Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Area 51 and extra-terrestrial life both exist

Still Waters

That's cool Badeskov.

Science. What a country! No, wait, that's not right. Science - it belongs to everyone. Better, but doesn't have the right ring to it.

That's why I'm not in marketing. Anyway, that shows that everyone, no matter how small a country, relatively speaking, can make contributions to science. :)

That's cool Badeskov.

Science. What a country! No, wait, that's not right. Science - it belongs to everyone. Better, but doesn't have the right ring to it.

That's why I'm not in marketing. Anyway, that shows that everyone, no matter how small a country, relatively speaking, can make contributions to science. :)

Science is indeed for everyone! No matter how big or how small. And get a bunch of scientists in a room discussing a given topic, you will not be able to tell that they are from different countries except from their accents. They will be eagerly diving into the topic at hand.

Cheers,

badeskov

• Like 1

Exactly right. My father was a noted (in his field, not a household name) professor. He often entertained colleagues from different countries, and I was lucky enough to have met professors from Estonia, Japan, and a host of other countries. While of course I couldn't talk shop with them, I did sometimes overhear the discussions with my father (way over my head, naturally).

When I was a kid, I was also lucky enough to travel all over Europe. Dad took my family to his conferences, and we heard his speeches, and met a lot of dignitaries from around the world. What an education that was!

Exactly right. My father was a noted (in his field, not a household name) professor. He often entertained colleagues from different countries, and I was lucky enough to have met professors from Estonia, Japan, and a host of other countries. While of course I couldn't talk shop with them, I did sometimes overhear the discussions with my father (way over my head, naturally).

When I was a kid, I was also lucky enough to travel all over Europe. Dad took my family to his conferences, and we heard his speeches, and met a lot of dignitaries from around the world. What an education that was!

That is a great education. I have seen very few children at the conferences I was attending and giving speeches at, but I guess times change, now mom comes along and go shopping and the kids get to enjoy new surroundings :unsure2:

Cheers,

Badeskov

No worries, Leo. DTU Space is a fairly new institution at DTU (or, internationally know as TUD - Technical University of Denmark). It was established in 2007 ( I moved to the US in 2001, but know a few folks there as even though it was not established when I got my degree, but I was a few buildings away from where it is now and know a few folks there), not from scratch, but from assimilating different and diversely located space exploration activities that dated back to the 1960's.

They are too small for independent missions in space, but specialize in magnetic and optical sensors for international missions.Here is an example of an upcoming mission they are in on, but they have been on numerous previous missions with their gear. Again, they are a small entity and so are their contributions, but personally I find them pretty amazing given their size and funding. Maybe personal bias a bit ;-)

Cheers,

Badeskov

Its a small world. I wen't to Lyngby Handelskole (business school), which is just on the other side of the road from DTU.

Serious question, because I honestly don't know, and would like to. Would you name some? That's not snark, or sarcasm, and I don't doubt it, but I'd like to be educated. Thanks.

http://www.space.dtu.dk/english

Much of Denmarks space research is done through ESA and private companies. The Danish company Terma has a large space research department and have provided the power systems of spacecrafts such as Rosetta, Mars Express and BepiColombo.

Later this year we are going to get our first astronaut, ESA's Andres Mogensen.

On a lighter note NASA's Juno spacecraft is carrying three Lego figurines. :P

• Like 1

Its a small world. I wen't to Lyngby Handelskole (business school), which is just on the other side of the road from DTU.

Much of Denmarks space research is done through ESA and private companies. The Danish company Terma has a large space research department and have provided the power systems of spacecrafts such as Rosetta, Mars Express and BepiColombo.

It is indeed a small world. Spent my time on EMI (Electromagnetics Institute) and then COM (Center for Optical Communications) at DTU first as a student and then a researcher before moving over the pond. "Postgaardens Chili Con Carne", good stuff....

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov

Thanks for the link. :)

I'm glad that gone are the days when only the Americans and Soviets went into space. If anyone "owns" it, it's all of us.

Maybe not there, but dulce base does.

Dulce? In what way does Dulce add anything whatsoever? I hope you are not alluding to the fantastic claims of aliens there which have no ties to objective reality whatsoever, but are merely the inflated figments of some very active imaginations.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

Where did the Dulce base rumours even come from??

Not denying its existence just curious

I thought it was run on a need to know basis, that and the knowledge of backward engineering :alien:

Great all I need is your bank account info your social security number and your first born child....

Ohh... there's a problem with all 3 of those stipulations. Number 1 I don't use banks so number 2 won't be much use to you and I don't want to push the attitude that comes with number 3 on anybody

• Like 1

Fine I will settle for a Xl pizza from papajohns.

Now excuse me I must research this dulce base

Where did the Dulce base rumours even come from??

Not denying its existence just curious

Paul Bennewitz.

Secret underground Alien base told by a UFO conspiracy nut.

Does it even need denying?

• Like 1

Quite the Desert those "Dulce`s" Some Ice Cream on them and a sprinkle of Crunchies ! Wham0OOO !

why should area 51 be a secret? .. we all have a right to know what on earth is in there and what they are upto. whats in there that's so great to be a secret ?? let the public see I say :)

why should area 51 be a secret? .. we all have a right to know what on earth is in there and what they are upto. whats in there that's so great to be a secret ?? let the public see I say :)

Hmmm well because it's been improving military technology since it was opened. Does every person around the world need to know the US secrets? Unless you're a military personel or are somewhat important to the research then I see no reason you should be privy.

• Like 3

If the average citizen is privy to military and/or government secrets then any enemy state is as well. In the interest of national security keeping secrets, even from ordinary citizens these secrets are designed to protect, are necessary.

• Like 4

Silly Rabbits ! THey build all the Top Secret weapons right out in the open! Like ever think how many births we have each day on this Planet? Its All being used as a weapon ,soon against us ! Its Call "Alien Plan10 THe Extinction" :gun:

If a person in his position said they had a ship and an alien at area 54, it would be considered proof by some. Since he says there is nothing, it is considered BS by some.

• Like 3

Extra-terrestrial life does exist, the head of Nasa has confirmed, but said aliens were not hidden in Area 51.

Nasa Administrator Major Charles Bolden told British schoolchildren that he was confident that scientists would find life outside of Earth because there were so many planets that are similar to our own.

http://www.telegraph...ad-of-Nasa.html

The best liars have a bit of truth in them. Seems like he's admitting to the obvious to try to cover up the big secret. (Even though I don't believe there are aliens at Area 51, it's an odd statement to make).

The best liars have a bit of truth in them. Seems like he's admitting to the obvious to try to cover up the big secret. (Even though I don't believe there are aliens at Area 51, it's an odd statement to make).

This is a bizarre statement. You condemn the man for speaking what you already believe. Why?

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1