Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 3]

Abramelin

I discovered and describe or refer to in some of my e-books, a huge space habitat, the interior of which was flooded by UV-light from the Sun. Commonly it is known as Hell (from a Scandivian word that means 'hidden'). It was therefore a place of darkness - in German Finsternis - and to protect against the UV radiation, undoubtedly with the aid of medication, the skin of its inhabitants became pitch black. Hence they are refered to as shades and Finns. The jinns came from the same space habitat.

Sometimes this spacehabitat is described as 'an open place in the midst of a forest'. From this I deduce that there was an inner and an outer hull kept together by a 'forest' of support pillars. Apparently there were two or three social classes: the INN class who inhabited the inner interior, and the non-INN class of poor people who inhabited the outer interior, and a third class of outcasts and outlaws who inhabited the 'forest'.

So these spacehabitat Finns do not have anything to do with the OLB Finns: the two concepts 'finn' have different etymologies. As I determined - and apparently independently from me Sandbach as well - the OLB concept of Finn has the etymology of being 'refined' (sophisticated).

didyou notice in one of those quotes from Waddell's book he refers to the "Sooties" could these be the burnt people ?

Personally i don't find it that odd what O makes example of, i never looked at Jahwe that way before O's post.

Just my thoughts at the moment. I also like your connection with 'welk'. A bit like 'which' and 'each'.

re Jahwelikis , which i thought might be Jahwe , or Yahwe , i note you and Ell have split the word a different way , into

Jah-welik , if you look up JAH you will find it is the shortened version of YHWH , the proper name of the Jewish God .

you have then separated welikis , and likened it to welk , if you look up the archaic word welkin you will find it means

the sky , but more accurately the highest celestial parts.ie heaven or the abode of god , i think there is more meaning to

this word than just everyone or every .

re Jahwelikis , which i thought might be Jahwe , or Yahwe , i note you and Ell have split the word a different way , into

Jah-welik , if you look up JAH you will find it is the shortened version of YHWH , the proper name of the Jewish God .

you have then separated welikis , and likened it to welk , if you look up the archaic word welkin you will find it means

the sky , but more accurately the highest celestial parts.ie heaven or the abode of god , i think there is more meaning to

this word than just everyone or every .

Breaking it down. Firstly welk is wolken and used as such in the OLB as cloud. I don't really see any connection to HWE

welkin (n.)

"sky" (poetic), Old English wolcen "cloud," also "sky, heavens," from Proto-Germanic *welk- (cognates: Old Saxon wolkan, Old Frisian wolken, Middle Dutch wolke, Dutch wolk, Old High German wolka, German Wolke "cloud," from PIE *welg- "wet" (cognates: Lithuanian vilgyti "to moisten," Old Church Slavonic vlaga "moisture," Czech vlhky "damp").

This is how I see the JAHWELIKIS thing and if it might be related to Yahweh.

HWELIK means "which (of what form) like" - who like - eg, Godlike - whatever/whichever like

which (pron.)

Old English hwilc (West Saxon, Anglian), hwælc (Northumbrian) "which," short for hwi-lic "of what form," from Proto-Germanic *hwa-lik- (cognates: Old Saxon hwilik, Old Norse hvelikr, Swedish vilken, Old Frisian hwelik, Middle Dutch wilk, Dutch welk, Old High German hwelich, German welch, Gothic hvileiks "which"), from *hwi- "who" (see who) + *likan "body, form" (cognates: Old English lic "body;" see like (adj.)). In Middle English used as a relative pronoun where Modern English would use who, as still in the Lord's Prayer. Old English also had parallel forms hwelc and hwylc, which disappeared 15c.

JA-HWELIKis

JA is ever

HWELIK is HWE+LIK = WHO LIKE = WHICH (form) LIKE? That which is - whosoever - who ever - everyone

HWE = WHO

who (pron.)

