Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 3]

Abramelin

I believe the Vestal Virgins were an old European Fryan tradition that was alive in Alba Longa before Rome rose to power, possibly Fryans themselves yes, from the outposts they had in Near Krekaland (Italy).

Possibly.

Numa was of Sabine origin, not actually Roman. The Romans stole much of their cultural knowledge from the Sabines, who held the older knowledge of matriarchial law, that's how I believe it filtered into Roman life.

Well that seems to hold together.

Are there other links with the ancient world, religious beliefs, law, customs etc. that you believe descended from the Frisians?

What of the modern world, are their beliefs or habits that exist today?

Not the primary purpose perhaps but it is brought up and it has caused quite a lot of comment, interest and controversy. Naturally it's therefore of interest.

So it would seem that, according to the OLB, the land to the east was empty?

It describes the upper part of Scandinavia as largely empty of people, when the Finns migrated into it, from the east, in 2093 BC.

The land to the East was full of Findas folk, that is Asia, starting at Asia Minor.

Yes, that's the thing, Asia Minor, we're talking Turkic, Armenian and Indian peoples aren't we? At least that's who inhabits those lands today and they have for quite some time.

Edited by zxc

The first Folksmoder was named Fasta.

Yes, as mentioned I say she is Vesta. Egeria may have been a high positioned burg maiden of her time, in Alba Longa, a 'high priestess' but not a Folksmother.

Well that seems to hold together.

Are there other links with the ancient world, religious beliefs, law, customs etc. that you believe descended from the Frisians?

What of the modern world, are their beliefs or habits that exist today?

The OLB is full of parallels with Greek mythology, including, for example, references to Athena and Minos.

The canal folk of the English Midlands are desceded from Frisan sailors and retain a number of pre-Christian beliefs. In more general terms, the suppression of witches in medieval Europe was an attack on the old, matriarchal religion.

Yes, as mentioned I say she is Vesta. Egeria may have been a high positioned burg maiden of her time, in Alba Longa, a 'high priestess' but not a Folksmother.

Indeed, she may well have been.

It would be incorrect to call a Volksmoeder a High Priestess? Perhaps a Chiefteness would be better?

Yes, that's the thing, Asia Minor, we're talking Turkic, Armenian and Indian peoples aren't we? At least that's who inhabits those lands today and they have for quite some time.

There's no picking out different cultures or societies - It's about Negroid, Mongoloid, Caucasian, that's all you need. People can't seem to talk race these days without it becoming some palava about being racist. (Not you but if we keep discussing this aspect, someone will pop up.) It's quite simple and that's all it means.

I'd love to stay but I must do bed, it's Christmas Eve here and I think I can hear Santa going over....

Edited by The Puzzler

It would be incorrect to call a Volksmoeder a High Priestess? Perhaps a Chiefteness would be better?

High Priestess is a better term for the Borough Maids, one in each major town. The Folk Mother was in overall charge of them all.

• Like 1

The OLB is full of parallels with Greek mythology, including, for example, references to Athena and Minos.

The canal folk of the English Midlands are desceded from Frisan sailors and retain a number of pre-Christian beliefs. In more general terms, the suppression of witches in medieval Europe was an attack on the old, matriarchal religion.

That's a theory, it's also possible that it was just a fervent belief in the devil and fears that his servants were amongst us, so to speak.

I'll have to look up these midland canal folk, are there any good books or papers on them? Ideally a kindle version, Gutenberg works on Kindle.

There's no picking out different cultures or societies - all Asia/Asia Minor = yellow people. It's about Negroid, Mongoloid, Caucasian, that's all you need. People can't seem to talk race these days without it becoming some palava about being racist. (Not you but if we keep discussing this aspect, someone will pop up.) It's quite simple and that's all it means.

I'd love to stay but I must do bed, it's Christmas Eve here and I think I can hear Santa going over....

Yes, people get silly about race and racism, even going so far as to censor the past, but the subject is of interest. Including the Nazi take on it, I'm afraid I will be at some stage, delicately, bringing that up.

High Priestess is a better term for the Borough Maids, one in each major town. The Folk Mother was in overall charge of them all.

Yes, that makes sense.

Thank you both very much for your good answers and patience. Have a merry Christmas.

I shall pester you both at some later stage.

