Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 3]

Abramelin

On 8/27/2020 at 11:41 PM, Piney said:

No, I don't waste my time with something so lamebrained that is used by racists. 

I know some Old English, My mother was from Bronte Country and I speak the Middle English and some Swedish and it ain't related to Semite. 

You are just being evasive. Meaning: you claim to have studied linguistics and several old languages, but when asked for your socalled expertise, you post crap opinions. Meaning: you have not the faintest clue what I want from you.

On 8/28/2020 at 10:45 AM, Piney said:

I was going to say this before I was bopped with a airbag.

Genetics. There is no trace of Semitic genes in Minoans or Northern Europeans. 

This is about LANGUAGE. There are black South Africans whose second language, and often first language, is Zuidafrikaans, a descendent of the Dutch language. I will bet that in most of them no Dutch genes will show up.

Sorry, but I have the idea I am adressing the wrong person.

I had hoped for a scientist to answer my questions, but alas.

Edited by Abramelin

13 hours ago, Kismit said:

posters are reminded to keep things civil

We try. But are those who pretend to be scientists allowed to p*** people off with snide remarks, and by that hiding the fact that they not really are what they pretend to be?

When I ask someone like Cormac about genetics, I get a sane and scientific answer with links so I can check for myself. Same thing with Swede, and several others.

Edited by Abramelin

On 8/27/2020 at 11:41 PM, Piney said:

No, I don't waste my time with something so lamebrained that is used by racists. 

I know some Old English, My mother was from Bronte Country and I speak the Middle English and some Swedish and it ain't related to Semite. 

Please explain, using your linguistic expertise, what was 'racist' and 'lamebrained' in what I posted.

2 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Please explain, using your linguistic expertise, what was 'racist' and 'lamebrained' in what I posted.

The whole concept of Semites among the Germans. :lol:  It's the British Israelite's main ammo. 

3 hours ago, Abramelin said:

This is about LANGUAGE. There are black South Africans whose second language, and often first language, is Zuidafrikaans, a descendent of the Dutch language. I will bet that in most of them no Dutch genes will show up.

Part of my tribe spoke "Jersey Dutch" up until the 70s but we do have Dutch genes. 

When I ask someone like Cormac about genetics, I get a sane and scientific answer with links so I can check for myself. Same thing with Swede, and several others.

Your Google broke?

I had hoped for a scientist to answer my questions, but alas.

Teaching and field assistant. I only have a associates and the big guns couldn't be bothered with this thread full of Nazis

But I'm done here. I have a dig which was cancelled today and starts tomorrow and I rather be pulling up rocks on a riverbank. 

• Like 1

You are just being evasive. Meaning: you claim to have studied linguistics and several old languages, but when asked for your socalled expertise, you post crap opinions. Meaning: you have not the faintest clue what I want from you.

Nope, I studied several languages. Native American and Northern Asian ones specifically and I read Koine Greek but still learning. I'm also conversational in Spanish and Italian.

Don't put words in my mouth. I specialize in Nomadic cultures. 

• Like 4

But whatever you say you studied, and whatever you say happened to you, you still have nothing substantial to say about Mailhammer's book.

And, btw., Robert Mailhammer is an Australian.

2 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

But whatever you say you studied, and whatever you say happened to you, you still have nothing substantial to say about Mailhammer's book.

And, btw., Robert Mailhammer is an Australian.

I told you I haven't looked at it.

Post the link again

8 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Hayim Y. Sheynin, adjunct professor of Jewish Literature at Gratz College, critically reviewed the work Europa Vasconica – Europa Semitica (2003) in which Vennemann laid out his arguments for the existence of a Semitic (or "Semitidic") superstratum in the Germanic languages. Sheynin concluded that Vennemann's arguments were unacceptable on several grounds. He noted that Vennemann based important parts of his main claim on long-outdated and critically rejected literature, that many of the words presented by Vennemann as evidence of an Atlantic (Semitidic) superstratum were nothing more than "mere ad hoc sound similarities" and that Vennemann's claims made in reference to Semitic range from "objectionable" to "ridiculous". In summary, Sheynin concludes "that [Vennemann] failed in this book not only as comparative linguist, or etymologist, but even in his narrow specialization as a Germanist.... In short, we consider the book a complete failure".[1]

The book was also reviewed by Baldi and Page (Lingua 116, 2006). They also were critical of his Germanic part of the theory. Since there are no Phoenician inscriptions in Britain, if traders visited the island, the Insular Celtic part of the theory depended on linguistic evidence. The 5th millennium is very early for Celtic-speakers in Britain, compared with other theories, and Mallory suggested a date of around 1000 BC. Vennemann's view of the establishment of megaliths is not supported by mainstream archaeologists, who view their construction as having a widespread local origin along Oceanic Europe or one that spread from Portugal long before the Bell Beaker or any possible Cardium culture influences from the Mediterranean. Eska (1994) argues that the change from verb-noninitial word order in Continental Celtic to verb-initial in Insular Celtic is internally motivated. Baldi and Page stated that the strength of Vennemann's proposals lies in his lexical arguments, which merited serious consideration. The origin of the Picts is unknown: see discussions by Jackson and by Wainright as well as those by Kitson and by Forsyth. Since about 2000, it has been generally held that Pictish is Celtic, and clear evidence of Pre-Indo-European elements is absent.

55 minutes ago, Piney said:

I told you I haven't looked at it.

