Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 3]

Abramelin

Why wouldn't they think they were better than the others? They think they are the only ones of pure heart and mind, the only ones who are free.

The book is racist. Not overly so, but whether or not it is is irrelevant to the discussion of the books autheticity. It could claim that Jews are half dog half monkey- that would not change its authenticity or lack thereof. But, with a racial hierachy, and believing inferior moral failings were tied to the other races, the Fryans were racist. This does not make them Nazis, it makes them the average human culture.

The Oera Linda book does not describe races. It describes three populations that descended from three different superwomen: Lyda, Finda and Frya, each having a psychology that in some ways differed from the other two superwomen. These populations were (Indo)-European populations, therefore Caucasian populations. It also predicts that ultimately all of their different superior psychological traits would be joinly expressed in all humans. (However, seeing the mess that humanity is, we clearly have not yet achieved that glorious species goal.)

• Like 1

Why wouldn't they think they were better than the others?

... the Fryans were racist. ... it makes them the average human culture.

And you are above this average?

Why wouldn't you think you were ...?

Surely this was the Roman way of thinking also , we are better than everyone else , and our laws are better , and our religion is better ......They tried , maybe for a high ideal ? ... to conquer the world , so that everyone would eventually be a citizen of Rome ,........everyone would obey Roman Law , everyone would worship the Roman Catholic (means Universal ) religion , and everyone would pay tribute to support a standing army in return for Romes protection , should disputes and war break out.

what is better , to force everyone to conform to your laws , and religion , or to take another direction , and not force people to obey you , but to keep yourselves seperate from them , and try not to let your people become similarly corrupted.

they took the second option it seems.

Edited by Passing Time
  • Like 1

And you are above this average?

Why wouldn't you think you were ...?

I don't believe at morality is tied to race, no. Whatever minor internal prejudices I have are... Well minor as compared to the Oera Lind Book.

Again, not a criticism, they were people in the past, they didn't have notions of racial equality. They weren't Nazis (well, some of them were, but so are some Germans).

Surely this was the Roman way of thinking also , we are better than everyone else , and our laws are better , and our religion is better ......They tried , maybe for a high ideal ? ... to conquer the world , so that everyone would eventually be a citizen of Rome ,........everyone would obey Roman Law , everyone would worship the Roman Catholic (means Universal ) religion , and everyone would pay tribute to support a standing army in return for Romes protection , should disputes and war break out.

what is better , to force everyone to conform to your laws , and religion , or to take another direction , and not force people to obey you , but to keep yourselves seperate from them , and try not to let your people become similarly corrupted.

they took the second option it seems.

Except the Romans were fine with incorporating brown and swarthy folk of Lyda and Finda. Its downfall only came when they try pied to incorporate the Twikslanders. Teh Romans had national ideas, but the thing was you could become a Roman. Josephus, for example, was a Roman. Despite his Semitic appearance and "savage" faith.

Speaking of which, is there ever ANY mention or allusion of the Hebrews in the book? Perhaps when Teunis settles Tyre?

I don't believe at morality is tied to race, no.

Still, you believe your morality is superior to that of "nazis" and "racists", terms heavily emotionally charged by decades of Hollywood (antigermanic) propaganda.

The terms are associated to genocide, to pure evil, similar to the words "witch" or "heathen" a few centuries ago.

Back then it was propaganda by the church against people who did not comply to the mainstream belief or held on to older beliefs.

Result: the burning of these 'heretics' alive with crowds of cheering people who were of "superior morals".

In our time the words "racist" and "nazi" are used against white people who want to preserve their culture and heritage, who don't believe in the globalist agenda (aiming at a one-world government, ruling a monoculture). It is hypocrite, for occupied Palestine is allowed to create a racially slash religiously 'pure' state by genociding the native population and only allowing other 'chosen ones' in.

If an individual like yourself can believe his morals are superior, then so can a group of people, a family, tribe, nation or race.

Whatever minor internal prejudices I have are... Well minor as compared to the Oera Lind Book.

L.O.L.

You obviously would not be able to see how major they actually are.

Except the Romans were fine with incorporating brown and swarthy folk of Lyda and Finda.

As long as they could use or control them, to increase their wealth and power.

The Oera Linda book does not describe races. It describes three populations that descended from three different superwomen: Lyda, Finda and Frya, ... These populations were (Indo)-European populations, therefore Caucasian populations.

