Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mayan Predictions

_hAiLO_

Computers eh? Just like we were told by "scientists" that Y2K would cause massive computer errors?

Heh heh.

In any case, people have been predicting the end of the world for as long as history can account for. What makes 2012 different, is that we will live to see it. I lived through the "end of the world" in 1982 when all the planets were in alignment, and the gravity was supposedly going to destroy us. I'll live through 2012 probably too.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• marduk

• Meiliken

• airstreamjock

• Tann de Mae

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have no clue when the world is going to come to an end. But if it happens like it says in the bible with angels and all that then I want to be here when it happens. I think it would be one of those things that would terrify you but at the same time put you in awe.

In any case, people have been predicting the end of the world for as long as history can account for. What makes 2012 different, is that we will live to see it. I lived through the "end of the world" in 1982 when all the planets were in alignment, and the gravity was supposedly going to destroy us. I'll live through 2012 probably too.

381205[/snapback]

Was that a possibility blink.gif ?!?! Wow...the gravity of the planets combined, that would have been cool...

About the discussion of the poles changing, i've heard that the birds will fly the wrong way in migration season crying.gif . Fly straight into the winter storm...

---topic---

Even though the Mayan Predictions are still unsolved, do you believe that their pyramids did contain 365 steps? Thats one of the only clues that they studied astronomy...very interesting they are.

Pyramids of Egypt are no different. I think that the sides of the pyramids are almost completely parallel to each other and to North, South, East and West. I don't know, just things I watch in the Discovery/History Channel...

Computers eh? Just like we were told by "scientists" that Y2K would cause massive computer errors?

Heh heh.

381205[/snapback]

Scientist? I never heard this. I got all my Y2K info from the tabloids and nutcase militia men, self proclaimed survivalist, and other nuts. Any scientist (or person for that matter) in his right mind new that Y2K could never occur due to the simple fact that computers do not think. They simply input and process information.

Hey, i'm gonna talk about the Mayan Predictions here and how accurate they were. The Mayan were an ancient native civilization in modern day South Mexico, Belize, and Nicarugua, somewhere in the Yucatan Peninsula. They were an awesome civilization that were very devoted to astrology.

user posted image(give you a sense of Maya grin2.gif )

They've built pyramids. Some of the pyramids have been known to be Mayan Calenders and have 365 steps. The Pyramids are postioned as exact so that the Maya were able to know precisly when the Winter Equinox would start and when it would end known as the Spring Equinox through the shadow of the pyramids, therefore marking the lonest/shortest day in the year.

user posted image

The Mayan year was more accurate and unique. Their calender consisted of a 260-day religous calender, twenty 30-day months witha seperate 5 days at the end. The prexise calenders were based upon careful observation of the planets, sun, and mooon. Fir example, the Maya stronomers calbulated that a year contained 365.2420 days. Scientists now know that the year was .0002 of a day too short! -'World History: Perspectives on the Past'

They have also predicted when the moon will rise and set and when it will be full moon. Scientists have known the precise moonrises and sets throught-out the modern day. When they studied the Mayan records of when the moonrise and moonsets would occure, scientists figured that the Mayan were 33 seconds off the actual time!!

The Maya predicted these using their calender, usually a set of gears.

user posted image

They had many predictions, and here was one of them:

--Great Birds will come from the sky and end a great city to the north at 9/11/01.

Fact: 2 airplanes(birds) struck the twin towers of NewYork(great city), a city to the north.

user posted image"Great Birds from the sky..."

Heres another one:

--The End of the World will be marked at Sunday December 23, 2012.

Fact: There have been stories in the bible about the 40-day flood that ended the world, stories that the world ended and humans would rise again. You think this will happen in 2012?

----lol, I learned most of this from my history class and a movie that was completely made by scientists and very modern looking, and no its not propaganda. So what do you think? Will the world end in 2012? New York sure was struck in 2001 by giant birds. What are the chances of the world ending?

