Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 3]

Abramelin

What, do you no longer believe that he stole Celtic/ North European myths and attributed them to Greece?

What does that even mean?

What does that even mean?

Uh, wasn't that like your big thing for a while?

That Greek myths actually originated in the North of Europe? And that Homer, Herodotus and Plato re-appropriated them for use by Greece? Or have I totally misunderstood you?

Thanks for that Kmt. No one is saying there was a massive water rise at 1500BC or even Bronze Age. What was put forth was a higher sea level and wetter climate was in existence slowing lowering itself through the Bronze Age, until what appears in our times to be trend toward higher sea levels once again. I don't think it means that water had to cover the Delta, which needed at least 7 m to do so.

However point I made was the existence of higher water levels at that time may have made the water deeper in the Jordan valley. It really was a mute point cormac jumped onto, it never really meant that much nor contributed to any Red Sea crossing.

SS threw out the idea that some water may have remained as navigable lakes or waterways from a wetter period that hadn't dried up yet, there is lots of places this happened, wadis everywhere, not nec. Huge lakes but wet areas that were prone to being rivers when wetter or flooded. Lake Triton is a remnant in myth of one such area. I don't think it's that bad an idea.

In the OLB there is mention of a strait through from the Med. to the Red Sea that an earthquake occurred near and closed it up.

The second thing I considered is Herodotus said Phoenicians arrived from Red Sea, ready to trade - how did they get through? Carry the ships overland? take them apart for the haul? That's the context we are at here on this issue at the moment, just so you know.

They may indeed have just walked there or whatever but it made me think about it from that angle.

One may think everyone should know about this route but 2 things may impede that at least. The Egyptian Necho (I think) had a dream warning him off opening the route, for fear of enemies coming through, the trade it would bring wasn't worth the enemies it may bring, also the Phoenicians were shifty, secret folk who guarded their sea going knowledge, not letting anyone else in on them.

Diodorus has a great quote: For the Phoenicians, it appears, were from ancient times clever men in making discoveries to their gain, and the Italians are equally clever in leaving no gain to anyone else.

I really don't have much to add but a couple of things. I'm not aware of wetter periods in the Bronze Age that would've appreciably affected water levels in the sea, lakes, or rivers. Of course there was occasional flooding of the rivers, and water levels fluctuated as I previously mentioned. But this was standard. I couldn't tell you about the Jordan in this timeframe because frankly I don't know much about it in the Bronze Age, so my information focused more on the Levantine coast, the Sinai, and coastal Egypt and its river valley. The Tempest Stela of Ahmose I (c. 1550 BCE) definitely hints at some sort of climatic upheaval, but this would've been temporary.

As for the movement of ships, did the Phoenicians ply the Red Sea much? I'm honestly not certain, given the fact that they would've had to cut through Egyptian-controlled territory to get there. They definitely did not come from the Red Sea area (they were a subset of Canaanites), but I'm really not certain if they knew those waters very well. But it's a known archaeological fact that to reach the Red Sea coast from the population centers of the Nile Valley, the Egyptians did in fact prepare trackways through the eastern desert, and disassembled their boats for transport. Both the trackway and the principal Red Sea port are archaeologically attested and date back to at least the Middle Kingdom (c. 1900 BCE).

Also, in the Late Period it was Necho II, I believe, who attempted but failed to cut a canal to the Red Sea. It was not completed until the Persian period.

• Like 1

Uh, wasn't that like your big thing for a while?

That Greek myths actually originated in the North of Europe? And that Homer, Herodotus and Plato re-appropriated them for use by Greece? Or have I totally misunderstood you?

I don't know of Herodotus re-appropriating any myth, you only mentioned him.

As for Homer, certainly I do think some have, but you didn't say Homer.

Edited by The Puzzler

Would the Erythaean sea extend to the Persian Gulf? I don't know about that. The way I had always understood it, it referred to the Red Sea (after all, that's what the name means), the Arabian Sea, the Gulf of Aden, and the African portions of the Indian Ocean all the way down to Zanzibar/ Mafia Island (and the city of Lindi, for that matter) or thereabouts.