How do you explain this description of the three mythical mothers (Sandbach p.13-17):

Lyda was black, with hair curled like a lamb's

Finda was yellow, and her hair was like the mane of a horse

Frya was white like the snow at sunrise, and the blue of her eyes vied with the rainbow.

For more about black/ brown and yellow/ light-brown and the peoples of these colours as described in the OLB, see blogposts:

SWART, BRUN ~ black, swarthy, sordid, brown

FINDA WAS GÉL?

Edited by Jan Ott

Why wouldn't they think they were better than the others? They think they are the only ones of pure heart and mind, the only ones who are free.

The book is racist. Not overly so, but whether or not it is is irrelevant to the discussion of the books autheticity. It could claim that Jews are half dog half monkey- that would not change its authenticity or lack thereof. But, with a racial hierachy, and believing inferior moral failings were tied to the other races, the Fryans were racist. This does not make them Nazis, it makes them the average human culture.

I see it differently.

Every man knows that he wishes to live free and undisturbed, and that others wish the same thing.

To secure this, these laws and regulations are made.

The people of Finda have also their rules and regulations, but these are not made according to what is just—only for the advantage of priests and princes—therefore their states are full of disputes and murder.

No-where do I see anything written in their laws that verifies they "think" they are superior because they are "free and have a pure heart and mind".

Anyway, enough of that, we each have our own opinions on that issue and I think we've voiced them now. Another 14 pages on it probably won't change anyone's mind here.

Edited by The Puzzler
  • Like 1

How do you explain this description of the three mythical mothers (Sandbach p.13-17):

I was born and grew up in Den Helder, the town where the Oera Linda Book was first revealed to the world. No doubt I have Frisian ancestors - as well as Viking, Jew, Roman, German, French and whatever else.

In Den Helder we had Black Arie, Red Arie, White Arie, Grey Arie and Blonde Arie and Pepper and Salt Arie. Those colors did not have anything to do with their ethnicity, which was Caucasian and more or less the same as mine, but with the color of their hair. Non-Dutch people, especially USA Americans, experience a culture shock here. We may use the same words in translation as foreigners do, but their meaning is COMPLETELY at odds with the meaning those foreigners perceive in those words. And it is the same with the Oera Linda Book: it might as well have been written in goobledygook, because its authors lived in a world very different from ours - often incomprehensibly different..

Edited by Ell

I was born and grew up in Den Helder, the town where the Oera Linda Book was first revealed to the world.

Nice.

I was born and raised in Westfriesland, in a village close to Enkhuizen, where the OLB was kept until Cornelis got it in 1848. The naming after haircolor is known to me.

You are the first and only as far as I know with this interpretation, but it is far fetched IMO.

Black Adel was indeed named so for his hair colour:

18 [195/01]

THÉRVMBE WIL IK THÀT FORMA VR SWARTE A.DEL SKRIVA.

SWARTE A.DEL WÉRE THENE FJURDE KENING AFTER FRÍSO.

Daarom wil ik ten eerste over Zwarte Adel schrijven.

Zwarte Adel was de vierde koning na Friso.

Therefore I will firstly write about Black Adel.

Black Adel were the fourth king after Friso.

19 [196/06]

MEN JETA SWARTER AS SIN HÉR IS SINE SÉLE FVNDEN

Maar nog zwarter als zijn haar is zijn ziel bevonden.

But yet blacker than his hair, his soul was found.

22 [208/22]

HI NILDE NAVT NE DÁJA THA HJA SKOLDON HJARA SELVA FRIAS BERN HÉTA

LIK RÉINTJA BIBODEN HÉDE.

MEN HI VRJET THÉRBI THATI SELVA SWARTE HÉRA HÉDE.

Hij wilde niet gedogen dat ze zichzelf Friasbern zouden noemen,

zoals Réintja aangeboden had.

Maar hij vergat daarbij dat hij zelf zwarte haren had.

He did not want to allow that they would call themselves Frias-born,

like Réintja had proposed.

But he thereby forgot that he himself had black hair.

But Lyda's Land must be Africa, as is clear from the context. Here's a few fragments but I could give many more:

3 [031/13] Minno

LYDA.S FOLK NE MÉI NÉN ÉWA TO MÁKJANDE NI TO HALDANDE.

HJA SIND TO DVM ÀND WILD THÉR TO.

