Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 3]

Abramelin

As soon as you read something (online) in the Phrygian language, you will not be that sure about Phrygians being Frisians.

http://tied.verbix.c...ssary/phry.html

Dont know if you remember these two guys on this video Abe , i passed you a link to something they wrote called " True

British History , and the Conspiracy against it". , but that was at least 2/3 years ago ,this video may be an eye opener to

those that think the history claimed in OLB is also ignored by historians ,and seem as if they want it buried.

anyway the point i was going to make is Wilson and Blackett claim they can decifer many of the carved stones found,

throughout , Breton ,Britain , Wales , Etruscan inscribed stones in Italy , as well as lots in what was Phrygia ,by using the Coelbren Alphabet .according to them the coelbren and Greek letters are very similar , but represent different letters

in each alphabet ( note Julius Caesar also noted that they were very similar ) but again according to them , the PTB have completely ignored their findings..........That is a very interesting Video ... if you have some spare time ........

Edited by Passing Time

As soon as you read something (online) in the Phrygian language...

"The study of the language is made especially difficult by the fact that there is not much to research: we can only judge by several tablets and inscriptions, glosses containing mostly personal and place names."

http://tied.verbix.com/tree/balk/phrygian.html

The language of the few fragments that are found are called "Phrygian", because it is found in the area where they were supposed to have lived. It is all very speculative. Nobody knows what people wrote these texts and if it corresponded to any of the spoken language(s).

Abramelin, thank you for the link giving concrete insight on the matter. Here's more with a rune script that looks strikingly similar to Futhark and modern Latin alphabet: inscription of the Midas city.

In the link you gave to a chart, I could have (and surely many of you others, too) given many better examples of similarities between the languages. For example, tios or 'gods' is not some fictional reconstruction "*deiwo-", but Zeus, Deus, taivas ('sky' in Finnish) etc. Overall, the language comparison table isn't that off from the traditional Balkans story or the Central European hypothesis of the researchers - or did somebody expect them to speak a perfect Dutch variant of the old Germanic language?

You know, if those northerners moved a way back to Balkans and lived there, surely their language woud have adapted to Eastern European slavic and Mediterranean Greek influences. Then, they would have moved to Asia Minor or modern Turkey, with more influence from Levant. Unless they were hard core racial puritans, they would have mixed in with the local populations to some degree. Moreover, even the remnants of their own Germanic language would have mutated, as we see for example in the English language (and in North American English, too).

You know, one can be of related people without speaking a related language. Take Russians of European ethnicity, for example. Since the end of the last ice age they were basicly the same Finnish peoples as we in Finland and Estonia. As our glorious race ( ;) ) spread eastwards with a quite long distances, small differences in faces and language started to appear. The easternmost ones blended to the Asian race, being something in-between of Europeans and Asians. After something like 6000 years of happy Finnish identity all the Goths, Huns, Swedes, Slavs and Mongols appear in a quick succession one after the another. Like that isn't enought, even the Russians themselves decide to borrow their language and culture from the Greek Byzantines. The result: great mass of the European Russians are still in 2016 racially Finnic, with a lot of equally Finnic cultural elements - yet only a small minority speaks still the Finnish language (or Karelian, Mari, Vepsä et cetera as the Russian dialects of Finnish are called after the tribal distinction). The Russian language is a relatively newcomer to the scene, being a mishmash of Greek, Swedish and Slavic languages, with some few Finnish elements still contained in it.

Compared to that, changes the Germanic-to-Anatolian journey made to the language are not a surprise, at all.

Now that I think of it, a bit similar story is told by Geoffrey of Monmouth, according to whom Caesar upon invading the British isles did recognise the inhabitants as of related kin (by the way of ancient Brutus) even after all those centuries of living in northern half of the Europe. Other similarity, methinks, is the Aryanhood of some Persians and Indians.