Do you have any source on the Persian Gulf being referred to as a part of the Erythraean Sea?

It's a pretty major thing that it has dead wrong- how could the Geertmen possibly have sailed to the Red Sea?

The name "Erythraean Sea" was used as well to refer to some gulfs attached to the Indian Ocean, specifically, the Persian Gulf.[citation needed]

It does need citation but it does say it. Wiki Erythraean Sea.

I meant the thought the Phoenicians sailed through to Tyre was no major change, that the Geertmen sailed through in the time frame stated is what I'm concentrating on yes.

The events mentioned in the OLB are strangely similar to the Bible. At the time of the Thera eruption, which undoubtably would have been preceded by deep earthquake rumblings, earthquake damage is evident in the Med. at this time.

Some claim the Thera eruption is the catalyst for the plagues on Egypt and the time of the Exodus.

The Geertmen fleeing through the Red Sea being chased by a King and his men, who become unable to follow them through because the geology of the sea changes suddenly, thanks to God, is quite the same story structure as the Exodus.

I don't know of Herodotus re-appropriating any myth, you only mentioned him.

As for Homer, certainly I do think some have, but you didn't say Homer.

At the very least, you do think Herodotus is wrong about the settings of various myths, right?

The events mentioned in the OLB are strangely similar to the Bible. At the time of the Thera eruption, which undoubtably would have been preceded by deep earthquake rumblings, earthquake damage is evident in the Med. at this time.

Some claim the Thera eruption is the catalyst for the plagues on Egypt and the time of the Exodus.

The Geertmen fleeing through the Red Sea being chased by a King and his men, who become unable to follow them through because the geology of the sea changes suddenly, thanks to God, is quite the same story structure as the Exodus.

Interesting idea, and a thematic link between the flight from Atehns and the Exodus is certainly an interesting one. Though, of course, any would-be hoaxers would have had access to the Bible.

But as to this Thera=Plagues theory: wouldn't Thera have erupted a century or two before the Pharaoh of Exodus had taken the throne? Also, in the OLB, I recall the only thing that could be construed as a reference to Thera were "rough seas" around Texel, which couldn't possibly have been caused by Thera.

Which makes you wonder why all these stories are lining up. Any localized regional drying wet zones could easily be affected by an earthquake to block a passage once enjoyed, like that passage to the Red Sea.

So if inundated by the Black Sea episode previously, and open to passage there where the Suez is today, sure, yeah, an earthquake comes along and "voila!" no more getting through.

Which makes you wonder why all these stories are lining up. Any localized regional drying wet zones could easily be affected by an earthquake to block a passage once enjoyed, like that passage to the Red Sea.

So if inundated by the Black Sea episode previously, and open to passage there where the Suez is today, sure, yeah, an earthquake comes along and "voila!" no more getting through.

Which stories? The OLB and the Bible? The former of which could have been forged after the latter? And which doesn't actually line up, since the plagues took place in a different time, and so did Thera, which is not even mentioned in the OLB?

At the very least, you do think Herodotus is wrong about the settings of various myths, right?

Interesting idea, and a thematic link between the flight from Atehns and the Exodus is certainly an interesting one. Though, of course, any would-be hoaxers would have had access to the Bible.

But as to this Thera=Plagues theory: wouldn't Thera have erupted a century or two before the Pharaoh of Exodus had taken the throne? Also, in the OLB, I recall the only thing that could be construed as a reference to Thera were "rough seas" around Texel, which couldn't possibly have been caused by Thera.

I don't know of Herodotus telling us about any myth in a setting that would constitute what you say, he didn't tell myths, he wrote history. I am more than happy to admit Homers myths, some at least, were taken from Euro cultures but I won't say Herodotus did, because he didn't even write myths.