Lyda's volk kan geen wetten maken noch handhaven,

ze zijn daar te dom en wild voor.

Lyda's folk is not able to make or maintain laws.

They are too dumb and wild for that.

4 [048/18]

INVR LYDJA THÉR SEND THA SWARTA MINNISKA

in Lydja daar zijn de zwarte mensen

in Lydja (there) are the black people

5 [068/26]

HI STEK THUS MITH SINUM FLÁTE NÉI LYDJA. THAT IS. LYDA HIS.LAND.

THÉR WILDON THA SWARTA.MÀNNISKA FÁTA HJAM ÀND ÉTA.

Hij stak dus met zijn vloot (over) naar Lydja, dat is Lyda's land.

Daar wilden de zwarte mensen hen vatten en eten.

He thus crossed with his fleet to Lydja, that is Lyda's land.

There the black people wanted to catch and eat them.

If your interpretation would be right and the Finda's had "yellow" hair, that would mean they are blond. ("Geel" used to mean blond in context of hair.) Consider this:

[057/13] Tünis & Inka

TÜNIS WILDE THRVCH THJU STRÉTE FON THA MIDDEL.SÉ VMBE TO FÁRANE

FÁR THA RIKA KANING FON ÉGIPTA LANDUM. LIK HI WEL ÉR DÉN HÉDE.

MEN INKA SÉIDE THAT.I SIN NOCHT HÉDE FON AL.ET FINDA.S.FOLK.

Sandbach p.81:

Teunis wished to sail through the straits to the Mediterranean Sea,

and enter the service of the rich Egyptian king, as he had done before,

but Inka said he had had enough of all those Finda's people.

[136/11] Buda a.k.a. Krisen etc

IN.T HIRTE FON FINDA.S LÁND VPPET BERCHTA

LÉID EN DEL THÉR IS KÉTHEN KASAMÍR.

Sandbach p.185

In the heart of Findasland, upon a mountain,

lies a plain called Kasamyr (Cashmere)

[157/07] Adel

THA TARTARA IS EN BRUN FINDAS FOLK

Sandbach p.213

The Tartars are a brown tribe of Finda's people

[204/03] Adel

THA TARTARA SEND EN DÉL FON FINDA.S SLACHTE

Sandbach p.245

The Tartars are a branch of Finda's race

I always thought it basically meant their skin AND their hair.

Black hair, dark skin, (Africans, maybe also people of India since Adel is referenced as such) then golden hair (mid to light brown) with medium skin tone (ancient steppe people-Eastern Europeans) and those with very fair, white hair and blue eyes with a fair complexion (Northern European type)

Poor Lyda! She turned grey by her mad behaviour, - Lyda didn't turn grey, her hair turned grey.

Edited by The Puzzler

Speaking of which, is there ever ANY mention or allusion of the Hebrews in the book? Perhaps when Teunis settles Tyre?

I don't believe so.

I always thought it basically meant their skin AND their hair.

For blacks that is true, but 'yellow' (light-brown: asian/ indian/ egyptian) people with 'yellow' (light-blond) hair? That would be exceptional, not normal.

Nice.

I was born and raised in Westfriesland, in a village close to Enkhuizen, where the OLB was kept until Cornelis got it in 1848. The naming after haircolor is known to me.

You are the first and only as far as I know with this interpretation, but it is far fetched IMO.

Black Adel was indeed named so for his hair colour:

18 [195/01]

THÉRVMBE WIL IK THÀT FORMA VR SWARTE A.DEL SKRIVA.

SWARTE A.DEL WÉRE THENE FJURDE KENING AFTER FRÍSO.

Daarom wil ik ten eerste over Zwarte Adel schrijven.

Zwarte Adel was de vierde koning na Friso.

Therefore I will firstly write about Black Adel.

Black Adel were the fourth king after Friso.

19 [196/06]

MEN JETA SWARTER AS SIN HÉR IS SINE SÉLE FVNDEN

Maar nog zwarter als zijn haar is zijn ziel bevonden.

But yet blacker than his hair, his soul was found.

22 [208/22]

HI NILDE NAVT NE DÁJA THA HJA SKOLDON HJARA SELVA FRIAS BERN HÉTA

LIK RÉINTJA BIBODEN HÉDE.

MEN HI VRJET THÉRBI THATI SELVA SWARTE HÉRA HÉDE.

