Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 3]

Abramelin

I also wonder whether Tax can be a contraction of t-athe. That might make the Tax a text of friendship, allegiance?

So on one side of the tower we have this document / oath of allegiance, and on the sides the agreed upon laws?

I think Texland in OLB can be seen as connection between woven "text" on draperies (picturing the laws one is expected to follow) and the "textile" industrie.

Both meanings of text (sentences and textile) are said to be "woven" or "spun" to be placed on something (s-tiched on?).

Hence also the tax to be payed, laid and placed upon the people as their duty -> tache, taak -> s-titch

Tessel, Texel, Taxandria may be pointing to that secundary feature of tex, namely that it is lying fixly above, on top (of the surrounding low lands/water?) like a sticker.

Tehsils in India/Pakistan as the fiscal powers or grouping of neighbouring villages into one tax-area.

... assistance, and suggestions...

Some posts on my blog that are related (including some links I already posted):

Himmler's deepest conviction (dec. '12) speech at Heydrich funeral

'Himmler's Bible' ~ German sources (july '13) some sources about secret investigation*

Jol on Chiemsee Cauldron (july '14) gold cauldron made for SS with six spoke wheels

Vril-ya and Fraja in Aryan occultism (aug. '14)

Himmler referring to Wralda (dec. '14) various quotes

Use of 6-spoke solar wheel in "the SS Family" (aug. '15)

* a.o.: 10-11-1937 "Gefahr, dass man in Muenchen auf die Arbeit an der ULC [ura Linda Chronik] aufmerksam wird."

("Danger, that those in Munich become aware of the work on the OLB.")

radkreuz.jpg

Edited by Othar

Some posts on my blog that are related (including some links I already posted):

Himmler's deepest conviction (dec. '12) speech at Heydrich funeral

'Himmler's Bible' ~ German sources (july '13) some sources about secret investigation*

Jol on Chiemsee Cauldron (july '14) gold cauldron made for SS with six spoke wheels

Vril-ya and Fraja in Aryan occultism (aug. '14)

Himmler referring to Wralda (dec. '14) various quotes

Use of 6-spoke solar wheel in "the SS Family" (aug. '15)

* a.o.: 10-11-1937 "Gefahr, dass man in Muenchen auf die Arbeit an der ULC [ura Linda Chronik] aufmerksam wird."

("Danger, that those in Munich become aware of the work on the OLB.")

radkreuz.jpg

Thank you, very interesting. Could the term Vril-ya itself be a variant of Wr-alda?

Tessel, Texel, Taxandria may be pointing to that secundary feature of tex, namely that it is lying fixly above, on top (of the surrounding low lands/water?) like a sticker.

Than it must also be related to Latin 'tectum' = roof (Dutch: dak).

It is my impression that the Tex is some kind of constitution.

Edited by Ell

Than it must also be related to Latin 'tectum' = roof (Dutch: dak).

It is my impression that the Tex is some kind of constitution.

I was thinking quite the same ...

Imo it all is also related with "tech" (like in tegen, against, attach, stick) or "dicht" on one side and "plek", "plech" (vlech) on the other side.

See tâche in french as duty (again related tax) but also as a stain (plek, vlek).

Plech is imo "op-leg", to be on-top, imposed (both literaly as figuratively). A solomn plea/oath to swear is imposed-> Plechtig, uw plicht.

Texture or texts are woven (ge-vlochten) structures, like the roof (dak, dek-sel, dicht-sel). Dicht-gemaakt, and a poem is also a ge-dicht.

"Vlechten" is a very useful manner to make something "dicht", because you place one another against (tegen, techen) and on-top (op-leg) of eachother.

There is no open space between (for interpretation -> hence waterproof set of laws). So both the tex and dak try to cover as good as possible.

Tex also words 'techen' each other -> ge-dicht.

The tex (or tax) as a stately plea to follow (plech-tig), imposed on the subjects or consitution. I can follow that.

On top we have the relation tehsil, tease and the dutch "plagen" or "plegen".

A plague (plaag,vlaag) is also a rather continous (the one after the other) "op-leg" in the meaning of not much to negotiate about, but more imposed on and to endure.

In short: many words which on first sight one wouldn't expect are inter-woven with each other.

The tehsil, text, tissue, tache, dak, gedicht, tax, plea, plek, vlek, vlaag ... and on and and on

tehsil.jpg

In a book or in a web article I once read, a man wrote that he knew Cornelis over de Linden from the school-days, and that the latter told him already at that time that his family was in the possession of an ancient book.

