Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 3]

Abramelin

2 hours ago, The Puzzler said:

The Faroe Islands name is IMO, disputed, livestock..hmm, to sheep island, maybe..more like the islands far away.

Origin
Old English færfaru ‘travelling, a journey or expedition’, faran ‘to travel’, also ‘get on (well or badly’), of Germanic origin; related to Dutch varen and German fahren ‘to travel’, Old Norse ferja ‘ferry boat’, also to ford. Sense 1 of the noun stems from an earlier meaning ‘a journey for which a price is paid’. Noun sense 2 was originally used with reference to the quality or quantity of food provided, probably from the idea of faring well or badly.

A journey for which a price is paid, like to a ferryman I guess... A sacred place, not necessarily inhabited.

I always thought is was connected to the the whole Germanic- Celtic Ferryman of the Dead business where a priestly class took the souls of the deceased to a island.

As for "mass comparison". It's the worst form of any research. Like comparing a Algonquian language to Japanese or Canaanite or Christianity with NDN spiritual tradition. I can't stand it!

While I have so far found nothing about Carl Diem that links him with the OLB, there is at least a hint of a connection in the case of Theodor Lewald, who, describing the ritual, said it created, "a real and spiritual bond between our German fatherland and the sacred places of Greece founded nearly 4,000 years ago by Nordic immigrants"

In 1936, Germans were making up history that flattered Germany's place in history wholesale.

Edited by PersonFromPorlock

4 hours ago, The Puzzler said:

Hello UM OLB peeps, long time, no see, I know but I thought I'd only post when I had some new stuff to talk about...here's one, has anyone heard of William Comyns Beaumont? His theory is so far out I recognised aspects of it within the OLB. If he was younger I'd have said he could be the author. 

William Comyns Beaumont, also known as Comyns Beaumont, (1873–1956)[1] was a British journalistauthor, and lecturer.

“a collection of bodies came from the direction of the present north-east, and fell mainly upon a certain position of the Northern Hemisphere, occasioned vast earthquakes, and deposited not only certain mountain ranges but also volcanoes, causing among other matters the sinking of some land and the uprising of others.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-legends/scotland-s-catastrophic-comet-conspiracy-007814/page/0/1

The wording, the subject matter and if we looked at it in the way that Atland was West of the Frisian lands as many have done, (Britain) even though I know the India location is quite valid, to me, this seems a connected story, he suspects Christianity, Constantine specifically, of wiping out all previous history, he places the immigration from Bronze Age Britain to the Meditteranean as does the OLB and other things, which I can imagine some might have truths to it. I was gonna make a new topic and might yet depending, it's really just about looking at some other connecting aspects to the OLB story first that maybe only those interested can get thier head around. Cheers.

Hey Puzzler,

Good to see you again, I hope life has been good to you.

jmccr8

1 hour ago, Piney said:

I always thought is was connected to the the whole Germanic- Celtic Ferryman of the Dead business where a priestly class took the souls of the deceased to a island.

As for "mass comparison". It's the worst form of any research. Like comparing a Algonquian language to Japanese or Canaanite or Christianity with NDN spiritual tradition. I can't stand it!

William Tyndale, a translator of the English Bible says that "the English agreeth one thousand times more with the Hebrew than with the Greek".

This link has that quote and a whole lot more on the subject but it won't copy/paste. http://twelvearound1.com/mbjews.html

Edited by The Puzzler

12 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hey Puzzler,

Good to see you again, I hope life has been good to you.

jmccr8

Thank you jm, can't complain. 

I might make a topic since it's going off track but I'd be interested if anyone else sees OLB splashed within it, all quite interesting really.

Edited by The Puzzler

This bit seemed on track:

Take again the Trojans of classic fame. They were a very brave and fine nation, advanced in civilisation, who offered sacrifices to the dead of bowls of warm milk, goblets of wine, and also raised funeral mounds. Where do you find such mounds or barrows? All over the Scandinavian lands and in Denmark as in Britain, but never in the Near East. They shook hands with one another, and anyone who knows the East is aware that such was never an Oriental custom. How can we explain Virgil’s statement of King Priam, slain and mutilated by Pyrrhus, as he sat on his “sacred throne,” that he had been “proud monarch over so many countries and nations”? But this we can say. The Trojans, after the Great Catastrophe, settled in great numbers in Britain known as the Brigantes, whose history I trace, showing incidentally that Rome was founded by men of this very nation, and that they became the ruling people in Britain south of the Clyde and Forth. They never originated in Asia Minor, but as will be seen from Ascania, Denmark and the Low Countries, from the regions later known as Freesia.

http://self-realisation.com/ourstory/britain-key-to-world-history/

The Trojans as ancestors of the Britons. I think that trash goes all the way back to the Venerable ( i.e. full of ****) Bede, if I remember right.