(sorry if it was too long)

380230[/snapback]

/////////////////////

Getting past the Gist of the Fruit Salad, Guy ...

The Mayan Calendar relates NOT to the END OF THE WORLD -- but a transition that exists when our planetary system - Solar System if you will - ALIGNS CENTRAL to the GALAXY CORE. It is a transition of sorts -- where we could shed our MATERIALISTIC SKINS and view the Universe as it is.

There is an obscure reference to "HUNAB KU" -

[H/W: http://fusionanomaly.net/hunabku.html ]

which is selective in its version - but the GIST is also obscure in the REAL MEANING of the END of the Mayan Calendar. So little we know .... being so materialistic in our view of the Universe (even going so far as to try to measure its very length!).

The "hidden" meaning to many a Myth -- and the measured symbols on the standard deck of the Tarot Cards -- ALL SYMBOLIC.

But match up the ever complex symbols, myths and shattered glyphs from countless ruins scattered throughout the world and you may find a "pattern", which is SO OFTEN OVERLOOKED in conventionality .. like trying to hide a "secret" in the open. It is VERY EFFECTIVE!! ONLY the ignorant try to destroy the obvious - shattered in their closely guarded beliefs - selfish and intent on denying others a path to the TOTAL FREEDOM of knowing the real guarded secrets of the Universe.

The "END" of the World - as so many believe will happen .. is the END of the DARK AGES of conventional thought which traps us into a perpetual nightmare of limited thinking. The MATERIALISTIC leanings which bog us down against the REAL understanding the REAL purpose of our existance, a SPIRITUAL and METAPHYSICAL transition that only a few know of and were, indeed, prepared for [such as the Elders of Atlantis before the "seven" succumbed to the waves of the Atlantic].

It is NOT an end .. it is a BEGINNING of a New Age -- and those with a closed mind will perish readily because the "TRUTHS" so long hidden -- will avail. And there will no longer be excuses for "coverups" and ALTERNATIVE [Historically "Correct" ] History..

OK -- simply put .....

December 23-24 (I believe) 2012 is a TRANSITION of our Planetary system into a TRUE ALIGNMENT with the CORE of our Galaxy ... allowing a FULL blessing of the Cosmic 'ALL KNOWING' [if you will] .. and many changes WILL occur. BUT NOT as many would think!

WE ARE - in fact - in a transition of an age. Our current age of MATERIALISTIC HUMANKIND will be REPLACED ... simply put.

The Mayans KNEW! But from whom??

And maybe now the 'Crop Circles' are kind of gentle reminders??

Just a thought! Just a simple thought .... and I bid my farewell for the evening!

From the Gryphon's Lair

Edited by gryphon_2005

THERE IS NO ILLUMINATI. THERE NEVER WAS. THERE NEVER WILL BE. IF ALL OF YOU WERE TO SPEND YOUR FREE TIME ON OTHER THINGS LIKE STUDYING OR GETTING GIRLFRIENDS MAYBE YOU WOULD ALL HAVE LIFES. I HAVE A LIFE. IM NOT A ILLUMINATI DUDE AND NONE OF YOU ARE EITHER. WHEN I SAY STOP THINKING ABOUT IT I MEAN ITS NOT REAL SO STOP WASTING YOU TIME. IM NOT TRYING TO TRICK YOU. IM TRYING TO HELP ALL OF YOU. BESIDES IF THERE WAS AN ILLUMINATI, WHICH IM NOT SAY THAT THERE IS, IF THERE WAS ONE WHY WOULD IT MATTER. THE WORLD ISNT ANY DIFFEENT THAN IT WAS 1000 YEARS AGO, PEOPLE ARE DIEING, SOME PEOPLE HAVE MONEY, AND OTHERS DONT. ITS BECAUSE OF GAMES LIKE DUES EX (WHICH IS A PREETY COOL GAME BESIDES ITS HISTORICAL INACURACIES0 THAT GOOD PEOPLE LIKE ALL OF YOU GET TURNED INTO PARANOID FREAKS. DONT WASTE YOUR LIFES. ITS NOT WORTH IT.