Does someone know anything about this? I have forgotten where I read it. I'm probably still in the possession of the material, though, but don't know where to search for it.

In a book or in a web article I once read, a man wrote that he knew Cornelis over de Linden from the school-days, and that the latter told him already at that time that his family was in the possession of an ancient book.

Does someone know anything about this? I have forgotten where I read it. I'm probably still in the possession of the material, though, but don't know where to search for it.

E. Molenaar, Het Geheimzinnige Handschrift van de Familie Over de Linden. Feiten en gegevens omtrent herkomst en voorgeschiedenis van 'Het Oera Linda Boek'. Bussum, Uitgeversmaatschappij C.A. J. van Dishoeck, 1949. De naam van uitgeverij Pasman te Utrecht is met een strookje papier opgeplakt met de naam van Uitgeverij van Dishoeck te Bussum.

A. Het resultaat van een onderzoek, ingesteld in 1876, door de heer Knuivers te Enkhuizen, omtrent de familie Over de Lin- p.10 den aldaar en het toen reeds als het Oera Linda Boek bekend geworden handschrift van Cornelis over de Linden (die inmiddels op 22 Februari 1874 overleden was). Voor dit onderzoek wendde de heer Knuivers zich tot de nog levende afstammelingen van Andries. Oude mannelijke afstammelingen van deze laatste bestonden er niet meer in Enkhuizen, maar wel een dochter van 80 jaar (Antje) en deze had nooit iets van het handschrift vernomen. Wel had de weduwe Keetje Kofman (dochter van Hendrik Reuvers en Aafje o.d L.) er van gehoord. Deze weuwe woonde in het stamhuis van de ene tak van de O.d.Linden's en buiten twijffel' zoo luidt het bericht is hier het handschrift bewaard in een hoek, met stof bedekt. Hoelang het handschrift daar gelegen heeft, wanneer het naar Den Helder is overgebracht, dit wist niemand te vertellen, waar ik ook aanklopte en welke moeite ik overigens aanwendde'.

B. Een mededeling van de Heer Munnik (getrouwd met een voordochter van Cornelis over de Linden's eerste vrouw). Hij vertelt het volgende: 'In 1845 (een jaar voor mijn trouwen) deden C. over de Linden, de boekbinder Stadermann en ik samen een toertje (naar Enkhuizen). Wij kwamen bij een oude schipper, waar Over de Linden's moeder huishoudster was. C. o.d. L. sprak alleen met zijn moeder en den oude en zeide toen wij weer buiten Enkhuizen waren: 'Het is toch een bedonderd werk; die oude heeft een oud boek van ons en wil het niet loslaten. Daaruit blijkt dat onze familie oud is'; verder zoo vertelt M. sprak hij over boschrijke streken zoveel als een heerlijkheid, van landstreken, lindeboomen enz. 'Doch het is oud-Friesch'; daar (zoo zei C. o.d. L.) zit de bl....

Zoo heeft hij wel een paar jaar loopen brommen (van 1845-1847), doch was intusschen begonnen oud-Friesch te leeren'. (degene, bij wie o.d. Linden om het oude boek vroeg, zal niet de man zijn geweest, bij wie zijn moeder huishoudster was, maar Reuvers, de man van tante Aafje, die zij ook bezocht zullen hebben).

C. In een ingezonden stuk in de Friesche Courant van 30 April 1877 deelde de heer M.K. de Jong, hoofd der school te Kooten mede, dat, toen de kwestie van het Oera Linda Boek behandeld werd in de dorps-ontwikkelingsclub 'De Hervorming', een dorpsgenoot, wiens waarheidsliefde boven alle twijffel stond, daar verklaarde, dat zijn oom Leendert over de Linden hem ongeveer 40 jaar geleden (dus ongeveer 1837) al had veteld, dat er nog heel oude geschriften onder de familie Over de Linden berustende waren.

Edited by Ell
  • Like 1

I was thinking quite the same ...

Imo it all is also related with "tech" (like in tegen, against, attach, stick) or "dicht" on one side and "plek", "plech" (vlech) on the other side.

In short: many words which on first sight one wouldn't expect are inter-woven with each other.

The tehsil, text, tissue, tache, dak, gedicht, tax, plea, plek, vlek, vlaag ... and on and and on

Good suggestions. Though I do not see the etymological relationship between Tex and plek, and also doubt your suggestion of 'op-leg'. I also doubt the relationship between plaag and vlaag, though in my opinion - and maybe in etymological dictionaries - plaag is related to blaag. (I wrote about Zwarte Piet as a blaag in my e-book about the subject.)