8 hours ago, Piney said:

The Trojans as ancestors of the Britons. I think that trash goes all the way back to the Venerable ( i.e. full of ****) Bede, if I remember right.

Yeah, I know. Somehow these stories get out there though by people who seem earnest enough in their writings, maybe some truth can underlie things, for example, he states the Brigantes of Britain were the men who founded Rome. Looking for links, what I see is that Strabo tells us that a tribe called Brigantii live in the Alps, a Celtic type, possible sub branch of the rich British Brigantes, some in York, maybe traders living around the Hallstatt realm, the Brigantii are a sub-tribe of the Vendelici, intermixing with Po Valley Etruscans, who it was said were also the Raeti, living next to the Vendelici. So peeps mix, then Romes founding myth is obviously a load of rubbish, the real core is that only around the 4th and 5th centuries did Roman rule rise, established at first by Etruscan law in a town taken over from Etruscans. Rome wouldnt have existed without them.

So he states that they were really from the areas of Freesia among others, where the Brigantes originated, who populated Britain and had an offshoot in the Alps with Etruscan association, to Rome.

Edited by The Puzzler
Add more info.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Some claim the Trojans founded Rome.

Yes, always been an enigma for me. The claim here is that Trojans were Brigantes, who originated from the Low Countries, populating Britain and above post showed how it might be one way of construing foundation of Rome by these people. That is different to the OLB though. 

Edited by The Puzzler

15 minutes ago, The Puzzler said:

Yes, always been an enigma for me. The claim here is that Trojans were Brigantes, who originated from the Low Countries, populating Britain and above post showed how it might be one way of construing foundation of Rome by these people. That is different to the OLB though. 

Well, if Rome was really in Britain it might work ;)

49 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Well, if Rome was really in Britain it might work ;)

My post to Piney gave an explanation of it not being in Britain.

Edited by The Puzzler
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Puzzler said:

Relative to the OLB is the change to landscape from the cataclysm, admittedly 1000 years later, the manipulation of Christianity by priests and that the Mediterranean was colonised by people from the North. Not much really but it does offer some more alternative thinking along these lines, that's for sure.

If the Brigantes are Frisian origin, it lends credence to the Arya being the Fryans, because the etymology of Brigantes is the same, high -> nobility

Edited by The Puzzler

6 hours ago, The Puzzler said:

Yeah, I know. Somehow these stories get out there though by people who seem earnest enough in their writings, maybe some truth can underlie things, for example, he states the Brigantes of Britain were the men who founded Rome. Looking for links, what I see is that Strabo tells us that a tribe called Brigantii live in the Alps, a Celtic type, possible sub branch of the rich British Brigantes, some in York, maybe traders living around the Hallstatt realm, the Brigantii are a sub-tribe of the Vendelici, intermixing with Po Valley Etruscans, who it was said were also the Raeti, living next to the Vendelici. So peeps mix, then Romes founding myth is obviously a load of rubbish, the real core is that only around the 4th and 5th centuries did Roman rule rise, established at first by Etruscan law in a town taken over from Etruscans. Rome wouldnt have existed without them.

So he states that they were really from the areas of Freesia among others, where the Brigantes originated, who populated Britain and had an offshoot in the Alps with Etruscan association, to Rome.

The Arras Culture. There was probably a Celtic migration from the continent and there was probably  trade with the Etruscans and Celts. They have found that big battlefield in Germany and determined that the possible losers are genetically tied with the Villanova Culture.

I been reading about the Yamna and the relationship between the various Indo-European cultures. Marija Gimbutas has proven right so far with many of her theories.

• Like 1

I have a vauge memory of someone posting an OLB font in the thread a long whikle back. Does anyone know of such a thing?

