Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Population is a Problem!

Nefer-Ankhe

Well, what's the harm with having more people if most of them lived in smaller areas and eat & consume less? Consumption-wise, isn't it something like... 1 westerner = 4 third world people?

I don't think the world will be modernized fast enough to reach the low forecast. It will probably be medium.

Well, what's the harm with having more people if most of them lived in smaller areas and eat & consume less? Consumption-wise, isn't it something like... 1 westerner = 4 third world people?

If you let two of the four die, yeah, which is about right statistically.

The world's breadbaskets are not going to starve here. It's the third world people that will drop like flies.

Again, due to their own lack of foresight - they should have developed obesity like us.

Harte

We take the lion's share of the resources, that's true, but also, the problem is that no one wants to stay third world. People naturally want to live better. They cast their eyes in our direction and say...why not us?

We lead in an awful lot of things that aren't desirable. Maybe we should start leading in curtailing our population growth. One of the problems when we preach at other nations is that they can point back to our humongous consumption rates.

Edited by ChaosRose

How about these solutions. Let's designated individuals to clean out all max security prisons by killing the inmates. Next we cut all life support from all terminally ill patients in all the hospitals. Also start denying health care to anyone 70 and up, since their almost dead anyway. We end all aid to everyone and everywhere, letting them fend for themselves. Also sterilization of all unfit individuals. once all this is done we wait for the mass rioting to begin. This will then Out the herd even more.

(Note to all: I'm being sarcastic........or am I????)

Edited by XenoFish

That could go all the way back to when they were collectively telling us that smoking was good for us. Or earlier. Lol.

And how about cancer? The War on Cancer Act was signed in 1971. And still the only thing offered is "slash, burn, and poison." That hasn't changed in over 70 years. Chemotherapy was introduced in the 1940's. It's mustard gas! And... the highest paying field in the American medical industry is .... oncology! :angry:

• Like 1

In 2 clicks on their website I found their "significant hidden agenda". You'll have to find a different facet of PRI to use your inflammatory language on.

EDIT: Spelling.

Edited by socrates.junior

We take the lion's share of the resources, that's true, but also, the problem is that no one wants to stay third world. People naturally want to live better. They cast their eyes in our direction and say...why not us?

We lead in an awful lot of things that aren't desirable. Maybe we should start leading in curtailing our population growth.

We already do:

world-trends.gif

Harte

• Like 1

In 2 clicks on their website I found their "significant hidden agenda". You'll have to find a different facet of PRI to use your inflammatory language on.

So...

drop the "hidden?"

How about say "A highly biased source with a significant existential agenda"?

Harte

How about these solutions. Let's designated individuals to clean out all max security prisons by killing the inmates. Next we cut all life support from all terminally ill patients in all the hospitals. Also start denying health care to anyone 70 and up, since their almost dead anyway. We end all aid to everyone and everywhere, letting them fend for themselves. Also sterilization of all unfit individuals. once all this is done we wait for the mass rioting to begin. This will then Out the herd even more.

(Note to all: I'm being sarcastic........or am I????)

Naw that won't help. Too many of us horny animals out in the real world will produce and make up the difference.

Seriously though, I think we'll all just end up killing each other off eventually or nature will do the job for us, like a unstoppable plague or something.

• Like 1

Guest Br Cornelius

EDIT: Spelling.

A catholic lobby group campaigning against birth control. They don't shout that on any of their videos - which to me represents a hidden agenda.

Br Cornelius

Seriously though, I think we'll all just end up killing each other off eventually or nature will do the job for us, like a unstoppable plague or something.

Gotta agree with you. Something always comes up and get's us from time to time.

So...

drop the "hidden?"

How about say "A highly biased source with a significant existential agenda"?

Dropping the hidden works well. And every source is biased towards its own view!

A catholic lobby group campaigning against birth control. They don't shout that on any of their videos - which to me represents a hidden agenda.

Good point. They really need to shout it in their videos more. Maybe once every 15 seconds or so to be safe. Wouldn't want anyone to miss something that can be found in literally 5 seconds on the Internet. You do realize that lobby groups relatively often campaign for/against things they're interested in, correct?

Guest Br Cornelius

Dropping the hidden works well. And every source is biased towards its own view!

Good point. They really need to shout it in their videos more. Maybe once every 15 seconds or so to be safe. Wouldn't want anyone to miss something that can be found in literally 5 seconds on the Internet. You do realize that lobby groups relatively often campaign for/against things they're interested in, correct?

