Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 3]

Abramelin

Has anyone found those "Inka Islands" yet??

http://www.unexplain...30#entry4571527

Interesting Abe......had a look at some of the other islands in the Amazon ......one was interesting

http://www.wikipedia...i/Tupinambarana

says many of the settlements have their dwellings set on stilts .. reminiscent of the Swiss lake dwellings maybe.

but most interesting, the large island of Tupinambarana has been separated into 4 parts by channels , " that in the South West is called NOVA OLINDA DO NORTE "

Edited by Passing Time

Has anyone found those "Inka Islands" yet??

No, I have not searched for them.

It is possible that the name changed since the 1870s.

So we may need maps or other sources of that time.

Interesting Abe......had a look at some of the other islands in the Amazon ......one was interesting

http://www.wikipedia...i/Tupinambarana

says many of the settlements have their dwellings set on stilts .. reminiscent of the Swiss lake dwellings maybe.

but most interesting, the large island of Tupinambarana has been separated into 4 parts by channels , " that in the South West is called NOVA OLINDA DO NORTE "

Many people from the Netherlands have emigrated to Brazil the past centuries, so reading about an 'Olanda' is not surpizing. And the Dutch occupied several provinces of Brazil before the Portugese (and before that the Spanish) took over.

An interesting book about the history of Brazil is John Hemming's "Red Gold". It also gives a very sensible explanation for all those "blue eyed Indians" explorers like kolonel P. Fawcett encountered in the jungles of Brazil...

This a map from 1853:

It's a beautiful map, but I guess we'll need a more detailed one of the Amazon river mouth (northernmost part of this map).

Many people from the Netherlands have emigrated to Brazil the past centuries, so reading about an 'Olanda' is not surpizing. And the Dutch occupied several provinces of Brazil before the Portugese (and before that the Spanish) took over.

An interesting book about the history of Brazil is John Hemming's "Red Gold". It also gives a very sensible explanation for all those "blue eyed Indians" explorers like kolonel P. Fawcett encountered in the jungles of Brazil...

Yes you are right Abe..having tracked down a couple of books,,,,,,Olinda was apparently founded by Portugese , and

is a historical protected city......but for its Portugese architecture.

On Freya, the Walpurgisnacht and 1st May International Workers Holy Day.

“FASTA SAID—

Anything that any man commences, whatever it may be, on the day appointed for Frya’s worship shall eternally fail, for time has proved that she was right; and it is become a law that no man shall, except from absolute necessity, keep that day otherwise than as a joyful feast.

This is the witch sabbat and walpurgisnight.

“In modern Judaism, Shabbat is the rest day celebrated from Friday evening to Saturday nightfall; in modern Christianity, Sabbath refers to Sunday, or to a time period similar to Sabbath in the seventh-day church minority. In connection with the medieval beliefs in the evil power of witches and in the malevolence of Jews and Judaizing heretics (both being Sabbathkeepers),[2] satanic gatherings of witches were by outsiders called "sabbats", "synagogues", or "convents".[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witches%27_Sabbath

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walpurgis_Night

So Freya-dag (Vrij-dag) should be called and written in modern English as Free-Day.

Of course we all know it is still called Fri-day because English stems from the dialect spoken on the shores of the Low Countries and Vry sounds there as Fri.

It is on Friday evening that our ‘free’ moment begins, that’s why it is called Friday.

So, in fact the seventh day where God took a rest was the Saturday. No wonder, that in Microsofts excell the first weekday is standardwise Sunday and not Monday.

And how odd that people had to work for a long time on Saturday. You can see by this, that the real meaning of this “pagan” (but etymologically undisputable clear) day was allready lost by most people (very convenient for the growing industrial complex who needed workforce), but still fostered by some.

As always, the tide turns and Saturday becam Free again. A modern analogy is to convince the people again to fight for their right in times of gigantic productivity gains.

Next step will be the introduction of an unconditional distribution of commonly created wealth?

How else could a OLB “foresee” the international 1 May Holiday Day on Freya’s day, for a 8 hours working day from 1st May 1886!