I think you mean this:

Otharus, on 12 May 2011 - 01:08 PM, said:

Yes, there are several witness reports that indicate that in the 30's and 40's of the 19th century, the manuscript existed already and/or that the Over de Lindens believed that they stemmed from an ancient noble Frisian family.

[...]

1. Schoolteacher Cornelis Wijs stated in 1876 that in 1831 he had heard Jan Over de Linden (1785-1835), the father of Cornelis, boost about descending from "the oldest family in the world".

2. Two other schoolteachers made an official statement with a notary, that in 1848 they had heard Cornelis Over de Linden junior (1833-1868) boost about virtually the same (being from ancient noble Frisian descent), as well as his father (Cornelis senior) knowing this from "a book with strange letters".

3. Naval officer W.M. Visser had made a diary note on 23-12-1854 of having heard from Cornelis Over de Linden that the latter had told him about the book and that it was written "in a strange language and a strange script".

• Like 2

Good suggestions. Though I do not see the etymological relationship between Tex and plek, and also doubt your suggestion of 'op-leg'. I also doubt the relationship between plaag and vlaag, though in my opinion - and maybe in etymological dictionaries - plaag is related to blaag. (I wrote about Zwarte Piet as a blaag in my e-book about the subject.)

Ok clear.

I don't want to derive too far, but for completion some last clarifiaction about my stand which may seem rather far fetched.

Knowing perfectly well this could be the case :-)

i personally see them all (plaag, vlaag, vlegel) prety much related around a severe (by time iterative and demanding) coming down from above on something (literaly or figuratively). P-B-V-F as variations on “OP” or “AF”.

I won’t expand too far here on my personal thoughts on language but just to make clear a bit further:

it is not that i really think of “tex” (techs, te-haaks, haakt aan elkaar) and “plek” (vlek, vlecht, plicht) being etymologically related in the exact form:

yet they are often in the meaning and these different forms being used in similar context.

Even ‘tak’ and ‘ploeg’ i think have seen somewhere to be mentionned in the same sentence by etymologists, though ending with the mentionning of some root words without further explanation.

Imo “tex” on one hand is based on a root pointing to an “at-tach-ed interwoven closeness or covering” (tegen ~ tech ~ tess ~ tex) and “plek” (in the form of a stain/sticker), “vlech” (woven interlaced structure, vlecht), “pledge, plechtig, plicht” (attached duty, promess towards others) on the other hand also. Hence they come accross in the context of coverings/imposition/entranglement both literaly as figuratively.

See the texts, tags (label), pledges coming together when talking about laws and solomn promesses attached to subjects.

De eed leg je af, een plicht wordt meestal opgelegd (by oneself or another) … tegen-over …

i_love_etymology_tag_for_luggage-rcb28ca9201164222ab92897cc8af1f45_fuy1s_8byvr_324.jpg

Take-the-Pledge.png

In that sense “tegen” and “op-leg” (or “af-leg”) as explanation for tex and plech makes sense for me as being related in meaning but i know this is just a personal stand towards etymology.

i personally see them all (plaag, vlaag, vlegel) prety much related around a severe (by time iterative and demanding) coming down from above on something (literaly or figuratively). P-B-V-F as variations on “OP” or “AF”.

I won’t expand too far here on my personal thoughts on language but just to make clear a bit further:

it is not that i really think of “tex” (techs, te-haaks, haakt aan elkaar) and “plek” (vlek, vlecht, plicht) being etymologically related in the exact form:

yet they are often in the meaning and these different forms being used in similar context.

Even ‘tak’ and ‘ploeg’ i think have seen somewhere to be mentionned in the same sentence by etymologists, though ending with the mentionning of some root words without further explanation.

I appreciate and value your elucidation, and I do agree that the two groups of words are somehow associated.