Edited by FromFinland
  • Like 2

using the Coelbren Alphabet
I wonder if this side of European history could be researched by taking a look at the so-called 'Kolbrin Bible'. See also here.
according to them the coelbren and Greek letters are very similar , but represent different letters in each alphabet ( note Julius Caesar also noted that they were very similar
I believe this is confirmed by the Coligny calendar, and as such is thought by the mainstream historians to confirm the Caesar narrative.

Hi FF ..... there is possibly a connection to coelbren alphabet and the Kolbrin Bible , but it could be just the similarity in

name which makes you think so ..........i have had a copy of the Kolbrin saved in my favourites list for a few years , but

cant really think why we should connect the two from the Kolbrins contents.

mostly a variant of the Adam and Eve story , a separate chapter on sons of fire , which from memory sounded a bit

like zoroastrianism , ......maybe i will resurect it , and read it again to refresh my memory of it .

agree with you on Tios ( Gods), Deiwo (Sky Gods ) ... think we could also connect Theos , names like Theodrik (welsh/British =Tewdrig ) what would that be ? Theo-d-rik = God the King ? and Theodorus said to mean Loved/adored by God

and maybe therefor Skythian (believer in Sky-gods ??)

think you will find your Persian connections through Carmanians/Sassanians .....Germans/Saxons ...from same area to same area.....

Edited by Passing Time

The identification of the Phaeacians with the Frisians is certainly compelling, as indeed is Spanuth's identification of them with the "Atlanteans", taking his cue, presumably, from L. Sprague de Camp in his book Lost Continents (1948), who makes the same identification, but without assuming Atlantis to be in the North Sea, as Spanuth does.

However, there's a problem, because Kat Kalip, Burchfam of Walhallagara (Walcheren) according to the OLB, is clearly the same person as the nymph Calypso of Ogygia, with whom Odysseus/Ulysses tarried for years. When he finally left Ogygia, the land of the Phaeacians was a further 18 days sail away to the east, according to Homer, where, as both the OLB and Homer tell us, he was shipwrecked. Spanuth, incidentally, identifies Ogygia with the Azores, and allows 18 days sail from there to the North Sea, but the OLB is clear that Ogygia is Walcheren. If this is the case, and if Homer is to be taken literally, we should presumably look for Phaeacia in the eastern part of the Baltic, in the land of the Finns. Perhaps, therefore, de Camp's identification of Phaeacia with Atlantis (i.e. Atland) was right all along.

Hi Tony .... in OLB i think the name given was Ka-lip , not Kat Kalip , i think at one time we were considering this name possibly to be Calyp-so of Homer fame like you said, and at one time i thought it might be connected to the Kalifa of the Umayyad Calphate of Cordoba, Spain , as the Ka-lip or Kalif-a named Abd al Rahman.... who lost his rule in Damascus in 750 , and after being in exile for 6 years , obtained the rule of Cordoba in Spain in 756.... re-naming it Al-Andalus

re Walcheren is there any known connection with this burgh , and the Norse Valkyrie , or is it just a similarity of names ??

Edited by Passing Time

Hi Tony .... in OLB i think the name given was Ka-lip , not Kat Kalip , i think at one time we were considering this name possibly to be Calyp-so of Homer fame like you said, and at one time i thought it might be connected to the Kalifa of the Umayyad Calphate of Cordoba, Spain , as the Ka-lip or Kalif-a named Abd al Rahman.... who lost his rule in Damascus in 750 , and after being in exile for 6 years , obtained the rule of Cordoba in Spain in 756.... re-naming it Al-Andalus

re Walcheren is there any known connection with this burgh , and the Norse Valkyrie , or is it just a similarity of names ??

What possible connection could there be to the Umayyad Caliphate of Cordoba, two millennia later and in a different part of the world?