:santa:

I claimed in my initial post that the Oera Linda wasn't to be found at Project Gutenberg, that's not true, somehow I missed it yesterday.

Free download here: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/40986

Edited by zxc

Refreshing... some new blood maybe , might fire us all up again... some good questions , and some great answers from Tony .

seasons best wishes to you all .... looking forward to next years perambulations around the OLB . regards ..Passing Time

• Like 1

Yes, people get silly about race and racism, even going so far as to censor the past, but the subject is of interest. Including the Nazi take on it, I'm afraid I will be at some stage, delicately, bringing that up.

Yes, that makes sense.

Thank you both very much for your good answers and patience. Have a merry Christmas.

I shall pester you both at some later stage.

:santa:

I claimed in my initial post that the Oera Linda wasn't to be found at Project Gutenberg, that's not true, somehow I missed it yesterday.

Free download here: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/40986

That's fine but the Nazi take on it holds no interest to me nor holds any reasoning why it should prove or disprove it, which is where my true interest and time is spent, over years you have to narrow it down to what's really important to yourself.

However, that's not to say it might not be of interest to anyone.

Pester away, we all thrive on it. Tony came out of left field there to pop up and answer your questions, haven't seen him here in quite some time but our interest is very high and genuine so it doesn't surprise me at all.

Edited by The Puzzler

Hello again,

While it seems at first glance that Lyda is from Africa is it possible that she may have been from Asia Minor?

She has black hair curled like a lambs. Now lambs wool is crimped and wavy, so one could read that into Lyda's hair was fuzzy like a Negros or curly like, well I don't know, lot of curly hair in Anatolia, Turkey.

I'm not saying that Lyda is, or is not, African, I'm more curious about the lack of the fourth people. To simplify broadly, we have White, Yellow, Brown, Black.

Considering the part of the world we're talking about, did the yellow used to live were the brown now do, or are the brown what is described as the yellow?

Are we talking of skin colour or hair?

I know it's a petty little point, and in pursuing it we risk bombastic rants from those concerned with racism, but I find it curious.

That's fine but the Nazi take on it holds no interest to me nor holds any reasoning why it should prove or disprove it, which is where my true interest and time is spent, over years you have to narrow it down to what's really important to yourself.

However, that's not to say it might not be of interest to anyone.

Pester away, we all thrive on it. Tony came out of left field there to pop up and answer your questions, haven't seen him here in quite some time but our interest is very high and genuine so it doesn't surprise me at all.

The Nazi interest in this work has some historical interest. It seems to be one of the reasons this book isn't better known, a sort of conscientious censorship.

I'm not really all that interested in how the book proves Nazist theory.

It is very interesting, I'm far from convinced, at this stage I'd be saying it's a hoax, perhaps a joke would be a better term than hoax.

That being said, my knowledge on all things Oera Linda is extremely slight.

My problem is that it's just too neat, or so it seems after my very short aquaintance with it. That of course is a weak argument.

I hope Christmas was good for you.

Edited by zxc

The captains (skiprun) are mentioned earlier.

There is certainly much of value in the OLB. For example, its date for the destruction of Atland, 2194 BC, is now known to be very close to the previous appearance of Comet Hale-Bopp, a fact unknown until the 1990s.

The OLB's description of Atland, or Atlantis, corresponds very closely to the submerged land in the North Sea called Doggerland by archaeologists.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doggerland

I'm going to jump back to here for a moment. Tony, how do you justify the OLBs description of Aldland being in the North Sea?

Can you show specific parts that do this because I can only show parts that place it in the East, in Findasland.

Alewyn also has it in the North Sea area as does the Atlantis/Atland connections.

I just can't find them. After all this time, I cannot conclusively place it out of Findasland using the OLB.

Hello again,

While it seems at first glance that Lyda is from Africa is it possible that she may have been from Asia Minor?

She has black hair curled like a lambs. Now lambs wool is crimped and wavy, so one could read that into Lyda's hair was fuzzy like a Negros or curly like, well I don't know, lot of curly hair in Anatolia, Turkey.

I'm not saying that Lyda is, or is not, African, I'm more curious about the lack of the fourth people. To simplify broadly, we have White, Yellow, Brown, Black.

Considering the part of the world we're talking about, did the yellow used to live were the brown now do, or are the brown what is described as the yellow?

Are we talking of skin colour or hair?

