Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 3]

Abramelin

On the Punjab thing: I'm not sure how it's even up for debate that Aldland was in the Himalayas, or at the very least is the source of the Findas/ Sintas (speakign within the logic of the OLB, of course). And this mountain range is yet more evidence- though, if we look at it from the hoax perspective, my gut is telling me it's probably a coincidence. Heck, the eymology of Sinda/ Sindi may evenn be directly related, but I doubt the hoaxers were thinking about this mountain range when they were formulating the story. Unless, of course, you can find something in the literature that described Eden/ the Flood in the Tarim Basin mentioning this mountain range.

Also, has anyone come up with an explanation for "Kasimir- that is, extraordinary"?

In.t hirte fon Finda.s lând vppet berchta lêid en del ðêr is kêðen Kasamír. ðet is sjeldsum.

How does "sjeldsum" extraordinary, anyway? Is it equivalent to "seldom"? That would mean "Occasionally, rarely" in English. And how do we know that it's saying that is waht the name itself means as opposed to a description?

And as to your Table of Nations claiM: Well, duh. This isn't new info, and I don't get Eli's assertion that it refers to IE populations.

Though, I wonder: considering the "white" appearance of the Finns, lack of history for themselves, and oppresion by the Magy, would that make them the Fryans that were enslaved by th Findas following the destruction of Atland.

Just a 'hit and run' post...

We've discussed the origin of the name "Finda" ad nauseum, but I think I've found a match..... in India:

https://en.wikipedia...i/Vindhya_Range

Read the episode in the OLB about the "Pangab" (Punjab) and so on.

India_Geographic_Map.jpg

So you are meaning by this that the Finda are (f = Of ) India , and Vindhya mountains ( V = F ) is the same as Findhya Mtns

just the same as the Vlie lands = the Fly (Fli ) lands in Northern Scandia .

have always thought that we may have more success finding them through Indian connections , rather than European ones,

which is why i tried to get that other thread started , looking at the Indian side , but it never really took off unfortunately.

here is some of what i did find though ,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnagara

http://www.jatland.com/home/Minnagara

Jatlanders and Jutlanders with the connection of Minnagara just have to be the same , and can you just see the fleet that Alexander pressganged sitting in the Marmada river close by .( M..Armada )

not sure but around the entry of the Marmada river to the sea , is this close to where they think they have found underwater

evidence of Krisna's City Dwarka , i need to spend some more time on it , and drag out my old notes .

Edited by Passing Time

found some old notes.

http://legacy.fordha...nt/periplus.asp

see from chapter 38. re Barygaza/ Bharakuccha this is probably where the OLB campers were sailing to for trade , just below barbaricum , Barygaza is Baruch(asa) also called Bhryga.........

Kuccha is sanscrit for Tortoise .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bharuch

you will see from the wiki that most of the info from the ancient indian literature on etymology etc , came surprise, surprise !......from the Skanda Purana.

which says that Bhryga/Baruch came on a tortoise ?......but you will see from the Periplus that a valuable commodity in these times was Tortoise shell , of which lots was traded around this coast .so prob a mis-translation somewhere.

note from the map that the trading vessels passed from the Mediteranian into the Red Sea ,(the route shown , as indicated from the information given in the Periplus ) just as OLB says there was ancient passage , before the earthquake that caused Alexander so much trouble hauling ships from the Red sea to the Med........also says Baruch has been known as a ship building area since ancient times.again as per OLB , with Frians building Alexander a Fleet after his army torched the first ships.

Edited by Passing Time

Very interesting.

According to the Skanda Purana, the sage Bhrigu came to Bharuch sitting on a tortoise. The tortoise is known as Kachchha in Sanskrit. Hence the place was named 'Bhrigukachchha'.

Another theory states that the city derived its name from "Bhr̥igukachchha" (... "Bhr̥gu's riverbank"), the residence of the great saint Bhrigu Rishi. The city then became known as 'Bharukachch', which was later abridged to Bharuch.

In other words, the etymology is not known. It could easily have been BURCH (borough) originally. A word, very common in OLB.

Edited by Jan Ott

here is a reference to the Pu-lindas who are situated on the M-armada river . together with Minnagara , and Brighu-kacchha.........the Emporium.

http://prabhupadaboo...m/sb/2/4/18?d=1

Ptolemy vii.1.fol.172.