The connection with Calypso is very clear. Odysseus/Ulysses stayed with Calypso for seven years, according to Homer. This is what the OLB says:

"At last, when he found that there was nothing to be got from her, he went to Walhallagara (Walcheren). There there was established a Burgtmaagd whose name was Kaat, but who was commonly called Kalip, because her lower lip stuck out like a mast-head. Here he tarried for years, to the scandal of all that knew it. According to the report of the maidens, he obtained a lamp from her; but it did him no good, because when he got to sea his ship was lost, and he was taken up naked and destitute by another ship."

Homer tells us that on leaving Calypso, he sailed for 18 days eastward, where he was shipwrecked and rescued by the Phaeacians. Homer also, incidentally, describes the Phaeacians as having a lavish monarchical system, which, according to the OLB, the Frisians of those days certainly didn't have.

The connection between Walcheren and Valkyrie (Walkure) can be further elucidated, perhaps, by the connection between Walhallagara and Valhalla, which is hinted at a number of times in the OLB.

"Near the southern mouth of the Rhine and the Scheldt there are seven islands, named after Frya’s seven virgins of the week. In the middle of one island is the city of Walhallagara (Middelburg), and on the walls of this city the following history is inscribed."

"That you are not to blame for; but if your souls are not pure, you will never come into Walhalla. Your spirits will haunt the earth in darkness. Like the bats and owls, you will hide yourselves in the daytime in holes, and in the night will come and shriek and cry about our graves, while Frya must turn her head away from you."

Edited by Tony S.

I really must sit down and write myself a time chronology for all the different events in OLB , i have a memory like a sieve ,that was probably what i was told when i considered it the 1st time . unfortunately it is getting much worse as i get older.

thks for connection of Walcheren/Valkyrie/Walhallagara/Valhalla

Edited by Passing Time

Well said, FF.

In the link you gave to a chart, I could have (and surely many of you others, too) given many better examples of similarities between the languages. For example, tios or 'gods' is not some fictional reconstruction "*deiwo-", but Zeus, Deus, taivas ('sky' in Finnish) etc.

Here are two more that caught my eye (and more resemble N-European than other languages):

"wit- (to know)"

witon - old dutch, old frisian, old english

witun - old saxon

witum - old norse

wit(t)e - frisian

weten - dutch

wissen - german

(noun "wit" - english)

(latin - videre)

(sanskrit - véda, vidáti)

"es' (a donkey)"

esel - german, norse

ezel - dutch

æsel - danish

åsna - swedish

asni - icelandic

aasi - finnish

asinus - latin

asino - italian

âne - french

(compare: greek - gaidaros; spanish - burro)

The Valkuren were nurses, has been my conclusion. Val-cura = well / health - to take care of. Hence Walhalla = Hall of getting Well = hospital.

The hospital of the gods was in the Underworld and one of the names of the Underworld was (S)cheria. (There might be an etymological relation here with 'cher', meaning 'dear'.)

There might be a magical relationship between the names Walcheren and Scheria.

• Confused 1

Hence Walhalla = Hall of getting Well = hospital

I think it was a hall of choice (choosing partner?) which is more like something our ancestors would have wanted after death.

choice/ choose

wahl - german

val - swedish

valg - danish

valget - norse

vaalit - finnish

Walhallagara in OLB could have been a burgh where traditionally famous festivals (fest-i-val) were organised.

• Like 1

It's validate in modern English. For festivals, please see Walpurgisnacht or Valborg/Valpuri, which is also a Nordic female given name. The name Walburga means 'ruler of the fortress'.

In Boxström tradition the name lives in words like Valhalla, festival, valkyrior and Valborg, of which the two last refer to women thematically. I note that the Finnish tradition in question is more relaxed on these matters than the Scandinavian and Frisian traditions, for in Finnish tradition everyone ends up in Valhalla and valkyrior does not refer to select few battle-ready women soldiers, but generically to all women who would choose would-to-be fathers of their future children. Again, this just shows how the same basic story is known all over the North Europe, but the details differ.