The plagues and Thera may have occurred earlier than the Exodus, which in the Bible, they do, we don't know how,long after the plagues the Exodus really took place, certainly we had got to the 10th plague at least, so some time had passed, it could be years, secondly we really don't know exactly when these events took place, no Pharoah has been exclusively selected for Pharoah of the Bible. My personal opinion is in the time of the Hyksos expulsion, which is closer in time to the eruption dates.

The OLB has a knack for this kind of thing, it's typical OLB to mean this instance is the same, everything we read in it, not everything but many events, are parallel to other events, some becoming myths, but never as we know them.

From Diodorus:

Brave warriors they reward with the choicest portions of the meat, in the same manner as the poet introduces Ajax as honoured by the chiefs after he returned victorious from his single combat with Hector:

To Ajax then were given of the chine

Slices, full-length, unto his honour.

In Homer's Iliad he is described as of great stature, colossal frame and strongest of all the Achaeans. Known as the "bulwark of the Achaeans" - In the Iliad, Ajax is notable for his abundant strength and courage, seen particularly in two fights with Hector.

The Gauls are tall of body, with rippling muscles - The Gauls are terrifying in aspect and their voices are deep and altogether harsh

It is also their custom, when they are formed for battle, to step out in front of the line and to challenge the most valiant men from among their opponents to single combat, brandishing their weapons in front of them to terrify their adversaries. - Diodorus

he was trained by the centaur Chiron (who had trained Ajax' father Telamon and Achilles' father Peleus

and they pull it back from the forehead to the top of the head and back to the nape of the neck, with the result that their appearance is like that of Satyrs and Pans, since the treatment of their hair makes it so heavy and coarse that it differs in no respect from the mane of horses - Diodorus

or do people actually think half men half horses creatures existed training heroes as intelligent warriors...?

They are also boasters and threateners and are fond of pompous language, and yet they have sharp wits and are not without cleverness at learning. Among them are also to be found lyric poets whom they call Bards. - Diodorus (all on the Gauls)

Anyway that's a bit off track but just making mention of some examples whereby gives good thought to the origin of some of the myths and their characters for Flashman. Since Odysseus is mentioned also in the OLB or at least someone who sounds like him, maybe its not that off-track after all.

Edited by The Puzzler

and of course the bible is only one of these stories , other eastern myths , and particularly the Mesopotamian

Enuma Elish creation story thought to be from circ 1100 BC , there are of course various copies of this ancient

creation myth found in Turkey , Babylon and the sites of ancient Assyria .

Dates are so difficult to tie up from one country to another , and one myth to the other.

"The Egyptian King Necho had a dream which he understood to mean , that if he continued with the building of

the canal between the Nile and the Red sea , he would likely face greater dangers from the foreign nations that would

ultimately use it , than he would get benefit from easier trade routes , and new trading partners ( this does not say

whether it is Necho 1 - 672-674 BC or Necho II - 610-595 BC ) instead he sent out a Phoenician fleet , with orders to

sail around the Libyan coast and to return to Egypt via Gades (the gates - the pillars of Hercules )

They started out in the Red Sea in Autumn , and were expected to put into the coast wherever they arrived at certain

times to plant seed , and wait for its harvest to supply their food provisions for the journey,

After two full years they rounded the pillars , and during the course of the third year they returned home to Egypt"

Also:- ........."This land which starts at the border of Persia , encompasses Persia , Assyria and Arabia and ends at the

Arabian Gulf (Red Sea ) at which Darius Completed the connection to the Nile by a Canal (Darius 1 - 550 - 486 BC )

So it sounds like an earthquake closed the Red Sea entrance before the time of one of the Necho's , he started to

build a canal to the Nile to replace it , but because of a dream decided against it's completion , then Darius took up

the construction , and completed it in his reign .