It was only in 1884 that the American Federation of Labor took on a resolution with the proposal to introduce an 8-hours week as of 1st May 1886. Why 1st May? Following the script because that was the MOVING DAY in Northern America. The day working and housing contracts of the workforce were renewed or took an end.

And that all falls together with pagan Freyas Day, where one should not work following Fasta.

When reading OLB, one knows better now :-)

• Like 2

Gosh, everyone's turning up out of the woodwork.

Hope you are well Abe and nice to see you VG.

Next thing Alewyn will be back.

I knew I hated working Saturdays for a reason.

• 2 weeks later...

Gosh, everyone's turning up out of the woodwork.

Hope you are well Abe and nice to see you VG.

Next thing Alewyn will be back.

I knew I hated working Saturdays for a reason.

I'm ok Puzz, thanks for asking. I hope you are well too.

==

Alewyn won't be back soon; he never liked this game called 'etymology', but he wrote a new book (or the second edition of his first baby):

http://www.amazon.com/Chronicles-pre-Celtic-Europe-Survivors-Tsunami/dp/1496168771/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

• Like 1

Can someone explain what this thread is?

The Oera Linda Book is a literary hoax. Are there actually people who think it is authentic?

Yes..it is a place where a group of people with an interest in the Oera Linda book , have come together randomly over

the years , and hundreds of pages , in order to discuss if there are any proofs that can be found , as to the true history ,

or the falsity of the book , so far we have been unsuccesful in this endeavour , but get enjoyment out of it , plus a sense of comradeship in a mutual interest.

The Oera Linda Book is a literary hoax. Are there actually people who think it is authentic?

As previously mentioned whilst we have not found any proofs one way or the other , a search continues......however it seems you could be a boon......as you have stated "The Oera Linda Book is a literary hoax"

perhaps you would be kind enough to lay out your proofs in this thread for us . and we can wrap up the whole thread once and for all..........i am in greatfull anticipation

Edited by Passing Time

The Oera Linda Book is a literary hoax.

Is this the conclusion of your own study and thinking, or did you just read it somewhere?

Are there actually people who think it is authentic?

Yes, there are.

Great injustice leads to madness.

The Oera Linda Book has one explicit mention of insanity* and it is indeed caused by the worst injustice (in my opinion) described in the whole manuscript: the abuse of Friso's children by the kakistocrat Demetrius.

(*adjective WAN.SINNICH, from noun WAN.SIN)

See text by Ljudgért, ca. 300 BCE, pages 120-130 of the original manuscript (pp. 165-179 in the translations of Ottema & Sandbach).

FRISO.jpgFriso in Hamconius (1620)

Demetrius_I_of_Macedon.jpgMarble bust of Demetrius I Poliorcetes

The main question here is: Was Demétrius objectively evil, or did he – in his own integrity – actually mean well? Was he raised in a culture where what he did was morally acceptable? Was it an ultimate clash of fundamentally oposed cultures? Talmudic ethics for example include values that would be utterly repulsive to well raised gentiles, if they knew of them. Cultures can be very dissimilar. Mixing them (by force) is not without risk. Clashes can have huge consequences on the long term, as this example in the OLB demonstrates.

Yes..it is a place where a group of people with an interest in the Oera Linda book , have come together randomly over

the years , and hundreds of pages , in order to discuss if there are any proofs that can be found , as to the true history ,

or the falsity of the book , so far we have been unsuccesful in this endeavour , but get enjoyment out of it , plus a sense of comradeship in a mutual interest.

As previously mentioned whilst we have not found any proofs one way or the other , a search continues......however it seems you could be a boon......as you have stated "The Oera Linda Book is a literary hoax"

perhaps you would be kind enough to lay out your proofs in this thread for us . and we can wrap up the whole thread once and for all..........i am in greatfull anticipation

The manuscript (paper) and writing/ink was tested in 1876, and found not to be medieval, but modern (dating about 1850). So the Oera Linda Book is no older (in written form) than the mid-19th century and there is no mention of its specific contents in any other literary source before the 19th century. It's a modern literary hoax.