Old English hwa "who," sometimes "what; anyone, someone; each; whosoever," from Proto-Germanic *hwas (cognates: Old Saxon hwe, Danish hvo, Swedish vem, Old Frisian hwa, Dutch wie, Old High German hwer, German wer, Gothic hvo (fem.) "who"), from PIE *kwo-, stem of relative and interrogative pronouns (cognates: Sanskrit kah "who, which;" Avestan ko, Hittite kuish "who;" Latin quis/quid "in what respect, to what extent; how, why," qua "where, which way," qui/quae/quod "who, which;" Lithuanian kas "who;" Old Church Slavonic kuto, Russian kto "who;" Old Irish ce, Welsh pwy "who").

The name "YHWH" is probably derived from the Hebrew triconsonantal rootהיה (h-y-h), "to be", become, come to pass", with a third person masculine y- prefix, equivalent to English "he".[6][8][9] It is connected to the passage in Exodus 3:14 in which God gives his name as אֶהְיֶהאֲשֶׁראֶהְיֶה (Ehyeh Asher Ehyeh), where the verb[which?], translated most basically as "I am that I am", or "I shall be what I shall be", "I shall be what I am"[10] or "I will become what I choose to become",[11] " I Will Become whatsoever I please".[12]יהוה with the vocalization "Yahweh" could theoretically be a hif'il (causative) verb inflection of root HWH, with a meaning something like "he who causes to exist" (the Creator) or "who gives life" (the root idea of the word being "to breathe", and hence, "to live").[13][14] As a qal (basic stem) verb inflection, it could mean "he who is, who exists” https://en.wikipedia.../Tetragrammaton

YAHWEH is whosoever he pleases.

Strangely connecting but not very kosher according to etymology rules. :innocent:

W'RALDA if we noted WER as WHOSOEVER - HE who is (the form of) - (to be) that which is - the OLDEST could make some kind of sense also.

Edited by The Puzzler

Funny you mention Misselja as being nothing more than a colony for that is what I also wanted to add to that post you quoted. The OLB tells us that this island was not too close to "the Mother", so it wouldn't become a problem if it was sold to those Golar. Hence: not all of France was under Fryan rule.

About the largest extent of the Fryan territory: we have discussed that in part I or II.

And Westland is an area that still exists with that name, and it's located in the Dutch province of Zuidholland; I almost grew up there. It's famous for its greenhouses.

Btw, I copied a picture created by E. Poorthuis, Frontier Magazine). It's from an old article in that magazine about the OLB. Although I don't agree with the rest of his article (it was a series of 4 articles), he did create a map that comes close to my idea about how that map should look. He also published a picture of a 'citadel', a better one than the one created by Overwijn, the one I once posted in this thread.

My problem with these pictures is that - here in the internet café - I seem unable to upload them from a USB stick, or from a link. But as soon as I succeed, I will post them here.

Yes, it must have been only the northern part of France that was under Fryan rule. But the Fryans may have controlled River Rhône, as it was an important waterway for the trade north. Marseille is situated close to the rivermouth.

It would have been interesting to see the map and the pictures you mention.

I have difficulties believing that Westland in Zuidholland is the same Westland as is mentioned in the Oera Linda Book, though, because according to the book it should have been west of whole Fryasland - west of Schelde. Westland of Zuidholland is (north)east of the Zeven Eilanden, which belonged to Fryasland.

Edited by Apol

Yes, it must have been only the northern part of France that was under Fryan rule. But the Fryans may have controlled River Rhône, as it was an important waterway for the trade north. Marseille is situated close to the rivermouth.

It would have been interesting to see the map and the pictures you mention.

I have difficulties believing that Westland in Zuidholland is the same Westland as is mentioned in the Oera Linda Book, though, because according to the book it should have been west of whole Fryasland - west of Schelde. Westland of Zuidholland is (north)east of the Zeven Eilanden, which belonged to Fryasland.

