Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A black hole could turn you in to a hologram

UM-Bot

Scientists have come up with a novel new way to account for what happens inside a black hole.

With a gravitational pull so great that not even light can escape, black holes remain inherently mysterious and scientists have long struggled to make sense of what goes on inside them.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/283131/a-black-hole-could-turn-you-in-to-a-hologram

Um..

"According to Albert Einstein's theory of general relativity, black holes are uninhabitable chasms of spacetime that end in a "singularity," or a mass of infinite density. It's a place so bleak that even the laws of physics break down there. But what if black holes aren't so forbidding? What if they are instead some kind of intergalactic stargate, or maybe even a passageway into a whole other universe?

It may sound like the premise for a clever science-fiction movie, but new calculations by quantum physicists now suggest that the stargate idea might actually be the better theory. According to the startling new results, black holes do not culminate in a singularity. Rather, they represent "portals to other universes," reports New Scientist.

This new theory is based on a concept known as 'loop quantum gravity' (or LQG). It was first formulated as a way of merging standard quantum mechanics and standard general relativity, in order to remedy incompatibilities between the two fields. Basically, LQG proposes that spacetime is granular, or atomic, in nature; It is made up of miniscule, indivisible chunks about the same size as the Planck length — which roughly amounts to 10-35 meters in size.

Researchers Jorge Pullin from Lousiana State University, and Rodolfo Gambini from the University of the Republic in Montevideo, Uruguay, crunched the numbers to see what would happen inside a black hole under the parameters of LQG. What they found was far different from what happens according to general relativity alone: there was no singularity. Instead, just as the black hole began to squeeze tight, it suddenly loosened its grip again, as if a door was being opened."

Read more: http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/space/stories/black-holes-are-portals-to-other-universes-according-to-new-quantum#ixzz3eY2A4cIG

• Like 1

Its all just hocuspocus and hearsay, guesswork and opinions.

Alot of space science should still be classed as "fiction"

• Like 2

exacly father merrin totally agree with you there . its all guessing if there really that intrested why don't they attempt to put actions into words or just let it be . some things arnt ment to be known . thought it is all very intresting to think what actual would happen what is beyond there ..

• Like 1

Everything I ever needed to know I learned from Captain Kirk.

snapshot44.jpg

• Like 1

Um..

"According to Albert Einstein's theory of general relativity, black holes are uninhabitable chasms of spacetime that end in a "singularity," or a mass of infinite density. It's a place so bleak that even the laws of physics break down there. But what if black holes aren't so forbidding? What if they are instead some kind of intergalactic stargate, or maybe even a passageway into a whole other universe?

It may sound like the premise for a clever science-fiction movie, but new calculations by quantum physicists now suggest that the stargate idea might actually be the better theory. According to the startling new results, black holes do not culminate in a singularity. Rather, they represent "portals to other universes," reports New Scientist.

This new theory is based on a concept known as 'loop quantum gravity' (or LQG). It was first formulated as a way of merging standard quantum mechanics and standard general relativity, in order to remedy incompatibilities between the two fields. Basically, LQG proposes that spacetime is granular, or atomic, in nature; It is made up of miniscule, indivisible chunks about the same size as the Planck length — which roughly amounts to 10-35 meters in size.

Researchers Jorge Pullin from Lousiana State University, and Rodolfo Gambini from the University of the Republic in Montevideo, Uruguay, crunched the numbers to see what would happen inside a black hole under the parameters of LQG. What they found was far different from what happens according to general relativity alone: there was no singularity. Instead, just as the black hole began to squeeze tight, it suddenly loosened its grip again, as if a door was being opened."

Read more: http://www.mnn.com/e...m#ixzz3eY2A4cIG

OK, but did the theory have way an object can pass through the black hole and not come out the other side light toothpaste from a tube?

If nature's taught us anything, everything has an **** hole, what goes in has to come out......so what goes into a black hole has to be spewed out somewhere another dimension or another part of the universe, but it comes out.

• Like 1

Just like in SUperman 2

"We got too close to the hole!!!"

"SSSHHHHHIIIIIIII-"

"... crap ..."

783d73d2bbac36cde099a9eb1327f984.gif

So what exactly is novel here? Leonard Susskind has been talking about this for many many years now, to the point where it gets boring. Novel my @rse, when do we get some NEWs that's actually new??

*yawn*

I predict that in the year 2150 teenagers will be doing space shuttle races around the perimeter of black holes against the wishes of their parent-bots as a form of thrill seeking. They will see who can get closest to the event horizon and not get pulled into its gravitational well.

If nature's taught us anything, everything has an **** hole, what goes in has to come out......so what goes into a black hole has to be spewed out somewhere another dimension or another part of the universe, but it comes out.

___holes have also showed us that things come out much differently then when they went in. ;)

I wonder how a human would look after being eaten by a black hole...

That is fascinating. As fascinating as it is I would avoid black holes so that I don't become endless hologram pasta.

I think all these various attempts to understand black holes are great.

• Like 1

Spaghettification? Holograms? I think that when a black hole closes up it creates another big bang and a new universe is created.

I've fell into the black hole before, with my astral body (using astral travel)..

And...... what was inside? What did you experience?

And...... what was inside? What did you experience?

Like described by the professor : stretching (but not split into multiple part), squeezing, compressing into a singularity

Everyine is nothing but darkness

Edited by FlyingAngel

"We got too close to the hole!!!"

"SSSHHHHHIIIIIIII-"

"... crap ..."

783d73d2bbac36cde099a9eb1327f984.gif

That's actually the Phantom Zone, which doesn't have anything to do with black holes and holograms other than the movie's attempt to show the villians trapped in the zone, which was an alternative dimension - to work in an earlier thread.

Just like in Superman 2

Exactly, I was going to post that:

[The more advanced we get, the more our scientists seem to be falling back to what our old science fiction writers have come up with. I say, let’s just fire all the scientist who are afraid to use their imaginations and keep the Sci-Fi writers.]

But you made a far better and succinct point!

I've fell into the black hole before, with my astral body (using astral travel)..

Yes I believe you I have done that too.

Yesterday me and Gartliloch (a friend from the Saresti planet I met many years ago while Astral traveling) visited a white dwarf.

We drank tea and talked about midgets.