Antiquity paper and writing of the Oera Linda Book

Uit: De Nederlandsche Spectator, dd 5 augustus 1876, p.

From: De Nederlandsche Spectator, dated August 5, 1876, p.

254-255.

254-255.

Ook in: Friesch Volksblad, dd 13 augustus 1876.

Also in: People Friesch Journal, dated August 13, 1876.

Bibliografie-Kalma (1956), nr. 122.

Bibliography-Kalman (1956), no. 122.

Voor ruim drie weken ontving ik van den heer NW Bergman te Amsterdam (lid der familie over de Linden aan den Helder, de bezitster van het bekende Oera Lindaboek) het verzoek mijn oordeel te willen zeggen over den ouderdom van het vel papier uit het handschrift van het Oera Linda boek, wat hij mij ter bezigtiging aanbood.

For three weeks I received from Mr. W Bergman in Amsterdam (member of the family about the Linden to Den Helder, the possessor of the famous Oera Linda Book) the request to say my opinion on the age of the paper from the manuscript of Linda Oera the book, which he offered me to bezigtiging.

Gaarne voldeed ik aan dit verzoek, want alleen door de bezigtiging van het handschrift, was een juist oordeel op te maken over de oudheid van een geschrift dat de een beweerde van de 13e, een ander van de 19e eeuw te zijn;

I gladly complied with this request, because only the bezigtiging of handwriting, was a correct judgment to make about the antiquity of a document that alleged the 13th, to be another of the 19th century;

door de bezigtiging alleen kon aan alle beweringen en magtspreuken, geuit zonder het stuk te zien, een einde gemaakt, en eene herhaling voorkomen worden van het voorval met zeker voorgewend oud opschrift op zekeren nieuwen steen.

by bezigtiging could only all claims and magtspreuken, uttered without seeing the piece, an end, and prevented a repetition of the incident certainly accustomed old stone inscription on securing new ones.

Nadat ik het papier eenige oogenblikken van alle zijden goed bekeken, en mijn oordeel bepaald, doch niet medegedeeld had, verzocht ik dat de eigenaars van het handschrift dezelfde vraag wilden doen aan den heer P. Smidt van Gelder, chef der beroemde papierfabrieken te Wormerveer en Apeldoorn, opdat dan door de overeenstemming van onze meeningen (waaraan ik niet twijfelde) onafhankelijk van elkaar gevormd, de waarheid mogt blijken.

After the paper a few moments from all sides and views, and my judgment is detected, but had not communicated, I asked the owners the same question of handwriting wanted to do with Mr. P. Smidt van Gelder, chief of famous paper mills Wormerveer and Apeldoorn, so then the line of our creations seem (to which I had no doubt) formed independently of each other, the truth prove Mögt.

Het verzoek is gedaan en de uitkomst heeft aan het doel beantwoord.

The request is made and the outcome has served the purpose.

Op verschillende wegen zijn wij beiden, de heer van Gelder en ik, tot hetzelfde besluit gekomen, en hebben wij, ieder voor zich in de navolgende brieven aan de familie Over de Linden onze meening kenbaar gemaakt.

In various ways we are both, Mr. van Gelder and I came to the same conclusion, and we, every man for himself in the following letters to the family about the Linden expressed our opinion.

De openbaarmaking van de uitkomsten van ons onderzoek had ik mij voorbehouden en heeft bij de familie Over de Linden geen verzet geleden, zij is alleen door eenige toevallige omstandigheden tot nu vertraagd.

The disclosure of the results of our research, I had my reservations and with the family about the Linden no opposition ago, it is only by some fortuitous circumstances delayed until now.

Amsterdam, 24 Julij.

Amsterdam, 24 July,.

FRED.

FRED.

