Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 3]

Abramelin

Yes, I am pondering your posts, but I am a bit tired these days, so it may take some time for me to decide upon it.

I have added my own contributions and interpretations and additions to Abe's find. His genius is not just in finding and linking to it, but in recognizing what he found. For me it was a missing link between what is known and what I suspected.

Sure. Abe is Dutch however and anything that transfers through Dutch imo is not all that relevant, despite popular opinion out there. It's the reason the whole story is so dishevelled and misunderstood and transliterated horribly. I've followed this mantra all the way through and found it to be more than a secure way to approach the language of the OLB.

... transliterated horribly.

What transliterations are you referring to and what is so horrible about it? Did you ever make any improvements on it?

I've followed this mantra all the way through and found it to be more than a secure way to approach the language of the OLB.

What do you mean with this?

What transliterations are you referring to and what is so horrible about it? Did you ever make any improvements on it?

What do you mean with this?

I probably should have said translated into Dutch from the transliteration.

I've been making improvements the whole 3 threads, just that no-one listens...

The example Abe gave is what I mean - he has used a word that has no equal Frisian in that form and is unlikely therefore to be connected. It's come from Latin to Dutch, the word you are looking for is in Danish, tassel is kest, not Dutch dissel from Latin axe.

They however, seem to have a very similar root meaning and I wouldn't be surprised, according to the idea that Latin itself is Fryan based, is the same, which is why you see both fasces, rod bundles often with axe, and the labrys, as symbols of constitution, but in this instance I believe it's the tassel, the same as mentioned in the Bible, as I quoted and very European royal status. I'm struggling to find an image that I know is out there, Euro royalty, even mythical, draped in silk sashes and tassels, maybe the pictures of Friso etc, show a kind of side tassel sash, covenants with their Gods laws, constitutions. Kest is oath, oath is such an English meaning, the Dutch may even have trouble understanding it's importance in history. Atha.

I'm sure I've mentioned many more throughout the thread and battled for a more English word than Dutch to make better sense many times, I will find and come up with more examples for you. I bet teja as tie is not from Latin textile either, it's from the same root as tassel.

Edited by The Puzzler

I've been making improvements the whole 3 threads, just that no-one listens...

That's because only you believe they are improvements?

oath is such an English meaning, the Dutch may even have trouble understanding it's importance in history.

Nonsense, all NW-European languages use that word and concept, only spelled and pronounced differently.

eed - Dutch

Eid - German

eið - icelandic

ed - danish, norse, swedish

Besides our own language, we learn english, german and french at highschool. I also learned Latin, old-greek and some swedish (and later: some frisian).

Not to boost, but you people who only know english are just sometimes so arrogant and ignorant about other languages.

Edited by Jan Ott

I learnt French and German at high school too, mind you, that was back in the early 80s so I don't remember it much, the kids today learn Japanese here. I study the Basque language in depth as a serious hobby and have spent considerable years here on the languages used.

That's OK, you go on your road, I'll go on mine.

Winsemius, P.W., Chronique ofte Historische geschiedenisse van Vrieslant (1622)

I am transliterating parts of this book on my blog. As far as I know this was not done before. It contains some very relevant information. I will post some of that here.

On page (Fol.) 6:

Ioachimus Hopperus een licht/ ende eere onser natie/ in tijden Secretaris des Coninklijcke Majesteyts van Spangien in zijn Tafel der Coningen van Vrieslant/ deduceert die Vriesen uyt die hoogh-Noordtsche volckeren ofte Hyperboreis, van welcke hy meent dat sy d'eerste secreten ende gheheymenissen der letteren souden hebben becomen.

Joachim Hoppers (1523-1576) was a Frisian lawyer and professor who worked for the Spanish king (Philip II). He appears to have written about Frisia's ancient history, but I have not found that text yet. According to the "Chronique", he wrote that the Frisians stem from the "High-Nordic peoples or Hyperboreans" and were the first to have received the secrets of writing.

Another relevant fragment on p.7:

Maer dese principalijcken vinden wy in onse Landts-Historie beschreven/ dat lange na die dominatie/ ende Heerschappije der Sueven in Vrieslant uyt seeckere Provincie van neder Indien (ghelijck als d'Chronique is sprekende) geheten benedicta Fresia by maniere van Lottinge/ zynde d'selve in die tyden een gemeyne ghebruyck der volckeren/ uytgegaen zijn/ met een groote menichte drie ghebroederen met namen FRISO SAXO, ende BRUNO die welcke in d'Oorlogen des grooten Alexandri sich begevende/ aen die Emodische Geberchten [Himalayas] hunne garnisoenen ghehouden hebben.
Edited by Jan Ott
  • Like 1

Always he good time here, thank you :-)

Allthough, Babylon it sometimes seem to be ...

