Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 3]

Abramelin

12 hours ago, Ott said:

Published by the Oera Linda Foundation (Drenthe, NL) this July: Codex Oera Linda - English edition.

Page scan samples here.

voorkantklein.jpg

Congratulations with the publishing of your book, Jan!

Of course I want to read what you put down on paper after all our lenghty discussions here on UM.

I'd like to know how I can buy a copy. It's not on Amazon?

---‐--

This is an interview with Jan on RedIce about his book:

https://redice.tv/red-ice-radio/ancient-european-prehistory-new-translation-of-the-frisian-oera-linda-book

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 7/25/2021 at 8:18 PM, Abramelin said:

I'd like to know how I can buy a copy. It's not on Amazon?

There is an order form on the website. Not on Amazon, because I liked the challenge of doing everything myself (except delivery). I felt bad enough having to make use of Paypal.

The main purpose of the book is to make the texts better accessible and provide a better translation*, not discuss authenticity or earlier translations. (* the first English translation straight from the original language, unlike Sandbach 1876, which was a translation of the first Dutch translation of 1872. Note that other than my posts here and the texts on my blog, my translation was improved by four proofreaders.) Copies will be handed over to Goffe Jensma personally at Tresoar (for himself, Tresoar and University Groningen).

It is the first edition that includes color scans of all 190 manuscript pages (with line numbers), an index of names and a suggested alternative reading order (see page scan samples).

This is an interview with Jan on RedIce about his book:

I think the first interview (audio only) of 2016 was better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ott said:

There is an order form on the website. Not on Amazon, because I liked the challenge of doing everything myself (except delivery). I felt bad enough having to make use of Paypal.

The main purpose of the book is to make the texts better accessible and provide a better translation*, not discuss authenticity or earlier translations. (* the first English translation straight from the original language, unlike Sandbach 1876, which was a translation of the first Dutch translation of 1872. Note that other than my posts here and the texts on my blog, my translation was improved by four proofreaders.) Copies will be handed over to Goffe Jensma personally at Tresoar (for himself, Tresoar and University Groningen).

It is the first edition that includes color scans of all 190 manuscript pages (with line numbers), an index of names and a suggested alternative reading order (see page scan samples).

Hi Jan

Thanks for the link to the first interview as I have listened to the one Rob  gave good luck

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have got a copy. It is quite a tome. I have yet to read it. I am busy at other things, and I am ill at the moment and cannot think straight: fever. coughing. I nearly collapsed in a supermarket this afternoon.

• Sad 2

On 7/27/2021 at 1:42 AM, Ott said:

I will buy a copy too. The link doesn’t show the order form but I’ll search around. I second the Amazon thing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 3:44 PM, Ell said:

I have got a copy. It is quite a tome. I have yet to read it. I am busy at other things, and I am ill at the moment and cannot think straight: fever. coughing. I nearly collapsed in a supermarket this afternoon.

I have recovered quite nicely. Just the occasional cough at the moment. These past days I have also taken up my daily bicycle ride; not today, though.

I am starting to become intellectually active again.

I will maybe discuss Circe in one of my articles.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2021 at 6:30 PM, Ell said:

I have recovered quite nicely. Just the occasional cough at the moment. These past days I have also taken up my daily bicycle ride; not today, though.

I am starting to become intellectually active again.

I will maybe discuss Circe in one of my articles.

I hope you feel lots better  Eli.

But I also hope your article won't explain the name "Circe" using the Dutch placename "Zierikzee"...

Edited to add:

Quote from the Wikipage about Circe:

Circe (/ˈsɜːrs/; Ancient Greek: Κίρκη, pronounced [kírkɛː])

Edited by Abramelin
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Abramelin said:

I also hope your article won't explain the name "Circe" using the Dutch placename "Zierikzee"...

Certainly not. ;-)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

For who is interested, there is now a second printed edition as well as an e-book version of the new translation: https://oeralinda.nl/

It does not include color copies of all manuscript pages (as did the 1st edition), but five appendices regarding authenticity question and relevant other sources were added.