MULLER

MULLER

Verzocht zijnde over de meerdere of mindere oudheid van het Handschrift van het Oera Linda boek mijn gevoelen te doen kennen, aarzel ik niet op grond van het eene mij vertoonde blad uit dat Handschrift mijne meening uit te spreken:

Being asked about the greater or lesser antiquity of the manuscript of the book to Linda Oera do know my feelings, I do not hesitate on the basis of the one sheet showed me that manuscript to express my opinion:

dat het papier en schrift van het Handschrift niet ouder dan 1800 kunnen zijn en beide waarschijnlijk niet ouder zijn dan 25 jaar.

the paper and writing of the manuscript no older than 1800 can be both and probably not older than 25 years.

Dit gevoelen steunt op de navolgende gronden.

This feeling is based on the following grounds.

Het papier was in de 13e eeuw geheel van katoen, dik, ongelijk, wollig, met zéer ongelijke, onduidelijke waterlijnen, - dit papier is dun, gelijk, hard, hier en daar doorschijnend, met geregelde, duidelijke waterlijnen;

The paper was in the 13th century entirely of cotton, thick, uneven, woolly, with very uneven, uncertain water lines - this paper is thin, like, hard, translucent here and there, with regular, clear water lines;

het papier is van oudsher, tot ongeveer 1800, in het midden tusschen de waterlijnen, dunner dan ter weerszijde, digt bij de waterlijnen;

The paper has traditionally been, until about 1800, in the middle between the water lines, thinner than on either side, close by the water lines;

- dit papier is bij de waterlijnen egaal, gelijk alleen het papier van deze eeuw is;

- This paper at the water line is solid, as only the paper of this century;

dit papier is geel gekleurd en niet van nature geel, gelijk vele plaatsen bewijzen;

This paper is yellow and not naturally yellow, prove equally many places;

dit papier is afgesneden, gelijk duidelijk zigtbaar is;

This paper has been cut, equivalent clearly visible;

het papier der 13e eeuw laat zich niet afsnijden noch afknippen, zonder vezels na te laten.

the paper of the 13th century can not be cut or trim without leaving fibers.

Het afsnijden doet mij denken aan machinaal papier waarin wel de perpendiculaire waterlijnen (pontuseaux) kunnen gebragt worden, doch het is mij onbekend of daarin de horizontale lijnen van papierramen kunnen zijn;

Cutting reminds me paper machine which does the water perpendicular lines (pontuseaux) can be brought, but it is unknown to me whether it horizontal lines may be paper windows;

indien ja, dan houd ik dit voor goed machinaal papier, wat daarom niet ouder dan 25 à 30 jaar kan zijn;

If yes, then I take it to be good paper machine, which therefore can not be older than 25 to 30 years;

vroeger kon men in machinaal papier die lijnen niet maken;

previously it was possible to machine paper that does not make lines;

dit papier is tot boek ingenaaid geweest, blijkens de gaatjes;

This paper has been sewn into book, according to the holes;

het is veel te hard rondom die gaatjes om oud te zijn;

it's too hard around those holes to be old;

ook is de wijze van innaaien geheel modern en geheel anders als bij oude handschriften;

also the method of stitching is totally modern and totally different as in ancient manuscripts;

daarbij gebruikte men minder gaten en dikker touw of perkament, dan hiervoor kan gebezigd zijn;

while they used fewer holes and thicker rope or parchment may be used for this purpose;

Het schrift is veel te nieuw voor een hoogen ouderdom;

The writing is too new for old age;

de inkt ligt op het papier;

the ink is on the paper;

heeft het papier niet aangetast;

the paper is not affected;

wat bij hoogen ouderdom van den inkt noodzakelijk moet gebeuren;

what needed to be done at great age of the ink;

het doorschijnende is niet het gevolg daarvan dat de inkt er is ingetrokken, maar alleen dat het papier daar dun is.

the translucent is not the result that the ink is withdrawn, but only that the paper is thin there.

De inkt is veel te zwart voor hoogen ouderdom;

The ink is too black for old age;

die was oudtijds lichter, en werd na langen tijd geheel bruin.

which was anciently lighter, and, after a long time completely brown.