We then have OBL saying that an earthquake closed the strait in Alexanders time( 356 - 323 BC ) which seems to

conflict , but i doubt this was the first earthquake on this techtonic plate region , one occured during Necho's time ,

another may have happened at the time of exodus , the time of Alexander , and it will probably happen again at

some future time .

interesting to some also ....the wording in OLB about where the sun was at Noon , which sounded a bit of a surprise

to the OLB writer , also sound very similar to this comment in the same connection about the sailors who went

round the horn in Libya " The sailors made report , though i do not believe it myself , but some may be interested , that

as they sailed West around the Southernmost tip of Libya , the sun was on their right , ie to the Northwards of them "

Edited by Passing Time

interesting to some also ....the wording in OLB about where the sun was at Noon , which sounded a bit of a surprise

to the OLB writer , also sound very similar to this comment in the same connection about the sailors who went

round the horn in Libya " The sailors made report , though i do not believe it myself , but some may be interested , that

as they sailed West around the Southernmost tip of Libya , the sun was on their right , ie to the Northwards of them "

If you look at this map, you can surely see where there may have been areas of shallow sea or deep marshes in which more flat bottomed boats could have sailed before the drying up of that massive inundation was complete. The southern most tip of Libya, provided it is the same today as it was then on maps, is between those two brown hilly regions and just to the right of them, shown on the more right hand side of the map below. That area lies within the area I theorize was part of a great dead-end swamp left over from the greater destruction that happened in the more western part of the Sahara as a highly energized body of water (like a mega-tsunami) ramrodded its way through that region. The blue arrows are the directional flow of water I theorized from that event. The flattened foothills up to a given elevation, uniformly across the Sahara and the reports of large in inundations and swampy regions a few thousand years ago also lines up nicely with my theory. In any event, you can see where the sailors could have sailed around the most southern tip of Libya in the not so distant past:

Sahara%20satellite%20picture%20blue%20flood%20lines%20amp%20atlas%20plateau_zpsnep82alx.jpg

Edited by SSilhouette

If you look at this map, you can surely see where there may have been areas of shallow sea or deep marshes in which more flat bottomed boats could have sailed before the drying up of that massive inundation was complete. The southern most tip of Libya, provided it is the same today as it was then on maps, is between those two brown hilly regions and just to the right of them, shown on the more right hand side of the map below. That area lies within the area I theorize was part of a great dead-end swamp left over from the greater destruction that happened in the more western part of the Sahara as a highly energized body of water (like a mega-tsunami) ramrodded its way through that region. The blue arrows are the directional flow of water I theorized from that event. The flattened foothills up to a given elevation, uniformly across the Sahara and the reports of large in inundations and swampy regions a few thousand years ago also lines up nicely with my theory. In any event, you can see where the sailors could have sailed around the most southern tip of Libya in the not so distant past:

<<Image Snip>>

You are really skating on thin ice, SS. You were clearly warned. Revisit Post 129. Also review Rule 6a in our Rules section.

Lowlands =/= Navigable marshes. Just like the Tarim Basin isn't a sea.

If they said they sailed around the southernmost tip of Libya, then that's what they said. I'm offering an explanation of why any person could claim that.

If they said they sailed around the southernmost tip of Libya, then that's what they said. I'm offering an explanation of why any person could claim that.

But surely at some point he Egyptians would have recorded that the Sahara ended so abruptly?

But surely at some point he Egyptians would have recorded that the Sahara ended so abruptly?

Maybe it ended gradually?...I mean the swamps everyone seems to be talking about in the Sahara..

Edited by SSilhouette

Maybe it ended gradually?...I mean the swamps everyone seems to be talking about in the Sahara..

Except for along the Nile and around oases, there were no marshy areas in that part of the Sahara in recorded history ("recorded" in this case stretching back to around 3400 BCE).

Except for along the Nile and around oases, there were no marshy areas in that part of the Sahara in recorded history ("recorded" in this case stretching back to around 3400 BCE).

According to some people, but not all. So your choice of the word "no" in "no marshy areas" is erroneous. Some have a theory that there was no inundation in the Sahara. Others have a theory that there was a great inundation in the Sahara along the Oera Linda timeline. All theories are valid until the concrete truck of proof arrives.

