Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump Enters 2016 Presidential Race

aztek

"Gut her" for what? Doing what Fox News Channel has been doing since the day it opened? Maybe Trump hasn't figured out one of the most glaringly obvious things about Fox News of all, they're the action-intelligence arm of the Republican party. They get some puppet master on TV (e.g. AIPAC, ZOA, CUFI, PNAC, the Heritage Foundation or any high ranking official of the Israeli govt) and that's all it takes for the Neocon school of warfare and supporting the troops to repeat what they just heard en mass and eventually after everyone is saying the exact same pile of turd, the American voters believe it through process of repetition.

When Donald Trump comes to their house, and he can't answer the Party question correctly waggling his hand up in the air, FNC is going to unleash the Megyn on him which is what she's done a thousand times before for the exact same party protective reasons. Suddenly it's not fair because it's being done to our beloved billionaire we can't stop making excuses for?

Well we wanted to see where this would go. And here it went, blood coming out of Megyn Kelly's wherever.

• Like 1

...and I'll be interested in how he shakes out in the new polls after all this.

Let me guess the response here:

"Polls don't mean anything!"

Right?

Well speaking for myself, I never said polls don't mean anything or anything even resembling that.

That's usually the response I get. And based on that, there is no partisan talking points monopoly on polls either. Both sides of the aisle use the same facile arguments about what the other side thinks of polls or how the other side uses polls. Neither side likes the polls that show what they don't want to show and they both twist themselves into pretzels arguing around it.

• Like 1

Careful not to hurt yourself, patting yourself on the back there, Trump. Wow! He's leading in the polls? Against an entire clown car of clueless GOP clones...how impressive.

...and I'll be interested in how he shakes out in the new polls after all this.

Let me guess the response here:

"Polls don't mean anything!"

Right?

I've said polls don't mean anything, votes do. But I also think that it's inevitable that Trump will quit running. What I don't know is when....it could be before the end of this year, or by spring 2016. I don't think it'll be much past that, because it'll be too tough for him. He thought they weren't treating him fairly at the first debate? C'mon, that was a simple bleepin' debate for cryin' out loud! What are the consequences of losing that? Nothing. Put him in a room with Putin or someone else, and see how he whines about things being unfair.

How would Trump make the decision to send service people into combat to be killed? Is that fair?

Trump says we wouldn't be talking about immigration if it weren't for him. That may be, but there's a reason for it. Immigration isn't at the top of the list of most American's concerns. When push comes to shove, it's always going to be "The economy, stupid". And where's Trump going to be when the moderators talk about that? Is he only going to keep harping about immigration?

Take a look here: http://www.gallup.com/poll/1675/most-important-problem.aspx

July 8-12 2015, the most recent data in that chart. The economy in general is the most important problem facing the country today, according to 13% of the respondents. Foreign trade/trade deficit (Trump keeps blowing about how Mexico and China are kicking us in the ribs over trade) doesn't even rate 1%.

Now look at non-economic problems. Immigration/illegal aliens (Trump's # 1 choice on the Hit Parade): 7%. Almost twice as many respondents said the economy in general is more important than immigration.

He's alienating congressmen and senators, calling them stupid. That's okay, they're politicians, so they should have thick skins. Congress only has to work with the president, not vote for him.

But you know who will vote for the president? Women. Lots and lots of women. And Trump is being very, very good at alienating them. Even my wife, who doesn't really follow politics at all, says he's an idiot. I've told her not to worry, because he won't get far enough in the campaign to be elected. He won't survive the primaries, not that he'll get that far.

Looking closer at that gallup site, I find this:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/184193/racism-edges-again-important-problem.aspx?utm_source=position1&utm_medium=related&utm_campaign=tiles

The percentage of Americans naming race relations or racism as the most important problem facing the country increased to 9% this month, up from 3% in June. Mentions of race relations as a top problem have risen and fallen multiple times over the past seven months as racially charged events have dominated and then faded from the news cycle.

Believe it or not, that's a situation the next president will have to face, whether that person is Hillary, Bernie Sanders, Jeb Bush, Donald Trump, or the late Pat Paulsen.

What's Trump's solution? Build a wall to keep the brown people out. Okay, let's say that's successful (it would be in a comic book maybe, but not in the real world). What's his answer to the strife that's already here? What would he have done about Ferguson? The president is going to have to deal with that sort of thing, and while Trump has cojones when it comes to self-promotion, he's going to fall flat on his face when he's asked about these other issues.