Maybe we all know in our way, but difficult to explain in parts. Nevertheless plain clear as a picture in the whole for most of us imo.

Imagine: the TEX on the wall as the laws to be followed.

Duties and RIGHTs (Dext’r Tekst’r Techst’r Tesst’r Teist’r Land, not merely the band, this I never thaught of yet).

How come Texel is for many the island to be connected with the right side? How can this be connected with the just-is idea?

I think the right side to use is the one most people prefer to use when reaching out in the dark: the test-er. Than the taester is the texter and dexter.

Because test and tast (reaching out, feeling) are connected with ‘dicht’ and ‘tegen’(close). A ge-dicht as a poem, all words connected to another: Ge-Tegd (tegen elkaar).

A test is said to come from a recipient, a ‘tas’.

But maybe the tas and tes are just called like this because they are teg (tech-t) close, good to hold something.

I think a test is a tast.

I don’t know for sure, but I can see that a woven tissue was called tag-stel.

I would think of (s)tiksel.

As we know a written text is kind of woven (spun or interlaced) also.

The interlace to weave is coming from a framework, just as the law in words (tex) is the framework for justice.

It’s one’s duty for all to take up his/her task in this. µ

Tache in french, and again coming from taks.

See tast, to feel but also to straighten, to estimate, be-ramen, monitor, comply with a defined amount, to go short: you will be taxed on ill behaviour).

It is sticked on the subjects of the burgh, at-tached if you will in English. S-tiched on.

Weven, Stikken, Spinnen that was done also in Texandria.

So if we look to Tex as Tags (Tachs) as on the wall, we can see it as a kind of sticker to stick (Is-Tick, Is-Tech) to.

For the French the étiquettes to follow (the tag on the ware): Is-tick-heid. The ticket which give you free entry to the burgh when followed accordingly.

‘Op de vingers tikken’, to tackle is to give a (little) tick -> tick-ele with -ele as diminuitive form.

The teckle dog (das-hond), has short legs and moves forward by tickeling :-)

• Like 1

(As I keep insisting) Its best imo to consult Frisian first and Germanic derived words, rather than Latin, which test, testi and all the textile words come from.

têken 8, tê-k-en, afries., st. N. (a): nhd. Zeichen; ne. token; Vw.: s. han-d-, her-e-, wun-d-er-; Hw.: vgl. got. taikn, an. tākn, ae. tācen, anfrk. teikan, as. têkan*, ahd. zeihhan; Q.: E, R, W, Schw; E.: germ. *taikna-, *taiknam, st. N. (a), Zeichen; s. idg. *deik̑-, V., zeigen, weisen, sagen, Pokorny 188; vgl. idg. *dei- (1), *dei̯ə-, *dī-, *di̯ā-, V., glänzen, schimmern, scheinen, Pokorny 183; W.: nfries. teeckne; nnordfries. teeken; L.: Hh 109a, Rh 1066a

têkena, tê-k-en-a, afries., sw. V. (2): Vw.: s. tê-k-n-ia

têkenisse 1, tê-k-e-nisse, afries., st. F. (jō): nhd. Zeichen, Beweis; ne. token, proof;

token (n.)

Old English tacen "sign, symbol, evidence" (related to verb tæcan "show, explain, teach"), from Proto-Germanic *taiknam (cognates: Old Saxon tekan, Old Norse teikn "zodiac sign, omen, token," Old Frisian tekan, Middle Dutch teken, Dutch teken, Old High German zeihhan, German

Fryas Tex is Fryas teachings. Her TEKAN, (Dutch teken) her TEKS, her TEX

her CHOICES ie; choice (best/worthy) claims

kest 73, kes-t, afries., st. F. (i): nhd. Küre, Beliebung, Wahl, Wahlmöglichkeit, Wertgegenstand, Forderung eines Eides, Eid, Eidesleistung; ne. choice, worthy object (N.), claim (N.) of an oath, oath (N.); ÜG.: lat. cōnstitūtio L 15, ēlēctio KE; Vw.: s. kê-r-e-, liōd-, nê-d-, ze-r-k-, -fri-ō-nd; Hw.: vgl. ae. cyst, as. kust*, ahd. kust*; Q.: S, B, R, E, H, W, Jur, L 15, KE; E.: germ. *kusti-, *kustiz, st. F. (i), Wahl, Prüfung; s. idg. *g̑eus-, V., kosten (V.) (2), genießen, schmecken, Pokorny 399; W.: nfries. kest; L.: Hh 57a, Hh 163, Rh 866b

kest = tassel = silk ribbon = usually won as a first prize, you get the tassel, the silk ribbon for the worthiest showing.

