Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Population is a Problem!

Nefer-Ankhe

Food problem equation:

Lotsa people = lotsa work force --> dig & build lots of underground facilities where you can factory-produce lab food ala 3D scanning or whatever tech you mass produce it with, from stone feces or whichever appetising but not-from-forest incredient (something carbon-nitrogen based... I'm not good at chemistry). I wouldn't want anyone to use GMO to create plants and animals who can thrive on prison-like environment by feeding their own feces, never seeing the sun, being underground all their life.

All you need for this:

People who work

Tech

Underground space

Some way to handle all the debris and trash and byproducts from the whole operation

Dont know if this is the easiest solution, but why shouldn't it work when we can mass-produce lab foods like that steak?

Food problem equation:

Lotsa people = lotsa work force --> dig & build lots of underground facilities where you can factory-produce lab food ala 3D scanning or whatever tech you mass produce it with, from stone feces or whichever appetising but not-from-forest incredient (something carbon-nitrogen based... I'm not good at chemistry). I wouldn't want anyone to use GMO to create plants and animals who can thrive on prison-like environment by feeding their own feces, never seeing the sun, being underground all their life.

All you need for this:

People who work

Tech

Underground space

Some way to handle all the debris and trash and byproducts from the whole operation

Dont know if this is the easiest solution, but why shouldn't it work when we can mass-produce lab foods like that steak?

then you need water, electricity and your also destroying an eqo system

If we believe this:

To meet the increased demand for food driven by these factors, the FAO (UN Food and Agriculture Organisation) projects that we must more than double global agricultural production by 2050.

then we better stop bad-mouthing Monsanto.

Harte

I found the video I mentioned.

Unbelievable. We need more gardens and less lawns, and cities are doing this? That's ridiculous.

If we believe this:

then we better stop bad-mouthing Monsanto.

Harte

They probably know they're poisoning people in large numbers and trashing the environment...but honestly, with the population we have, the future does look pretty bleak. We may all be happy for that GMO corn (if we can even get it) at some point in the near future. There are some crops that be grown organically and still produce the same amount, but certainly not all of them. That's why personal gardens are going to become so important. Providing we still have water, that is.

• Like 1

I recommend a Purge day. One day out of the year where all crime is legal for 12 hours. I also think all illegal drug should be made legal so as the herd can thin themselves.

Soylent green is drug addicts!!!

Harte

• Like 1

My mom is always complaining about the farmers around where I group. There were many shelterbelts planted on the side of roads to prevent soil erosion since the great depression destroyed many people's livelihoods from top soil being lost. The farmers have been taking out these shelterbelts in favor of more land to farm. They also over irrigate and we find less and less waters in our rivers and ground water is being depleted quickly. I am concerned about water depletion and another dust bowl.

• Like 1

If your worried about water why not use a grey water system at your home. Instead of sending it to a septic tank or sewer. The systems are not that hard to build. The mill houses where I live all go into a collective drain that's basically an evaporation pond.

A grey water system.

http://s35.photobuck.../soilb.jpg.html

Simple filtration for it.

classic-water-filter-1901.png

Why complain about the problem when you can already do something about it.

Construct the filter and let the water drain onto your lawn. The ground will absorb it or it will evaporate back into the water cycle.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

We are expected to more than double our farm output by 2050. That won't happen because we are at peak farming output now. How about using birth control or get yourself fixed.

• Like 2

This is nothing but scare tactics. Every year since I can remember, there's a doomsday report or study. We have serious problems we need to deal with NOW to prevent things like this from happening, however, there's not going to be a "world colapse by 2040."

• Like 1

Guest Br Cornelius

Consider this, you will not know when its to late to control population, until its already to late:

Its already to late.

PS - the third part of this series has all the juicy facts about population.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius

The planet will be dead in a few billion years anyway. So why worry right?

Maybe we do need a Third World War or some type of deadly plague?

Edited by XenoFish

Guest Br Cornelius

The planet will be dead in a few billion years anyway. So why worry right?

Maybe we do need a Third World War or some type of deadly plague?

We should worry because it will be us who will suffer from the consequences of population growth. I do not mean us in the sense of our children - I mean us in terms of us personally since the population will reach 10 billion in the next 30years.

We are already experiencing constraints caused by resource scarcity and adding another 3billion people can only make that worse. On top of this many of those people who have lived in relative poverty up until now are aspiring to a middle class lifestyle. A middle class worlds citizen uses at least 4times the resources of a poor citizen - which means that resource exploitation can only go up dramatically in tandem with that population growth.

It will be very personally painful to live with the reality of the population explosion.

Br Cornelius

This is nothing but scare tactics. Every year since I can remember, there's a doomsday report or study. We have serious problems we need to deal with NOW to prevent things like this from happening, however, there's not going to be a "world colapse by 2040."

Obviously, insurance companies are worried for a reason. They're listening to the science. They've already had issues because of the severe weather we're already experiencing. And that was predicted.

Consider this, you will not know when its to late to control population, until its already to late:

Its already to late.

PS - the third part of this series has all the juicy facts about population.

Br Cornelius

Wow...that's extremely depressing.

I'm not worried about it because mama nature is known to wipe out a lot of us. Either we'll get the ball rolling with war, newer and more dangerous diseases will keep popping up, and/or we suffer the consequences of our actions. The herd will be thinned somehow. I'm just doing my part by becoming as self sufficient as I possibly can.

• Like 1

I'm not worried about it because mama nature is known to wipe out a lot of us. Either we'll get the ball rolling with war, newer and more dangerous diseases will keep popping up, and/or we suffer the consequences of our actions. The herd will be thinned somehow. I'm just doing my part by becoming as self sufficient as I possibly can.

Who knows...maybe that's already the agenda.

That's what I'm thinking.

That could go all the way back to when they were collectively telling us that smoking was good for us. Or earlier. Lol.

• Like 1

Today's obese will live the longest, owing to the large storage they carry.

Everyone else will starve to death, and the obese people will be the survivors.

And, as a plus, they won't be obese anymore.

A twofer!!!

Harte

• Like 1

I thought the Media and most Political Scientists say that the "problem" nations are all going to go from 4+ kid families to 1 kid families in one generation, so that the growth will pretty much stop. I, myself, don't really believe that it will be that simple, but I've been shouted down so many times in the threads on population that I'm amazed that no one has shown up to yell "Blasphemy!" at this doomsday prediction.

unpopprojections21.gif

So many people believe it will be "low" fertility rates which dominate, but myself, I'd rather assume Worst Case and then plan for that.

Edited by DieChecker

Guest Br Cornelius

I thought the Media and most Political Scientists say that the "problem" nations are all going to go from 4+ kid families to 1 kid families in one generation, so that the growth will pretty much stop. I, myself, don't really believe that it will be that simple, but I've been shouted down so many times in the threads on population that I'm amazed that no one has shown up to yell "Blasphemy!" at this doomsday prediction.

unpopprojections21.gif

So many people believe it will be "low" fertility rates which dominate, but myself, I'd rather assume Worst Case and then plan for that.

Even if the birth rate drops to 2.3 children per family in places like India (as it is doing and already has done in Bangladesh), demographics mean that the total world population will still peak out at 10-11 billion. However it will be a considerable time before birth rates decline to that level in much of Africa, so it is still probable that world population will peak out higher.

Br Cornelius

Today's obese will live the longest, owing to the large storage they carry.

Everyone else will starve to death, and the obese people will be the survivors.

Unless their dealing with zombies or cannibals. Then they're cattle.

• Like 2