It always struck me that this name might really be a different sort of WESTLAND. Not actually describing a direction but describing it's nature (Britain that is) - uncultivated, deserted, wild, a wasteland, moor country, which it all was. Only the tin miners and the banished lived there.

wēste 1 und häufiger, wē-st-e, afries., Adj.: nhd. wüst, verwüstet; ne. deserted; Hw.: vgl. ae. wœ̄ste, anfrk. wuosti, as. wōsti*, ahd. wuosti*; Q.: AA 114; E.: germ. *wōsta-, *wōstaz, *wōstja-, *wōstjaz, Adj., wüst, unbewohnt; idg. *u̯āstos, Adj., öde, wüst, Pokorny 1113; s. idg. *eu- (1), *eu̯ə-, *u̯ā-, *u̯ə-, V., Adj., mangeln, leer, Pokorny 345; L.: AA 114

That word does have the line over the e - but here it doesn't, once it's an Old English version.

waste (n.) c. 1200, "desolate regions," from Anglo-French and Old North French wast "waste, damage, destruction; wasteland, moor" (Old French gast), from Latin vastum, neuter of vastus "waste" (see waste (v.)).

Replaced or merged with Old English westen, woesten "a desert, wilderness," from the Latin word. Meanings "consumption, depletion," also "useless expenditure" are from c. 1300; sense of "refuse matter" is attested from c. 1400. Waste basket first recorded 1850.

waste (v.) c. 1200, "devastate, ravage, ruin," from Anglo-French and Old North French waster "to waste, squander, spoil, ruin" (Old French gaster; Modern French gâter), altered (by influence of Frankish *wostjan) from Latin vastare "lay waste," from vastus "empty, desolate, waste" (see vain). Related: wasted; wasting.

The Germanic word also existed in Old English as westan "to lay waste, ravage." Spanish gastar, Italian guastare also are from Germanic. http://etymonline.co...=0&search=waste

Another thing is, in that particular paragraph, which seems an old one, inscribed on the citadels, the word West is not used, strangely enough, for the West - they say - by êvind an thene middelsê,

Probably unprobable but I couldn't shake it and thought I'd mention it since it was bought up.

Edited by The Puzzler

I think it would not be that strange to think the God Vulcan is named after a 'cloud'. God of volcanoes, who became associated with fire and metalworking.

220px-DenglerSW-Stromboli-20040928-1230x800.jpg

Near Sicily.

Edited by The Puzzler

None of your arguments prove in any way that "TWISKLAND" is a modern invention and cannot have been anolder name.

This is the etymological dictionary I used, the one that mentioned the 12th century origin of Theodisc Land, or "das Thiusche Lant" (> enter 'diets)':

http://www.etymologiebank.nl/pdf/1911_Pluim.pdf

I know none of my arguments will convince you that the name Twiskland is nothing else but a Frisian-ish word that evolved from Theodisc Land, or Thiusche Lant, and so on, but the Swedes, Danes and Norwegens have no problems with their Tyskland being derived from Theodisc Land.

You just don't want to see the relationship between Theodisc Land, Tyskland, Thiusche Land and the OLB-an Twiskland, because if you do, you will also have to accept that it came into existence in the 12th century CE.

And it would be somewhat odd if that name showed up in a text that is supposedly 2600 years old.

Btw, if the last copy of the OLB is indeed from 1256 CE, then someone used a, then, very modern name for Germany instead of the name that was in the original MS. But if every generation of the Over de Lindens kept changing the original text to make it more understandable, then 99% of this thread, which is mainly about language, has been a waste of time.

It always struck me that this name might really be a different sort of WESTLAND. Not actually describing a direction but describing it's nature (Britain that is) - uncultivated, deserted, wild, a wasteland, moor country, which it all was. Only the tin miners and the banished lived there.

<chop>

But the OLB did indeed mention a direction: opposite ("to-jenst") from our former Westland we have Britain with its tin mines. It's not describing the nature of Britain at all. Even if you are right, then the sentence would become something like "opposite our former wasteland we have Britain with its tin mines".

Now that would sound weird, right?

Something else: the OLB has been called the Oera Linda Boek by Ottema (first he had called it the Book of Adela's followers), and by everyone after him.

Maybe I read it wrong but the name of the book is actually inside the OLB:

Nw wil ik skriwa vr Adel sin svnv.

Friso thêr vsa skidnese lêred hêde ut-et bok thêra Adellinga, hêde ella dên vmbe hjara frjundskip to winnande

Now i will write about Adel's son

Friso, who had learned our history from the Book of the Adellinga, had done everything to win her friendship.

