Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Donald Trump Enters 2016 Presidential Race

aztek

Aah, you read it here first, folks.

Assuming Clinton wins the Democratic nomination, Trump will nominate Sanders as his running mate.

There, I've said it.

ETA: Here's the logic.

1. Trump is rational, and he wants to be President.

2. Trump knows the Republican Party is currently divided about him being the Republican candidate. If the Republicans are divided going into the election, they lose, and he doesn't becomes President.

3. It therefore stands to reason he has a plan to ensure both his nomination and victory. Such a plan must involve uniting the Republicans and dividing the Democrats.

4. So, once it becomes clear that Sanders won't be the Democrat candidate, Trump woos him on the quiet, asking him to name his own price.

5. At the RNC, the other Republican candidates are asked to stand aside, Trump is endorsed unanimously, and at the convention announces Sanders will be his running mate.

6. The shock factor divides the Democrats as expected, with the DNC overshadowed as well the following week.

7. With a large portion of Democrat voters attracted by Sanders's Vice Presidency, Trump wins the election easily.

8. Who knows what happens next...

Edited by Peter B
  • Like 1

Assuming Clinton wins the Democratic nomination, Trump will nominate Sanders as his running mate.

There, I've said it.

Does that mean Hillary will try and grab more moderate conservatives by having Carson as V.P.?

Does that mean Hillary will try and grab more moderate conservatives by having Carson as V.P.?

Good question.

Presumably given how strong Clinton's support is in the black community she may prefer someone to shore up the Latino vote. Julian Castro's been mentioned, but...

Hillary will need someone not unlike the likes of a Megamind ~

~

~

Allright, these were the points I made:

A - the Trump supporters - with their T shirts, signs and general cultish disposition - are behaving like fanboys, WWF crowd (youll notice; no link to fascism here);

Yeah, not sure where I got that word fascism into the mix. Oh wait, it was right there in what you posted.

B - this scene seemed to be positioned as rightfully acting against the 'evil protesters' (again, no link to fascism);

C - Stating Trump made 'an immediate decision, perhaps against his own political interests, for the safety of his supporters'.. in turn inciting 'respect'.. would be an unfathomly naive statement (still no link to fascism);

D - supporting Trump and his xenophobe, populist, fascist rehtoric would fit the 'facilitating fascism' category quite nicely (and there it is; strong link to fascism).

You seem very upset that I mentioned you comparing Trump fans to fascists but the big problem with your protests is that that is exactly what you did. I didn't insert that word, I merely quoted it.

You do realize I needed three posts to make these very simple and rather straightforward points clear to you. You can disagree with them, no problem. But at least try to not misconstrue the hell out of what was forwarded.

Yeas, you are brilliant phaeton. Let's all bow to phaeton, the genius, who through three posts has vainly tried to take back what he said because, as I initially stated, it was a grossly stupid thing to put into writing, especially when wearing t-shirts and waving posters is what political rallies have been all about for many decades.

Folks, one lesson to learn from Phaeton's many whiny posts is that a left-wing man-child is incapable of admitting they made a mistake. They will argue endlessly that you are an idiot fro reading what they wrote and not understanding that what they wrote isn't what they wrote. Makes no sense does it but then again, believing in progressive ideology means you have given up on rational thought anyways doesn't it? Mix in a big dollop of hubris with a sprinkling of sanctimony and you have phaeton and his ilk.

• Like 2

Yeah sure sanders could be bought by Trump...lol.. I know in Trumps world everything can be bought with money, so maybe it would be a good lesson for him to be rejected by Sanders. ( but as the logic suggests Trump would never ask Sanders)

There, I've said it.

ETA: Here's the logic.

1. Trump is rational, and he wants to be President.

2. Trump knows the Republican Party is currently divided about him being the Republican candidate. If the Republicans are divided going into the election, they lose, and he doesn't becomes President.

3. It therefore stands to reason he has a plan to ensure both his nomination and victory. Such a plan must involve uniting the Republicans and dividing the Democrats.

4. So, once it becomes clear that Sanders won't be the Democrat candidate, Trump woos him on the quiet, asking him to name his own price.

5. At the RNC, the other Republican candidates are asked to stand aside, Trump is endorsed unanimously, and at the convention announces Sanders will be his running mate.

6. The shock factor divides the Democrats as expected, with the DNC overshadowed as well the following week.

7. With a large portion of Democrat voters attracted by Sanders's Vice Presidency, Trump wins the election easily.

8. Who knows what happens next...

10 points for devious thinking. That'd be a good candidate for this thread. Looking for good Conspiracies

My opinion? Americans should protest/hackle the hell out of every rally, from every candidate in the present line up. They should be hackling not against any specific candidate, not for any specific candidate.. but against the system. They should fight to regain, reinstate a government by and for The People, fight for the United States of America. Or lose her indefinitely.. if she is not lost already.

I believe this is exactly what motivates Trump's supporters.