So let me have recourse to the Aryan roots:

T-ex = ta / tak / taks - ak (3) = to stretch / to fit, prepare, make, produce, generate, succeed / to hew, prepare, weave - 1. to pierce, be sharp, be quick, 2. to see, 3. to be dark

Related with both parts (ta- and -ak) - perhaps, I speculate, from a hypothetical precursor twa, yielding ta and wa? - also appear to be:

wa = to bind, plaid, weave

wak (wah), wag = to bend, swerve, go crookedly, totter, nod, wink

wag (wak), ug (uk) = to be strong, vigorous, watchful, wake; waks (wahs) = to wax, to grow

wag, ug (wak) = to be wet, be moist; waks, uks (uhs) = to sprinkle

wagh (wag) = to carry, to remove, to wag

wad (wat), ud = to well or gush out, to moisten, to wet

wadh (wad) = to carry home, to wed a bride, to take home a pledge, to pledge

wadh (wad) = to bind, wind round

pl-ek = prak (plak, flah) / prat (plat); plad; plak / pa / pak (fah, fag) / pat (fath) - ak (3) = to plaid, weave, fold together / to spread out, extend; flat; plac-enta, plank, plain / to feed, nourish, protect / to bind, fasten, fix, hold fast / to spread out, lie flat or open - for -ek see above at T-ex

Also related to pl- appear to be:

pri (fri) = to love

prus (frus) = to burn, freeze

plu (pru, flu) = to fly, swim, float, flow

bhadh, bhidh = to bind

bhu (bu) = to grow, become, be, dwell, build

bhug (buk), bhrug (bug) = to bow, bend, turn about

bhudh (bud) = to awake, to admonish, inform, bid

From these roots it is my impression that t- is more about something artificial that separates one thing from another, in which sense the bh- roots seem to be related; and that pl- is more about something that connects and nourishes.

The wa- roots seem more apt as the roots for t- than the ta- roots.

The wa- roots appear to be often associated with water. As for the root plu, notice that the gods swore their oaths - pledged - by the river Acheron. The Dutch plengen also has such a water pl- root.

Edited by Ell

1. Schoolteacher Cornelis Wijs stated in 1876 that in 1831 he had heard Jan Over de Linden (1785-1835), the father of Cornelis, boost about descending from "the oldest family in the world".

For comparison, the Boxströms claimed to be the oldest human family in the world, and the origins of human species, Nordic white race and the later Nordic dynasties. The Austro-Hungarian Wiliguts, to my knowledge, claim heritage from the Odin's brother Vili, which puts them more or less in par with the Anglo-Saxon dynasties, who claimed heritage from Woden's line.

It's of a note that a SS document from 1936 dealing with the Wiligut tradition and marked read by mr. H.H. claims that one part of the text is word-for-word for oral presentation given by officer Franz Karl Wiligut, who died in 1883 aged 89 (Flowers 2001, 102). If true, this would put the the Karl Maria's father Franz Karl more or less into the same era as Helena Blavatsky (1831-1891), which might account for the literary clue of seemingly "Blavatskian" influence on human evolution in the Wiligut saga.

Interestingly in WW2 Germany one Ernst Lauterer also claimed to possess ancient heritage of the Volsung-clan. As he seems to have perished into obscurity in WW2, we know hardly anything of him, other than he had relatives in England and one certain mr. H. might have tried to contact them in his legendary flight to Scotland to link-up with the Douglas Hamilton, whose one best friend happened to be one Harry Lauder, whose surname in turn reminds highly of the Lauter(er). (Flowers 2001, 129.)

2. Two other schoolteachers made an official statement with a notary, that in 1848 they had heard Cornelis Over de Linden junior (1833-1868) boost about virtually the same (being from ancient noble Frisian descent), as well as his father (Cornelis senior) knowing this from "a book with strange letters".

As for the year 1848, it's allegedly the year when seven oak wood tablets containing the Wiligut saga were destroyed in a fire in Ofen (Buda) due to action by Hungarian rebels. Nothing of importance happened that year to Boxströms, in whose line Carl Gustaf Boxström was an alderman at town of Snappertuna at that time when Finland was part of the Russian Empire.

3. Naval officer W.M. Visser had made a diary note on 23-12-1854 of having heard from Cornelis Over de Linden that the latter had told him about the book and that it was written "in a strange language and a strange script".
Only 24 years earlier the Book of Mormon had been published in the United States, while being printed in English language, its original, as reported by witnesses, was indeed written "in a strange language and a strange script". (Note: I'm not a Mormon myself and am not trying to convert anybody here - I just find this an interesting coincidence.) Interestingly, Mormonism (and thus the Book of Mormon) was well known at that 1850s time in Europe:
The Protestant countries of Western Europe—Scandinavia, Switzerland, Germany, and the Netherlands—played a major role in the growth and success of the Church from the beginnings in the 1830s until well into the twentieth century. [...] LDS converts came from many different Protestant denominations and sects, but most of them were religious "seekers" of one kind or another, sometimes already united in congregations like Timothy Mets's "New Lighters" in Holland in the early 1860s. [...] A mission was established in the Netherlands in the 1860s, and over the years thousands became Latter-day Saints and immigrated to Zion. (Source)
Edited by FromFinland
  • Like 1

I think you mean this:

Otharus, on 12 May 2011 - 01:08 PM, said:

So nice. Yes, it is certainly the latter of the three you mention. Do you have any surces for these three assertions or utterances?