Abhira (Abiria ) whose level district is called Saurastra (Saurashtra , Surastrenena ) and who's metropolis Minnagara , is mentioned by the author of Periplus , is the locality where a great abundance of precious commodities were gathered prior to them being sent to the Great Indian Emporium called Barygaza ( Briga-kocchacha,Baruch )

Both Arrian and Ptolemy say the Indo-Scythians were herdsmen , called Ahir , this tribe Ptolemy mentions were originally settled in the Punjab , but gradually wandered Southwards as they slowly adopted peaceful habits

. eg , there are two minagara's as one is for the stores, and one is their

sales area , Pulinda's are in the area of the Bharata ,(MahaBarata ..Great Barata ) and this was

also the area where the Kshatriya's were , this standing army would be neccessary in an area

where so many nations precious goods were stored , and to prevent any minor wars breaking out

against countries that might be at war on their home territory.In this link Pulindas are said to be classed as Kshatriya Kings.

Artereyah Brahmana (Vii.18 )

Andra's are mentioned together with Pudra's ,Shabaras , Pulindas and Mulibas , as being outcasts , because they did not adopt the vedic sacrifice, and because they continued to eat flesh. they

were called Mlucchas ( foreigners )

My thoughts: i wonder if each powerful nation had at this time their own Emporium , Agora ,

Caravanserai , where a grand market is held , each foreign nation was alloted a certain area of

land , which they held as their portion of territory , with the agreement of the countries King/

ruler , and there they built warehouses /storerooms for the goods that their own ships

brought for trade, their dockers , and stores people, salesmen, prob wives also lived there.

and this is why these Greeks , Huns , Russians , Germans , Linda's , etc are all reported

as tribes in the area.????

Edited by Passing Time

Or consider the possibility that it's a coincidence, Just as the naming of Lindi, Tanzania is.

By the way, it was never adequately explained to me how the Fryans sailed straight through to the Red Sea.

Or consider the possibility that it's a coincidence, Just as the naming of Lindi, Tanzania is.

By the way, it was never adequately explained to me how the Fryans sailed straight through to the Red Sea.

Of course it is still possible it is a coincidence.

re the strait through red sea from the Med :-

http://henry-davis.com/MAPS/AncientWebPages/100D.html

http://www.angelfire.com/fl/BriansHouse/redsea.html

go down the page to the NUZI Map , possibly two entrances .

Edited by Passing Time

If you're following this thread: http://www.unexplain...c=282562&st=915 it might not seem so strange. My theory is that a huge flood could've, among other things, cut open the Red Sea and had a nice channel going through there before things started drying up. At least towards the Eastern Sahara/Middle East. On the more western side my theory is that the waters didn't stall out but instead managed to make their way over obstacles, grinding as they went and then flushed out at the "notch" in the country Mauritania, dumping sediments there just off the coast in the Atlantic. Take a look at this relief map, backing in and out: http://www.davidrumsey.com/luna/servlet/detail/RUMSEY~8~1~234371~5510040:North-Africa----Physical and this bathymetric map of the world's oceans. Look there just off that "notch" in Mauritania. There's an anomalous mud shoal where the rest of Africa has a neater edge:

Bathymetric%20map%20of%20the%20worlds%20oceans%20with%20red%20arrow_zpsfgmbkbcj.jpg

Edited by SSilhouette

If you're following this thread: http://www.unexplain...c=282562&st=915 it might not seem so strange. My theory is that a huge flood could've, among other things, cut open the Red Sea and had a nice channel going through there before things started drying up. At least towards the Eastern Sahara/Middle East. On the more western side my theory is that the waters didn't stall out but instead managed to make their way over obstacles, grinding as they went and then flushed out at the "notch" in the country Mauritania, dumping sediments there just off the coast in the Atlantic. Take a look at this relief map, backing in and out: http://www.davidrumsey.com/luna/servlet/detail/RUMSEY~8~1~234371~5510040:North-Africa----Physical and this bathymetric map of the world's oceans. Look there just off that "notch" in Mauritania. There's an anomalous mud shoal where the rest of Africa has a neater edge:

Bathymetric%20map%20of%20the%20worlds%20oceans%20with%20red%20arrow_zpsfgmbkbcj.jpg

So where did the waste come from?

Because looking at the "mud flow" your point to, there had to be a vast amount of water to propel that much mud that far out to sea.

I reiterate that I've been through floods, mud happens, it gets everywhere and stinks to high heavens, but there's surprisingly littl of it when you consider the volume of water.

