Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 3]

Abramelin

And Sandbach was wrong, as we all agreeed on years ago....

http://www.unexplain...=184645&st=1485

It does seem like the Amorican peninsula was Westland when rereading that.

To jenst vr vs formêlich Westland thêr hêdon wi Brittanja mith sina tinlâna.

Against/opposite our former Westland there is Brittania with his tin mines.

Edited by The Puzzler

For me Wralda's Sea is the North Sea. The Frisians - during the early middle ages - dominated the North Sea, like the Fryans are supposed to have done in Wralda's Sea. The guy I posted about to Apol - Poortman (ie, not Poorthuis, like I said earlier) who wrote articles in Frontier Magazine around 2004 - also located Wralda's Sea in the North Sea.

-

I don't agree with you that the area covered by the Megalithic Culture is the same as the area covered by the Fryan Empire (or whatever you want to call it). It's 'inside' the area covered by the Megalithic Culture, sure.

I think it's odd that nowhere in the OLB we read anything about the construction of a megalithic building. We only read about the 'citadels', made from brick. You know, the Fryan burghs that appear to be hidden for ever...

I don't think it that odd, megalithic cultures in Fryan Europe were mostly over by 2000BC with a few scattered ones after that. Adela is buried under a stone, which could indicate a dolmen type structure. Building may have continued in 'Westland' by Kaltas Kelts but not so much by Fryans.

~~~~~~~

I also noticed a Westland/Westerland in the area of Sylt and Britain is literally opposite it....however it doesn't seem right really.

Edited by The Puzzler

Does anyone think that the Britne here could be 'brutes'?

The wild beasts and savage britne/brutes

It doesn't seem likely that the Saxons would be encountering Britons at that point in time.

briouth, briou-th, afries., Sb.: Vw.: s. brou-t-e

Edited by The Puzzler

Another Westland

This is what the Wikipedia website (https://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westland_%28Belgi%C3%AB%29) you linked to says:

Westland
is een streek in West-Vlaanderen. Het is iets ruimer dan wat onder Bachten de Kupe en Westhoek wordt verstaan. Hoewel deze termen vaker worden gebruikt, omvat het Westland de gemeenten Veurne, Diksmuide, Ieper en Poperinge

English
:

Westland
is a region of Western Flanders. It is slightly larger than what is understood by Bachten de Kupe and Westhoek. Although these terms are used more often, Westland includes the municipalities of Veurne, Diksmuide, Ypres and Poperinge.

Yes, I think this may be a remnant of the Westland mentioned in the Oera Linda Book (p. 48/7)

Does anyone think that the Britne here could be 'brutes'?

I can certainly think of Brutes in terms of 'Broad'.

Quite broad (not well refined), like the bruto weight versus netto weight is a broad (gross) measure versus a more 'neat', net, refined measure.

Personally for the Britne I think more of the 'Af-geretene' (Ab-Retene, zij die afgescheurd zijn), those that are litteraly and figuratively ripped off/torn away from the motherland/culture.

The Channel between Brittania and the continent is the 'Reet'. So maybe the name is also geographically pointing to the fact the land/people are ripped of from the continent when the Channel was formed. In OLB also used to cast away the out-casts, tear them away the keep morals clear as possible.

For the French region Bretagne remains the question was it also because it was secluded by the forests from the rest of continent, or maybe because after a while the Britons came from Brittain back to the continent at that place.

https://archive.org/stream/nederduitschtaal01weiluoft/nederduitschtaal01weiluoft_djvu.txt

AFRIJTEN, bedr.w. , ongelijkvl. Van het fcheidb. voorz.

af en rijten (gr. pvicrvstv): ik reet af , heb af gereten. Af-

fcheuren: hij reet een ftuk van zijnen mantel af. Van hier

afrijter , afrijting.

Joachim Hoppers (1523-1576) was a Frisian lawyer and professor who worked for the Spanish king (Philip II). He appears to have written about Frisia's ancient history, but I have not found that text yet. According to the "Chronique", he wrote that the Frisians stem from the "High-Nordic peoples or Hyperboreans" and were the first to have received the secrets of writing.