Do you have any surces for these three assertions or utterances?

Yes my source was "De Gemaskerde God" (Jensma, 2004), pp. 241-243.

Full original post here, in the first thread (11 April 2011).

His source for the statement by naval officer Visser was L.F. Over de Linden "Aanvulling van de brochure ..." (1912), pp.11-47.

Edited by Othar

Yes my source was "De Gemaskerde God" (Jensma, 2004), pp. 241-243.

Full original post here, in the first thread (11 April 2011).

His source for the statement by naval officer Visser was L.F. Over de Linden "Aanvulling van de brochure ..." (1912), pp.11-47.

Thank you! I have the Jensma's gemaskerde, but not here. It might be in that book I once read about Visser, then.

In the last part of the Oera Linda Book, the part dealing with Black Adel, is mentioned the hliðhâwar, which certainly means the Lithuanians and Latvians (whose names are of the same origin). The book tells that they got their name "because they always hew their enemies at the face".

The first known Latin form of the name - Lituæ, is found in a note of AD 1009, in a manuscript named the Quedlinburg Chronicles (Annals of Quedlinburg, or Saxonicae Annales Quedlinburgenses). The original document has disappeared, surviving only as a 16th-century copy held in Dresden, but its contents endure as a scholarly resource (Wikipedia).

What is interesting about this note, is, that it describes how an archbishop "was hewn in his head by pagans in Lituae, and thereafter went to heaven":

Sanctus Bruno qui cognominatur Bonifacius archepiscopus et monachus XI. suæ conuersionis anno in confinio Rusciæ et Lituæ a paganis capite plexus cum suis XVIII, VII. Id. Martij petijt coelos.
Edited by Apol
  • Like 2

Burgh-femme Apollânja writes on pp. 90-91:

When I was thirty years one did elect me as burgh-femme, and when my brother was fifty he was elected as grietman. On mum’s side my brother was the sixth, but on dad’s side the third. Thus, by right his descendants could not carry any ‘Overa Linda’ after their names, but everybody wanted to have it in honor of my mum

Is there someone who has been able to find out why Adelhirt's (it must be about him) descendants couldn't carry the name 'Overa Linda' - because Adelhirt was the sixth on Âdela's side, but the third on Apol's side?

Edited by Apol

E. Molenaar, Het Geheimzinnige Handschrift van de Familie Over de Linden. Feiten en gegevens omtrent herkomst en voorgeschiedenis van 'Het Oera Linda Boek'. Bussum, Uitgeversmaatschappij C.A. J. van Dishoeck, 1949. De naam van uitgeverij Pasman te Utrecht is met een strookje papier opgeplakt met de naam van Uitgeverij van Dishoeck te Bussum.

A. Het resultaat van een onderzoek, ingesteld in 1876, door de heer Knuivers te Enkhuizen, omtrent de familie Over de Lin- p.10 den aldaar en het toen reeds als het Oera Linda Boek bekend geworden handschrift van Cornelis over de Linden (die inmiddels op 22 Februari 1874 overleden was). Voor dit onderzoek wendde de heer Knuivers zich tot de nog levende afstammelingen van Andries. Oude mannelijke afstammelingen van deze laatste bestonden er niet meer in Enkhuizen, maar wel een dochter van 80 jaar (Antje) en deze had nooit iets van het handschrift vernomen. Wel had de weduwe Keetje Kofman (dochter van Hendrik Reuvers en Aafje o.d L.) er van gehoord. Deze weuwe woonde in het stamhuis van de ene tak van de O.d.Linden's en buiten twijffel' zoo luidt het bericht is hier het handschrift bewaard in een hoek, met stof bedekt. Hoelang het handschrift daar gelegen heeft, wanneer het naar Den Helder is overgebracht, dit wist niemand te vertellen, waar ik ook aanklopte en welke moeite ik overigens aanwendde'.

