Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Still Waters

Californians have been capturing bizarre footage of tens of thousands of tiny red crabs that have been washing up on Orange County beaches.

Tiny tuna crabs have been beaching themselves on Southern California shores in unprecedented numbers.

Marine Safety Lt. Michael Beuerlein told the Laguna Beach Coastline Pilot that he had never seen an occurrence like it in his 34 years with the city.

http://www.telegraph...rnia-beach.html

• Like 2

Water temperature increasing huh? Who saw this coming... Hello 500 and t minus counting down of "Climate Chaos". :/

They are trying to escape a Fukushima radiation plume, I'm sure.

That was actually the first thing that came to my mind, but who knows??

• Like 1

we're doomed. we sold our kids and grandchildren for money

we're doomed. we sold our kids and grandchildren for money

You've lost me on that one qx.....what do beached crabs have to do with selling the kids and grandkids ?

It might have something to do with ocean temperatures changing.

Or it may be some kind of natural cycle of the crustaceans.

However, what I did find rather disturbing - were the people who took home bucket loads of these crabs to eat ?

What if these crabs became sick from some kind of toxic element in the waters ?

Why on earth would anyone pick up any kind of sick and dying sea creature off the beach to eat :cry:

• Like 1

(useless comment by me) Not like it matters at all, but they look more like a prawn or something of the Lobster family...just saying...ANYWAY, carry on.

An afterthought, it happens to cetaceans, cuttlefish etc... (neither of which are "slow" animals) perhaps they just took a wrong turn at Albuquerque? :td: It could happen.

Edited by SD455GTO

The answer to this is simple you peed in the river.

No seriously though could that volcano that is erupting 100 or so miles off the Oregon coast have anything to do with it? I'll bet that it has something to do with the faults and escaping gases.

Edited by cerberusxp

Even though you have no proof of your claim this is common knowledge,liek zomgz intrawebz xD

Proof of what claim? I didn't make any claim, I simply posted an article related to conditions in the Pacific as part of this discussion. But I suspect you're just trying to bait an argument by being rude and you don't really have anything to say on the topic.