Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 3]

Abramelin

20 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

Is it really important to post to your own thread 5+ times in a row, or are you just manipulating the system to keep your thread on the top of the forum page?

—Jaylemurph 

I forgot to add: this is not my thread:

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/184645-archivedoera-linda-book-and-the-great-flood/

Edit:

Sorry, 'my' thread is on top again... heh.

Maybe you should start one yourself.

I started several in the past, about The Serer, about trans-atlantic contacts initiated by Native Americans, and one I forgot about.

You know, it is great for your soul to try out something  and hang your blls out to dry.

Edited by Abramelin

17 hours ago, Abramelin said:

I started several in the past, about The Serer, about trans-atlantic contacts initiated by Native Americans, and one I forgot about.

Not happening prior to Leif. 

The whole zoonotic disease thingy. :yes:

I said "initiated by Native Americans". However, I don't know what the NA may have brought with them to Europe.

• Like 1

As a Dutchie by roots this sparked my interest so i started doing some reading and the first thing that came up several times was the following :

"The Oera Linda Book is a manuscript written in a form of Old Frisian, purporting to cover historical, mythological, and religious themes of remote antiquity, from 2194 BCE to 803 CE. Among academics in Germanic philology, the document is widely considered to be a hoax or forgery".

Do I need to say more ?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

As a Dutchie by roots this sparked my interest so i started doing some reading and the first thing that came up several times was the following :

"The Oera Linda Book is a manuscript written in a form of Old Frisian, purporting to cover historical, mythological, and religious themes of remote antiquity, from 2194 BCE to 803 CE. Among academics in Germanic philology, the document is widely considered to be a hoax or forgery".

Do I need to say more ?

The literal hundreds of pages of linguistic and historical drivel thread and its two predecessors have shat all over the world suggest strongly you do. 

—Jaylemurph 

Edited by jaylemurph
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Do I need to say more ?

One of the topics that interested me most was  who wrote the OLB, when, and why.

Although I have been away from UM for years, that doesn't mean I lost interest in the whole scene around the OLB. Like, is there a hidden message in the OLB, knowing that Cornelus over de Linden was interested in Freemasonry?

Here a link to a former part of this thread to show you the discussions going in every direction:

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/227240-oera-linda-book-and-the-great-flood-part-2/page/23/#comments

Then click forward or backward. We even discussed astrology for god's sake, haha!

• Like 1

This thread continued for a long time , therefore not many people bothered to read what had been discussed before , so  many people arrived and mentioned the Wiki claim of it being a fake if you can be bothered the Dutchiedutch , you will find many more posts on the subject of the Wiki page , and the so called experts that contributed to this opinion.

I myself joined , then left , then re-joined the discussion over a few years , with 2 or 3 different names (when after a while i had forgotten my password ) It was good fun , and i made some good aquaintances of some of the people who participated , even some that have now died .I dont think we ever told anyone we had any proof that Oera Linda Boek was exactly what it claimed , or was claimed by some to be , but taking part was fun , and through some investigationsmade me much more aware of the areas history..

Even now i like to come back and see if further interest is still being shown in this very interesting thread , and would like to thank all those that took part while i was heret , and am still grateful to Abremelin , who was always a check on those of us that sometimes ran away with our imaginations of things we thought we might have found.

It was fun , and helped me become even now interested in our history... surely cannot be a bad thimg .... regards all .

Edited by Passing Time
  • Like 2

Thanks, Passing Time.

Although Jaylemurph called it historical and linguistic drivel - and I agree with him partly - many interesting topics entered this 'arena', some made by, lets say, more informed persons.

And it was interesting to watch posters rubbing eachother the wrong way eventually settled, and happily continued posting as usual.. and then p1ssed off eachother again soon after, heh.

• Like 2

Many years ago, after some googling "Oera Linda", I ended up at the Historum site, where I found Alewyn - whose book started this thread here on UM 10 years ago - posting as "Transvaler".

So, I decided to register under the name "Vrank Bouleen", because I didn't want to scare off Alewyn... and maybe have a less emotional discussion about the OLB.

Ok, that may have been somewhat of a wrong move, as you can see from this link, and then click on the subsequent pages of that thread:

https://historum.com/threads/the-oera-linda-book.36777/ 

Edit:

This is where Alewyn/Transvaler showed up:

https://historum.com/threads/the-oera-linda-book.36777/page-3#post-1039892

And his first mistake was calling Ottema a 'linguist".