On 28-10-2017 at 11:16 AM, The Puzzler said:

Hello UM OLB peeps, long time, no see, I know but I thought I'd only post when I had some new stuff to talk about...here's one, has anyone heard of William Comyns Beaumont? His theory is so far out I recognised aspects of it within the OLB. If he was younger I'd have said he could be the author. 

William Comyns Beaumont, also known as Comyns Beaumont, (1873–1956)[1] was a British journalistauthor, and lecturer.

“a collection of bodies came from the direction of the present north-east, and fell mainly upon a certain position of the Northern Hemisphere, occasioned vast earthquakes, and deposited not only certain mountain ranges but also volcanoes, causing among other matters the sinking of some land and the uprising of others.

http://www.ancient-origins.net/myths-legends/scotland-s-catastrophic-comet-conspiracy-007814/page/0/1

The wording, the subject matter and if we looked at it in the way that Atland was West of the Frisian lands as many have done, (Britain) even though I know the India location is quite valid, to me, this seems a connected story, he suspects Christianity, Constantine specifically, of wiping out all previous history, he places the immigration from Bronze Age Britain to the Meditteranean as does the OLB and other things, which I can imagine some might have truths to it. I was gonna make a new topic and might yet depending, it's really just about looking at some other connecting aspects to the OLB story first that maybe only those interested can get thier head around. Cheers.

Hi Puzzler, fijn to hear from you.

As always; quality time, thnx :-)

Will reflect a bit further on what you presented, but i also saw your posts in the other topic: about Brigantes. 

Minerva is said to be linked with Brigantia.

Allready a loose connection, but the 'burghs' seem also common. 

Adrianus Scrieckius (Adriaan van Schrieck) in his etymological work ' Van t’beghin der eerster volcken van Europen, in-sonderheyt vanden oorspronck ende saecken der Neder-Landren, makes 'Brigantes' come from 'Birg-anden', meaning those living at (an) the Berg (near mountaineous area).  They were also famous for their burghs as stronghold, so clear again 'berg' and 'burgh' are connected (see dutch 'opbergen') with safeguarding.

Directly in my mind came the Burgundians also. 

So in a very wide persepctive i find the OLB burgh culture in line with Birgantes (Berg-anden) and Burgundians (Burgh-wonenden).

Personal point of view, further to discover :-)

• Like 2

Concerning William Comyns Beaumont's 'Great Deception' and the 'Great' Britain's history ...

a difficult one to align with OLB on first sight, is the place of Britain in OLB culture: it was an exilium for outcasts and misfits of Fryans society.

In other words: not the best part of Fryans heritage.

Maybe Beaumont read the OLB and wanted to give some counter weight :-)

• 4 weeks later...

This was inscribed upon the walls of Freya’s Citadel in Texland, as well as at Stavia and Medeasblik.

It was Freya’s day, and seven times seven years had elapsed since Fasta was appointed Folkmother according to Freya’s desire. The citadel of Medeasblik was ready, and a fam (lady) was chosen.

Fasta would light the new fire and when she had done so in the presence of the Folk Freya called out from Her Watch-Star so that all men-a-like could hear it.

Fasta, take your stylus and write the things that weren’t known to you. Fasta did as she was told. This is how we Freya’s children learn of our origin.

This is our origin. Wralda, who alone is good and eternal, made the Tanfang. Then came time. Time wrought all things, even the earth.

Earth bore all grasses, herbs, and trees, all good and all bad animals. All that is good and dear she brought by day, and all that is bad and injurious she brought forth by night. After the twelfth Jolfeast she bore three daughters.

Lyda out of glowing matter, Finda out of hot matter, and Freya out of warm matter. By Her blot and Wheel Wralda dispels the sins of Adam, so mankind will become wise by Him.

As soon as She became full grown dreams of pleasure and delight filled Her and Wralda’s order came to be known and now bearing twelve sons and twelve daughters, at each Yuletide, twins. Thereof all mankind come.

Verse 1 says that the account was copied from Freya’s Citadel and also found in the citadels at Stavia and Medeasblik. This is making a claim that there were citadels in these three areas. We do know Medeasblik as Medemblik in the Neitherlands and Stavia is Stavoren in Friesland or at least the names came from those Citadels. There is two forts that are in each area only one though is said to date back to 2000 BCE, Heimenberg (Ref 1).