But the OLB did indeed mention a direction: opposite ("to-jenst") from our former Westland we have Britain with its tin mines. It's not describing the nature of Britain at all. Even if you are right, then the sentence would become something like "opposite our former wasteland we have Britain with its tin mines".

Now that would sound weird, right?

It does if you're reading it as Westland and Britain being different places.

Too late here Abe but I will reread it again properly tomorrow for a clearer understanding.

Sandbach has this: "Opposite to us we had Britain, formerly Westland, with her tin mines" but I'd like to compare it better with the Fryan text, later.

It does if you're reading it as Westland and Britain being different places.

Too late here Abe but I will reread it again properly tomorrow for a clearer understanding.

Sandbach has this: "Opposite to us we had Britain, formerly Westland, with her tin mines" but I'd like to compare it better with the Fryan text, later.

And Sandbach was wrong, as we all agreeed on years ago....

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=184645&st=1485

Edited by Abramelin

And Sandbach was wrong, as we all agreeed on years ago....

http://www.unexplain...=184645&st=1485

Ok, you've convinced me. So much so that I've edited my profile for location. But where was Wr-alda's Sea? The North Sea, presumably.

The following is a map of the extent of the megalithic culture in 2194 BC. But it so closely resembles the territory described as belonging to the Frisians that it seems impossible to believe they are not one and the same. Yet in the 19th century, no one really knew the extent of the megalithic culture, and certainly not with such precision.

E2194.jpg

This is the etymological dictionary I used...

These threads have countless examples of failing 'official' etymology and I have seen many cases of etymologists disagreeing on fundamental questions among each other.

The dictionary you used assumes that "tiusche (lant)" is derived from "theodisca" (and varieties), but provides no evidence or arguments.

edit to add: But even if it had provided evidence for this, it would not have proven that "TWISKLAND" could not (also) have been an ancient name.

You just don't want to see...

Don't imagine you know what I think or (don't) want. We've been there. Let's stick to the facts.

And it would be somewhat odd...

Things may be odd in your perception, but that does not make them impossible.

This is not a scientific approach.

As always until now, your argument boils down to "I just can't imagine that the OLB is authentic."

Many discoveries in the past could not be imagined by 'skeptics' until they were generally accepted (and 'obviously' true).

Edited by Othar

... the name of the book is actually inside the OLB:

...et bok thêra Adellinga

Page 1: THET BOK THÉRA Á.DEL.A.FOLSTAR.

page 91: THET BOK THÉRA ADELA FOLLISTAR

But all three names do not refer to the 'final' version, incl. (a.o.) the text about Black Adel and the letters by Hidde and Liko.

So Ottema's use of another name is justified.

I know none of my arguments will convince you that the name Twiskland is nothing else but a Frisian-ish word that evolved from Theodisc Land, or Thiusche Lant, and so on, but the Swedes, Danes and Norwegens have no problems with their Tyskland being derived from Theodisc Land.

You just don't want to see the relationship between Theodisc Land, Tyskland, Thiusche Land and the OLB-an Twiskland, because if you do, you will also have to accept that it came into existence in the 12th century CE.

And it would be somewhat odd if that name showed up in a text that is supposedly 2600 years old.

Btw, if the last copy of the OLB is indeed from 1256 CE, then someone used a, then, very modern name for Germany instead of the name that was in the original MS. But if every generation of the Over de Lindens kept changing the original text to make it more understandable, then 99% of this thread, which is mainly about language, has been a waste of time.