Eene inzage van het geheele Handschrift zou mij waarschijnlijk wat den aard en de kleur van papier, wijze van innaaijen, kracht van inkt betreft, nog meerdere bewijzen voor mijne meening aan de hand geven.

One inspection of the entire manuscript was probably me what the nature and color of paper, method of innaaijen, strength of ink is concerned, yet more evidence for my opinion indicate the hand.

Amsterdam, 2 Julij 1876.

Amsterdam, 2 July, 1876.

FREDERIK MULLER.

FREDERIK MULLER.

Den Heere LF OVER DE LINDEN, te Helder.

Lord LF ON LINDEN to Clear.

Amsterdam, 5 Juli 1876.

Amsterdam, 5 July 1876.

Mijn Heer!

My Lord!

Ingevolge uw verzoek heb ik de eer u als mijne bepaalde overtuiging mede te deelen, dat het papier van het Oera Linda boek niet is papier van hoogen ouderdom.

Pursuant to your request, I have the honor you as my particular belief to impart that the paper of the Oera Linda paper book is not from old age.

Ik herken daarin duidelijk: gevergeerd machinaal papier omstreeks 30 jaren oud en zou meenen dat het afkomstig was van de fabriek der heeren Tielens en Schrammen te Maastricht.

I recognize it clear: Laid paper machine about 30 years old and would think that it came from the factory of Messrs Tielens and Scrapes Maastricht.

De lijnen van de vergeere komen daarmee overeen, terwijl de gladde effen oppervlakte nimmer door mij in papier van ouden datum is opgemerkt.

The lines of the vergeere come they apply, while the smooth flat surface is never seen by me in paper of ancient date.

Een scheikundig onderzoek zal doen blijken dat het papier sporen van amylum (stijfsel) bevat, iets wat niet anders dan in machinaal papier voorkomt.

A chemical research will be to indicate that the paper contains traces of amylum (starch), which does not appear otherwise than in paper machine.

Verder zal naar mijne meening bij verbranding blijken dat er zich sporen van mineralien in bevinden en het aschgehalte daardoor grooter zal zijn dan van gewoon katoen of linnen papier.

Further, in my opinion when burned prove that there are traces of minerality lien in there and aschgehalte therefore will be greater than ordinary cotton or linen paper.

Hoogachtend enz.

Sincerely etc.

P. SMIDT VAN GELDER.

P. Smidt van Gelder.

PS Later vernam ik dat de heer van Gelder aan een zijner meesterknechts verzocht had op te schrijven uit welke fabriek het papier van het Oera Linda boek was;

PS Later I learned that Mr. van Gelder to one of his foremen had requested to write off the factory was the paper of the book Oera Linda;

de uitkomst bewees onmiddellijk dat beiden denzelfden naam hadden opgeschreven.

the outcome immediately proved that both had the same name written down.

De heer van Gelder schreef mij nog dat zijns inziens een scheikundig onderzoek de gegrondheid zijner meening onweersprekelijk zou aantoonen en de heer Over de Linden die proef aan den Helder zou laten nemen.

Mr van Gelder wrote me yet that in his view a chemical research the validity of his opinion would indisputable aantoonen and Mr. Linden About that would allow the pilot to take Helder.

FM

FM

Edited by DeCamp

Is this the conclusion of your own study and thinking, or did you just read it somewhere?

Yes, there are.

I mean scholars. No modern historian claims it is genuine, and not a modern literary hoax.

Creating a BlogSpot and posting crackpottery doesn't count as scholarship...

The external evidence shows it is a hoax, but so too does the internal.

http://www.oeralindaboek.nl/

Research has been done into the paper of the manuscript.

Het papier was toen (bij de vondst rond 1870) nog maar ongeveer twintig jaar oud.

The paper was then (at the discovery around 1870) only about twenty years old.

Men herkende zelfs dat het gemaakt was in een fabriek bij Maastricht, ongeveer in 1850. Daarna was het papier kunstmatig wat bruin gemaakt om het veel ouder te laten lijken.