In Joachim Hoppers' book Sedvardvs, sive de vera Ivrisprvdentia ad Regem, libri XII (Antwerpen, 1590), which is to be found in https://books.google.com, there is on page 325 a chapter called Themis Hyperborea, siue de Tabvla Regvm Frisiæ. I haven't been able to figure out if it is the right document, or not. I have tried to search for the sentences you mention, but I'm not sure of Latin, so I haven't found it. Maybe there is a Latin expert amongst us?

Edited by Apol

I can certainly think of Brutes in terms of 'Broad'.

Quite broad (not well refined), like the bruto weight versus netto weight is a broad (gross) measure versus a more 'neat', net, refined measure.

Personally for the Britne I think more of the 'Af-geretene' (Ab-Retene, zij die afgescheurd zijn), those that are litteraly and figuratively ripped off/torn away from the motherland/culture.

The Channel between Brittania and the continent is the 'Reet'. So maybe the name is also geographically pointing to the fact the land/people are ripped of from the continent when the Channel was formed. In OLB also used to cast away the out-casts, tear them away the keep morals clear as possible.

For the French region Bretagne remains the question was it also because it was secluded by the forests from the rest of continent, or maybe because after a while the Britons came from Brittain back to the continent at that place.

https://archive.org/...iluoft_djvu.txt

AFRIJTEN, bedr.w. , ongelijkvl. Van het fcheidb. voorz.

af en rijten (gr. pvicrvstv): ik reet af , heb af gereten. Af-

fcheuren: hij reet een ftuk van zijnen mantel af. Van hier

afrijter , afrijting.

brute (adj.) early 15c., "of or belonging to animals," from Middle French brut "coarse, brutal, raw, crude," from Latin brutus "heavy, dull, stupid," an Oscan word, from PIE root *gwere- (2) "heavy" (see grave (adj.)). Before reaching English the meaning expanded to "of the lower animals."

http://www.etymonlin....php?term=brute

I think Brittanja can mean the same thing and I think it ties in with the Latin Brutus being its namesake. Then britne imo is brutes in the sentence about the Saxons, they'd have to be near them, so not really in Brittanja but a name with the same root. Brittany might also be the same as well, crude, rough land.

I'm not really seeing the ripping from mother concept but that's what I love about this topic, it's so varied and we each have something different to offer up.

Edited by The Puzzler

I think Brittanja can mean the same thing and I think it ties in with the Latin Brutus being its namesake. Then britne imo is brutes ...

For your consideration:

[040/01] Sandbach p.59

THA AS ER ÉNIS EN SKIP FON.T FLÍ

BY VS VRSÉILDE BEN IK THÉR MITH

STOLKENS HINNE BRITH

[048/08] Sandbach p.69

BRITTANIA THAT WAS THAT LAND THÉRA BANNALINGA.

THÉR MITH HULPE HJARAR BURCHFAM WÉI BRITH WÉRON

VMBE HIRA LIF TO BIHALDANA

[055/02] Sandbach p.77

RJU FÉLO STJÛRAR ÀND LAND WÉRAR

THAM THISSE KÉR NAVT NE SINDE.

BRÛDON STOLKES HINNE KÁT MITH NÉMANDE.

[067/01] Sandbach p.93

AS JON NW SACH THÀT MÀN HIN ÀND SIN LJUD

LIK MISDÉDAR STRAFJA WILDE.

BRUDON HI STOLKES HINNE.

[164/20] Sandbach p.223

THA GEDROSTNE JEFTHA BRITNE

In Joachim Hoppers' book Sedvardvs, ...

Could be very interesting, but link does not seem to work and I can't find the book online. Can you check please?

In Joachim Hoppers' book Sedvardvs, sive de vera Ivrisprvdentia ad Regem, libri XII (Antwerpen, 1590), which is to be found in https://books.google.com, there is on page 325 a chapter called Themis Hyperborea, siue de Tabvla Regvm Frisiæ.

This is a link to Sedvardvs.

Hopper also wrote Frisii, Epistolae ad Viglium ab Aytta Zuichemum Sanctioris .

But I don't know if either of these is the relevant text.

• Like 1

I see Van Gorp, I really should stop making posts at 4am. breida is pull, jerk, rip which you see in britne words. Thanks Othar.

went away, left etc

Gedrostne jeftha britne,

the runaways

Thêra thêr in da hâge marka sâton, thêr anna Twisklanda pâlon, wrdon Saxmanna hêton, uthâwede hja immer wêpned wêron vr thæt wilde kwik ænd vrwildarda Britne.

OK, I knew then I'd find it here: Tha Twislândar thæt sind bannane ænd wêi britne Fryas-bern,

Banished and fugitive children...

So, the Saxon was defending against wild beasts and the fugitives basically, runaways - that inhabited Twiskland

Brittanje could also be named that because it was inhabited by the banished (and fugitive) - I also get the torn from the motherland thing now.

Edited by The Puzzler

Trying to think of English word for breida, (I thought it was break at first) it was braid and bridle - bridle for holding a horse or such but also interesting then how bride is spelled the same breid and just above breida in dictionary. (bridal..)