In fact, it isn't completely obvious that Tyskland derives from Theodisc Land or Thiusche Land. For instance, in Hjalmar Falk and Alf Torp's Norwegian/Danish etymological dictionary, Etymologisk Ordbog over det Norske og det Danske Sprog (1903-06 / 2006), we find the word tyskendæk, which is borrowed from Dutch tusschendek (of a ship). They write (my translation) (p. 935):

Tyskendæk
(deck in between) is borrowed from Dutch
tusschendek,
Low
German
t(w)uschendeck,
whose first part is Middle Low German
tuschen, twischen
"between" (Dutsch:
tusschen
) = New High German
zwischen,
shortened in Middle Low German to
in/under twischen
(Dutsch
in-/ondertusschen
), Old High German
in/untar zwiskên
(New High German
inzwischen
); compare Old Frisian
twiska,
Anglosaxon
betwix, betweox
(English
betwixt
) "between". Underlies does the adjective Old Saxon
twisk,
Old High German
zwisk, zwiski
"double, two each", a derivation from the number-adverb
*twis
see t v e n d e. A derived verb is Old Frisian
twiskia
"separate". From constructions like Old High German
in/untar mannum zwiskên
has formed New High German
zwischen
"between", in the same way as English
between
from Anglosaxon
be sæ
m twéonum
. The original meaning of these prepositions are thus "in the middle of two".
Edited by Apol
  • Like 1

... in Hjalmar Falk and Alf Torp's Norwegian/Danish etymological dictionary, Etymologisk Ordbog over det Norske og det Danske Sprog (1903-06 / 2006), we find the word tyskendæk, which is borrowed from Dutch tusschendek (of a ship).

Excellent.

tysk - twisk - tusschen

This makes "twiskland" an argument in favour of OLB's authenticity.

Tusen takk, Apol!

• Like 1

Another Westland

Excellent.

tysk - twisk - tusschen

This makes "twiskland" an argument in favour of OLB's authenticity.

Tusen takk, Apol!

Would Switserland (Schwyz) then be the more southern part of the greater Twiskland?

http://www.etymologiewebsite.nl/wiki/zwitserland

"De oorsprong van de naam Schwyz (vroeger ook Schwiz) tenslotte is onbekend."

-> Origin unknown ???? My *ss :-)

http://www.etymologi...iki/zwitserland

"De oorsprong van de naam Schwyz (vroeger ook Schwiz) tenslotte is onbekend."

See this post from the second thread.

Wiarda Oldfrisian Dictionary, 1786 (selection):

Swet, Suet - der Schweis (Switserland)

swet, suet, sues - nahe, was nahe anlieget, Nachbarschaft, Gränze (near, what lies near, neighborhood, border)

suetha - Gränzscheidung (border)

swetten - angrenzen (to border)

Sweta - Gränzpfahl (border-pole)

swesost, swetnoet - nächst, nachbarlich (near, neighboring)

suen ethon - Mitgenossen, Collegen (fellow, collegue)

Swethen, Suethan - Nachbaren (neighbors)

Sued noten - Nachbaren, eigentlich nachbarliche Genossen, sehe Naet (neighbors)

-

Naet, nath, not - ein Genosse, Geselle (partner, companion)

My notes to this:

SWETSAR is more 'aangrenzenden', and SWETNATA 'grensgenoten', but there's hardly a difference. Buren (neighbors) for both is a liberal, but acceptable translation. Note that two varieties are used in fragment 1 and 2, only 2 lines apart. Also note that SWET, SWÉT means sweet in OLB.

IMO, it is possible that the name "Switserland" is derived from SWETSARLAND.

I don't think Twiskland had strictly defined borders. But the Alps may have been natural borders. We can only speculate as the OLB gives no clear answer to this.

Ok, you've convinced me. So much so that I've edited my profile for location. But where was Wr-alda's Sea? The North Sea, presumably.

The following is a map of the extent of the megalithic culture in 2194 BC. But it so closely resembles the territory described as belonging to the Frisians that it seems impossible to believe they are not one and the same. Yet in the 19th century, no one really knew the extent of the megalithic culture, and certainly not with such precision.

E2194.jpg

For me Wralda's Sea is the North Sea. The Frisians - during the early middle ages - dominated the North Sea, like the Fryans are supposed to have done in Wralda's Sea. The guy I posted about to Apol - Poortman (ie, not Poorthuis, like I said earlier) who wrote articles in Frontier Magazine around 2004 - also located Wralda's Sea in the North Sea.