^ I actually agree with most of that.

What's the world coming to?

No president should have had anything to do with Ferguson. That was a local matter and a state one at most. No president should have anything to do with Baltimore or Trayvon Martin or police acting stupidly in Massachusetts. Do you not see that this president has created, at least heavily encouraged, racial issues? Attorney generals should investigate voter intimidation no matter the color of the intimidator. It's horrid and if Hillary becomes president sexism will be pushed as the country's most imminent new problem. This crap is beneath the office.

• Like 2

^ I actually agree with most of that.

What's the world coming to?

I don't know.....something's wrong in the chrono-synclastic infundibulum.

No president should have had anything to do with Ferguson. That was a local matter and a state one at most. No president should have anything to do with Baltimore or Trayvon Martin or police acting stupidly in Massachusetts. Do you not see that this president has created, at least heavily encouraged, racial issues? Attorney generals should investigate voter intimidation no matter the color of the intimidator. It's horrid and if Hillary becomes president sexism will be pushed as the country's most imminent new problem. This crap is beneath the office.

You're right that it was a local matter, however, the president has a responsibility to lead.

But who exactly created the racial issues? Somehow, I think they were here long before Obama was born. Can you not see the obstructionism against him is based on his race?

Nitpick: It's "attorneys general," not "attorney generals". But I try to shy away from being grammarly pedantic. On the other hand, this was meant as a helping hand, not a criticism.

And I just found this:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-dropped-redstate-gathering-megyn-kelly-gop-debate-2015/

Referring to Kelly's questions during the debate, Trump said, "There was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever."

Erickson cited that remark in withdrawing Trump's invitation for Saturday.

"I just don't want someone on stage who gets a hostile question from a lady and his first inclination is to imply it was hormonal," Erickson wrote on the RedState website Friday night. "It just was wrong."

And the Trumpenfurter's response:

Trump's campaign responded: "This is just another example of weakness through being politically correct. For all of the people who were looking forward to Mr. Trump coming, we will miss you. Blame Erick Erickson, your weak and pathetic leader."

On the morning of the Red State conference, Donald Trump tweeted that "political correctness" was destroying America:

Go ahead, Trumpenator. Keep shooting yourself in the foot. We don't even have to keep handing you ammo, you're reloading just fine on your own.

I predict at some point in his life, maybe not this election cycle, but someday, Judge Trumpner will go literally insane.

You're right that it was a local matter, however, the president has a responsibility to lead.

But who exactly created the racial issues? Somehow, I think they were here long before Obama was born. Can you not see the obstructionism against him is based on his race?

Nitpick: It's "attorneys general," not "attorney generals". But I try to shy away from being grammarly pedantic. On the other hand, this was meant as a helping hand, not a criticism.

There was nothing to lead on with any of those things and they were all local matters.

I'd say the media in most instances. Him towing the line doesn't help matters. It's beneath the office and each time he's spoken on the issue he and the media have turned out to be wrong. Especially Ferguson. The full weight of the federal government couldn't find a civil rights violation.

I'll refrain. I know you can't help it.

Fox News, Bloomberg and CBS give Trump up 11% in the polls on the next best Republican Presidential Candidate (Bush). I mean, this guy is, by the true definition of the word(s), a red-neck racist. On top of that, being a billionaire, he has no concept whatsover of what low and middle class people go through in their daily endeavours. ON TOP OF THAT, he get's all fired up easily and shows lack of control quite often, which IMO, is essentially contrary to what an American President, sitting on top of the most powerful collection of Boats, Planes and Automobiles in the world (including nukes), should be. Any voter that remotely contemplates for a second putting this guy on the throne is either living in another reality, has a death wish or thinks they're playing naughts and crosses when voting.

• Like 2

We don't put anybody on a throne here.

No? isn't that what the President is? An analogy with the Wizzard of Oz might be appropriate; the figurehead on the throne, being manipulated from behind the curtain. And if the figure on the throne does try to show some individuality and go against what the powerful figures pulling the strings want, they have all sorts of ways they can overrule him. (Like how the Republicans closed down government because they disagreed with something Mr. O wanted). Or how the same republicanists threatened to simply revoke any deal that the same Mr. O might make with Iran, because that's what Israel* wants them to. At least the Trump (see above) is quite upfront about that, so maybe in that respect he is this much trumpeted Refreshingly Different.