I know it's a petty little point, and in pursuing it we risk bombastic rants from those concerned with racism, but I find it curious.

To me, it's like Noah had 3 sons, each said to be ancestors of the 3 main race types. There is no fourth, no red, no brown, only 3 is needed in the context and age of said texts. Modern writings by such as Madame Blatavsky don't count.

Conventional post-12th century depiction of the Biblical magi (Adoração dos Magos by Vicente Gil). Balthasar, the youngest magus, bears frankincense and represents Africa. To the left stands Caspar, middle-aged, bearing gold and representing Asia. On his knees is Melchior, oldest, bearing myrrh and representing Europe. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magi

It's more like that, a continent representation rather than anything else. Anything else makes it unnecessarily messy.

Edited by The Puzzler

To me, it's like Noah had 3 sons, each said to be ancestors of the 3 main race types. There is no fourth, no red, no brown, only 3 is needed in the context and age of said texts. Modern writings by such as Madame Blatavsky don't count.

Conventional post-12th century depiction of the Biblical magi (Adoração dos Magos by Vicente Gil). Balthasar, the youngest magus, bears frankincense and represents Africa. To the left stands Caspar, middle-aged, bearing gold and representing Asia. On his knees is Melchior, oldest, bearing myrrh and representing Europe. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magi

It's more like that, a continent representation rather than anything else. Anything else makes it unnecessarily messy.

Africa, Australia, the Americas, the Antarctic are neat continents, Asia and Europe aren't they've a long land border and they aren't geographically obvious.

I take it that you think that the biblical story has certain similarities as the OL, would you perhaps believe that the OL is the origin of the bible and other religious tracts?

You're, forgive me if I'm mistaken, one of the stronger proponents for the OL's authenticity here in this forum?

You seem to think that the sunken land was in the east rather than the west, this of course rules out Doggerland, how do you come to that conclusion? Isn't the word west actually used in the OL?

You believe the sunken land was in the mediterranean?

I think Skipper (Skiprun) rather than Captain is the word, a small meaningless point but it means something to me.

Edited by zxc

I'm going to jump back to here for a moment. Tony, how do you justify the OLBs description of Aldland being in the North Sea?

Can you show specific parts that do this because I can only show parts that place it in the East, in Findasland.

Alewyn also has it in the North Sea area as does the Atlantis/Atland connections.

I just can't find them. After all this time, I cannot conclusively place it out of Findasland using the OLB.

There is no specific passage in the OLB that places Atland in the North Sea, and this is one of the many topics for which archaeology can offer invaluable insight. Since archaeologists now accept that there was a sunken land in the North Sea, directly adjacent to the areas where most of the events of the OLB took place, we may assume that this is the submergence that affected them the most.

It's also true that the OLB says that the Finns, or Finda's folk, lived in Aldland/Atland, and that it was far away. But if so, it seems odd that the Frisians would base their entire chronology on its destruction. I think there is definitely some confusion here in the source texts. The OLB tells us that when Frya had given her Tex, the land of Flyland sank into the sea. The conflagration of 2194 BC was clearly very widespread, and when the OLB uses a term like Aldland, or Old Land, it could, in theory, be referring to any number of sunken places, including Flyland in the North Sea, which I would equate with Doggerland. It sank, leaving the small Frisian islands behind.

When Inka set sail from Cadiz looking for remnants of Atland, he clearly wasn't heading east, so in this context, at least, Atland probably refers to somewhere else.

Edited by Tony S.

Africa, Australia, the Americas, the Antarctic are neat continents, Asia and Europe aren't they've a long land border and they aren't geographically obvious.

I take it that you think that the biblical story has certain similarities as the OL, would you perhaps believe that the OL is the origin of the bible and other religious tracts?

You're, forgive me if I'm mistaken, one of the stronger proponents for the OL's authenticity here in this forum?

You seem to think that the sunken land was in the east rather than the west, this of course rules out Doggerland, how do you come to that conclusion? Isn't the word west actually used in the OL?

You believe the sunken land was in the mediterranean?

I think Skipper (Skiprun) rather than Captain is the word, a small meaningless point but it means something to me.

You have to place your mind back somewhat here. No one knew about Australia, the Americas or Antarctica. The 3 main known ancient continents are simply Africa, Asia And Europe.

I think Wralda is the original creator God of many religions.