380871[/snapback]

Lol, you may think its false, but thats your belief rolleyes.gif . I don't believe in it to, but then again, the Mayan Year was off .0002 days.

Its not my decision, but yours to wether believe in the Mayans or not. But I just want to present this information, true or false, and see what people have to say. There was no real evidence that this was true, but on written hyroglyphs...

...neither do you have evidence that its false tongue.gif .

all those 'facts' you posted are false

380591[/snapback]

Could be...

380994[/snapback]

there is proof that what you say is false. no archeologist ever claimed that 2 birds would attack a great city and you probably read about it on the net. ask a archeologist about what the mayans predicted and stuf they know about it. no archeologist ever said that the world is going to end in 2012. ask around

If you are going to reference the Bible, at least get it right. God said that he will never again destroy the world with a flood, like he did long ago.

381141[/snapback]

////////////////////

Maybe NOT a flood (but he left it open for OTHER MEANS didn't "he"?).

When the Poles shift (and they will very soon) - the tectonic PLATES will collide and the EARTHQUAKES will do what a flood will not have to!

There was NO MENTION of NOT DESTROYING THE WORLD -- just ONE METHOD of how it would be done. Please consider that!

From the Gryphon's Lair

The last pole reversal, if memory serves, was approximately 100,000 years ago, which puts us 40,000 years overdue for one.  You may relax, however.  There isn't a single mass extinction event that coincides with a pole reversal.  Whatever the effects are, we are well adapted to survive them; in point of fact, chances are good that we wouldn't even notice if we didn't have the machines telling us North is now South.

381151[/snapback]

//////////

There were also MINOR Pole Shifts - the last one may have occurred approximately 11,600 years ago (the rapid changing of the Ice Age) ... we can count on one again - very soon ... and you can accredit MANY ancient civilizations who were almost fanatical in their desire to have WORLDLY CALENDARS to predict the next shift ...

But again -- that is just my opinion Giys!

From the Gryphon's Lair

For starters, someone's feeding you strange infor for a history class.  There is nothing to surprising about the calender; heck the Mayans were not the first people to figure out celestial movement with great accuracy, nor were they the last.  The two birds striking the great city is indeed bunk, and I suggest you verify something like that by checking out its source prior to believing it.  The forty-day flood has been shown not to have happened in anywhere near the scale the bible talks about.  The only reference other than the end-of-world nonsense people like to talk about concerning the 2012 date on the Mayan calender is not, in fact, the end of the world, but rather the beginning of a new cycle, in much the same way that my calender ends on January 30.  It doesn't signify that I need to prepare for the end, it signifies that this calender has run out and I need to buy a new one.

380232[/snapback]

not at the scale of today! in the bible Noah may have believed that the lands they were on were the world then you never know....It is believed that there was a flood that destroyed the area he lived in and he perhaps thought therefore that it flooded the world a.k.a the only known world at that time. maybe the flood carried the boat out into the middle of a lake and not being able to see the land he thought the world was flooded?

-Marth

Edited by MarthMadness54

For starters, someone's feeding you strange infor for a history class.  There is nothing to surprising about the calender; heck the Mayans were not the first people to figure out celestial movement with great accuracy, nor were they the last.  The two birds striking the great city is indeed bunk, and I suggest you verify something like that by checking out its source prior to believing it.  The forty-day flood has been shown not to have happened in anywhere near the scale the bible talks about.  The only reference other than the end-of-world nonsense people like to talk about concerning the 2012 date on the Mayan calender is not, in fact, the end of the world, but rather the beginning of a new cycle, in much the same way that my calender ends on January 30.  It doesn't signify that I need to prepare for the end, it signifies that this calender has run out and I need to buy a new one.

380232[/snapback]

not at the scale of today! in the bible Noah may have believed that the lands they were on were the world then you never know....It is believed that there was a flood that destroyed the area he lived in and he perhaps thought therefore that it flooded the world a.k.a the only known world at that time. maybe the flood carried the boat out into the middle of a lake and not being able to see the land he thought the world was flooded?