The number of times that particular video has been presented on these boards as legitimate arguments against population control, without the person been remotely aware of the hidden catholic agenda, tell the lie to your position. So yes the hidden agenda needs pointing out every single time that ugly video pops its ugly head above the parapets.

Br Cornelius

The number of times that particular video has been presented on these boards as legitimate arguments against population control, without the person been remotely aware of the hidden catholic agenda, tell the lie to your position. So yes the hidden agenda needs pointing out every single time that ugly video pops its ugly head above the parapets.

You seem a little perturbed by the video. How many times, exactly, has it been posted? How many people who posted it actually were unaware of the spooky Catholic agenda behind it?

But I love the deflection of the video itself. Really a good move. Wouldn't want it to get in the way of a good scare.

I take everything i read with a pinch of salt! Reguardless of how official or trustworthy the source to be,

we got through the world wars, we got through the plauge, we got through Justin beibers rise to fame.

problems arise, situations change, we constantly face negative variables, that is life! Its not plane sailing and never will be, overcoming these challenges is what we as a species does!

Reports like this are scaremongering political nonsense!

I totally agree ! :yes:

]

Br Cornelius

I watched all of the videos on the website, and I think they're quite good. Their "agenda" is not "hidden."

The overpopulation myth is apparently more of the fear of scarcity that is being propagated by the media and politicians... fear that there's not enough oil, not enough water, not enough food, not enough healthcare, not enough whatever. The only thing in short supply is good management of all the wealth of the earth. There is plenty to go around.

Edited by robinrenee

If people were willing to adapt, waste less, work together, think, help others, then the population would not be much of a problem as far as feeding people is concerned.

Problem is that we're mostly egotistical/unwilling. We're too busy living luxurious, being scared or even hating on foreign cultures, etc.

• Like 1

Guest Br Cornelius

]

I watched all of the videos on the website, and I think they're quite good. Their "agenda" is not "hidden."

The overpopulation myth is apparently more of the fear of scarcity that is being propagated by the media and politicians... fear that there's not enough oil, not enough water, not enough food, not enough healthcare, not enough whatever. The only thing in short supply is good management of all the wealth of the earth. There is plenty to go around.

The video I posted addresses these fallacies. No amount of resource management can deal with a steadily rising population and a steadily growing middle class. Its simply wrong to claim that we can manage current and future population levels without sever consequences. All of the current serious environmental crisis are consequences of population at their current levels. A decline in biodiversity of 40% since the 1980's is just the first symptom of a systemic crisis which is leading us to the 6th mass extinction - and most people aren't even aware it is happening. Adding a further 4 billion humans can only lead to disaster.

Br Cornelius

Guest Br Cornelius

If people were willing to adapt, waste less, work together, think, help others, then the population would not be much of a problem as far as feeding people is concerned.

Problem is that we're mostly egotistical/unwilling. We're too busy living luxurious, being scared or even hating on foreign cultures, etc.

This is not really true, the way we feed our current population is through intensive agriculture. That involves depleting none renewable resources of soil, water and oil. The current agriculture is intrinsically unsustainable since those resources once depleted are gone for good.

The UN has declared that the only way to sustainably feed the current and future population is to abandon industrial farming and move to local organic labour intensive agriculture. I see no indication of that happening since we are moving towards ever more intensive industrial agriculture. So in short it is theoretically possible for us to feed the world sustainably, but the level of social transformation is so huge that I can see absolutely no indication that there is the will or planning to make it happen.

Br Cornelius

]

The video I posted addresses these fallacies. No amount of resource management can deal with a steadily rising population and a steadily growing middle class. Its simply wrong to claim that we can manage current and future population levels without sever consequences. All of the current serious environmental crisis are consequences of population at their current levels. A decline in biodiversity of 40% since the 1980's is just the first symptom of a systemic crisis which is leading us to the 6th mass extinction - and most people aren't even aware it is happening. Adding a further 4 billion humans can only lead to disaster.

Br Cornelius

Prof. Bartlett (may he rest in peace) is wrong. He is using a 2% population growth rate, and in one place he uses a 5% growth rate. That is incorrect. And the scaremongers love it.

The current world population growth rate is 1.14% and falling. When women are educated, they have fewer babies. That's a fact.

worldgr.png

https://www.census.gov/population/international/data/idb/worldgrgraph.php

It's not like government agency's wouldn't use scare tactics. Sometimes I border on conspiracy theories on all this stuff. The planets heating up (exiting the ice age), the worlds over populated, and there is always some new threat. Be it physical, mental (sharing ideas), or viral. Run for the hills, there is mass chaos in the street.

• Like 1