I Will Say This once Ssil. I have followed This thread si ce the first post and have enjoyed and learnt a lot from the input of those who have contributed. I see no reason to engage in nonsense So refrain from encouraging it.

Jmccr8

• Like 1

Interesting idea, but that would place the origin of Judaism in Phoenecia, which considering the lack of mythological similarities between Phoenician and Jewish religion beyond those names found across the Semitic world, that seems unlikely.

i expect i watch and read toooooo much.

maybe they did come from that area...... Khasars...Ashkenasi........listen to what he says about

where they came from , and who they are........ these are not Sephardic Jews though.

Edited by Passing Time

Again, I attempted to explain to you how the Fryans were reported to have sailed straight through to the Red Sea. But I'm not sure about the timeline; when they were said to have done that. (Checks title) Oh, yes, I see this thread does discuss a flood event. So your wondering and my response is fully within reasonable parameters. USMB thread stalkers notwithstanding.

If you're following this thread: http://www.unexplain...c=282562&st=915 it might not seem so strange. My theory is that a huge flood could've, among other things, cut open the Red Sea and had a nice channel going through there before things started drying up. At least towards the Eastern Sahara/Middle East. On the more western side my theory is that the waters didn't stall out but instead managed to make their way over obstacles, grinding as they went and then flushed out at the "notch" in the country Mauritania, dumping sediments there just off the coast in the Atlantic. Take a look at this relief map, backing in and out: http://www.davidrums...ica----Physical and this bathymetric map of the world's oceans. Look there just off that "notch" in Mauritania. There's an anomalous mud shoal where the rest of Africa has a neater edge:

I'm going to answer this in the other thread, because it's Atlantis related. :yes:

Just a 'hit and run' post...

We've discussed the origin of the name "Finda" ad nauseum, but I think I've found a match..... in India:

https://en.wikipedia...i/Vindhya_Range

Read the episode in the OLB about the "Pangab" (Punjab) and so on.

India_Geographic_Map.jpg

I wonder then, if her name should be a "match" with this place.

According to the author of a commentary on Amarakosha, the word Vindhya derives from the Sanskrit word "Vaindh" (to obstruct). A mythological story (see below) states that the Vindhyas once obstructed the path of the sun, resulting in this name

Could this be what FINDA really means? Vaindh should be in the English language through it's IE connection, so I'd say it's 'feign' - feigned

feign (v.)

A 17c. respelling of fain, fein, from Middle English feinen, feynen "disguise or conceal (deceit, falsehood, one's real meaning); dissemble, make false pretenses, lie; pretend to be" (c. 1300), from Old French feindre "hesitate, falter; be indolent; lack courage; show weakness," also transitive, "to shape, fashion; depict, represent; feign, pretend; imitate" (12c.), from Latin fingere "to touch, handle; devise; fabricate, alter, change" (see fiction).

To conceal something is obstructing it's view.

In Frisian it appears to have come in as FIEND: fīand 29, fīund, fī-and, fī-und, afries., M. (nd): nhd. Feind; ne. enemy; ÜG.: lat. inimīcus K 3, L 1, Pfs (17, 18); Hw.: vgl. got. fijands, an. fjāndi, ae. fíond, anfrk. fiund, as. fīund, ahd. fījant*; Q.: R, W, S, B, E, H, K 3, L 1, Pfs (17, 18); E.: germ. *fijēnd-, *fijǣnd-, st. M., Feind; s. idg. *pēi-, *pē-, *pī-, *peiə-, V., weh tun, beschädigen, schmähen, Pokorny 792, Kluge s. u. Feind; W.: nfries. fynne, M., Feind; W.: saterl. fjend, M., Feind; W.: nnordfries. fiend, M., Feind; L.: Hh 27a, Rh 738b

So, even though FINDAs name could be from FIND - invent - it's also possible her name is the same etymology as the Sanskrit Vindhya, which makes the connections all the more interesting imo.

I think I touched on this name before but didn't associate it with the Sanskrit version of the place. Sorry Abe, I couldn't help it, I haven't had a good dose of word...play for a while.

Edited by The Puzzler
  • Like 1

I have never heard of the oero Linda book until finding this forum. I have been reading the book. I find it fascinating to read on how an ancient culture perceived the world.

Upon reviewing on why people think its a hoax, I can't find anything specific other than gibberish. I have read that the motive for such a book was to find an identity for the people of the 1800s.