-Marth

382305[/snapback]

if i'm correct i believe it was in the mediterranean basin/rome area

Edited by Joe013

380232[/snapback]

-Marth

382305[/snapback]

//////////////////////

There REMAINS a WORLD WIDE rendition of a "Flood" - that encompasses every civilization in recorded history. Had the Great Flood been a local event -- hard to say HOW the rest of the world got the news!!

OR ---

It WAS worldwide and dealt with a Polar Shift that changed many states of recognized civilization (recognized?) --- to meager portions of myth and scattered ramblings about a boat filled with IMPOSSIBLE NUMBERS of passengers (UNLESS IT WAS ONLY THE DNA of each species) -- but again -- what do I know!?

Take a Navy SUPER Aircraft Carrier today -- and fill it with EVERY KNOWN SPECIES of Mated Pairs (even fish, whales, birds, -- whatever) -- and do the MATH!!

Let's TRY to be realistic!

From the Gryphon's Lair

There REMAINS a WORLD WIDE rendition of a "Flood" - that encompasses every civilization in recorded history. Had the Great Flood been a local event -- hard to say HOW the rest of the world got the news!!

Floods are the single most common natural disaster throughout the world. They are also the most devastating, as they not only destory, they also sweep away and bury, almost as if you didn't even exist in that area before. Is it any wonder that they are used by civilizations all over the world to depict an end-of-the-world scenario? Our technology today makes floods less of a threat, so we use giant comets striking the Earth as the modern day equivalent.

It WAS worldwide and dealt with a Polar Shift that changed many states of recognized civilization (recognized?) --- to meager portions of myth and scattered ramblings about a boat filled with IMPOSSIBLE NUMBERS of passengers (UNLESS IT WAS ONLY THE DNA of each species) -- but again -- what do I know!?

This is the problem with putting the result before the evidence. If you start with the assumption that there was a flood, you have to shoehorn the evidence in to fit that idea; you do not let the evidence lead you to that conclusion. If a world-wide flood had occured, there are certain sediment deposits, certain geological events, and certain atmospheric phenomena that would have had to occur, and left a clear record of, in order to happen. This evidence that a world-wide flood occured is missing. There is only evidence of many, many local floods, throughout history and the world, none of which are exclusive to any single time period or location. None of this evidence leads to the phenomena of a world-wide flood.

The Mayans predicted that on December 21, 2012 the Sun will conjunct the intersection of the Milky Way and the plane of the ecliptic. Scientists have confirmed this alignment as well. It will intersect the Milky Way at a 60 degree angle near the constellation Sagittarius.

Now the part that is in dispute is that the Mayans had associated this alignment with something religious/spiritual. They believed that when this alignment happens, a new era will begin.

But, regardless of if something religious/spiritual happens, the alignment will occur as predicted by the Mayans and as confirmed by scientists.

The Mayans predicted that on December 21, 2012 the Sun will conjunct the intersection of the Milky Way and the plane of the ecliptic. Scientists have confirmed this alignment as well. It will intersect the Milky Way at a 60 degree angle near the constellation Sagittarius.

Now the part that is in dispute is that the Mayans had associated this alignment with something religious/spiritual. They believed that when this alignment happens, a new era will begin.

But, regardless of if something religious/spiritual happens, the alignment will occur as predicted by the Mayans and as confirmed by scientists.

383548[/snapback]

Dude the Mayans had a very acurate calendar based on the moon cycles. They did not predicted anything. If they could perdict anything they would have known not to trust Cortez. sad.gif

The 2012 date is not possible in the mayan calendar. Look at the real facts 'know so far'.

1.)

Their calender consisted of a 260-day religous calender, twenty 30-day months with a seperate 5 days at the end. The precise calenders were based upon careful observation of the planets, sun, and moon.