If it was a place of choosing a partner , could it tie in with the Ior Boch stories of a breeding programme , even if this was only an Olympics type meeting where the victors in the games were then chosen by those that were seen by the society as the most fit mothers to sire the next generation ...... Then the saying that in Norse Mythology , the Valchyries were those women who held the power of life and death , therefore were the ones who decided who's genes got to procreate the next generation of leaders.

To my memory (which is not great ) OLB says mothers , femmes are not allowed to get married whilst in office , but could it be that they were expected to become pregnant with these babies , and the fathers had to give them up ??......... then they start to sound like the so called Amazons .

Edited by Passing Time

If it was a place of choosing a partner , could it tie in with the Ior Boch stories of a breeding programme , even if this was only an Olympics type meeting where the victors in the games were then chosen by those that were seen by the society as the most fit mothers to sire the next generation ...... Then the saying that in Norse Mythology , the Valchyries were those women who held the power of life and death , therefore were the ones who decided who's genes got to procreate the next generation of leaders.

To my memory (which is not great ) OLB says mothers , femmes are not allowed to get married whilst in office , but could it be that they were expected to become pregnant with these babies , and the fathers had to give them up ??......... then they start to sound like the so called Amazons .

There is no hint of such a practice anywhere in the OLB. Quite the contrary:

"If a maiden wishes to marry, she must announce it to the mother, and immediately resign her office, before her passion shall have polluted the light."

"Eight years afterwards I heard that our Burgtmaagd had been unchaste, and that some of the burgtheeren had committed treason with the Magy, and many people took their part."

Walcheren/Walhallagara had religious and cultural significance well into Roman times. It also appears that its burgh may have survived, too, along with the memory of Minerva Nyhellenia.

"As early as Roman times, the island functioned as a point of departure for ships going to Britain; it had a temple of the goddess Nehalennia who was popular with those who braved the waters of the North Sea. The Romans called it "Wallacra", a term most likely associated with Walha, the name Germans used for all foreign peoples."

https://en.wikipedia...n#Early_history

• Like 1

There is no hint of such a practice anywhere in the OLB. Quite the contrary:

"If a maiden wishes to marry, she must announce it to the mother, and immediately resign her office, before her passion shall have polluted the light."

"Eight years afterwards I heard that our Burgtmaagd had been unchaste, and that some of the burgtheeren had committed treason with the Magy, and many people took their part."

I can go along with you that there is no word of this practice in OLB , but i cant go along with you that the two examples you gave are any confirmation to the contrary.

" if a maiden wishes to marry , she must inform the mother , and immediately resign her office , before her passion shall polute the light " ......

.if a maiden was for breeding the E-lite , then she would be expected to leave , as she would become passionate with someone who had not been a champion , therefore that child should not become a leader , and the married couple would consider the child theirs , instead of him/her belonging to the community. She would also not be available at the next games to be able to

have a child with the new champion if she was married , but still in office .

"Eight years afterwards i heard that the Burgtmagd( mother ) had been unchaste , and that some of the Burgheeren ( Maidens) had committed treason with the Magi "..........

So the mother , and the Maidens had been passionate with the Magi , ie they had

opened themselves to the possibility of having children ( the next rulers , being children of Mothers , and maidens in office ) without the sires being champions , or even Frisians ...... treasonable

behavior .

whilst no confirmation at all , these two passages are no way proof of the contrary.

Edited by Passing Time

The name Walburga means 'ruler of the fortress'.

Official etymology, specially that of names is often very dubious, I have noticed.

As for names, I believe the ancients liked them most when they had different possible meanings.

• Like 1

Two significant sources (in Dutch) that were not linked to yet (I think):

Ottema (1873) Geschiedkundige aanteekeningen en ophelderingen bij Thet Oera Linda Bok

Ottema (1874) De Koninkijke Akademie en het Oera Linda Boek

In the first, on page 28 (translated), about JES.US (or BUDA, see pages 185-193 in Sandbach's translation of the OLB):

The influence of Buddha's teachings though, seems to also have spread westwards to the fire-worshippers in Aria, to the Persians and to those in Azerbaijan, the latter having kept a memory of Buddha's first name in their tribal name Yezidi's; followers of Jess [Ottema's spelling].

