donald-trump-releases-lindsey-grahams-personal-phone-number-after-graham-said-trump-is-being-a-jacka/

See? The more you attack him the more attention he gets.

• Like 1

He does fight dirty though. Trump releases Lindsay Grahams personal phone number after Graham calls him a jackass. http://www.theblaze....-being-a-jacka/

See? The more you attack him the more attention he gets.

During the South Carolina campaign event, Trump held up a yellow piece of paper with Graham’s number.

“Give it a shot,” Trump said. “Your local politician, you know? He won’t fix anything but at least he’ll talk to you.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/07/21/donald-trump-releases-lindsey-grahams-personal-phone-number-after-graham-said-trump-is-being-a-jacka/

lol, he is right, thou.

• Like 2

I wonder...

Why is it that Trump, who has a now zero chance (and worse than his first run year's ago) keep trying?

What, does he think that money can buy him the nomination? Not a chance.

And, his own words have ruined him on the political arena.

So, what's his motive, when he knows he can't win?

A weird narcissistic "legacy" that he can say... "I've run twice for president"

Blah.

Trump, you're fired.

• Like 1

He's never ran before. He only got as far as an exploratory committee last time but didn't join the race.

• Like 1

I heard a plausible theory on one of the news shows that he's essentially looking for the GOP to buy him out. What exactly he wants, no one knows yet, but the idea is they'll offer him some sort of carrot to drop out of the race.I can believe that.

I wonder...

Why is it that Trump, who has a now zero chance (and worse than his first run year's ago) keep trying?

What, does he think that money can buy him the nomination? Not a chance.

And, his own words have ruined him on the political arena.

So, what's his motive, when he knows he can't win?

A weird narcissistic "legacy" that he can say... "I've run twice for president"

Blah.

Trump, you're fired.

Because a show of negative behavior and constant conflicts increases your ratings and the popularity of your name and therefore helps with introducing the next series of reality TV shows. What gets more of your attention? Negative constant bickering relations between certain people and groups or just lovey dovey positive feel good relations between certain people or groups?

Another hint as to what's going on, would anybody ever shoot themselves in the foot, by causing obvious controversy and attacking some of the mainstream conservative Republicans?