Hij wilde niet gedogen dat ze zichzelf Friasbern zouden noemen,

zoals Réintja aangeboden had.

Maar hij vergat daarbij dat hij zelf zwarte haren had.

He did not want to allow that they would call themselves Frias-born,

like Réintja had proposed.

But he thereby forgot that he himself had black hair.

First you agree with me. Then you say that my thesis is farfetched. Next you demonstrate that I am right.

Nowhere do you establish that Black Adel was a negroïd person.

But Lyda's Land must be Africa, as is clear from the context. Here's a few fragments but I could give many more:

3 [031/13] Minno

LYDA.S FOLK NE MÉI NÉN ÉWA TO MÁKJANDE NI TO HALDANDE.

HJA SIND TO DVM ÀND WILD THÉR TO.

Lyda's volk kan geen wetten maken noch handhaven,

ze zijn daar te dom en wild voor.

Lyda's folk is not able to make or maintain laws.

They are too dumb and wild for that.

4 [048/18]

INVR LYDJA THÉR SEND THA SWARTA MINNISKA

in Lydja daar zijn de zwarte mensen

in Lydja (there) are the black people

5 [068/26]

HI STEK THUS MITH SINUM FLÁTE NÉI LYDJA. THAT IS. LYDA HIS.LAND.

THÉR WILDON THA SWARTA.MÀNNISKA FÁTA HJAM ÀND ÉTA.

Hij stak dus met zijn vloot (over) naar Lydja, dat is Lyda's land.

Daar wilden de zwarte mensen hen vatten en eten.

He thus crossed with his fleet to Lydja, that is Lyda's land.

There the black people wanted to catch and eat them.

Nowhere do you establish that these quotes are about Africa and negroïd people.

If your interpretation would be right and the Finda's had "yellow" hair, that would mean they are blond. ("Geel" used to mean blond in context of hair.) Consider this:

[057/13] Tünis & Inka

TÜNIS WILDE THRVCH THJU STRÉTE FON THA MIDDEL.SÉ VMBE TO FÁRANE

FÁR THA RIKA KANING FON ÉGIPTA LANDUM. LIK HI WEL ÉR DÉN HÉDE.

MEN INKA SÉIDE THAT.I SIN NOCHT HÉDE FON AL.ET FINDA.S.FOLK.

Sandbach p.81:

Teunis wished to sail through the straits to the Mediterranean Sea,

and enter the service of the rich Egyptian king, as he had done before,

but Inka said he had had enough of all those Finda's people.

[136/11] Buda a.k.a. Krisen etc

IN.T HIRTE FON FINDA.S LÁND VPPET BERCHTA

LÉID EN DEL THÉR IS KÉTHEN KASAMÍR.

Sandbach p.185

In the heart of Findasland, upon a mountain,

lies a plain called Kasamyr (Cashmere)

[157/07] Adel

THA TARTARA IS EN BRUN FINDAS FOLK

Sandbach p.213

The Tartars are a brown tribe of Finda's people

[204/03] Adel

THA TARTARA SEND EN DÉL FON FINDA.S SLACHTE

Sandbach p.245

The Tartars are a branch of Finda's race

In my opinion the above quotes are goobledygook - i.e. us modern people, unfamiliar with the world of the Oera Linda Frisians, may be caused to err by cultureshock - and I would hesitate to interpret some of it. In fact it may very well be that these Tartara were no descendents of the Finda the Phrysians knew, but of another such person and that they in fact referred not to what those persons looked like, but to their Finda psychology.

First you agree with me.

Only that in North-Holland some people are named after their haircolor, not that "black people" can only refer to people with black hair and not to people with black or brown skin.

Nowhere do you establish that Black Adel was a negroïd person.

I didn't claim that. Read more carefully.

I would hesitate to interpret some of it

Yet you interpret more wildly than any of us.

If you want to have a serious discussion, you have to try harder.

Coming from Den Helder does not give you any authority.

Tacitus talking about the Welsh/British in South West Wales (Glamorgan area )

" the swarthy faces of the Silures , the curly quality of their hair in general , and the position of Spain opposite their Island, attests to the passage of Iberians in older days and their occupation of these districts " ...Tacitus Annales XI.II , trans by M.Hutton.