By searching "Yezidi", I found:

The Yazidis (also Yezidis...) are a Kurdish religious community or an ethno-religious group indigenous to northern Mesopotamia whose strictly endogamous, and ancient religion Yazidism (or Sharfadin) is not linked to Zoroastrianism but to ancient Mesopotamian religions...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazidis

In a further search I found an interesting etymology:

Yazata is an Avestan language passive adjectival participle derived from yaz-; "to worship, to honor, to venerate".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazata

Since Yaz, yez, yes, jes is all the same, this very well explains the name JES.US, and it might even explain "yes" as in our confirmation: I honor, I agree.

In the Frisian the name is given as Jes-us, or variants thereof, and by the context it is clear that Jesus is meant.

As I have explained earlier, I don't think JES.US in OLB refers to the later Jesus of Nazareth. The latter may (as "Isa"?) have had part of his education in India (where he also died many years after the 'resurrection', as very well theorised by others) and have gotten the name "Jesus" there, after one of the names of Buddha. Why would he have been the first with that name?

• Like 1

According to ancient tradition among Greek historians, the Phrygians anciently migrated to Anatolia from the Balkans. Herodotus says the Phrygians were called Bryges when they lived in Europe.

Eric P. Hamp in his 2012 Indo-European family tree classified the Phrygian language together with Italo-Celtic as member of a member of a "Northwest Indo-European" group.

(
)

My quote above is of the possible Germany-Balkans-Turkey route, with the idea that the Balkans might constitute the "nearest part of Krekaland" as mentioned in the Oera Linda source. Something was there at the back of my mind - where had I heard this before? Yes, it was the Goths of Gotland island moving to Greece (griclanz or 'Greek-land', compare to Krêkalana):

These then divided Gotland into three parts, so that Graip the eldest got the northern third, Guti the middle third, and Gunfjaun the youngest had the south. Then, over a long time, the people descended from these three multiplied so much that the land couldn't support them all. Then they draw lots, and every third person was picked to leave, and they could keep everything they owned and take it with them, except for their land. Then they were unwilling to leave, but went to Torsburgen and settled there. Then the country [Gotland] would not tolerate them, but drove them away.

Then they went away to Fårö and settled there. They couldn't support themselves in that place, so they went to a certain island off the coast of Estland, called Dagö, and settled there and built a town that can still be seen. But they couldn't support themselves there either, so they went up the river Dvina, up through Russia. They went so far that they came to the
land of the Greeks
. They asked leave of the Greek king to stay there for the waxing and waning of the moon. The king granted that, thinking it was just for one month. Then after a month, he wanted to send them away, but they answered that the moon waxed and waned for ever and always, and so they said they were allowed to stay. Word of this dispute of theirs reached the queen. She said, "My lord king, you granted them permission to dwell for the waxing and waning of the moon; now that's for ever and always, so you can't take it off them."
So they settled there, and live there still, and still have something of our language.

Authors of Wikipedia think this may refer to 263 A.D. invasion of Goths known from Greek sources, making it possibly (I guess) too late for the Oera Linda story. Perhaps we have here a recurring pattern, movement of from North to Greek lands:

1. Bryges-Phrygians connection as reported by Greek sources, possibly stemming from the Lusatian culture
  2. Gutasaga, possibly the invasion of 263 A.D as told by ancient sources
  3. Oera Linda book connection to Greece
  4. Boxström saga connection to Greece, journey from Hel of Aesir, or As-Hel, to Greek Hellas (Bock 1996, 28)
  5. Greek story of Hyperborean Arge and Opis, also later Hyperoche and Laodike along with 5 men moving to Greece, moving south through Scythia, or South Russia, to Greece
  6. later Russian viking tradition of serving Byzantine Emperor as Varangian guard from 9th century onwards.