It even acknowledged that it was produced in a factory in Maastricht, approximately in 1850. Then the paper was artificially created some brown to make it look much older.

John Beck Vinckers wrote in 1876 a book entitled: The unreality of the Oera Linda-bok, shown from the gibberish in which it is written

Now some examples of the Gibberish -

The supreme being Wr (read 'Oeralda "which is" Over Old "to the Frisian wrâld," world ", and ALD,' old ') created three foremothers who spawned another three races in turn.

Lyda's kinderen woonden in Afrika en hadden verstand noch moraal.

Lyda's children lived in Africa and had no mind, no morals.

Finda's kinderen woonden in Azië en Aldland of Atland ('Oudland', Atlantis) en bezaten wel verstand, maar geen moraal.

Finda's children lived in Asia and Aldland or Atland (Oudland "Atlantis) and it had intelligence, but no morals.

Frya's kinderen ten slotte bewoonden Europa en hadden, men raadt het al, zowel een goed verstand als een hoge moraal.

Frya's children finally lived in Europe and had, you guessed it, both good sense and high morale.

De Lyda's en Finda's voerden eindeloze oorlogen en werden despotisch geregeerd.

The Lyda and Finda's had endless wars and were despotically ruled.

Het uitdenken en opleggen van godsdienstige doctrines en het aanstellen van priesters zorgde ervoor dat iedere hang naar geestelijke vrijheid effectief werd gesmoord.

Devising and imposition of religious doctrines and appointing priests made every desire for spiritual freedom was stifled effective.

Hoe anders was dit bij de Frya's.

How different this was from the Frya's.

Dezen leefden in vrede en bezaten een hoge beschaving zonder priesters en kerken.

And they lived in peace and had a high civilization without priests and churches.

De Frya's blonken uit in zelfbeheersing en liefde tot de deugd en beseften dat leven zonder vrijheid zinloos is.

The Frya's excelled in self-control and love of virtue and realized that life without freedom is meaningless.

Deze goede gang van zaken werd bewaakt door 'volksmoeders' die in speciale burchten de lamp van de wijsheid brandend hielden.

This good performance was guarded by "people's mothers in special castles lamp of wisdom kept burning.

De belangrijkste volksmoeder, de 'eremoeder', zetelde in de hoofdburcht op Texland (Texel), genoemd naar 'Frya's tex', een soort grondwet, die daar op de wanden gebeiteld was.

The main folk mother, 'eremoeder "sat in the main castle on Texland (Texel), named after' Frya's Tex," a sort of constitution, which was carved on the walls there.

De inrichting van deze samenleving roept sterke associaties met een antiklerikale vorm van de 19de-eeuwse vrijmetselarij op.

The decor of this society evokes strong associations with an anticlerical form of 19th-century Freemasonry.

In 2194 vC vond er een catastrofe plaats waardoor alles anders zou worden.

In 2194 BC there was a catastrophe which everything would be different.

Aardbevingen en vloedgolven teisterden de aarde, Aldland verzonk en de ondoordringbare wouden die in Twiskland (Tussenland, Duitsland) een natuurlijke barrière tegen Azië hadden gevormd, brandden af.

Earthquakes and tidal waves ravaged the earth, Aldland sank and the impenetrable forests in Twiskland (Between Land, Germany) had formed a natural barrier against Asia, burned off.

Vele volkeren raakten op drift en de Frya's werden door Lyda- en Finda-volkeren bedreigd: in het oosten de Finnen en de Magyaren (Hongaren), in het zuiden de Golen (Galliërs).

Many peoples were adrift and Frya were threatened by Lyda- and Finda peoples: in the east the Finns and the Magyars (Hungarians), in the south the Gauls (Gauls).

Door list en geweld slaagden deze volkeren erin om de Frya's in de loop der eeuwen te verbasteren en terug te drijven.

By cunning and violence succeeded these people managed to corrupt the Frya's in the course of centuries and repel.