bridle (n.) Old English bridel "bridle, rein, curb, restraint," related to bregdan "move quickly," from Proto-Germanic *bregdilaz (see braid (v.)).

upbraid (v.) Old English upbregdan "bring forth as a ground for censure," from up (adv.) + bregdan "move quickly, intertwine" (see braid (v.)). Similar formation in Middle Swedish upbrygdha. Meaning "scold" is first attested late 13c. Related: Upbraided; upbraiding.

braid (v.) "to plait, knit, weave, twist together," c. 1200, breidan, from Old English bregdan "to move quickly, pull, shake, swing, throw (in wrestling), draw (a sword); bend, weave, knit, join together; change color, vary; scheme, feign, pretend" (class III strong verb, past tense brægd, past participle brogden), from Proto-Germanic *bregthan "make sudden jerky movements from side to side" (compare Old Norse bregða "to brandish, turn about, braid;" Old Saxon bregdan "to weave;" Dutch breien "to knit;" Old High German brettan "to draw, weave, braid"), from PIE root *bherek- "to gleam, flash" (compare Sanskrit bhrasate "flames, blazes, shines"). In English the verb survives only in the narrow definition of "plait hair." Related: Braided; braiding. http://www.etymonlin...&search=bregdan

this is the meaning of breida as jerk, rip, pull, move quickly, pull away quickly, tear away, runaway

Edited by The Puzzler

Yes I do. There was definitely more water, every myth and mention seems to indicate this, even islands in the Med. are said to have emerged from the water. I'd have to check theoi for the precise ones though and I'm on an iPad so don't usually do my proper research on it - later.

How did the Phoenicians arrive in Tyre is my big question, as said by Herodotus they came from the Erythraean sea, did they pull apart their ships and haul them overland? Google earth seems to indicate to me that rather than coursing through the current Suez Canal, that it veered East at the Bitter Lakes area coming out closer to Canaan than Egypt but that's just speculation too, on my part for now. The river Jordan valley was probably deeper in water too.

The OLB totally goes against this by saying the Tyrians arrived there as men of Neef Tunis and Magyar from nth Europe so the Herodotus quote becomes irrelevant but this time they are heading south through this mystery strait. I haven't spent enough time on this one, looking for evidences of geological changes in this area at this time except briefly years ago, I'm onto it now though.

I'm reading some older posts. Maybe it isn't of interest any longer, but I have written something about this on my website about the Oera Linda Book:

http://oeralindabook.com/strait/

• Like 1

This is a link to Sedvardvs.

Hopper also wrote Frisii, Epistolae ad Viglium ab Aytta Zuichemum Sanctioris .

But I don't know if either of these is the relevant text.

Hoppers has written a whole bunch of books. Here are a couple that have to do with Friesland:

https://books.google...oppers"&f=false

Those books which are not available on the Internet, seem to be available in reprint from, among others, publisher Nabu Press LLC on www.amazon.com. So, it's just start searching!

But as Winsemius wrote that...

Ioachimus Hopperus een licht/ ende eere onser natie/ in tijden Secretaris des Coninklijcke Majesteyts van Spangien in zijn Tafel der Coningen van Vrieslant/ deduceert die Vriesen uyt die hoogh-Noordtsche volckeren ofte Hyperboreis, van welcke hy meent dat sy d'eerste secreten ende gheheymenissen der letteren souden hebben becomen,

I would think, though, that the passage in question would be found in the chapter I mentioned, Themis Hyperborea, siue de Tabvla Regvm Frisiæ. But a person skilled in Latin is needed for finding it. I think Otharus has some knowledge of Latin...

Edited by Apol

I thought it was on here that i was told , sometime ago that West is Vest in fris , and vestr is Westward , and that West in OLB means Waste , in which case we are talking about wastelands , and not lands in the West.

maybe this also makes sense in that if you have spared someones life , under covenant (brith - berith) to the mother ,on oath that you will never return , you are more likely to send them to a wasteland in which no-one else wants to live .

Edited by Passing Time

Could be very interesting, but link does not seem to work and I can't find the book online. Can you check please?

This is strange. I wasn't able to find again the book I downloaded a couple of days ago. It seems like it has been removed from visibility.

But, luckily, I found another edition (Andreas Duncker, Brunswick, 1656):