B. Een mededeling van de Heer Munnik (getrouwd met een voordochter van Cornelis over de Linden's eerste vrouw). Hij vertelt het volgende: 'In 1845 (een jaar voor mijn trouwen) deden C. over de Linden, de boekbinder Stadermann en ik samen een toertje (naar Enkhuizen). Wij kwamen bij een oude schipper, waar Over de Linden's moeder huishoudster was. C. o.d. L. sprak alleen met zijn moeder en den oude en zeide toen wij weer buiten Enkhuizen waren: 'Het is toch een bedonderd werk; die oude heeft een oud boek van ons en wil het niet loslaten. Daaruit blijkt dat onze familie oud is'; verder zoo vertelt M. sprak hij over boschrijke streken zoveel als een heerlijkheid, van landstreken, lindeboomen enz. 'Doch het is oud-Friesch'; daar (zoo zei C. o.d. L.) zit de bl....

Zoo heeft hij wel een paar jaar loopen brommen (van 1845-1847), doch was intusschen begonnen oud-Friesch te leeren'. (degene, bij wie o.d. Linden om het oude boek vroeg, zal niet de man zijn geweest, bij wie zijn moeder huishoudster was, maar Reuvers, de man van tante Aafje, die zij ook bezocht zullen hebben).

C. In een ingezonden stuk in de Friesche Courant van 30 April 1877 deelde de heer M.K. de Jong, hoofd der school te Kooten mede, dat, toen de kwestie van het Oera Linda Boek behandeld werd in de dorps-ontwikkelingsclub 'De Hervorming', een dorpsgenoot, wiens waarheidsliefde boven alle twijffel stond, daar verklaarde, dat zijn oom Leendert over de Linden hem ongeveer 40 jaar geleden (dus ongeveer 1837) al had veteld, dat er nog heel oude geschriften onder de familie Over de Linden berustende waren.

Very good! I have Molenaar's book, but not here in Manila. I'll for sure bring it from Norway next summer :-)

Edited by Apol

Alewyn Raubenheimer argues convincingly in his second edition (2011, p.92), that the Phaeacians ("who are near of kin to the gods" and who "surpass all other nations as sailors") of Homer's Odyssey must be the Fryans (he wrote "Frisians").

Their king was Alcinous.

Did anyone ever notice that this name is pretty much the same as "Alcuin" (of York), a.k.a. Ealhwine?

On 19 Jan. 2012, I wrote:

I suspect that the author of the original text that was the source for "Thet Freske Riim" and "Tractatus Alvini" was not Magister Alvinus who was rector of the Latin School in Sneek ca. 1400 (as Suffridus Petri believed), but Alcuin of York (Latin: Alcuinus) or Ealhwine (ca.735-804).
  • Like 2

... the Phaeacians ("who are near of kin to the gods" and who "surpass all other nations as sailors") of Homer's Odyssey must be the Fryans (he wrote "Frisians").

book 13:

But Neptune (...) took counsel with Jove. "(...) mortals like the Phaeacians, who are my own flesh and blood (...)"

could Gert be the Cerdic , who with wihtgar came to Britain with Hengist and Horsa in the three ships to thanet,Kent.

while Cerdic and Wihtgar seem to have landed seperately in the isle that later became called .. the Isle of Wight ??

what year are we talking for OLB 's Gert ?

Edited by Passing Time

... the Phaeacians ("who are near of kin to the gods" and who "surpass all other nations as sailors") of Homer's Odyssey must be the Fryans (he wrote "Frisians").

Raubenheimer is right! I thought that I knew where their country was; I had good arguments, so I did not pay attention to the OLB connection, did not realize that it was relevant. But it is. Excellent conclusion, by Alewyn Raubenheimer.

Edited by Ell

Raubenheimer is right! I thought that I knew where their country was; I had good arguments, so I did not pay attention to the OLB connection, did not realize that it was relevant. But it is. Excellent conclusion, by Alewyn Raubenheimer.

Did Alewyn maybe borrow the idea from Jürgen Spanuth (1956)?

http://www.google.nl...113943164,d.d24

Atlantis - The mystery unravelled

CONTENTS

SECTION THREE

Homer's account of Atlantis-Basileia

1 . Homer and the historical value of his poem . . .

2. Atlantis and the island of the Phaeacians . . .

3. Sailing directions to Basileia .. .

4. Description of the Phaeacian country

5 . The Shipping of the Phaeacians

6. The formation of the coast dunes in Phaeacia

7. Sports in Phaeacia

8. The ritual dance of the Phaecians

9. Weaving skills of the Phaeacians

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 2