First-Place-206x300.jpg

Edited by The Puzzler

I think the right side to use is the one most people prefer to use when reaching out in the dark: the test-er.

Great associations VG, and plezant that you are back.

I can add this one: vin-geren = vin(d) - (be)geren

... rather than Latin, which test, testi and all the textile words come from.

These don't have to come from Latin.

Latin is a relatively new (writing) language, only overrepresented in our (relatively) old texts.

Great associations VG, and plezant that you are back.

I can add this one: vin-geren = vin(d) - (be)geren

These don't have to come from Latin.

Latin is a relatively new (writing) language, only overrepresented in our (relatively) old texts.

Yes, I enjoyed VGs Babylonian ramblings too.

I agree, in a roundabout way, however I personally prefer to look at words with a proto-Germanic root when possible indicating a more original than imported word to me.

I look at the PIE suggestion and it's various lines, if the word comes through French from Latin it's likely IMO to be a borrowed word, however, if from the root, it goes to Ancient Gk or Latin and is in early Germanic languages or a proto-Germanic word it's possible the word is original. Token is in that category.

Joachim Hoppers has gone onto my list of suspects, for hoax writers of the OLB if I believed that at all.

Edited by The Puzzler

Great to see you back VG.

from the possible Punjab end .....from a deffinition by Muhammad bin Naveed.

Taxila was known in the Sanskrit language as Takshashila , the land of the Takhshas ( the serpent race) and another name was Naggaruda (Nag = snake) this is the Aramaic name of Taxila ,and Taxila is the Greek transliteration , in its Aramaic time Taxila or Naggaruda was called "the city of Cut (or fashioned ) stones"

as Taks meant "Cut or fashioned " in Sanskrit .

In buddhist times it was called Taksira , Tak being cut or fashioned , and sira meaning head , the Buddha explained this as a name from the story of Boddhisatva agreeing to have his head cut off , as a sacrifice to a Brahman from Bhadrasila , apparently a well known story , which the Buddha said had happened in Taxila.

after a sacking of the city , a new city was built called Sirkap , and the meaning is the same in the language of the new occupants of the land "sir = Head and Kap = Cut "

another explanation is that Taksha was a son of Bharata , who was given the area to rule on

attaining adult age .

Edited by Passing Time

Taxila was known in the Sanskrit language as Takshashila , the land of the Takhshas ( the serpent race) and another name was Naggaruda (Nag = snake) this is the Aramaic name of Taxila ,and Taxila is the Greek transliteration, in its Aramaic time Taxila or Naggaruda was called "the city of Cut (or fashioned ) stones"

as Taks meant "Cut or fashioned " in Sanskrit .

after a sacking of the city , a new city was built called Sirkap , and the meaning is the same in the language of the new occupants of the land "sir = Head and Kap = Cut "

Interesting. I wonder whether it meant or is related to our 'capital city'. We Dutch also have 'hoofdstad' (head city) for a capital city.

Edited by Ell

I am transliterating parts of this book on my blog. [...] It contains some very relevant information.

Another relevant fragment on p.11-12:

Doch Friso overleden zijnde (wien sy schrijven gemaeckt ende naghelaten te hebben/ zijn reysboeck/ die contracte/ en 'tverbondt met die Stenden van Duytslant/ die deylinge van Vrieslant ende andere saecken) is in zijn plaetse ghevolger Adel zijne oudtste zoone/ een Prince van milden natuyre/ ende goede zeden/ die welcke die wetten die by zijn Vader tot die regeeringe/ ende proufijt der ondersaten gemaeckt waren/ niet alleen heeft toghestemmet ende voor goedt ghehouden/ maer oock d'selve met nieuwe additien/ ende toedaeningen versien/ ende int gheschrifte (alhoewel het seer te twijffelen staet om dat Tacitus lange daer na die wetenschap der letteren die Duytschen ontneemt) verbetert.