Verse 2 and 3 speak of Freya’s Day and Her Watch-Star. It also introduces Fasta who later became known as Hestia and Vesta. This suggest that the order of priestesses known as the Vestal virgins have origins going back to 2200 BCE (Ref 2). Freya’s day falls on December 21-23 also known as the Winter Soltice when Orion’s Belt tends to be the most dominant in the sky (Ref 3-4). Freya’s Watch-Star refers to Delta Orionis on Orion’s Belt (Ref 5).

Verse 4 the origin was written down by Fasta who originally was given to her by hymn.

Verse 5 mentions Wralda created the Tanfang and then came time. In Sandbachs translation he put beginning in place of the Tanfang. This doesn’t correlate with how Wralda is described in the cosmology written in The Oldest Teachings. It suggest there was no beginning to the universe but only a beginning to time. The Tanfang refers to the astrological signs of the Yulewheel. From these signs time came. Time here is not used in a general since. It refers to a clock, Stonehenge (Ref 6). Stonehenge was used to calculate the six seasons. By using the sun, the moon, and six constellations. I took the six spoke wheel and overlaid it with Stonehenge to show how it matches with the stone placement (Fig 1). This correlates with the constellations found at the site and with the Nebra disc found in Germany in 1600 BCE (Ref 7,8) (Fig 2-4). This also shows the order of the Aryan cosmology. Since the Tanfang does not mean the beginning it shows that the universe doesn’t have a absolute beginning and time came after the Tanfang or the stars and the moon. After this the Earth came.

Verse 6 continues with the order of creation. All animals and vegetation came before the three daughters or what we can call the three sisters. They came at the twelfth Jolfeast, this is the original telling and meaning of Yuletide. This correlates with earlier beliefs of the three deities and Orion's Belt (Ref 9). This practice predates the three wise men and Christmas by thousands of years.

Verse 7 gives the order of birth of the three sisters. It says Lyda was born first not only because she is written first, but by the cooling of heat. Glowing means hot rock. It cools to a lower heat and Finda was born. Then Freya came when the heat was warm. This represents time passing. Since there is no calendar or reference point to start with, we come to the conclusion that massive amounts of time passed between them. It next mentions blot meaning sacrifice or a stain, mark to be cleansed (Ref 10). The blot is not negative here because it mentions the wheel with what Freya used to dispel the sins of Adam. Freya used the Wheel to create a new form of writing that allows everyone to understand what is written. Before this writing could only be interpreted by the priest class. The sins of Adam does not refer to the garden of eden but refers to the origin of the lie. The lie is the sin of Adam which was created by the Abu Rahmu, a cult of Adam or Abraham who originated out of the Sumerian civilization which dates back to 6000 BCE (Ref 11, 12). Freya dispels the lie of the false priest of Asia Minor with Her writing bring wisdom.

Verse 8 tells us that Freya produces many offsprings. That all mankind comes to Wralda and becomes free from the lie of Abraham.

found this at this site. 

https://aryanscriptures.wordpress.com/2017/11/06/our-origin-11-8/

On 11/4/2017 at 1:24 AM, Van Gorp said:

Concerning William Comyns Beaumont's 'Great Deception' and the 'Great' Britain's history ...

a difficult one to align with OLB on first sight, is the place of Britain in OLB culture: it was an exilium for outcasts and misfits of Fryans society.

In other words: not the best part of Fryans heritage.

Maybe Beaumont read the OLB and wanted to give some counter weight :-)

I have been having a hard time placing it too. But if you look at the hymn of our origin it suggest that Flyland submerged before Atland. 

“Exalted Frya! When she had thus spoken the earth shook like the sea of Wr-alda. The ground of Flyland sunk beneath her feet, the air was dimmed by tears, and when they looked for their mother she was already risen to her watching star; then at length thunder burst from the clouds, and the lightning wrote upon the firmament “Watch!”

Far-seeing Frya! The land from which she had risen was now a stream, and except her Tex all that was in it was overwhelmed.”

On 11/2/2017 at 6:49 AM, flashman7870 said:

I have a vague memory of someone posting an OLB font in the thread a long while back. Does anyone know of such a thing?

Good to see this thread revived and some old friends still here.

A font was indeed posted, but is was based on an 8-spoke wheel, so not quite as in OLB.