Now 30 days times 20 months equals --- not 360 days. If you meant 10 months, then you get 300 days. To that you add 5 times 10 for the extra days, and now the total is 350 days. That is not off by .002 days.

2.) The Mayan calendar as stated by other was set in such a way so that is continue indefinatly. The thing followed the season base on the cycle of the moon. That does not end.

3.) Our galaxy (the milky way) is a spiral one. The same applies to a circle. You can point to and star at any point and draw a line to the center. From there you can set up any other star as a reference to make any angle and say that it is "aligned" with xyz. So what alignment will be found on 2012 can be found at every other point in time as well.

4.) If you can read spanish I would suggest you read books by Mexican scientist on what they have actually found about the mayans.

edited fixed quotes

Edited by Nobody

"Now 30 days times 20 months equals --- not 360 days. If you meant 10 months, then you get 300 days. To that you add 5 times 10 for the extra days, and now the total is 350 days. That is not off by .002 days."

The mayans had two different callenders. One was the 260 religous callender that your speaking of thats on hte orbit of venus. They also have a 365 day callender that to this days is almost still right on. So in fact they where right about the calender they just had two differnt ones witch are both correct.

380232[/snapback]

-Marth

382305[/snapback]

//////////////////////

OR ---

Take a Navy SUPER Aircraft Carrier today -- and fill it with EVERY KNOWN SPECIES of Mated Pairs (even fish, whales, birds, -- whatever) -- and do the MATH!!

Let's TRY to be realistic!

From the Gryphon's Lair

382812[/snapback]

hold it gryphon. once agin its been speculated that Noah may have brought the only know animals at that time! i mean hes not trying to bring every living org. ever made!

-Marth

Now 30 days times 20 months equals --- not 360 days. If you meant 10 months, then you get 300 days. To that you add 5 times 10 for the extra days, and now the total is 350 days. That is not off by .002 days.

I forgot to include something...guess it was my fault...

following quote is from --McDougal Littel"World History: Perspectives on the Past", Fifth Edition:

"The Maya worshiped a number of gods. For example, they believed that each day was a living god whose behavior could be predicted with the help of an intricate system of calendars. Their 260-day religious calendar consisted of twenty 13-day months. A second 365-day calendar consisted of eighteen 20-day months, with a separate period of 5 days at the end. The two calendars were linked together like meshed gears so that any given day could be identified in both cycles. The Maya used their calendars to help determine the best times to plant crops, attack enemies, or crown new rulers."

I'll edit that in the top...sorry I didn't include this grin2.gif .

P.S. The meshed gears they talked about is the picture above with gears(in case you are confused)...

The last pole reversal, if memory serves, was approximately 100,000 years ago, which puts us 40,000 years overdue for one.  You may relax, however.  There isn't a single mass extinction event that coincides with a pole reversal.  Whatever the effects are, we are well adapted to survive them; in point of fact, chances are good that we wouldn't even notice if we didn't have the machines telling us North is now South.

381151[/snapback]

This is where Nova comes in handy.

During the next pole switch, the magnetic field will first remarkably weaken, causing higher levels of UV rays and radiation from space ot enter the Earth and increase the amount of cancer, ETC. The aurora would be seen across the entire globe, even near the equator they would show up nearly every night. For probably around 100 years the field would be at it's heavily weakened state, but when it came time, it would totally flip and regain it's previous strength.

We have nothing to worry, but they could be underestimating the power of UV rays and radiation, I also think you can get a sunburn about 10x easier. All and all, I think aurora across the globe would be wonderful.

If they could perdict anything they would have known not to trust Cortez.  sad.gif

It didn't matter, Cortez did not conquer or destroy the Mayans (the Mayans actually helped the Spaniards). He decimated the Aztecs, but only with help from his invisible friend, smallpox. Even if the Mayans predicted his coming, they more than likely would not have informed the Aztecs and the destruction would have taken place anyway.