I read that some things had been rewritten to conserve the stories. Couldn't it be possible that it was rewritten to protect writings that could have been lost?

And when rewritten, transcribed into the format of the writer's preference or understanding?

There are many historical items written in the book that someone from the 1850s would not have been aware of as described in earlier posts. I am not satisfied that this is a hoax until someone can explain how someone can forge events that they would not have been aware of.

The dating of the paper would not be suitable to me for proving a hoax.

• Like 1

i expect i watch and read toooooo much.

maybe they did come from that area...... Khasars...Ashkenasi........listen to what he says about

where they came from , and who they are........ these are not Sephardic Jews though.

In addition to Het Ura Linda Book, you subscribe to the Khazar Theory which has been markedly rejected by genetics. Though I suppose they're just another Zionist plot, eh?

*Sigh* I was hoping I wouldn't have to come in contact with Zionist Conspiracy theorists after I stopped browsing /pol/

EDIT: The essential flaw of the Zionist Conspiracy is that it assumes a vasy, shadowy conspiracy of the world Jewry, rather than Ashkenazi, being of a similar background, have economic views that tend to overlap. And they push these ideas in the businesses they tend to control disproportionately- not for the purposes of any conspiracy, but because of historical and socio economic factors which pushed them into banking and entertainment.

Edited by flashman7870

If you're following this thread: http://www.unexplain...c=282562&st=915 it might not seem so strange. My theory is that a huge flood could've, among other things, cut open the Red Sea and had a nice channel going through there before things started drying up. At least towards the Eastern Sahara/Middle East. On the more western side my theory is that the waters didn't stall out but instead managed to make their way over obstacles, grinding as they went and then flushed out at the "notch" in the country Mauritania, dumping sediments there just off the coast in the Atlantic. Take a look at this relief map, backing in and out: http://www.davidrums...ica----Physical and this bathymetric map of the world's oceans. Look there just off that "notch" in Mauritania. There's an anomalous mud shoal where the rest of Africa has a neater edge:

I don't quite see what a bathymetric notch off of Mauritania has to do with the red sea being an isthmus during the Bronze Age, and this going unmentioned by Egyptian scribes.

Also, where is this second flood coming from?

And that anomalous notch just looks like a natural extension of the continental plate, like the Mascarene Plateau or the Bay of Biscay.

I don't quite see what a bathymetric notch off of Mauritania has to do with the red sea being an isthmus during the Bronze Age, and this going unmentioned by Egyptian scribes.

Also, where is this second flood coming from?

And that anomalous notch just looks like a natural extension of the continental plate, like the Mascarene Plateau or the Bay of Biscay.

I'm saying they could be one and the same event/phenomenon. The Bronze Age was around 2,000 B.C. from what I've read. My theory is that when the Black Sea was flooded last by the Mediterranean, it was around 6,000 B.C. And my theory is that that event also flooded and scoured the Sahara region and all the lowlying regions around the Middle East for that matter, including the "Fertile Crescent" near the Red Sea. My theory goes that that flood moved straight through with more energy on the western half of the Sahara and out Mauritania into the Atlantic into the mud shoal obvious just off that notch there in that bathymetric map. And at the same time a less energetic flow plus more energized backflow as that mass hit the erstwhile foothills of the Ahaggar/Atlas connection (now ground flat into plateaus) in the west, shot up into the Hauts Plateau (through that obvious channel still with some standing water at its extreme northeast end) and laid the deep fluvial deposits way up there by the force of that backflow that met the initial resistance of the foothills joining the Atlas and Ahaggars) and also made its way around to the eastern half of the Sahara where it sort of dead ended. Here is a relief map of the entire region to show you what I mean, the obvious erosion and what I call "flash flood scarring" that I'm talking about. http://www.davidrumsey.com/luna/servlet/detail/RUMSEY~8~1~234371~5510040:North-Africa----Physical You can zoom in and out to get really close detail and then a macro view that you could use to see it like a smaller region that had a lot of water channeling through at one time. Note the difference in erosion of the foothills all across the northern Sahara in comparison with the southern region near Sudan. "Suddenly" the foothills go from ground-flat to normal erosion in that dead-end zone I was talking about.

Lore says that there were "great swamps" in that eastern area which remained inundated for quite awhile as the Sahara slowly dried out again. My theory says that it took a couple thousand years for those swamps to dry out. In the mean time, there may have been a passage that has since also dried up that went through from the Mediterranean to the Red Sea to facilitate the passage you cited of ships through there during the Bronze Age.