According to some people, but not all. So your choice of the word "no" in "no marshy areas" is erroneous. Some have a theory that there was no inundation in the Sahara. Others have a theory that there was a great inundation in the Sahara along the Oera Linda timeline. All theories are valid until the concrete truck of proof arrives.

The OLB argues for flood events occurring in this part of the Middle East in around 2200 BCE. But it is a known scientific fact that right at this time all of North Africa, the Levant and Mesopotamia, and up into the Hindu Kush were mired in one of the most severe droughts of these people's long histories. Scientifically it's called the 4.2 kiloyear event; I provided a link to it in this thread in an earlier post of mine.

So those "some people" of whom you speak actually compose the vast majority of professional scientific and historical research, because the evidence is abundant. In fact, I don't know of any vetted scientists or historians who argue against the climatic events of this time period. There were several severe droughts through the Bronze Age, including another in the Late Bronze Age, but few were as devestating as the 4.2 kiloyear event.

That said, the concrete truck has arrived, delivered its payload of proof, and departed. Your flood theme is not the least relevant to the OLB topic and is not to be discussed here—about which I've made myself crystal clear. So, staying on topic, what scientific proof do you have to counter what I've presented for the OLB time period in the Middle East?

Some have a theory that there was no inundation in the Sahara.

That theory of which is supported by available scientific evidence.

Others (Read - SSilhouette) has a theory an idea/a theme that there was a great inundation in the Sahara along the Oera Linda timeline.

SSilhouette's theme has no support beyond "he says so" and therefore carries no scientific validity whatsoever.

All theories are valid until the concrete truck of proof arrives.

Only theories that are supported by actual scientific evidence are valid. Personal opinions, such as SSilhouette's, without scientific evidence to back them up are of no meaningful use whatsoever.

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt

is there ever ANY mention or allusion of the Hebrews in the book?
Not with that name, but IMO "missionary priests of Sidon" (Sion?) could come close.
Interesting idea, but that would place the origin of Judaism in Phoenecia, which considering the lack of mythological similarities between Phoenician and Jewish religion beyond those names found across the Semitic world, that seems unlikely.
As for the Phoenicians, [...] They were decidedly Semitic, of Canaanite stock. Their own abjad (a consonantal alphabet) demonstrates this.

Picture5.jpg

Some relevant OLB quotes conerning the Phoenicians.

1. Fonísjar priests = Gola = Sídon priests

[200/17] (Sandbach* p.241)

ALLERWÉIKES HÀVON HJA THA FONÍSJAR PRESTERA. THAT HÉTH. THA GOLA VRJÁGETH

everywhere they have driven away the Fonísjar priests, that is, the Gola

[060/23] (Sandbach p.85)

THA GOLA. ALSA HÉTON. THA SÀNDALINGA.PRESTERA SÍDON.IS

the Gola, as the missionary priests of Sídon were called

2. About the relations between the Fryas and the Gola/ 'Fonísjar' (or: how the Fryas felt about them) - Note these are only a few examples of many more

[061/11] (Sandbach p.87)

WAS THÉR HWA FON VS FOLK THÉR.ET ALSA ÀRG VRBRUD HÉDE THAT SIN LIF IN FRÉSE KÉM

THAN LÉNADON THA GOLA HIM HUL ÀND SKUL ÀND FORADON HIM NÉI PHONISJA. THÀT IS PALM.LAND

If any of our folk had messed up so badly that his life came in fear,

the Gola lent him refuge and took him to Phonisja, that is Palmland.

[097/04] (Sandbach p.135)

THÉR KÉMOM THRÉ FONÍSJAR SKIP.LJUDA THÉR HJA WRÉVELA WILDE

three Fonísjar sailors came, who wanted to abuse them [the children]

[161/17] (Sandbach p.219)

THJU TÁLE THÉRA KÀLTANA.FOLGAR IS THRVCH THA SMÛGRIGE GOLA VRDERVEN

the language of the Kàlta-followers was corrupted by the creepy Gola

[199/30] (Sandbach p.241)

THA FHONÍSJAR SEND EN BASTRED FOLK. HJA SEND FON FRYA.S BLOD.