There, I've said it

Sounds like the plot of "The Odd Couple: In the White House"

• Like 1

He would need a running mate actually willing to accept the position. Jesse Ventura was a plausible prospect until Donald Trump started polluting the country with his lust for war crimes. What he needs to make America Great Again is a woman.

askrudy1.jpg

No, no, no, not another half gay Republican still in the closet, a real woman!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/08/31/article-1210215-063DD89B000005DC-742_468x439.jpg

There we go, there's someone who, like his daughter Ivanka, is someone Donald'd want to have sex with. Hilton's in the exact same business of hotels, luxury, self promotion and name branding, a fabulous resume for any President, and she runs circles around him at it. She would actually provide some real business acumen to the ticket. Nobody's going to accuse her of underperforming the S&P 500. And she has a real vuhjayjay just like Hillary, an important consideration for many D's that could steal their votes in the general election.

Butters confirmed this on South Park, it's so soft and squishy. But who's that other guy?

Just a serial child rapist sentenced to 59 years in prison, so don't you worry about him, Trumpfans®; Oh sure, you'll retort that Donald's just in the wrong place at the wrong time again, that he isn't a rapist himself, that his daughter changing her religion to marry the son of another convict was just an oversight, that Rudy Giuliani made New York City Great Again, that his son killed an unendangered elephant, whatever the ignorance plus nonsense it takes.

• Like 1

"They should fight to regain, reinstate a government by and for The People, fight for the United States of America. Or lose her indefinitely.. if she is not lost already."

I believe this is exactly what motivates Trump's supporters.

And I believe that is exactly Trump's function. Positioning himself to attract, and consequently misdirect this massive anti establishment undercurrent that seems to be growing within US society. Thereby in effect defusing this possible threat to status quo, establishment. Controlled opposition.

This template / tactic seems to be employed in Europe as well. In my country its Geert Wilders whos more or less the Dutch Trump, promoting a lot of logical, often anti establishment / pro 'The People' points.. wrapped around a very disconcertingly fascist, xenophobe - almost ideological - core.

Another example of how polite and restrained Hillary supporters are: http://www.salon.com/2016/03/14/hillary_will_never_survive_the_trump_onslaught_its_not_fair_but_it_makes_her_a_weak_nominee/

So one again, poor Hillary is just too nice to withstand the nasty bully, with this unprecedented media campaign against her. :(

And Isn't that such a nice change from the nasty abuse that Trump supporters always hurl? No juvenile insults there at all. :unsure:

• Like 4

Another example of how polite and restrained Hillary supporters are: http://www.salon.com...a_weak_nominee/

So one again, poor Hillary is just too nice to withstand the nasty bully, with this unprecedented media campaign against her. :(

And Isn't that such a nice change from the nasty abuse that Trump supporters always hurl? No juvenile insults there at all. :unsure:

The article takes spin to a whole new velocity. Apparently Hillary has been home baking cookies for the last 20 years. According to the author, nothing that she has done, or reportedly done, has ever happened. It's all been made up by those nasty right wingers.
  • Like 3

The article takes spin to a whole new velocity. Apparently Hillary has been home baking cookies for the last 20 years. According to the author, nothing that she has done, or reportedly done, has ever happened. It's all been made up by those nasty right wingers.

laces out!

Another example of how polite and restrained Hillary supporters are: http://www.salon.com/2016/03/14/hillary_will_never_survive_the_trump_onslaught_its_not_fair_but_it_makes_her_a_weak_nominee/

Ohh blurg.

So according to them, ignore all the negative press, Hilary is a nice person.

• Like 2

Otto and others haven't figured out yet that Trump's pathetic childish behavior is going to make Hillary Clinton the next President. How anti-Clinton is that? That's a question fit for Trump supporters and critics alike.

If a candidate's supporters are indistinguishable from their candidate, then Donald Trump = the KKK. Only in Stupidville, Partisanland.*

*return to sender

• Like 1

Otto and others haven't figured out yet that Trump's pathetic childish behavior is going to make Hillary Clinton the next President. How anti-Clinton is that? That's a question fit for Trump supporters and critics alike.

If a candidate's supporters are indistinguishable from their candidate, then Donald Trump = the KKK. Only in Stupidville, Partisanland.*

*return to sender

To be fair Yam nobody stood a chance vs her. Cruz, Rubio, Carson, Kaish... Fiorina?

I've been looking over the realclearpolitcs.com website that keeps a tracker on both the Ds and Rs primaries and caucuses. It tracks the delagate count... the popular vote count among other stats. It's interesting to look at. Im not sure how accurate it is to look at in comparing these numbers to the actual election in November but it is interesting anyhow.

On the popular vote:

Rs have approx. 18 million total among all candidates turnout so far after tonight

Trump has 7.3 million, Cruz 5.3 million, Rubio 3.3 million, Kaish 2.5 million, Carson 670 thousand

Ds have approx. 13 million total among two candidates

Clinton has 8.3 million and Sanders 5.8 million

The Rs are killing the Ds in the popular vote

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1

I hope Kasich drops out soon... I'm having a difficult time remembering how to spell his name

• Like 2

The Rs are killing the Ds in the popular vote

Do you really think that democrats will stay home in droves come the actual election, especially if Trump is the nominee?

More republicans than democrats are voting now in the primary/caucuses because it was a more open field.