In other words: When Friso died, he left his travelling journal, contracts, his covenant with various German cities,documents about the division of Friesland, among other things. When his son Adel succeeded him, he was said to have improved some of the written laws. Winsemius (1586-1644) adds a note saying that this is questionable, as Tacitus suggested that the Germanic tribes didn't read and write.

This book was published in 1622, in the early years of the most terrible Thirty Years' War (1618-1648), in which also the Dutch Republic took part. It is obvious that the book partly was of political (propagandistic) importance, specially since it was licensed by, and dedicated to the government. Still, much can be learnt from it.

This book was published in 1622, in the early years of the most terrible Thirty Years' War (1618-1648), in which also the Dutch Republic took part. It is obvious that the book partly was of political (propagandistic) importance, specially since it was licensed by, and dedicated to the government. Still, much can be learnt from it.

Anyone know why the son of Johann VI , was named Ernst Casimir I , he was stadholder of Friesland , what was the connection to Cashmere , is it the wooly jumpers ? .. or are we talking of a connection to the Kasmir and Jammu valley in the Himalayas ?

Or both ? a breed of sheep developed in the North of Friesland , or the heights of Kashmir are

going to develop a very luxurious coat to battle the cold , have any tests been done on the DNA

of sheep in both places i wonder .

Edited by Passing Time

Casimir

masc. proper name, from Medieval Latin Casimirus from Polish Kazimierz, literally "proclaimer of peace," from kazać "to preach" + mir "peace" (see Mir).

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?allowed_in_frame=0&search=casimir&searchmode=none

Nice.

Proclaimers of peace are seldom (extraordinary) but I doubt it's the etymology of Kashmir, which has a couple of them, none seemingly relative to 'seldom' however or peace proclaiming. What's interesting though, is it is the place Jessos was from...

Indeed … and as exercise I have entertained a bit further the thought of Kashmir as a plain in the mountains, as an ‘extra-ordinary’ sight and also the birthplace of Buddha (Jesus?).

Now I’m inclined to see the etymology of ‘Kashmir’ apart from what is described in OLB as ‘extra-ordinary’.

It felt in the beginning a bit odd to interprete the part “that is” in this case as not the literal meaning of Kasamyr, but rather as a personal appreciation of the writer about the fact that such a vast plain lays in the mountains. Wow: that is extra-ordinary! A stretched out plain in the middle of the mountains, what a sight that must be.

How ordinary in a very mountaneous area is a stretched out, vast plain?

Not quite.

And maybe this not-quite ordinary feature within the mountains was on top of that of an unequalled beauty, the paradise on earth as some say.

What makes it all extra-ordinary in it's environment.

“In the heart of Findasland, upon a mountain, lies a plain called Kasamyr (Cashmere) that is “extraordinary.” There was a child born whose mother was the daughter of a king, and whose father was a high-priest.”

Now when thinking about it, i also have difficulties to separate the “extra” from the “ordinary” in the word Kashmir if one should take it litteraly.

But in the light of the earlier remarks the question remains the same: what does it mean then; Kasa-myr? And in the case “extra-ordinary” is not intended to be the litteral etymological explanation, the question comes across whether the author did not know it’s meaning, fi the Himalayas Himmellæja were given an explanation about the name itself.

I tend to think now of Kash-Mer as an equivalent of ‘Katspoel’ in Dutch.

So we are talking about a possible Kats-meer, a lake surrounded by walls (the mountains) which are like the “kades” that contain or border the lake, or just the “quays”, as we can see in the “ghats” bordering the Ganges. And what is enclosed in this way is very well secluded, cacher in french.

So Kasa is realy the Casa (home), “het kast-je” in Dutch: where we live in and feel secured. Kist van een huis :-)

The cash we are talking in our languages can come from the same ‘kas’ as enclosure -> there where the bare money is (ge)held.

In short: i think Cashmere like a giant Katspoel(Kats-meer).

Variants or alike as the roots in

“ketsen” (see also cat: to bounce of and to chase or to drive, kades/quays when water involved, maybe even up and down movement of the water level) and

“meer” (lake).

I think this could also be the same for the root of Chatti (Hesse).

But then as chasing mercenary trops bringing and/or destroying peace, one for the propaganda, one for the real.