Jordanes in "Origins and deeds of the Goths " The Silures have swarthy features , and are usually born with curly Black hair , whereas the inhabitants of Caledonia have reddish hair , and are larger ,with looser boned bodies",

Silures are thought to have come from Siluria ( now modern Poland ) from around 120BC , and may also be a branch of the vandals that invaded Gaul , got pushed into Iberia (Spain ) and then

invaded Africa , taking over Carthage , before it was won back by the Byzantines , only to flee Africa and re-invade Spain, Ireland , Wales , leaving colonies , whilst a large influx is believed to have

settled in Mercia , England.

Same descriptions as in OLB.

Edited by Passing Time
  • Like 1

Not with that name, but IMO "missionary priests of Sidon" (Sion?) could come close.

Argumentation here: http://fryskednis.bl...ra-sidonis.html

Interesting idea, but that would place the origin of Judaism in Phoenecia, which considering the lack of mythological similarities between Phoenician and Jewish religion beyond those names found across the Semitic world, that seems unlikely.

Tacitus talking about the Welsh/British in South West Wales (Glamorgan area )

" the swarthy faces of the Silures , the curly quality of their hair in general , and the position of Spain opposite their Island, attests to the passage of Iberians in older days and their occupation of these districts " ...Tacitus Annales XI.II , trans by M.Hutton.

Jordanes in "Origins and deeds of the Goths " The Silures have swarthy features , and are usually born with curly Black hair , whereas the inhabitants of Caledonia have reddish hair , and are larger ,with looser boned bodies",

Silures are thought to have come from Siluria ( now modern Poland ) from around 120BC , and may also be a branch of the vandals that invaded Gaul , got pushed into Iberia (Spain ) and then

invaded Africa , taking over Carthage , before it was won back by the Byzantines , only to flee Africa and re-invade Spain, Ireland , Wales , leaving colonies , whilst a large influx is believed to have

settled in Mercia , England.

Same descriptions as in OLB.

This was very useful information for me. Thank you.

For blacks that is true, but 'yellow' (light-brown: asian/ indian/ egyptian) people with 'yellow' (light-blond) hair? That would be exceptional, not normal.

A bit blurry yes...but looking at this....

Occasionally in Middle English used of a color closer to blue-gray or gray, of frogs or hazel eyes, and to translate Latin caeruleus, glauco. Also as a noun in Old English. Meaning "light-skinned" (of blacks) first recorded 1808. Applied to Asiatics since 1787, though the first recorded reference is to Turkish words for inhabitants of India.

http://www.etymonlin...php?term=yellow

One could juggle it to have yellow/ghel as light skinned blacks, people who weren't actually black nor very fair, so everyone in the middle, possibly not needing to have yellow hair as such but lighter hair than black. Inhabitants of India, must be referring to Indians who were not black as Tamils and others are (as Herodotus has mentioned, black like Ethiopians) but the fairer types, 'light-skinned blacks' ones I imagine were living more North, closer to the Himalayas. Egyptians (of the rich Egyptian King variety) imo were also light-skinned blacks, unlike Ethiopians or Nubians, but may have been included with Asiatics at that time, which is not that unusual imo, like the land was in Biblical times, much closer aligned with Phoenicia and Palestine.

Mediterraneans may possibly be referenced as Lyda types, with black hair and swarthy skin, and not included with Asiatic types, which over and over, within Herodotus and other stories, they are distinctly not classed as Asiatic.

Edited by The Puzzler
  • Like 1

This was very useful information for me. Thank you.

Yes it was wasn't it, thanks PT.

Just a 'hit and run' post...

We've discussed the origin of the name "Finda" ad nauseum, but I think I've found a match..... in India:

https://en.wikipedia...i/Vindhya_Range

Read the episode in the OLB about the "Pangab" (Punjab) and so on.

India_Geographic_Map.jpg

Edited by Abramelin

The Oera Linda book does not describe races. It describes three populations that descended from three different superwomen: Lyda, Finda and Frya, each having a psychology that in some ways differed from the other two superwomen. These populations were (Indo)-European populations, therefore Caucasian populations. It also predicts that ultimately all of their different superior psychological traits would be joinly expressed in all humans. (However, seeing the mess that humanity is, we clearly have not yet achieved that glorious species goal.)

Like Jan already pointed out, the OLB does indeed describe races, or whatever word you prefer.

And I'm convinced that those 3 'races' are based on the next medieval division of the earth:

Etimolog%C3%ADas_-_Mapa_del_Mundo_Conocido.jpg