I see a definite pattern here, stretching well over a thousand years. Many of the above north-south connections are peaceful, or even diplomatic, in nature.

Edited by FromFinland

Walcheren/Walhallagara had religious and cultural significance well into Roman times. It also appears that its burgh may have survived, too, along with the memory of Minerva Nyhellenia.

"As early as Roman times, the island functioned as a point of departure for ships going to Britain; it had a temple of the goddess Nehalennia who was popular with those who braved the waters of the North Sea. The Romans called it "Wallacra", a term most likely associated with Walha, the name Germans used for all foreign peoples."

https://en.wikipedia...n#Early_history

To add: (at Walcheren)

The area of Domburg has been inhabited since ancient times. In 1647 after heavy storms on the beach of Domburg a sanctuary was discovered with around 40 stones with Latin inscriptions and carvings of several gods, among them of Neptune (sea) and Mercury (trade), but the majority of a local female deity: Nehalennia who appears to have protected both trade and shipping. According to the inscriptions the stones were erected by tradesmen and captains to fulfil their vows after a safe journey, mentioning explicitly on one stone a merchant of pottery doing business with Britain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domburg

Edited by The Puzzler

Two significant sources (in Dutch) that were not linked to yet (I think):

Ottema (1873) Geschiedkundige aanteekeningen en ophelderingen bij Thet Oera Linda Bok

Ottema (1874) De Koninkijke Akademie en het Oera Linda Boek

In the first, on page 28 (translated), about JES.US (or BUDA, see pages 185-193 in Sandbach's translation of the OLB):

By searching "Yezidi", I found:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazidis

In a further search I found an interesting etymology:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazata

Since Yaz, yez, yes, jes is all the same, this very well explains the name JES.US, and it might even explain "yes" as in our confirmation: I honor, I agree.

As I have explained earlier, I don't think JES.US in OLB refers to the later Jesus of Nazareth. The latter may (as "Isa"?) have had part of his education in India (where he also died many years after the 'resurrection', as very well theorised by others) and have gotten the name "Jesus" there, after one of the names of Buddha. Why would he have been the first with that name?

That would certainly explain the chronological discrepancy between the life of Jes-us Buddha in the 6th century BC, as described by the OLB, and the life of Jesus of Nazareth in the 1st century AD, according to standard history. His life, and the subsequent fate of his teachings at the hands of corrupt priests, as recorded in the OLB could, for the most part, just as easily refer to Buddha as to Jesus of Nazareth, although the plain meaning of the text nevertheless seems to equate the two individuals. In particular:

"Although they knew that Jessos had taught that men should regulate and control their passions, they taught that men should stifle their passions, and that the perfection of humanity consisted in being as unfeeling as the cold stones. In order to make the people believe that they did as they preached, they pretended to outward poverty; and that they had overcome all sensual feelings, they took no wives. But if any young girl had made a false step, it was quickly forgiven; the weak, they said, were to be assisted, and to save their souls men must give largely to the Church."

"Church" is a translation of OLB Frisian cherke (modern Frisian tsjerke). The fact that the OLB was using this word in the 6th century BC should give us pause, since it has hitherto been thought to derive from the Greek term kyriakon doma ("lord's house"), entering the Germanic languages from about AD 300. Yet this instance of the use of the term in the OLB is by no means the only one, nor even the earliest.

If the two individuals, Jes-us Buddha and Jesus of Nazareth, are to be equated, it follows that the stories of Jesus of Nazareth in 1st century Palestine were fabricated by the Church (as, indeed, the OLB implies), and in reality he lived 600 years earlier in a completely different part of the world. Whether this is more likely than that there were two people named Jesus, the later one following the teachings of the earlier one and subsequently becoming confused with him, is an interesting question, but there's no real hint of this in the OLB itself.