Sura de Heer created a font that he used for his transcription in his 2008 translation, but he did not make it available for other to use thus far.

News update: My new English OLB translation is almost ready. Three proofreaders have improved my English (one of them being professional). I have also asked the publisher of my first choice, who immediately answered to be "most definitely" interested. Currently improving footnotes and then will add word list and introduction. There will also be an introduction by a Dr. History who taught Old English.

Also, during the long period of silence here, I have kept posting at least once a month about the OLB on my blog (link below).

• Like 2

On 11/28/2017 at 1:36 AM, americanaryan said:

By Her blot and Wheel Wralda dispels the sins of Adam, so mankind will become wise by Him.

?!

BLÁT - blot

SINA ÁDAMA - sins of Adam

WÈSA - wise

That 'translator' was either clueless, or just having some fun.

My transliteration and translation of this:

THÁ HJA BLÁT KÉMON SPISDE WR.ALDA HJAM MITH SINA ÁDAMA. TILTHIU THA MÀNNESKA AN HIM SKOLDE BVNDEN WÉSA.

As they laid bare, Wralda fed them with his breath so that mankind would be bound to him.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ott said:

?!

BLÁT - blot

SINA ÁDAMA - sins of Adam

WÈSA - wise

That 'translator' was either clueless, or just having some fun.

My transliteration and translation of this:

THÁ HJA BLÁT KÉMON SPISDE WR.ALDA HJAM MITH SINA ÁDAMA. TILTHIU THA MÀNNESKA AN HIM SKOLDE BVNDEN WÉSA.

As they laid bare, Wralda fed them with his breath so that mankind would be bound to him.

The translation maybe bad, but the evidence he provides that shows the origin of the Adamic cult seems to be accurate. Now if that translation is bad, then could it be that the false priest came from Sumer and Akkadian priest class. If that is true, then did they get the idea of Adam from the writings in the citadels? Did they also try to create a mythology of Adam to subvert? By telling people who could not read that Adam was notbreath from Wralda, but the first man who we inherited sin from.

From what I read Adam was not mention until the 12th century BCE. It was added to the creation story of the Sumerians by the babylonians at that time. So is this the origin of the Magus?

ps I am looking forward to the book when you are finish with the new translation. Do you have a release date yet? 

Edited by americanaryan

His translations is not what I care about. The evidence he provides for the Oera Lind book is what is interesting.

Like the Druids. 

Here is the things on his twitter feed.

"More proof that the Druids or danu did not originate in Ireland. We have language, genetics, religion, and other documents that say they sailed from the east. The druids are subverters, not White. The Celts are Whites who were subverted by (((them)))."

http://hope-of-israel.org/wanderingdan.html

The Aryan Scriptures claim that the Druids came from the east and subverted the Celts is backed up by DNA, other writings, religious practices, and language.

Here is proof that Gaelic language system was from the Middle East. You can see the Gaelic written language was not European but cuneiform or (((Sumerian)))

Here Danu is worshipped in India proving more that Danu is a foreign goddess not the great White Mother Freya. Obviously the Druids deceived the Celts into worshipping a foreign mother. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danu_(Asura)

Here DNA evidence that the Druids have direct link to the Brahmin and Jews. The mutation C282Y is found in Celts because the Druids mated into them spreading it. So Celts can say thanks Jews.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11551098/

Here is the study that shows that the Gaulish jewsin spain have that same mutation.

http://www.uib.cat/digitalAssets/126/126389_1_article3.pdf

Here is the study showing that mutation exist in the northern Indians aka Brahmin."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/14765621/

IMG_6450.JPG

Edited by americanaryan
  • Like 1

Did we ever agree on what the etymology of KALTA was?

On the other side of the Scheldt, at Flyburgt, Sijrhed presided. This maiden was full of tricks. Her face was beautiful, and her tongue was nimble; but the advice that she gave was always conveyed in mysterious terms. Therefore the mariners called her Kalta, and the landsmen thought it was a title.

Etymology for KILT came up as KJALTA - to tuck up, to swaddle - to WRAP (up her words in mysterious terms). O.N

Then that sounds like a connection to her name being relative to KELTS, maybe their real etymology too.

Maybe I already said it or someone else did, too long, too bad a memory but I get stuck on small things... which I'm trying to clarify.

Edited by The Puzzler