Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Smell from fridge puts 11 people in hospital

UM-Bot

A fridge at the University of Kentucky smelt so bad that it ended up hospitalizing nearly a dozen people.

Most people will be familiar with what happens when something goes off inside the refrigerator, but for workers at the University of Kentucky's Dimock Animal Pathology building this week the smell from one particular fridge was so overwhelmingly awful that the place had to be evacuated.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...ple-in-hospital

• Like 1

That stinks for those poor folks.

Though they only say it was from chemical residue.

The curious cat in me would like to know what chemical it twas...

Edited by Misanthropic
  • Like 4

woah, I didnt know a smell could hospitalize you!

Edited by MeOnlyMe
  • Like 4

i imagine that strong acids could cause respiratory distress and irritate the sinuses.

• Like 3

What chemical residue? like from food?? I need more info on this lol!

How often does that fridge get cleaned at that work place? If it was cleaned once a week nothing could of had time to decompose like that

• Like 1

I knew it was time to clear out my fridge ... when something closed the door from the inside... :w00t:

• Like 5

I have been rendered to vomiting fits from decomposing materials over the years.

To my great fortune, my ancestors seem to have breed towards having snuffy noses though. So a large amount of odors that should have done me in have floated on by with no results.

• Like 3

That stinks for those poor folks.

Though they only say it was from chemical residue.

The curious cat in me would like to know what chemical it twas...

KFC (Kentucky Fridge Chemical)

• Like 2

LOL that remind me of a kid at my school back in the 90'. He went to the bathroom and the school got evacuated because of the foul smell

• Like 2

I read this story about this cop that saw a bag of garbage by the road. He wanted to find out who was dumping so he opened the bag. Fumes from products to make meth knocked him out and he was hospitalized. So yea what you smell could be dangerous. When I was picking up garbage off the highway it made me think twice about looking in anything or touching it with my bare hands.

• Like 1

Somebody left a Braunschweiger, Limburger cheese and onion sammich in there too long. :o

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year
  • Like 2

jesus ! think there best just binning the whole fridge 11 ppl ended up in hospital . surprised the items in the fridge didn't grow legs

• Like 2