* the prime String-Puller behind the scenes, of course

I'm not particularly Team Trump - but I think people are putting words into his mouth, with the whole "Blood coming out of her wherever" thing, and interpreting "wherever" to mean what they want it to mean.

• Like 2

You mean he might just have been suggesting that she was so incandescent with rage she was spitting blood? well, perhaps. :unsure:

Edited by Norbert the Incredible

You mean he might just have been suggesting that she was so incandescent with rage she was spitting blood? well, perhaps. :unsure:

According to his Twitter feed, he said he had meant to say Nose, but just skipped to the main thrust of his sentence instead.

Given that the phrase reportedly began "You could see" - I'm guessing that unless The Donald has a secret pair of X-ray Contacts, that would limit the possibilities to the externally visible only.

• Like 1

I think people are putting words into his mouth, with the whole "Blood coming out of her wherever" thing, and interpreting "wherever" to mean what they want it to mean.

Do you have any examples of these people? I can't see what the point of interpreting those words would even be, but if we discuss interpretation here you'll be first in sharing yours.

In the link I provided I think the overall message and what he meant was perfectly clear. That would be "gutting her" I reckon.

According to his Twitter feed, he said he had meant to say Nose, but just skipped to the main thrust of his sentence instead.

Given that the phrase reportedly began "You could see" - I'm guessing that unless The Donald has a secret pair of X-ray Contacts, that would limit the possibilities to the externally visible only.

he seems to have a habit of doing that, missing crucial words out that he meant to say.

So let's take his word for it, he meant to say nose. Doesn't change what I think of it one bit. It was a small part of a much larger smear job probably worth a lawsuit, and his "blood" comment would have been disgusting even if he didn't say it twice.

The Trump, some time in the future: "Mr. Putin, you're a bloodthirsty tyrant who wants to trample Europe under your iron heel and the civilized nations of the world will have no choice but to stop you any way it takes."

The Trump's twitter feed, later: What the great man meant to say was "Some warmongering zealots say that you're a bloodthirsty tyrant... I personally disagree wholeheartedly, and believe you're a distinguished statesman with whom it would be my privilege to do busienss. Only I inadvertently missed those bits out in the speech that went out,it's easily done."

Do you have any examples of these people? I can't see what the point of interpreting those words would even be, but if we discuss interpretation here you'll be first in sharing yours.

I wasn't particularly referring to posters here. More like Erickson, for example:

Erickson cited that remark in withdrawing Trump's invitation for Saturday.

"I just don't want someone on stage who gets a hostile question from a lady and his first inclination is to imply it was hormonal," Erickson wrote on the RedState website Friday night. "It just was wrong."

who's appearing to claim that the blood was a reference to her being on her period - as is the Telegraph, the Guardian, and presumably all of his competitors who are classifying it as an attack on ALL women - such as Jeb Bush, here.

• Like 1

And the whole attitude is confirming my suspicion, Trump did not enter the race to run for anything but to throw a big wrench into the Rep machinery. What more evidence do you need than him offending the two groups the Reps most need to win: Hispanics and Women?

Edited by questionmark

I just youtubed the full CNN Don Lemon interview with Trump and minutes after he said the following about Chris Wallace:

"Believe me there's a big difference between Mike Wallace and Chris Wallace. Because I watched him last night and, you know, blood pouring out of his eyes, too."

I really don't know what to believe. Trumps a great talker. He speaks quickly and to the point. The media could very well be extremely over reacting or Trump could be part and parcel in with the whole scheme. I pointed out early when he entered the race and was fired by NBC and Univision(both who are hosting R primary debates) that he cannot be employed by them and then appear on stage taking questions from co-workers. Huge conflict of interest.

COLLECTIVISTS 3 main division issues in no particular order are:

-Racial division

-Sexual division

-Religious division

Let's see..... so far:

[RACIAL DIVISION] he's been fired by a trusted media corporation(NBC -also hosting 2 GOP primary debates) for his immigration rants on mexicans... who he supposedly hates when we're told employs thousands of them

and,

[sEXUAL DIVISION] he's been accused of inappropriate comments by referencing a trusted media(LOL) female pundits' menstrual cycle... like it somehow or in anyway even remotely matters if he did............... never forget, women are victims.... especially unequal-paid female moderator host of a prime time FOX evening program Megan Kelly.

[RELIGIOUS DIVISION] T.B.A

Edited by acidhead