• Like 2

"Although they knew that Jessos had taught that men should regulate and control their passions, they taught that men should stifle their passions, and that the perfection of humanity consisted in being as unfeeling as the cold stones."
The bolded part sounds very much like the Stoicism:

The Stoics did not seek to extinguish emotions; rather, they sought to transform them by a resolute "askesis" that enables a person to develop clear judgment and inner calm. Logic, reflection, and concentration were the methods of such self-discipline. (
)

Equanimity (Latin: æquanimitas having an even mind; aequus even animus mind/soul) is a state of psychological stability and composure which is undisturbed by experience of or exposure to emotions, pain, or other phenomena that may cause others to lose the balance of their mind. The virtue and value of equanimity is extolled and advocated by a number of major religions and ancient philosophies. (
)
"Church" is a translation of OLB Frisian cherke (modern Frisian tsjerke). The fact that the OLB was using this word in the 6th century BC should give us pause, since it has hitherto been thought to derive from the Greek term kyriakon doma ("lord's house"), entering the Germanic languages from about AD 300. Yet this instance of the use of the term in the OLB is by no means the only one, nor even the earliest.
By comparison, the Boxsröm saga has a full hierarchic system of temples, chapels and offering groves. Those buildings are typically made of wood and contain altars. The word 'chapel' is alleged as ancient and not of Christian import. Note is being made that it has partially the same etymology as temple (kappeli or kapell, temppeli). Ka refers to karl class of peoples, tem to temperature and peli to 'game' or 'play'. Word 'church' (kirkko, kyrko) is mentioned as an old one, implying heathen timeframe. In addition, Christmas of Yule and the Nordic Saint Lucy's Day are described in detail as heathen traditions. (Bock 1996, 28, 39-40, 87.)

Finnish heathen poetry also mentions occasionally words that sound like Christian. Here is one example about the death of Balder by Hodur:

Hankki Päivölä pitoja,______________Päivölä organised feasts,
[
Päivölä
= lit. 'place of Day', same as Scandinavian
Asgård
]

jumalisto juominkeja.______________gods sprees.

Tupa oli tehty Päivölässä,__________A room had been made at Päivölä,

Päivölässä, Pohjolassa:___________At Päivölä, at North:

sivulta sata'a syltä,_______________one hundred fathoms by side,

tuhansia poikkipuolin._____________thousands across.

[...]____________________________[...]

Tuo oli Päivölän isäntä,____________That was the master of Päivölä,

laittoi kutsut kuusialle,_____________sent invitations for six,

kahdeksialle keruhut:_____________ for eight to be collected:

kutsui pipit, kutsui papit,___________
invited bishops
[?]
invited priests

kutsui kaikki ristikansan,___________
called all the crossfolk

kutsui hoikat huovimiehet._________called the slender soldiermen.

[From here the poem continues with the main character
Lemminkäinen
, or
Balder
, being killed by blind sepherd, or blind
Hodur
. Source: Martti Haavio, Kirjokansi, 1980, pages 89-94. Translated by me.]

Traditional view of academia is that this otherwise fully a heathen poem dealing with the major heroes of note has been affected by later Christian times, hence the mention of 'priests' and 'crossfolk'. Once I thought so too, until I learned about Baldur-Kristos of Wiligut story, chapels of Boxström story, Jes-us of Oera Linda story and the hybrid Germanic Christianity that blended early Christianity with Germanic culture. I'm not so sure anymore as to whether these are some kind of cultural synthesises, or are we dealing with fully heathen stories.

Edited by FromFinland

That would certainly explain the chronological discrepancy between the life of Jes-us Buddha in the 6th century BC, as described by the OLB, and the life of Jesus of Nazareth in the 1st century AD, according to standard history. His life, and the subsequent fate of his teachings at the hands of corrupt priests, as recorded in the OLB could, for the most part, just as easily refer to Buddha as to Jesus of Nazareth, although the plain meaning of the text nevertheless seems to equate the two individuals.