-

I don't agree with you that the area covered by the Megalithic Culture is the same as the area covered by the Fryan Empire (or whatever you want to call it). It's 'inside' the area covered by the Megalithic Culture, sure.

I think it's odd that nowhere in the OLB we read anything about the construction of a megalithic building. We only read about the 'citadels', made from brick. You know, the Fryan burghs that appear to be hidden for ever...

In fact, it isn't completely obvious that Tyskland derives from Theodisc Land or Thiusche Land. For instance, in Hjalmar Falk and Alf Torp's Norwegian/Danish etymological dictionary, Etymologisk Ordbog over det Norske og det Danske Sprog (1903-06 / 2006), we find the word tyskendæk, which is borrowed from Dutch tusschendek (of a ship). They write (my translation) (p. 935):

Tyskendæk
(deck in between) is borrowed from Dutch
tusschendek,
Low
German
t(w)uschendeck,
whose first part is Middle Low German
tuschen, twischen
"between" (Dutsch:
tusschen
) = New High German
zwischen,
shortened in Middle Low German to
in/under twischen
(Dutsch
in-/ondertusschen
), Old High German
in/untar zwiskên
(New High German
inzwischen
); compare Old Frisian
twiska,
Anglosaxon
betwix, betweox
(English
betwixt
) "between". Underlies does the adjective Old Saxon
twisk,
Old High German
zwisk, zwiski
"double, two each", a derivation from the number-adverb
*twis
see t v e n d e. A derived verb is Old Frisian
twiskia
"separate". From constructions like Old High German
in/untar mannum zwiskên
has formed New High German
zwischen
"between", in the same way as English
between
from Anglosaxon
be sæ
m twéonum
. The original meaning of these prepositions are thus "in the middle of two".

Let me ask you this: when does Tyskland show up for the first time (in Scandinavia)?

And I am not surprized that TYSK can mean Theodisc and In Between (DU: tussen), just like TWISK can mean Theodisc and In Between.

Let's call it convergent linguistical evolution, lol.

I thought that some of you might be interested in a renowned German linguist, Theo Vennemann....

I have posted about his - controversial, yes - theories before, but nevertheless, here it is again (and notice what he tells us about the Belgae...) :

https://books.google.nl/books?id=nfU5YglHXvgC&pg=PA294&lpg=PA294&dq=theo+vennemann+%22to+appear%22+belgae&source=bl&ots=UyFLLzAvxN&sig=6o-YeSJ8YSxK7qJGuWtXlNxdkZg&hl=nl&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil3uDm_pzKAhVFxQ8KHTv_DusQ6AEIJjAA#v=onepage&q=theo%20vennemann%20%22to%20appear%22%20belgae&f=false

For me Wralda's Sea is the North Sea. The Frisians - during the early middle ages - dominated the North Sea, like the Fryans are supposed to have done in Wralda's Sea. The guy I posted about to Apol - Poortman (ie, not Poorthuis, like I said earlier) who wrote articles in Frontier Magazine around 2004 - also located Wralda's Sea in the North Sea.

-

I don't agree with you that the area covered by the Megalithic Culture is the same as the area covered by the Fryan Empire (or whatever you want to call it). It's 'inside' the area covered by the Megalithic Culture, sure.

I think it's odd that nowhere in the OLB we read anything about the construction of a megalithic building. We only read about the 'citadels', made from brick. You know, the Fryan burghs that appear to be hidden for ever...

The burgh at Liudgarda (modern Leeuwarden) described by Apollonia in the 6th century BC was made of brick, but the other bughs are simply said to be the same shape (of different sizes, with Fryasburch being the largest), and their construction materials are not mentioned. Some indeed, we may presume, were made of brick, but we cannot assume that they all were. Furthermore, the design of burghs may have changed and evolved quite considerably over the thousands of years in question, with the earlier, more primitive ones made of stone.

The shape of the burgh at Fryasburch (modern Den Burg) on Texel is still preserved in the layout of roads there, as is clearly shown on the Google satellite image, and even the modern name of the town preserves its memory:

https://www.google.c...m/data=!3m1!1e3

Edited by Tony S.