ÀND FON FINDA.S BLOD ÀND FON LYDA HIS BLOD

the Fhonísjar are a bastardised folk; they are of Frya's blood,

of Finda's blood and of Lyda's blood

[201/24] (Sandbach p.243)

ÀFTER NÉI NAM.ER TWÁ É.LANDA TO BERCH FÁR SINUM SKÉPUM.

ÀND HWÁNATH HI LÉTER ÛTGVNG VMB ALLE FONÍSJAR SKÉPA ÀND STÉDA TO BIRÁWANE THÉR.I BIGÁNA KV

After that, he [Áskar] took two islands to park his ships,

from where he later went out to plunder all the Fonísjar ships and cities that he could reach.

display-68.jpg image source

* I give the page number of Sandbach, but the translations here are (adapted) by me

Edited by Jan Ott

Found this bit about Oera Linda accounts:

This is the 'bible' of the Aryan/Nordic peoples, with it's own account of creation, great flood, etc. If this book is authentic, its information predates the oldest known Hebrew Torah manuscripts. Controversy surrounds this 'Holy Book' as does any book that challenges the status quo of Christianity's holy book...

...Okke, my son -

1. You must preserve these books with body and soul. They contain the history of all our people, as well as of our forefathers.

2. Last year I saved them in the flood, as well as you and your mother; but they got wet, and therefore began to perish. In order not to lose them, I copied them on foreign paper.

3. In case you inherit them, you must copy them likewise, and your children must do so too, so that they may never be lost.

4. Written at Liudwerd, in the year 3449 after Atland was submerged - that is, according to the Christian reckoning, the year 1256.

And this:

Have you ever seen a map showing the bronze age port cities of the world? You certainly have not, because the darwinists will tell you sea level at circa 2000 B.C. was little different than today, yet the presence of hundreds of submerged ruins’ sites from the Gulf of Chambay to Bimini, and from Cornwall to Nan Madol, certainly belie that notion, with most of the submerged ruins worldwide in the Mediterranean and eastern Atlantic, right where you’d expect them to be, where Sidon, Peleg, Javan, Tarshish, and Atlas plied the waters, building their port facilities, now submerged since the end of the Ice Age. Here is a partial list of the submerged ruins worldwide...

...Atlantis has consistently been a source of great confusion for history buffs ever since the time of Plato who recorded the famous tale (the story which the egyptian priests of Sais had reported to the greek historian Solon circa 600 b.c.), yet when you read carefully the atlantean tale in Plato’s Critias and Timaeus, you’ll see that the empire of Atlantis was clearly bronze age, with trireme ships, global navigation, bronze age weaponry, megalithic cities, and kings cited in that timeframe who lived not 12,000 years ago, but in the general timeframe of the Exodus, those kings such as Erisichthon, Cecrops, Erechtheus, and Theseus, aegean kings whom Plato wrote lived just after the submergence of the atlantean empire (and much of Greece)....

...Another greek legend of the great sea level rise which consumed much of Greece was the Flood of Ogyges, a greek king who is said to have taken rule after 189 years of anarchy which followed that massive sea level rise when climate change and the loss of coastal real estate had thrown much of the inhabited world into chaos, so you wonder why Plato didn’t factor this into his dating for the demise of Atlantis, but for whatever reason, Plato contradicted himself in citing the greek kings of circa 1300 b.c. and bronze age weaponry and navigation capability in his story as having lived almost 10,000 years before his time. Yet another flood of ancient greek lore was the Flood of Deucalion, that one plainly described as the flood which covered the entire earth, Noah’s Flood.. https://atlan.org/su...lantis-ruins-2/

Trying to get a timeline for the Deucalion flood(s)..

