Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this proof of life on Mars? Methane

seeder

Is this proof of life on Mars? Methane extracted from Martian rock could be a food source for organisms on the red planet

Research led by University of Aberdeen studied Martian meteorites

The scientists found that they all contained methane

This could have been used by simple organisms on the red planet

It suggests that life could survive under the surface of Mars

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3126853/Is-proof-life-Mars-Methane-extracted-Martian-rock-food-source-simple-organisms-red-planet.html#ixzz3dGnrMwvl

• Like 1

Methane gas could be the culprit of why Mars lost all life, since Mars has the biggest volcano in our solar system.

Edited by docyabut2

Y cant they stop putting these articles if its again about microbes?!

Y cant they stop putting these articles if its again about microbes?!

While giant Sandworms would be neat, I'm afraid microbes are the most likely culprit for life on Mars and it would be pretty exciting to find them. If they prove to be totally unrelated to any life on Earth it will be VERY exciting.

• Like 1

Methane gas could be the culprit of why Mars lost all life, since Mars has the biggest volcano in our solar system.

microbes may be tiny but its still life

While giant Sandworms would be neat, I'm afraid microbes are the most likely culprit for life on Mars and it would be pretty exciting to find them. If they prove to be totally unrelated to any life on Earth it will be VERY exciting.

U mean seeing nothing is exciting?

I still say we are what's let of life on Mars so I hope we find microbes that are here as well. After we use up the Earth, next stop Venus, provide the atmosphere evl;ives into something we can breathe.

Am I having déjà vu, or is has this been news before?

It's the later. http://www.jpl.nasa....hp?feature=4413

Why not recycle news articles with updates. TV/Movie plots do that allt he time. I have a friend that's an English major/writer. He claims there are only 7 story plots. It's what you do with them that's the difference.

So you have never looked under a microscope? It's not lions and tigers and bears, but it's a jungle in its own right.

and this is what i have been saying always...

microbes are not nothing, and finding proof of microbial life on another planet would be beyond exciting.