https://books.google...dvardvs&f=false

"Themis Hyperborea, siue de Tabvla Regvm Frisiæ" is on page 729

Edited by Apol
  • Like 1

didyou notice in one of those quotes from Waddell's book he refers to the "Sooties" could these be the burnt people ?

Indeed, I noticed it immediately. Zwarte Piet, the ruler of the Underworld, is 'zwart als roet' (black as soot). So the term 'sooties' was a major argument for me to conclude that INN refers to the Underworld. In my e-book about Zwarte Piet I already had also discussed the Finn people of the Orkneys and the Jinn. Too, in some folklore one or both Zwarte Pieten (there were two: Saint Nicholas and his son / brother / actually his clone) are said to be inn keepers.

It was only the INN discussion in this thread that made me realize that this 'inn' referred to the Underworld; of course I already knew that they (had) ruled the Underworld, but I had not made the connection between their inn keeping and the Underworld before.

I made an update of my e-book about Zwarte Piet and especially of its Dick Turpin chapter, which chapter I also published as independent e-booklet shortly before this INN discussion, and I am loath to upload an update of the three so shortly after the last upload of them to my Smashwords publisher.

As is well known, people 'burn' in Hell. This, however, has nothing to do with fire, but rather refers to the burning - in Dutch 'verbranden'- of the skin by the ambient, hellish, solar UV radiation within the Underworld.

Sorry Ell , i have not been able to read your E. books as i cant read the language , but from the posts you have made

i am presuming you think the INN refers to " the hollow earth , and the inner sun " cant remember when i read about that, a long time ago for sure ,

whilst i had started to connect it to Eden , the inner sanctuary of Adam and Eve ,

something else i read a long time ago , but i am sure i remember Enlil of the mesopotamian texts went to live inside a great mountain , because he could not stand the "noise or the brightness of the sun

on the surface"

but i think you are right these stories are not connected to OLB as far as i can see .

Edited by Passing Time

Joachim Hoppers (1523-1576) was a Frisian lawyer and professor who worked for the Spanish king (Philip II). He appears to have written about Frisia's ancient history, but I have not found that text yet. According to the "Chronique", he wrote that the Frisians stem from the "High-Nordic peoples or Hyperboreans" and were the first to have received the secrets of writing.

The book chapter linked by Apol mentions Zealand of Denmark and the East and West Götaland of southern Sweden. Perhaps this Beowulfian landscape is the home of the "High-Nordic peoples"?

Edit: in the Boxström family saga it's the Dan (of three brothers Sven, Dan and Fin), who moves to Denmark to establish a dynasty, that in turn fathers all the continental Nordic white peoples of Central Europe (i. e. Frisians, Angles, Saxons, Franks and such). As a source it emphasises how the Central European heathen dynasties are all off-shoots of the Danish line, unlike the people of the Scandinavian Peninsula (Sven's people) and East Europe (Fin's people).

Edited by FromFinland

The book chapter linked by Apol mentions Zealand of Denmark and the East and West Götaland of southern Sweden. Perhaps this Beowulfian landscape is the home of the "High-Nordic peoples"?

Edit: in the Boxström family saga it's the Dan (of three brothers Sven, Dan and Fin), who moves to Denmark to establish a dynasty,

The Hyperboreans are a complex subject. About one year ago I bought and read

De Hyperboreeërs en het hemelse Jeruzalem – Romke Hekstra.

Hekstra has been doing research into the Hyperboreans most of his life and has brought together a lot of information about them in his book. I seem to recall that I quoted him in one of my own e-books. I do not agree with everything he had to say about them, but I certainly recommend his book. He told me that he had the intention to translate it into English, but I do not know if he has been doing that the past year; I usually see him only once or twice each year.

The names Dan and Fin seem to refer to Heaven (Odin & Eden) and Hell (the space habitat of the Underworld). These were the principal power bases of the pagan gods. So Sven is the odd one here. My best guess is that Sven was the ruler of the space habitat Venus, which orbited somewhere near or around the Moon, as deduced in one of my e-books.