Het resultaat: Fryasland, dat zich van Scandinavië tot Spanje en van Groot-Brittannië tot Polen en Griekenland had uitgestrekt, kromp ineen tot de huidige provincie Friesland.

The result Fryasland, ranging from Scandinavia to Spain and from Britain to Poland and Greece had stretched, wincing to the present province of Friesland.

De Friezen hebben de wereld tijdens hun deemstering nog wel ingrijpend veranderd.

The Frisians have the world has certainly changed radically during their deemstering.

Een paar voorbeelden.

A few examples.

De goden Wodan en Neptunus zijn naar Friezen genoemd.

The gods Wotan and Neptune are named after Frisians.

In Griekenland stichtten ze Athene en introduceerden de democratie.

In Greece they founded Athens and introduced democracy.

De Griekse en Latijnse alfabetten zijn van het Friese afgeleid.

The Greek and Latin alphabets are derived from the Frisian.

Het Incarijk is waarschijnlijk ook van Friese oorsprong.

The Inca Empire was probably Frisian origin.

Het boeddhisme steunt op Frya's leer.

Buddhism is based on Frya's teachings.

Dit is mogelijk geweest doordat een aantal uitgeweken Friezen in de periode 1500-300 vC in India heeft gewoond.

This has been possible because a number of Frisians emigrated in the period 1500-300 BC lived in India.

Zij zijn onder leiding van Friso naar het moederland teruggekeerd, nadat zij door Alexander de Grote gedwongen werden om zijn naar Europa terugtrekkende Macedonische leger bijstand te verlenen.

They are led by Friso returned to the motherland after they were forced by Alexander the Great to give to Europe are retreating Macedonian army assistance.

Interessant is ook dat Odysseus een aantal jaren in een Friese burcht op Walcheren zou hebben verbleven.

Interesting is that Odysseus several years would have stayed in a castle Frisian on Walcheren.

http://www.skepsis.nl/oeralinda.html

Buddhism based on Frisian religion? The Frisians sailed to South America to the Inca empire? Frisians colonized ancient India? Frisians founded Athens and Athenian democracy?

Do you believe any of these ridiculous claims in the OLB? This is why most scholars think the OLB was written as a parody. Even if it wasn't, its claims are false, a modern pseudo-history. The OLB was written in the 19th century. The claim it is a medieval manuscript has been falsified by scientific testing of the paper and ink.

Edited by DeCamp

The manuscript (paper) and writing/ink was tested in 1876, and found not to be medieval, but modern (dating about 1850).

Book-seller Muller and paper-maker Smidt had never seen medieval Arab paper, or at least they didn't consider the possibility that the OLB paper could be of Arab origin. Arab paper was of much better quality than European (cotton based) paper. The Arabs had learnt to make paper from the Chinese much earlier.

See my video about it, which contains the following comparing image.

vergelijkYT.jpg

Even modern OLB-paper 'research' (Kardinaal, v.d. Grijn, Porck) has not lead to any clear determination of age and origin. This is because they beforehand excluded the possibility that it could be medieval (Arab) after all. How can one even take this 'investigation' seriously?

No modern historian claims it is genuine

One will have to be the first.

So far, no modern historian has investigated the possibility that it might be authentic.

Jensma, who promoted at the Theological faculty of Groningenin 2004 didn't - he merely speculated about who could have created it, assuming beforehand that it was fake.

Now some examples of the Gibberish

None of this alleged 'gibberish' excludes the possibility that the manuscript is authentic.

Buddhism based on Frisian religion? The Frisians sailed to South America to the Inca empire? Frisians colonized ancient India? Frisians founded Athens and Athenian democracy?

Not Frisian, but Fryan, people of Frya as they are called in the OLB. Frisians descend from them, but so do many other peoples.

This is why most scholars think the OLB was written as a parody.

Can you name any (who did his/her own research and is not just parroting someone else) other than Jensma?

• Like 1

I don't know myself. The context here is way too dry for my being able to keep up. But you gotta hand it to these guys, they're nearing 1,000 pages on the discussion so it matters to them for sure..

• Like 1