Post the link again

https://archive.org/stream/Mailhammer-TheGermanicStrongVerbs/2007MailhammerR.-TheGermanicStrongVerbs_djvu.txt

This is another link. The other one, the one that was deleted for god knows what reason, was a link to a pdf. But this one will do.

Edited by Abramelin

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.psu.edu/dept/cls/pubs/pubs/LINGUA1158.pdf&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwi53rrZ3MLrAhWFCOwKHaqcCyYQFjACegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw0HgTnGf7sXGyyTIxwMPJ2t

The above is a link to the review by Baldi and Page.

For those interested, scroll down the pdf, till you see:

"4 The book itself."

What I personally found quite amazing was this quote by Baldi and Page, especially the part about the homeland:

"From about 5000 BC onward, Semitidic peoples, bearers of the megalithic culture,
moved north along the Atlantic coast to all the islands and up the navigable rivers as
seafaring colonizers, until they reached southern Sweden in the middle of the third
millennium. ... At the dawn of history we find the western Mediterranean dominated
by Phoenicians, a Semitic people. ... I assume the megalithic culture to have spread
along the Atlantic coast from the south and west of the Iberian Peninsula and France
(5th millennium) via Ireland and Britain (4th millennium) all the way to Sweden (3rd
millennium) and thus to have its origin in the coastal regions between the western
Mediterranean and the Atlantic, where I locate the homeland of the Semitic peoples.12"

Edited by Abramelin

17 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

What I personally found quite amazing was this quote by Baldi and Page, especially the part about the homeland:

"From about 5000 BC onward, Semitidic peoples, bearers of the megalithic culture,
moved north along the Atlantic coast to all the islands and up the navigable rivers as
seafaring colonizers, until they reached southern Sweden in the middle of the third
millennium. ... At the dawn of history we find the western Mediterranean dominated
by Phoenicians, a Semitic people. ... I assume the megalithic culture to have spread
along the Atlantic coast from the south and west of the Iberian Peninsula and France
(5th millennium) via Ireland and Britain (4th millennium) all the way to Sweden (3rd
millennium) and thus to have its origin in the coastal regions between the western
Mediterranean and the Atlantic, where I locate the homeland of the Semitic peoples.12"

The Atlantic Megalithic Culture existed before the Phoenicians. Even before the Minoans, 

9 hours ago, Abramelin said:

https://archive.org/stream/Mailhammer-TheGermanicStrongVerbs/2007MailhammerR.-TheGermanicStrongVerbs_djvu.txt

This is another link. The other one, the one that was deleted for god knows what reason, was a link to a pdf. But this one will do.

Familie is a Roman loan worn.

Menschen comes from Manu which is of PIE origins.

Aden is also of PIE origins (Alan, Aran, Iran, Arya) 

None are "substrate" words. 

26 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

The Anatolian Neolithic Farmers, who were the ancestors of the Basques, Corsicans and some Sicilian tribes were also probably coastal sailors. That's where most archaeologists think the Atlantic Megalithic Complex originated from. 

10 hours ago, Abramelin said:

They also assume trade with the Nordic Bronze Culture was by ship when it was through the Amber Road.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_Road

and that Germans were on the continent when they were still jammed into Scandinavia and Anglen. .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_Bronze_Age

37 minutes ago, Piney said:

The Atlantic Megalithic Culture existed before the Phoenicians. Even before the Minoans, 

The quote, despite me finding it amazing, does suggest that a Semitic speaking people inhabited ancient Iberia, even long before Phoenicians and Minoans.

But I agree it is somewhat of a bold statement...

41 minutes ago, Piney said:

Familie is a Roman loan worn.

Menschen comes from Manu which is of PIE origins.

Aden is also of PIE origins (Alan, Aran, Iran, Arya) 

None are "substrate" words. 

This is what Mailhammer said about 'family':

"such as the Germanic words for ‘nobility’, ‘family’ and ‘people"

35 minutes ago, Piney said:

They also assume trade with the Nordic Bronze Culture was by ship when it was through the Amber Road.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amber_Road

and that Germans were on the continent when they were still jammed into Scandinavia and Anglen. .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_Bronze_Age

I didn't read anywhere that both Vennemann and Mailhammer deny the existence of the amber road. They, however, suggest a second way of contact: by sea.

Edited by Abramelin

46 minutes ago, Piney said:

The Anatolian Neolithic Farmers, who were the ancestors of the Basques, Corsicans and some Sicilian tribes were also probably coastal sailors. That's where most archaeologists think the Atlantic Megalithic Complex originated from. 

However, there are archeologists (and geneticists) who suggest a north-African origin.

8 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

I didn't read anywhere that both Vennemann and Mailhammer deny the existence of the amber road. They, however, suggest a second way of contact: by sea.

From a business standpoint it makes absolutely no logistic sense. It's a unprofitable waste. 

16 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

This is what Mailhammer said about 'family':

"such as the Germanic words for ‘nobility’, ‘family’ and ‘people"

No, he said it was a "substrate" word. 

and I pointed out that "nobility" and "people" both have PIE (Proto-Indo European) origins

25 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

The quote, despite me finding it amazing, does suggest that a Semitic speaking people inhabited ancient Iberia, even long before Phoenicians and Minoans.

But I agree it is somewhat of a bold statement...

It's a completely nonsensical statement. 

9 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

However, there are archeologists (and geneticists) who suggest a north-African origin.

Only Afro-centrists and other fringies. 

I forgot to add that Malta was part of the Atlantic Megalithic Culture along with Sicily and Corsica.