If the two individuals, Jes-us Buddha and Jesus of Nazareth, are to be equated, it follows that the stories of Jesus of Nazareth in 1st century Palestine were fabricated by the Church (as, indeed, the OLB implies), and in reality he lived 600 years earlier in a completely different part of the world. Whether this is more likely than that there were two people named Jesus, the later one following the teachings of the earlier one and subsequently becoming confused with him, is an interesting question, but there's no real hint of this in the OLB itself.

What if both ways do account for the same for the full 100%?:

1) There is a chronological discrepancy according standard history between Buddha and Jesus as one and the same

2) They reflections stemming/describing the same upheavel around the same cultural movement, with the same main actors in the same time period

???

Then the standard history/timeline must have some serious flaws, also a wild option nevertheless to consider :-)

If willing, one can also see the analogy of OLB story hinting at Budha being an illegitimate son, being carried for and raised as adoptive son in a poor community and the connection of the Essenes as community living and following their own beliefs (this in rather 'poor' and modest conditions when viewed from the outside), but caring for also the less fortunate children by ways of community. But Buddha was told to be raised in the palace, no? That's what i thought at least.

Stories about Jesus as a son of a (supposed?) virgin, can be viewed also in this light.

What a scandal that must have been, but there are hints for Jesus being considered a bstrd child too when this could be used against him.

But never total in open view, because than it would be clear for everyone who his real mother (and her/his legacy) was in fact.

Hence he was known for the ones in the knowing as the legitimate successor of a certain line, but also scolded by some of his adverseries who had a clue for he could never claim it openly.

• Like 1

1) There is a chronological discrepancy according standard history between Buddha and Jesus as one and the same

2) They reflections stemming/describing the same upheavel around the same cultural movement, with the same main actors in the same time period

The Soviet-Russian mathematician, artist and historian Anatoly Fomenko did some serious historical research by putting all the known historical data and dates to a computer, which printed a result that confirmed what revolutionary-turned-into-scientist Nikola Morozov had found already in the first half the 1900s. Namely that either human history has some serious recurring pattern into it, or alternatively very much of the old historical sources are outright fabrications. Fomenko and Morozov believed the latter. As they could base some of their datings to astronomical incidents - which can be calculated backwards in time - the historical records had to be adjusted in Fomenko's view either further back to older times, or closer to newer times (i.e. late Medieval times or later). Fomenko chose the latter, which compressed the known history into the last 1000 years or so.

I think Fomenko made a critical error in this, but his notes about the anomalies seem alarming. Instead of compressing history into one thousand years, I think human history should be seen as longer than commonly thought of. Not only do mythological sources from all over the planet consistently point to such a past, also the mainstream history has been moving all the time to that direction. Cases of Göbekli Tepe and Wolf Cave are good examples of this scientific phenomena.

Please see for yourselves: Roman Empire and Biblical Jews, Holy Roman Empire and Biblical Jewish Kingdom. One would easily think that the later dates would be the more trustworthy datings. If so, it would mean that much of the Old Testament and even older Roman history is made up in regards to dates and durations of the governance. The falsification operation would have had to happen in Christian times, done by Roman-Catholic authors.

Edited by FromFinland
  • Like 1

Well that absorbed my night. Strange or maybe not, how seemingly intelligent scientific types who have written tomes of respected scholarly publications then just throw a real left field ball and somehow tarnish their reputations but do not budge from their seemingly ridiculous argument. I could barely get my head around his theories and I'm fairly good at that pastime of placing events into different time frames but his was a doozy and a half.

Religious manipulation kept us in the Dark Ages since the time of Hypatia and the burning of the Library of Alexandria by, you guessed it, Christian religious zealots. I would not be at all surprised by anything kept hidden by them.

"What made them inappropriate was some matter of religious nature with "political" bearing that apparently has not been handed down by Valerius Antias, the source that Plutarch was using. Dionysius of Halicarnassus hints that they were actually kept as a very close secret by the Pontifices."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egeria_(deity)

Edited by The Puzzler
  • Like 2