Anyway, think gonna read a bit about the lake of Galilee. For the sport :-)

• Like 1

Interesting thoughts VG ........so Casa (home ) Mere (sea) .. the home of the sea.

one way to see the Himmalayas could i suppose be as the birth place of the sea , it is up here where all those rivers are born ,which travel down the land to eventually reach , and could possibly be seen to produce the sea .

you mention walls around it and Katsmeer being the 'Kades' , could Kades be the same word as the Spanish Gades , being the Kades (Gates ) of Heracles , Gates so big that only a God like Heracles could open them, which is probably an early legend of how the Gates were opened and the sea poured in to form the Meditteranean Sea.even the word Ghats is similar to the word Gates.

there is also the Indian Legend of Lakes in the Kashmir area formed by the melting

glaciers ,the walls of which were knocked down by the Caledonian Boar ,evil gods lived in them

and they were killed when the waters were released , around the area of Baramundi and flooded the plain land underneath , including devastating Uri which is half way down the mountains.The Indian sage involved here was Kasyapa , it was also Kasyapa who Lokamanya Bal Gangadar Tilac says

visited the North Pole , and saw the 2 months of dawn when the sun never rose , and declared he would never leave , in his book " The Arctic home in the Vedas"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Arctic_Home_in_the_Vedas

more of these coincidenses occuring between India and the North West , Switzerland is the

mountainous region of the North , and Uri is one of the Swiss cantons

Do you guys up North see any reason/connection to all those Casimirs JO linked to , which could link to Kashmir ?

Edited by Passing Time
  • Like 1

A post by a friend/member on another site , named Leguy , in response to a thread on the Celts in 2014,

" according to the chronicle a vast army of Gauls and Gaels went off to fight for Alexander the Great of Macedonia/Greece, but in so doing they were breaking long held traditions against fighting in foreign lands , Ireland for instance had always remained strictly neutral , and did not believe in attracting revenge attacks from more advanced foreign powers.

This meant that after the war , these soldiers had to find a new place to settle , as they would not be allowed back into Keltic lands , these soldiers went to Turkey ,where they founded Galatia, with their new capital An-Coire (ANKARA ) which is echoed in places still in Ireland..An-coire in county Sligo , and Tobar-an-coire . ( note An-Coire is also an ancient name for Stonehenge and in Irish/Gaelic means the Couldron.)"

just thought that was interesting comparing it to Jon not beng allowed back after he fought Ka-lip ( for me - a Caliph ) in a foreign land.

Edited by Passing Time
  • Like 1

After straining my brain again on Kashmir, it might etymologically mean 'village in the sky' - sky village

Based on the word Akasha meaning aether, which is common to say sky apparently, it means a space, literally in the aether.

That is a Sanskrit word.

The myr/Mir part is tricky and I actually don't see it being related to meer or mere or even mire, but a proto Russian that may have been borrowed from Iranian, which gives me a Sanskrit link to the word Mir, as in the name of the Russian Mir space station. It's an ancient word that means peace, commune, village.

Very tentative at best I realise.

I do not think the name Kasamyr is Fryan, but native and simply describes exactly what it is.

The whole plain of Kashmir is known through time to be a literal paradise, like VG said, but I go for the Fryan word sjeldum, which translates as rare, rather than extraordinary, even though that may seem picky, it's important to me.

• Like 1

Its all just so confusing , as there are so many possibilities , and so many opinions in connection with etymology

i am currently reading collectanea de rebus hibernicus..... it conjectures that Ganga means just river , so it was not its name,but a description , its name was the Sunnan , which they then connect to the Shannon ........, the large lake on the Shannon called Lough Rhea they then connect this name to the Locrians , and Gaius as a Roman pre-nom , they say came from Galus.

it then takes another 3 months to finish the book , because you are constantly following up each point , which straightaway needs more research ... eg:- typing Galus into google leads me straight to a definition of the jewish diaspora of the 6th C.(two words which i had never connected before )so

are the Gauls , Galicians ,Galli all Semites , ex Galileans ?

so is Gaius Julius Caesar a Semite ? ( because they passed these names down through their families ), were the Greek Locrians (the first people to be recorded as being called Hellenes) really Irish ......were those from Uri , echoed in the swiss cantons (which i think is where the village on the lake set on Piles is situated we have discussed before .. way back )originally from UR ,

and does the name Silurians take on more meaning ( from where they came from in South Wales Uther and Arthur were probably Silurians.)

you may be wondering what this all has to do with OLB , but after reading Layamons Brut ,at this time i think we are either all one people as so called Celts , or if not we formed a union to keep out all invaders

La Tene and La-Tine or Latin , anyone know where the name La Tene comes from ,

is it the old name of the district or is it was just a name given to the area by modern Archaeologists ?

i feel like i am going round in circles.....could be time for a break .

Edited by Passing Time