So, the point could be directly related to what the Fryans were reporting, being able to get through there still while the Bronze Age was going on. The timeline could match up.

Edited by SSilhouette

The Geertmen would have sailed through the Suex Peninsula circa 1530, not 2000/2193.

And I can't really be bothered to talk about Atlantis tTBH. The whole concept just irks me, because it seems so clear that Plato made it up as science fiction. I'll happily discuss Kumari Kandam or Mu, if you like.

The Geertmen would have sailed through the Suex Peninsula circa 1530, not 2000/2193.

And I can't really be bothered to talk about Atlantis tTBH. The whole concept just irks me, because it seems so clear that Plato made it up as science fiction. I'll happily discuss Kumari Kandam or Mu, if you like.

I've never been talking about "Atlantis" in my theory either. It doesn't interest me as much as the Black Sea flooding and the scarring evident upon the face of the Sahara of a large mass of water moving through with great energy. Only a great flood, which is named in the title of both these threads is my focus. And also, the difference in drying between 1530 B.C. and 2000 B.C. is tit for tat. Experts don't really have it nailed completely down when the eastern Sahara region swamps actually finished drying out.

Your comment about the Red Sea being passable by the Fryans around the wet/drying out time of that region is what sparked my interest. But I'll get lost from this thread if that's what you want. It seems to be what everybody wants when it comes to my theory about the flooding of the Sahara and outlying areas so? Whatever.

Edited by SSilhouette

I've never been talking about "Atlantis" in my theory either. It doesn't interest me as much as the Black Sea flooding and the scarring evident upon the face of the Sahara of a large mass of water moving through with great energy. Only a great flood, which is named in the title of both these threads is my focus. And also, the difference in drying between 1530 B.C. and 2000 B.C. is tit for tat. Experts don't really have it nailed completely down when the eastern Sahara region swamps actually finished drying out.

Your comment about the Red Sea being passable by the Fryans around the wet/drying out time of that region is what sparked my interest. But I'll get lost from this thread if that's what you want. It seems to be what everybody wants when it comes to my theory about the flooding of the Sahara and outlying areas so? Whatever.

You said this: Lore says that there were "great swamps" in that eastern area which remained inundated for quite awhile as the Sahara slowly dried out again. My theory says that it took a couple thousand years for those swamps to dry out. In the mean time, there may have been a passage that has since also dried up that went through from the Mediterranean to the Red Sea to facilitate the passage you cited of ships through there during the Bronze Age.

So, the point could be directly related to what the Fryans were reporting, being able to get through there still while the Bronze Age was going on. The timeline could match up.

Lore says there were great swamps, I agree, there was, mention of Lake Triton and evidence is there of a Green Sahara. It did take some thousands of years for those to dry out. The next bit, I think also that there must have been a passage through there - (however I'd be more inclined to think it happened suddenly, more like the OLB and maybe even relative to Moses crossing, rather than dried out slowly but it's a good point so I'll investigate it more) - if Phoenicians came from the Erythraean Sea (Red Sea), did they take apart their ships and haul them overland or what? How did the Phoenicians arrive in Tyre from the Red Sea with their ships?

This is relevant to this thread as the mention given in the description could explain it. This event, in itself, could be the explanation for the collapse of the Bronze Age. Imagine that trade and people no longer could access the Mediterranean at that time. I could even see it impacting in India.

The sea-king of the Tyrians brought them altogether through the strait which at that time ran into the Red Sea (now re-established as the Suez Canal). At last they landed at the Punjab, called in our language the Five Rivers, because five rivers flow together to the sea.

The King of Tyre afterwards, seeing that all his best sailors were gone, sent all his ships with his wild soldiers to catch them, dead or alive. When they arrived at the strait, both the sea and the earth trembled. The land was upheaved so that all the water ran out of the strait, and the muddy shores were raised up like a rampart.

Earthquakes can occur at the mouth of the Suez Canal.

Edited by The Puzzler

Probably the last straw to that drying channel was an earthquake. That doesn't erase my flood theory though.

:tu:

Sure, the flood in this thread is not dated with the Mt Etna tsunami though and the strait mentioned isn't dried out but changes because of an earthquake, so it doesn't seem to hold any relevance to your idea even though Id agree it doesn't erase it.