If they could perdict anything they would have known not to trust Cortez.  sad.gif

It didn't matter, Cortez did not conquer or destroy the Mayans (the Mayans actually helped the Spaniards). He decimated the Aztecs, but only with help from his invisible friend, smallpox. Even if the Mayans predicted his coming, they more than likely would not have informed the Aztecs and the destruction would have taken place anyway.

385365[/snapback]

The Aztecs did predict that the Sun God Quetzalcoatl would come to there lands in anger....Cotez came at that exact day and they thought he was Quetzalcoatl. So in essence, they did predict an upcoming, it was just the wrong person(or may I say it wasn't a God but a Spanish Explorer).

Ya I believe... don't wanna but I do. it is pretty creepy..

O.K. here's my thoughts... Bush is gonna be dictator and we're gonna get nuked...

Don't dis the Mayans they were much smarter than you!

[The Aztecs did predict that the Sun God Quetzalcoatl would come to there lands in anger....Cotez came at that exact day and they thought he was Quetzalcoatl. So in essence, they did predict an upcoming, it was just the wrong person(or may I say it wasn't a God but a Spanish Explorer).

385377[/snapback]

Yes, the Aztecs did, but I was pointing out the irrelevance of the Mayans prediction.

THERE IS NO ILLUMINATI. THERE NEVER WAS. THERE NEVER WILL BE. IF ALL OF YOU WERE TO SPEND YOUR FREE TIME ON OTHER THINGS LIKE STUDYING OR GETTING GIRLFRIENDS MAYBE YOU WOULD ALL HAVE LIFES. I HAVE A LIFE. IM NOT A ILLUMINATI DUDE AND NONE OF YOU ARE EITHER. WHEN I SAY STOP THINKING ABOUT IT I MEAN ITS NOT REAL SO STOP WASTING YOU TIME. IM NOT TRYING TO TRICK YOU. IM TRYING TO HELP ALL OF YOU. BESIDES IF THERE WAS AN ILLUMINATI, WHICH IM NOT SAY THAT THERE IS, IF THERE WAS ONE WHY WOULD IT MATTER. THE WORLD ISNT ANY DIFFEENT THAN IT WAS 1000 YEARS AGO, PEOPLE ARE DIEING, SOME PEOPLE HAVE MONEY, AND OTHERS DONT. ITS BECAUSE OF GAMES LIKE DUES EX (WHICH IS A PREETY COOL GAME BESIDES ITS HISTORICAL INACURACIES0 THAT GOOD PEOPLE LIKE ALL OF YOU GET TURNED INTO PARANOID FREAKS. DONT WASTE YOUR LIFES. ITS NOT WORTH IT.

380871[/snapback]

Lol, you may think its false, but thats your belief rolleyes.gif . I don't believe in it to, but then again, the Mayan Year was off .0002 days.

Its not my decision, but yours to wether believe in the Mayans or not. But I just want to present this information, true or false, and see what people have to say. There was no real evidence that this was true, but on written hyroglyphs...

...neither do you have evidence that its false tongue.gif .

all those 'facts' you posted are false

380591[/snapback]

Could be...

380994[/snapback]

there is proof that what you say is false. no archeologist ever claimed that 2 birds would attack a great city and you probably read about it on the net. ask a archeologist about what the mayans predicted and stuf they know about it. no archeologist ever said that the world is going to end in 2012. ask around

381650[/snapback]

Yah let's only believe archeologists... they also said no humans were alive when dinosaurs were but what about Adam Eve Cain Abel....

[The Aztecs did predict that the Sun God Quetzalcoatl would come to there lands in anger....Cotez came at that exact day and they thought he was Quetzalcoatl. So in essence, they did predict an upcoming, it was just the wrong person(or may I say it wasn't a God but a Spanish Explorer).

385377[/snapback]

Yes, the Aztecs did, but I was pointing out the irrelevance of the Mayans prediction.

385389[/snapback]

hehe, oops...I guess I don't have good vocabulary...*goes to dictionary.com*...

If they could perdict anything they would have known not to trust Cortez.

Edited by Hailo_hellFIRE