I also suspect Sven, Dan and Fin to be identical with the Vé, Odin and Vili of Asgardian mythology.

"Themis Hyperborea, siue de Tabvla Regvm Frisiæ" is on page 729

Thank you Apol. It could contain some very relevant information.

I had Latin a few years at high school and could translate parts, but the amount of text is huge. I would not know where to start and currently try to focus on my new OLB translation (and finding a bigger house for my growing family).

I also suspect Sven, Dan and Fin to be identical with the Vé, Odin and Vili of Asgardian mythology.

The Finnish variant of the brother story beautifully entwines three stories known from other sources:

1. Story of Dan and Angul, founders of Denmark and England, as

2. Story of Fornjótr the ruler of
, for Sven, Dan and Fin were too from Gotland originally, before spreading out to found Nordic nations.

3 The story of
Attention Frisian readers: note the Greek connection over there!

It's good you Ell noticed the similarity to the Odin brotherhood of Vé, Odin and Vili, and I must add here that the Austro-Hungarian Wiligut family tradition, as relayed by officer Karl Maria Wiligut (1866-1946), claimed descent from the Vili branch, whereas the Finnish Boxström family tradition claims descent from the Fin branch.

I would not know where to start

Perhaps you wrote in a rhetorical sense, but merely glancing at the pages one sees that vast majority of the pages in question do not speak of geographical or demographical matters. Some pages seem to have something about Roman gods, and finally on the page 741 we have suddenly three real-life Nordic place names in succession. Page 741 is the right one, if you ask me.

Edited by FromFinland

I remember we disussed the word "bukja" not that long ago, but I only get search results from the 2nd part of this thread.

Anyway, everyone here was convinced that the translation should be "girl" or "little girl", based on "buik" = belly, and so on.

I , however, am convinced it should be translated into "little boy".

This the passage from the OLB:

[MS73]

As Sêkrops sach that er mith sinum ljuda vsa wal navt biranna ne kv, thâ sand hi bodon nêi Thyrhis. Afternêi kêmon er thrja hvndred skipun fvl salt-âtha fon tha wilde berchfolkum vnwarlinga vsa hâva bifâra, dahwila wy mith alle mannum vppa wallum to strydande wêron.

Drêi as hja thju hâva innomth hêde wildon tha wilda salt-âtha thaet thorp aend vsa skipa birâwa. Ên salt-âthe hêde al en bukja skaend, men Sêkrops wilde thaet navt ne haengja, aend tha Thyrjar stjurar thêr jeta Fryas blod int lif hêde sêidon, aste that dêiste sâ skilun wi tha râde hône in vsa skypa stêka aend thv ne skilst thina berga na withera-sja.

When Sêkrops saw that with his people he could not storm our wall, he sent messengers to Tyre. Thereupon there arrived three hundred ships full with soldiers from the wild mountain people, which sailed unexpectedly into our harbor while we were defending the walls.

When they had taken our harbour, the wild soldiers wanted to plunder the village and our ships—one soldier had already defiled a girl—but Cecrops would not permit it; and the Tyrian sailors, who still had Frisian blood in their veins, said, If you do that we will burn our ships, and you shall never see your mountains again.

Friesch Woordenboek- Lexicon Frisicum (started by Halbertsma):

page 212 of the book, page 240 of the online pdf:

boike: dim.n. jongetje, knaapje. Vgl. (Wieringer) baike, kind. Kex. 429. (EN: little boy, lad)

page 244 of the book, page 272 of online pdf:

bûke (with an accent circonflex on top of the -u-): voc. jongetje, maatje (EN: little boy, mate, or matie (?))

https://archive.org/details/frieschwoordenb01horngoog

In short: the Lexicon gives us words (boike & bûke) that come very close to the OLB "bukja".

And watching a movie ("Elysium", a scifi movie with Jodie Foster and Matt Damon) recently, I heard a South African, the 'bad guy' called 'Kruger' (played by Sharlto Copley), say the word "boykie" a couple of times, when he and Matt Demon were beating the crap out of each other, and Matt Demon - for those who don't know him - is not a girl, lol. An interesting aside: one of the main characters in this movie, a woman, is called "Frey".

"Where are you, boykie? Where are you?"

"Eh, boykie?"

"You've got some fire in you, boykie."

And in the English subtitles the word "boykie" is not translated, and in italics (which is odd, because the producers were also South Africans).

South Afrikaans has retained a lot of archaic features of the Dutch language.

Edited by Abramelin