My initial reaction, my first posts had the Aunty as the joke hoax writer. After a while I'm like hang on, this actually seems to make some sense. I would like to think it was authentic, for many reasons but my mind is open at all times looking for that point which might totally null and void it, I haven't found it yet quite frankly. Lots of things don't seem apparent but nothing totally disproves it, which is why it's still controversial. You need lots of dedication, tenacity and genuine love of the subject to study and defend the OLB without wholly believing it. It depends on the person too, different strokes, different folks.

No word west, I'm on an iPad, when I get on my computer I'll copy the relevant texts.

It's kinda cryptic, like the whole book.

Edited by The Puzzler

You have to place your mind back somewhat here. No one knew about Australia, the Americas or Antarctica. The 3 main known ancient continents are simply Africa, Asia And Europe.

I think Wralda is the original creator God of many religions.

My initial reaction, my first posts had the Aunty as the joke hoax writer. After a while I'm like hang on, this actually seems to make some sense. I would like to think it was authentic, for many reasons but my mind is open at all times looking for that point which might totally null and void it, I haven't found it yet quite frankly. Lots of things don't seem apparent but nothing totally disproves it, which is why it's still controversial. You need lots of dedication, tenacity and genuine love of the subject to study and defend the OLB. It depends on the person too, different strokes, different folks.

No word west, I'm on an iPad, when I get on my computer I'll copy the relevant texts.

It's kinda cryptic, like the whole book.

Puzzles, you are missing my objection, I do not expect the OL to mention Australia or the Antarctic. I am curious that a document written by people who were primarily in Western Europe and to a lesser extent the Mediterranean should seem aware of Asians (in the Australian use of the term) but ignore people from Asia minor.

Certainly people could have been aware and even traded with Asians, but, what about the Levant and Asia Minor? Were Asians further east and Asia Minorians (haha) somewhere else?

If you are in modern day Spain, southernmost part of claimed Frisian empire, who is to your south? Are they black or brown? Both, obviously, but that's the furthest south and the are is dominated by brown not black.

This is true of Italy also.

If you live in Germany, who is to your east? Yellow people? No, other white people, but beyond that, brown people, yes?

Does this matter, well, only in the sense that it's interesting.

It's worth remarking that you have me at an extreme disadvantage, I have not known of this matter for as long as you have therefore I haven't read many books on the subject.

I have, quickly, read the OL and need to do so more seriously and taking notes. I have done some basic internet searches. I have read some of thise UM threads.

My questions may be basic, but, that's to be expected.

If Frya is Freya, who is Lyda? I don't think Leda is a good fit.

Edited by zxc

Puzzles, you are missing my objection, I do not expect the OL to mention Australia or the Antarctic. I am curious that a document written by people who were primarily in Western Europe and to a lesser extent the Mediterranean should seem aware of Asians (in the Australian use of the term) but ignore people from Asia minor.

Certainly people could have been aware and even traded with Asians, but, what about the Levant and Asia Minor? Were Asians further west and Asia Minorians (haha) somewhere else?

If you are in modern day Spain, southernmost part of claimed Frisian empire, who is to your south? Are they black or brown?

This is true of Italy also.

If you live in Germany, who is to your east? Yellow people? No, other white people, but beyond that, brown people, yes?

Does this matter, well, only in the sense that it's interesting.

It's worth remarking that you have me at an extreme disadvantage, I have not known of this matter for as long as you have therefore I haven't read many books on the subject.

I have, quickly, read the OL and need to do so more seriously and taking notes. I have done some basic internet searches. I have read some of thise UM threads.

My questions may be basic, but, that's to be expected.

If Frya is Freya, who is Lyda? I don't think Leda is a good fit.

The Frisians had extensive knowledge of parts of Asia, in particular the Indian Subcontinent, having had a large colony in the Punjab area for well over a milliennium. This is all described in great detail in the OLB.

The Frisians had extensive knowledge of parts of Asia, in particular the Indian Subcontinent, having had a large colony in the Punjab area for well over a milliennium. This is all described in great detail in the OLB.

Indeed, Asia minor, yes?

Indeed, Asia minor, yes?

It mentions Troy a few times. There is also a reference to Lydia, but Sandbach glosses this as Libya (or "Lybia") and assumes it refers to North Africa, rather than the historical Lydia in Anatolia.

Edited by Tony S.