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 1:41 AM, jaylemurph said:

The literal hundreds of pages of linguistic and historical drivel thread and its two predecessors have shat all over the world suggest strongly you do. 

—Jaylemurph 

I have spent (you'd probably say 'wasted') my time reading large chunks of the entire thread, meaning: much of part I and II.

Now, much of this entire thread may not have been to your liking, but I asked for your help several times. I know Puzzler wasn't happy with me trying to invite you to this thread, but I desparately wanted a linguist to help us out.

____

I managed to read up to this page:

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/184645-archivedoera-linda-book-and-the-great-flood/page/25/?tab=comments#comment-3524759

It all may be drivel to you, but have you started a thread that was 'superior'? In that case, please post a link.

I would love to read that thread.

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 9:41 AM, Ott said:

Yesterday, the best introduction into the Oera Linda book to date (imo) was published:

So, Abramelin.

Assuming you are actually interested in the OL topic, what are your comments about this 1 hour video?

One part at least - probably two - will follow.

Assuming I am interested? You should know better...

I will watch the video when I'm back home from work

I came as far as the commentator said, "Aryan tradition".

Maybe I will watch the rest another time, but I "assume" it won't get much better.

• Like 2

That is an easy way to avoid having to use your mind.

Perhaps the video is best seen as part of the whole series, so the commentator's choice of terms is better understood:

subvhist.jpg

• Like 1

You probably have the text of those videos at hand. Post that, and I will use my mind, read it and comment on it.

I am not going to watch all those videos or the one you posted before on this smartphone.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Piney said:

Sorry, but I posted the link to that pdf years ago, in this thread.

Nevertheless: good point.

• Thanks 1

All righty folks, knock it off with the snipping at and derogatory remarks about each other. Discuss the topic in a courteous and civilized manner, or just leave off commenting to each other. 

• Like 2

Then you must read the entire thread.

It lasted for only 10 years (3 parts, this thread is part 3).

Good luck.

Ok, the admins have cleaned up the place.

Shall we get back on topic, please?

On 10/1/2020 at 9:27 PM, Trelane said:

Wow, 86 pages on this. What is the fascination with something that has been generally regarded as a hoax?

The point is that not everybody accepts that. So, during many years, those who are convinced the OLB is a fabrication have been discussing with those who are convinced it is a true and authentic account of ancient European history.

The discussions went in every possible direction.

One of the points of discussion was the important date of 2194 BCE.

Alewyn, the one whose book started this thread, came up with all kinds of scientific proof some mayor disaster took place around 2200 bce. Others posted evidence of contradicting facts.

This went on for years. Like the linguistic aspect.

The linguistic aspect also was a very big part of this thread.

Next, who created this ms, if it was not a real authentic family chronicle dating back to ca. 600 bce? And why? Several suspects were presented, and we - the skeptics - still are not sure about who did what.

But I think we eventually nailed the source of that important date, the date of 2194 bce.

Start here, and enjoy (it's part I of this thread, at that point a year old, 9 years ago... ):

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/184645-archivedoera-linda-book-and-the-great-flood/page/372/#comments

And then turn the pages.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

People posting in this thread have died. Alewyn, the one whose book started this thread, died soon after the second edition of his book. Menno Knul, the one who suspected Joast Halbertsma to be the one behind the creation of the OLB, the one who created a big site about the OLB, died. Apol, a Norwegian, one who had a site about the OLB, died.

And then there is "Puzzler". She hasn't been around for years. She appeared to me as an old Australian woman posting into the little hours. I have never posted in a thread where I, on a regular basis, wished someone a good night. I hope she is well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Hello new here and also from holland, seems this is one of the most interesting topics there is :) 

On 12/28/2015 at 12:51 PM, Tony S. said:

Britain was the land of the exiles, who with the help of their Burgtmaagd had gone away to save their lives; but in order that they might not come back they were tattooed with a B on the forehead, the banished with a red dye, the other criminals with blue.

Interesting links here regarding the OLB:

https://aryanscriptures.wordpress.com/author/zechariahmurphy/

https://aryanscriptures.wordpress.com/the-hymn-of-our-origin-chapter-1/

p.s.  I am just looking at the info from a neutral perspective. Not looking at the aryan part here as that is not of most importance here