The Flood in the Age of Deucalion 1

This Flood occurred at the time when Cecrops 1 ruled in Athens, as some say, but others say that Cranaus (his successor) was already king when the Flood took place. The city Cyrbe in Rhodes was completely destroyed by the Flood. Agenor 1, father of Cadmus and Europa, belongs to this time, and so does Danaus 1, father of the DANAIDS. Also Teucer 2, king of the Teucrians, at the very origins of the Trojan lineage, lived about this time....

...Thus in very short time the whole world was turned into a wide sea without shores. Even the NEREIDS were amazed, for now they could see the cities of men beneath the waters. Lions, and tigers, and boars, and all animals that lived on land were carried away by the waves, the dolphin being the only one that could be seen among the trees of the woods. And also the birds drowned, for they fell into the sea not being able to stop and rest. And among those who were able to escape many died of starvation through lack of food. http://www.maicar.com/GML/Flood.html

Edited by SSilhouette

Picture5.jpg

Some relevant OLB quotes conerning the Phoenicians.

1. Fonísjar priests = Gola = Sídon priests

[200/17] (Sandbach* p.241)

ALLERWÉIKES HÀVON HJA THA FONÍSJAR PRESTERA. THAT HÉTH. THA GOLA VRJÁGETH

everywhere they have driven away the Fonísjar priests, that is, the Gola

[060/23] (Sandbach p.85)

THA GOLA. ALSA HÉTON. THA SÀNDALINGA.PRESTERA SÍDON.IS

the Gola, as the missionary priests of Sídon were called

2. About the relations between the Fryas and the Gola/ 'Fonísjar' (or: how the Fryas felt about them) - Note these are only a few examples of many more

[061/11] (Sandbach p.87)

WAS THÉR HWA FON VS FOLK THÉR.ET ALSA ÀRG VRBRUD HÉDE THAT SIN LIF IN FRÉSE KÉM

THAN LÉNADON THA GOLA HIM HUL ÀND SKUL ÀND FORADON HIM NÉI PHONISJA. THÀT IS PALM.LAND

If any of our folk had messed up so badly that his life came in fear,

the Gola lent him refuge and took him to Phonisja, that is Palmland.

[097/04] (Sandbach p.135)

THÉR KÉMOM THRÉ FONÍSJAR SKIP.LJUDA THÉR HJA WRÉVELA WILDE

three Fonísjar sailors came, who wanted to abuse them [the children]

[161/17] (Sandbach p.219)

THJU TÁLE THÉRA KÀLTANA.FOLGAR IS THRVCH THA SMÛGRIGE GOLA VRDERVEN

the language of the Kàlta-followers was corrupted by the creepy Gola

[199/30] (Sandbach p.241)

THA FHONÍSJAR SEND EN BASTRED FOLK. HJA SEND FON FRYA.S BLOD.

ÀND FON FINDA.S BLOD ÀND FON LYDA HIS BLOD

the Fhonísjar are a bastardised folk; they are of Frya's blood,

of Finda's blood and of Lyda's blood

[201/24] (Sandbach p.243)

ÀFTER NÉI NAM.ER TWÁ É.LANDA TO BERCH FÁR SINUM SKÉPUM.

ÀND HWÁNATH HI LÉTER ÛTGVNG VMB ALLE FONÍSJAR SKÉPA ÀND STÉDA TO BIRÁWANE THÉR.I BIGÁNA KV

After that, he [Áskar] took two islands to park his ships,

from where he later went out to plunder all the Fonísjar ships and cities that he could reach.

display-68.jpg image source

* I give the page number of Sandbach, but the translations here are (adapted) by me

This issue is that the Hebrews originate in the central mounts of Canaan, not Phoenicia. And Teunis arrived in what, 1700 BC? Hebrew religion- the Priests- would only come about as of 1200 BC. And since the Hebrews were Monotheistic/ Henotheistic, that would presumably be due to influence from the Fryas.

Also, what is Gola equivalent to?