3editionsCOLklein.jpg

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Ott said:

For who is interested, there is now a second printed edition as well as an e-book version of the new translation: https://oeralinda.nl/

It does not include color copies of all manuscript pages (as did the 1st edition), but five appendices regarding authenticity question and relevant other sources were added.

3editionsCOLklein.jpg

Hello Jan, welcome back!

Is it still only via PayPal one can order your books?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Abramelin said:

Hello Jan, welcome back!

Is it still only via PayPal one can order your books?

Thank you Abramelin. It was never only Paypal. Crypto payments and direct bank transfers are still also possible.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/29/2016 at 10:18 AM, Ell said:

Moors are people from the Underworld, the huge space habitat of the gods. (I wrote about them in my book about Zwarte Piet.)

I cannot make sense of the redskins, nor the white haired people with red eyes and a long life. I do note, though, that I in my above book, as well as in my translation of Aeneid VI, deduce that the people in the Underworld used eye-lenses that glowed red.

Six years later: be that as it may, an alternative is that all these phenomena refer not to people, but to comets and spaceships.

Edited by Ell

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2021 at 12:20 AM, Ott said:

3editionsCOLklein.jpg

Another Dutch translation….I’m excited.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2021 at 12:20 AM, Ott said:

3editionsCOLklein.jpg

Hats off to you Ott x I was being silly last post. really, a great achievement you’ve done x

Edited by The Puzzler

On 1/22/2023 at 9:02 AM, Ell said:

Six years later: be that as it may, an alternative is that all these phenomena refer not to people, but to comets and spaceships.

Six years later I’m like wtf Ell?

I can’t believe after so long this topic is still 6th in line…so where we up to? Good one Ott. I recall I was working on an Angry Saxon version…

On 8/29/2021 at 6:06 AM, Abramelin said:

I hope you feel lots better  Eli.

But I also hope your article won't explain the name "Circe" using the Dutch placename "Zierikzee"...

Edited to add:

Quote from the Wikipage about Circe:

Circe (/ˈsɜːrs/; Ancient Greek: Κίρκη, pronounced [kírkɛː])

Kirke, Kirk, my cousins name.

Edited by The Puzzler

You want to rekindle this thread, eh?

For me it's dead as a dodo.

Sorry.

• Haha 2

On 2/22/2023 at 4:29 AM, Abramelin said:

You want to rekindle this thread, eh?

For me it's dead as a dodo.

Sorry.

No need, I think I was really bored there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 1:23 PM, The Puzzler said:

Another Dutch translation….I’m excited.

No it's English. The latest version can be navigated freely here: https://wiki.oeralinda.org/view/Category:English_Translations (this wiki also has the start of some word studies, biographies, other translations and much more will be added later)

The online "Codex Oera Linda" translation has the possibility to compare with Sandbach, transliteration and original manuscript. You can also navigate the various texts in a more chronological order.

There is also the start of a forum here: https://forum.oeralinda.org/

The subject may be dead here. Elsewhere it is very much alive and growing. Some recent Dutch interviews have now been subtitled (youtube.com/@OeraLinda ). A fifth print edition is being prepared.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Ott said:

The subject may be dead here. Elsewhere it is very much alive and growing. Some recent Dutch interviews have now been subtitled (youtube.com/@OeraLinda ). A fifth print edition is being prepared.

Hi Jan.

I know you started a thread on your own blog about the OLB. I noticed minor or no critical tones. Not like it was here on UM anyway.

Anyway, good luck with your book.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Ott said:

No it's English. The latest version can be navigated freely here: https://wiki.oeralinda.org/view/Category:English_Translations (this wiki also has the start of some word studies, biographies, other translations and much more will be added later)

The online "Codex Oera Linda" translation has the possibility to compare with Sandbach, transliteration and original manuscript. You can also navigate the various texts in a more chronological order.

There is also the start of a forum here: https://forum.oeralinda.org/

Thankyou Ott.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Hi Jan.

I know you started a thread on your own blog about the OLB. I noticed minor or no critical tones. Not like it was here on UM anyway.

Anyway, good luck with your book.

Thanks. It's not on my blog and it's not just one thread. Critical views are welcome there too.

• Like 1